Thread: Puberty Blockers

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Puberty Blockers

As a follow up to this discussion: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...nder-ideology)

What's your take on letting people delay puberty until they're mature enough to make the choice to transition? Relevant to this, the UK has recently passed a law against their use:

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Children under 16 with gender dysphoria are unlikely to be able to give informed consent to undergo treatment with puberty-blocking drugs, three High Court judges have ruled.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-55144148

TIM
    SEI-Fe 6w7 Sp/sx
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel extremely split on this issue.

On one hand, I don't know what it is like to live with gender dysphoria and want to transition. To imagine what it would feel like to physically, mentally, and emotionally feel not at home in my own body and gender. To imagine what it would feel like as a little kid who knew they were in the wrong body and always exclaimed it since they were a child and knew they want to live as the opposite gender. Then, to go through puberty of your assigned gender would be a nightmare to say the least and most likely traumatic.

On the other end, this is such and extreme thing to block puberty and mess with the body. Especially because children change their minds a lot and there are teenagers who have 'transitioned' and 'de-transitioned' and that has permanently effected their body. Sometimes, gender dysphoria is not because a child is transgender, rather there is an underlying trauma or issue that is causing dysphoria.

I feel so split on the issue because both sides are right in their own way. I think having some laws in regards to puberty blockers is a good idea (or at least regulations) but, I don't know what it's like to be trans and there have been trans kids so desperate enough to get hormones that they would do anything for it. If you know in your bones that you are trans and in the wrong body and these puberty blockers will help, then I can't agree with this law. However, if you don't,then I agree with this law. Though, how do you 100% know?

I'm hoping that more studies and experts will come through in the next couple years to give a more on depth with this issue and maybe that can help with different regulations and laws for what is the best age in general.

Google badass lone wolf quotes MrInternet42069's Avatar
    TIM
    ESI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like it. I don't think making irreversible, drastic changes to your body is what really helps in most cases. People who feel like they are born into the wrong body need a lot of help and support, and in most cases, gender reassignment isn't the way to go. It's despicable that there are people who think children are able to make such choices. It all just seems like a messed up experiment.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In US I think it's more of a process, which I think... I'm not sure the exact details of it involved, but I think I like that better.

In other countries it's more liberal- so you can transition more quickly, and I think a lot of liberal therapists might even encourage or gaslight you to transition when you are not ready because they want to feel like white knight SJW heroes for trans people or something, and that is wrong. ((although Trans people are often bullied and scapegoated in the world and I think we should care about them more.))

When cis straight women complain about creepy males pretending to be women and harrassing them in bathrooms - they are talking about when people are allowed to transition too quickly and without making sure it's really the right thing for them ((some of them are bitches though and try to apply this to all trans people)) - but I don't think it's necessarily an attack on all trans people. It's complicated, transitioning completely would be excellent for some people- and not for others, and well- it is a process.

It should never be the hands of a pure straight person- because they are not going to fully understand GLBT. Professional and successful transgender people , should maybe decide on if the person is ready or not or something idk- and the therapist should realize their own biases (liberal or conservative) and not try to gaslight an innocent youth with their bs either way.

Most therapists are IEE to me. Most therapists in US feel like liberal IEE Delta SJWs.

My IEE therapists tired me to push me to go to a gay bar when I wasn't ready yet- and it didn't work. I was born gay, I knew i've been gay since I was 5- with trans it's kinda a similiar thing - but completely becoming The Idea of Trans because of it- is an entire thing as well.