Thread: Gender differences based on socionics

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gender differences based on socionics

Been wondering , and I have some hypotheses:

- Males have boosted logic and sensing, and females have boosted ethics and intuition

- The overarching type for 'male' is SLE, and for female is IEI (or equivalent).

-You can take a look at actors' Big 5 subt thread to see that females often have a higher Openess score, as well as Agreeableness score.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

> Males have boosted logic and sensing, and females have boosted ethics and intuition

Tests shaw more T types among men (~60% of men). And the similar was about F types among women.
    This _only known_ and not big difference has a chance to be explained by accuracy borders of tests.
    N/S types were close to equal % in both sexes.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There seem to me to be more female ILE-Ti, LSI-Se, and SLE-Ti than male ILE-Ti, LSI-Se, and SLE-Ti and there are more male EIE than female EIE. I know that I've said that a million times but it's what I've observed.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that men are more likely to overestimate their logic and women are more likely to overestimate their ethics.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does seem that men are more naturally logical and manifest more logical traits even when they're ethical types, and vice versa for women. Sensing and intuition on the whole seem like a wash. I've written more about it here: https://wholesocionics.blogspot.com/...emininity.html

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that most if not all dichotomies are pretty much equally split between the sexes. I know so many ESI guys and LSE girls, it's ridiculous lol
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering that type is very likely at least in part developed by nurture, it'd make sense that general gender norms would make women lean towards Ethics and men towards Logic, though there doesn't seem to be any other difference between gender that I know of. I'd bet money that transwomen are more ethical and transmen are more logical on average.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think there are on average significant gender differences and it kinda bugs me if we all have to be the same bc there are some more "masculine" things i just cannot be... like i'm sorry... am i allowed to have a nature???

i remember when i took women studies the teacher was big on "equal doesn't have to mean the same" and i rather agreed with this. it's about equality in society not that we must all be uniform. but that was in the early 2000s.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, as a male IEI I'm basically a woman. =p

I'm not sure that I can explain logically how I feel like I'm 110% beefcake male even tho I don't like guns, am bad at sports- I'm not very 'logical' I'm more heartfelt/emotional... but I still do.

I agree that ethics are considered to be a 'female' trait but idk, a lot of 'morality' stuff is considered to be very male as well. A lot of misogyny in society has been rooted in the belief that women are wrong, sinful/evil, dark and/or bad. (Yin energy) They shouldn't have any power or respect because villains always lose and the bad guys don't deserve any power or respect etc.

Well instead of morality being "pure" male- it's probably more of a 'gay' male thing specifically. In tribal societies, two-spirit shamans, priests or medicine men have played the roles of spiritual functionaries in our communities. In a darker, realistic way- it's probably the common role a gay man had to take in societies that historically would never accept the gritty real nature of homosexuality. (it's a sin!) Also when young people tease each other they use phrases like 'moral phagg0try' this has a lot of real truth to it if you study history. Some theologians believe that the passage in the Bible about homosexual acts was a gay man telling himself not to do that with another man.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this has mostly to do with societal expectations.

Women are not expected to justify their feelings in the same way men have to. This isn't because they aren't logical though.

Men have an issue showing vulnerability in society while women it's encouraged.

What I mean is no one has sympathy for a weak man. While people will go out of their way to help a woman with something.

If a man starts getting hysterical and crying over something like some women do, they would be laughed at 99% of the time.

Men are expected to know what they want and get it themselves, tears won't solve their problems. They often learn that early in life.

Girl thinkers are still expected to behave in stereotypically feminine ways.

Even as adults women are told to "smile" if someone (often boomer men) thinks they aren't behaving as a woman should.

This can give female thinkers a better social mask than their male counterparts.

Male feelers will learn to justify their opinions and needs in logical impersonal ways because ethical appeals are less masculine.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".