Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 81 to 120 of 153

Thread: Celebrities we know, seen in Heaven

  1. #81
    Enlightened Hedonist Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,563
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    @Subteigh, if you're seriously comparing the data/presentation I just gave you to a Harry Potter book, you don't need more Te data, you need a brain scan.




    Lol. Nah bro

    I don't know why you're so obsessed with RationalWiki; it is about as reliable as the diary of an average middle school kid
    Well, it's more reliable than the bible.

    You haven't actually disputed one thing it said. I suspect you haven't read the links I posted.

  2. #82
    Enlightened Hedonist Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,563
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    The odds of 48 prophecies being fulfilled by one person is 1 in a trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion (Lee Strobel, Case for Christ 1998)
    If you find that book convincing, I suggest you read The Case Against The Case for Christ by Robert M. Price

    But I'd prefer you to read this one document discussing the "Historicity of Jesus": http://www.richardcarrier.info/Historicity_of_Jesus.pdf (direct pdf link)

  3. #83
    Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    3,377
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    lol i think it's cute that you discuss the questions/answers with ur husband.
    Yes, it is one of things I love about us and our particular duality, especially after a previous long marraige to a narcissist, who did not care what I thought about anything - except for the purpose of refuting it*. Truly God knows what we need, and in His timing, He provides...

    _____________________
    *(perhaps that sounds a bit familiar to you in the present).

  4. #84
    Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    3,377
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    @Eliza Thomason I'll try to write a reply by tomorrow evening or the next day.
    Great, thanks. When you get a chance is fine, becaue I am going to be offline for awihle, out of town, longer than I'd planned because I wil be supporting my freind whose husband's life is in jeopardy* so I am doing all I can to leave sooner, and then extra work shifts when I return.

    But I woke up this morning thinking of a something that needed adding to my husband's comment (I asked him and he agreed it should be added). So in my own words, as to the purpose of the chruch/religuion of Christianity:

    Another purpose of the church is to strengthen us to do the will of God. One way is fellowhip (we are all part of one body) but key is the Sacraments. Sacraments are a means of Divine Grace sent to us. Protestants have two: Baptism and Marriage, and the Catholics have seven*. Thats a lot less, but the other Sacraments doesnt fit in with their theology. We see the Sacraments as God's ordinary way of pouring out extraordinary graces, and God is not confined to His own ordinary ways - He meets people where they are.

    There are also many gifts of the Holy Spirit, and one of them is prophecy, and most of these prophets I have been listening to are Protestant, as it seems there is a special annoiting at this time for prophets.

    The Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist is the center of our worship at Mass, for Catholics and Orthodox (and as one finds whern they go deep into history, it was also the center of worship for the earliest Christians and has contined to be for all of the time of the church on earth). Catholics and Orthodox takes Jesus' words seriously ["This is My Body, this is My Blood", and, "Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you."].

    ____

    * I want to be bold enough to say here that I am asking God for a miracle. I am asking God to give her husband a new heart, from his room full of organs in Heaven, that Kat Kerr saw, because I don't want my freind's heart to break if God forbid her husband doesn't make it, and I want to ask God for this boldly, especially for two reasons: He is soon ushering in a time of great miraculous healing unseen ever in the history of man, and I ask Him to anticipate that time for my friend's husband, and do a great miracle now, and also Kat Kerr has been mocked for this organ-room vision (she doesn't care) but I want to stand with her on this. Because there are many mysteries we cannot fathom!

    ** Those two, plus the Eucharist, Confirmation, Reconciliation, Annointing of the sick, Holy orders.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 06-29-2021 at 10:13 PM.

  5. #85
    Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    3,377
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    (Last night I listened to a prophet say - I forgot which one, as I listened to several - that this summer, after what begins on the 4th, with exposures of great evils and fraud, we will see these politians FIGHTING and fighting and fighting, as they accuse and accuse and engage in LOTS of whistle blowing. They will fight and accuse becase that is what evil does, and we will be seeing a snapshot of what hell is like, because that is all the damned do for all of eternity - they fight and attack one another. Forever.

    God says these evil ones will be done forever as far as political leadership; they will never return, and that He will put in thier place others who are worthy of the positions.

    He is telling us about America but He will be doing such things the world over. I am listening to American prophets, but I am sure he is telling things specific to other nations to prophets of other countries, because He does not act without telling His prophets first what He will be doing.)

  6. #86
    setting your soul on fire pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    timeless traveler
    TIM
    clown™
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    If you find that book convincing, I suggest you read The Case Against The Case for Christ by Robert M. Price

    But I'd prefer you to read this one document discussing the "Historicity of Jesus": http://www.richardcarrier.info/Historicity_of_Jesus.pdf (direct pdf link)
    I'd prefer you look back. I will refer you to 2010 and 2019.

    2010- Accuracy of the Bible / Jesus as a historical figure
    2015
    - God vs Spaghetti monster
    2019- We are all Michael Jordan
    2019- Jesus as a historical figure Part II / Why RationalWiki + Richard Carrier sucks
    2020- Something can't come from nothing
    2020- Theology / Greek Mythology / Faith / Evolution
    2021- Demons
    2021- Prophecy
    2021- Endtimes
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16

  7. #87
    AWellArmedCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Northern Japan
    TIM
    IEI-Fe (C) 4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    so I discern carefully
    How exactly? By my own careful discernment I see a pink haired woman who is insisting to me that I believe her about things that are impossible to disprove or provide any evidence for. I personally don't like to assume that people are ill intentioned or just lying about things, but I need a damn good reason before I believe someone knows anything at all about the afterlife. What is your process for discernment exactly? Can you describe an objective methodology which you use to determine if you should trust a supposed prophet?
    猫が生き甲斐

  8. #88
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,340
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eliza,

    you ignored the previous post I made about Paul (somehow Christians always manage to do this), but you've said this:

    Actually it is more of a both/and. First, nothing we can do can save us, no matter how exemplary. Only Jesus's death for us can atone, and atonement is needed. We are ALL saved through Jesus alone (including lots now in Heaven who never knew Him on earth. (His laws are written on all of our hearts; when we love His laws we love Him). But Catholics, Orthodox and the vast majority of Protestants agree: We are saved by faith, and that by the grace of God alone[/B]. The "and" is that we must grow in holiness, we must do right, and follow God's ways.


    I challenge you to make the case for being saved by faith-alone without citing Paul. As a special challenge, try citing Jesus' words to do this.

    I notice you've also mentioned Matthew 24's prophecy that no one will know the "day and hour" when Jesus returns. Since you apparently believe some of Jesus' words in that chapter, I wonder if you'll believe others.

    Elsewhere in that chapter, Jesus talks about how many false Christs will appear "to deceive, if possible, even the elect." But he says not to believe them: "So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

    In other words, if anyone's walking around claiming to have seen a physical manifestation of Jesus after he's already gone, Jesus says not to believe them, because his return will be obvious to everyone in the world.

    In Paul's conversion story, there was a flash -- a physical event, which others saw -- in which Paul claimed to have seen the true Jesus. Do you see a problem here? By the standards of Matthew 24, the Jesus that appeared to Paul was an imposter.

  9. #89
    Ксеркс, царь царей xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Miniluv
    Posts
    7,216
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    SLI husband's answer:

    Believing that we are saved by faith alone does indeed present problems. As your question suggests, a belief that we are saved by faith alone seems to make religion pointless, because by that standard, what we do does not matter. This however is not the belief of all Christians, or even the majority of all Christians. Some Protestants profess to believe this, but even most of these do not really believe it in practice. "Faith Alone" comes from selecting a few isolated verses from St. Paul, but it is not even the entire teaching of St. Paul, and it ignores what Jesus said. "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." -Matthew 7:21 Jesus taught that what was important isn't what we say, but what we do.

    And the Christian religion is about teaching us what that will of the Father is.
    Ok, that's better.


    My (IEE) answer

    Actually it is more of a both/and. First, nothing we can do can save us, no matter how exemplary. Only Jesus's death for us can atone, and atonement is needed. We are ALL saved through Jesus alone (including lots now in Heaven who never knew Him on earth. (His laws are written on all of our hearts; when we love His laws we love Him). But Catholics, Orthodox and the vast majority of Protestants agree: We are saved by faith, and that by the grace of God alone[/B]. The "and" is that we must grow in holiness, we must do right, and follow God's ways.

    We are actually called to be perfect - that is the race we are to run. How can we be perfect? All things are possible with God.

    God helps us with supernatural graces to do His will. We just have to have SOME sort of will to do His will, even if we are completely unable on our own. Sometimes our painful past prevents growth, and there are all kinds of unseen enslavements, but God helps! God is involved; He is in relationship with us, ever present, supporting and helping us, not sitting back, just watching and judging - that's not fatherly. He rewards our faltering efforts and does not demand overmuch of us. An eternal truth:[I]"My burden is easy and my yoke is light." He is the perfect Father who makes us feel perfectly loved just as we are, and guides us gently with perfect timing.

    Growing in holiness is a process, and we are to keep our eye on our own path not others' paths, because everyone has different challenges and has real reasons for doing wrong things we wouldn't do, and there iks no end to the wrong things we do ourselves to focus on. God invites us to relationship, and because we love Him, we seek to do His will.

    But if we spurn Him all our lives, we don't love Him. We cannot serve two masters, God and the world, because if we love one, we will hate the other. Die hating God, and as far as I see it, even with a last chance to repent (that God surely gives) a life lived hatign God can becoem a habit you don't want to give up, and you could want to choose eternal misery.

    Truly, no one goes to Hell without choosing it for themselves. It is an INFORMED choice, since God is perfectly just, so we know we are choosing joy forever or eternal torture forever. Goodness and love forever, vs. evil and hate forever. That is our choice - only that. On earth we must live with the existance of both, but there is no "both" in eternity. In eternity they are eternally separate. Both realties we see now will continue to exist forever, except that they are eternally separated. There is nothing that exists on earth that transforms to an alternative state of nothingness (just like nothing on earth does). Good and evil exist forever in eternity - eternally separated, never ever to meet again.
    Yes, that's better than before. Good works of a secular kind ought to have at least some value.

    RE. the bolded part, Christianity's clean distinction between the divine and the worldly is hard for me to accept. It always seemed rather arbitrary.

  10. #90
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    3,221
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    How do I get the demons to find me and share some inside knowledge with me?
    Try not to give in to the demon, instead wait and stay in the tension and see what it wants. All spontaneous urges come from the collective unconscious. What you first experience can be a "simple" instinct but it is tied to greater archetypal material that will reveal itself later.

    For example a sexual urge can lead to spiritual experiences if postphoned. It's linked to what Freud called sublimation.

    I just read about this yesterday. I can give you the source if you want. It's Jungian. Very de-mystifying but in an interesting way.
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

  11. #91
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,340
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Try not to give in to the demon, instead wait and stay in the tension and see what it wants. All spontaneous urges come from the collective unconscious. What you first experience can be a "simple" instinct but it is tied to greater archetypal material that will reveal itself later.

    For example a sexual urge can lead to spiritual experiences if postphoned. It's linked to what Freud called sublimation.

    I just read about this yesterday. I can give you the source if you want. It's Jungian. Very de-mystifying but in an interesting way.
    Sure, I’d appreciate it. If it’s a work of Jung you can just give me the title and I should be able to find it myself. I have an ebook copy of his collected works.

    Re. waiting for urges, I’ve felt my problem is that I’ve been waiting too long. I’ve been waiting my whole life, and now that I want to move I find myself unable. Too much buildup of psychic energy is also a problem. I’ve built up much and collapsed into psychosis a few times; I’d rather not go through this again. It’s just difficult to find appropriate outlets, rather than damming everything up and waiting for it to burst.

  12. #92
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    3,221
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Sure, I’d appreciate it. If it’s a work of Jung you can just give me the title and I should be able to find it myself. I have an ebook copy of his collected works.

    Re. waiting for urges, I’ve felt my problem is that I’ve been waiting too long. I’ve been waiting my whole life, and now that I want to move I find myself unable. Too much buildup of psychic energy is also a problem. I’ve built up much and collapsed into psychosis a few times; I’d rather not go through this again. It’s just difficult to find appropriate outlets, rather than damming everything up and waiting for it to burst.
    Maybe a better example would be the urge for chocolate or something like that. Or over-eating. Daily instinctual disturbances that make us deviate from how we want to actually live. They are "demonic" very close to the definition of the word.

    Ive been reading "Alchemy, an introduction to the symbolism and the psychology" by Marie-Louise von Franz (LII). First chapters.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 06-30-2021 at 03:46 PM.
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

  13. #93
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,340
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Maybe a better example would be the urge for chocolate or something like that. Or over-eating. Daily instinctual disturbances that make us deviate from how we want to actually live. They are "demonic" very close to the definition of the word.

    Ive been reading "Alchemy, an introduction to the symbolism and psychology" by Marie-Louise von Franz (LII). First chapters.
    Ah, I didn't mean (at least consciously) sexual urges exclusively. It's a more general impotency than that.

    Your phrasing is interesting. I don't see the problem of overeating or a craving for chocolate as anything like the sex drive. The first two are mostly unconscious; you may try to overeat or find chocolate without realizing. But my sex drive is much stronger; it's difficult to be unaware of it, and it absorbs my conscious thinking into it. That I consider demonic, in the sense of something close to experiencing divinity.

    Anyway, thanks for the recommendation. I'm heading to bed, but will begin reading it when I wake up.

  14. #94
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,242
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why do you talk sort of similarly to a guy I talk to named Vap who also is LII (and he is a 5w6, which you probably are).. You talk older, so you probably are older like him too.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  15. #95
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,340
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    Why do you talk sort of similarly to a guy I talk to named Vap who also is LII (and he is a 5w6, which you probably are).. You talk older, so you probably are older like him too.
    Are you talking to me? If so, I don't put much stock in the Enneagram, but I consider myself 5w4, the 4 wing being why I keep trying to talk about myself so much. Lol. Also, I'm 22. Still young and dumb, unfortunately.

  16. #96
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    3,221
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Ah, I didn't mean (at least consciously) sexual urges exclusively. It's a more general impotency than that.

    Your phrasing is interesting. I don't see the problem of overeating or a craving for chocolate as anything like the sex drive. The first two are mostly unconscious; you may try to overeat or find chocolate without realizing. But my sex drive is much stronger; it's difficult to be unaware of it, and it absorbs my conscious thinking into it. That I consider demonic, in the sense of something close to experiencing divinity.

    Anyway, thanks for the recommendation. I'm heading to bed, but will begin reading it when I wake up.
    Lets find an example of an urge that is clearly 1) bad for you or a disturbance in your life 2) clearly non-ego. Someone who has an addiction and wants to stop but cant. Alcoholism could be it.
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

  17. #97
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,340
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Lets find an example of an urge that is clearly 1) bad for you or a disturbance in your life 2) clearly non-ego. Someone who has an addiction and wants to stop but cant. Alcoholism could be it.
    I mean, overeating seems to fit those criteria. I just thought it was interesting you included sex drive with overeating/chocolate craze, since as I said, they don't seem very similar to me.

  18. #98
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    3,221
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I mean, overeating seems to fit those criteria. I just thought it was interesting you included sex drive with overeating/chocolate craze, since as I said, they don't seem very similar to me.
    Right. I see them all as belonging to the instinctual autonomous psyche. So the same realm, the "lower regions" although different in quality. Urges that errupt into consciousness and we have to deal with them somehow
    A true sense-perception certainly exists, but it always looks as though objects were not so much forcing their way into the subject in their own right as that the subject were seeing things quite differently, or saw quite other things than the rest of mankind. As a matter of fact, the subject perceives the same things as everybody else, only, he never stops at the purely objective effect, but concerns himself with the subjective perception released by the objective stimulus.
    (Jung on Si)

  19. #99
    in the arms of false mother inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,927
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i feel like a heaven with thrones and chests and dresses and so on is kind of materialistic and worldly... i always thought it would be rather difficult for the mortal mind to understand, that it wouldn't really be "physical." but um i guess it could always be like when the star trek characters visit the q continuum and they try to make it into a tangible place the humans can fathom...

    but i mean if heaven is about nice things, it kind of really IS a place on earth... lol

    the rapture will probably need to happen before humans have a chance to make their lives on earth more of a paradise, as on earth they would move towards prolonging life (trying to find a way not to die through science) and dreams of utopia... it would be satan rushing to artificially create the heavenly paradise in competition with god.

  20. #100
    Enlightened Hedonist Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,563
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    I'd prefer you look back. I will refer you to 2010 and 2019.

    2010- Accuracy of the Bible / Jesus as a historical figure
    2015
    - God vs Spaghetti monster
    2019- We are all Michael Jordan
    2019- Jesus as a historical figure Part II / Why RationalWiki + Richard Carrier sucks
    2020- Something can't come from nothing
    2020- Theology / Greek Mythology / Faith / Evolution
    2021- Demons
    2021- Prophecy
    2021- Endtimes
    Do you believe Elvis is still alive? There have been millions of sightings since 1977.

    The difference between Elvis and Jesus Christ is that there is a far greater level of confidence that Elvis existed.

    The gospels are not a valid account of a historical figure. They include events that are known to be impossible. You wouldn't accept the texts of other religions as being historical if they mentioned supernatural claims, like Athena fighting against the Persians.

  21. #101
    Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    3,377
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Eliza,

    you ignored the previous post I made about Paul (somehow Christians always manage to do this), but you've said this:





    I challenge you to make the case for being saved by faith-alone without citing Paul. As a special challenge, try citing Jesus' words to do this.
    I will answer more later - I am going away for at least a week - but I just want to say, there is not case for this b ecause just "faith Alone" is not right. I once believed it but I definietly changed my thinking which was a part of eventual conversion to Catholic; so now I am with catholuics, Orthodox, and most of the Protestasnts (who mostly don 't believe in Faith Alone by practice, at least).

  22. #102
    Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    3,377
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    ..
    RE. the bolded part, Christianity's clean distinction between the divine and the worldly is hard for me to accept. It always seemed rather arbitrary.
    I'll get to it next week!

  23. #103
    Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    3,377
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    Why do you talk sort of similarly to a guy I talk to named Vap who also is LII (and he is a 5w6, which you probably are).. You talk older, so you probably are older like him too.
    Isn't it amazing how personality type can come through so explicitly, even when all you see is the person's written words here on the16T?

  24. #104
    setting your soul on fire pandemic candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    timeless traveler
    TIM
    clown™
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Do you believe Elvis is still alive? There have been millions of sightings since 1977.

    The difference between Elvis and Jesus Christ is that there is a far greater level of confidence that Elvis existed.

    The gospels are not a valid account of a historical figure. They include events that are known to be impossible. You wouldn't accept the texts of other religions as being historical if they mentioned supernatural claims, like Athena fighting against the Persians.
    Circular reasoning son. You dismiss others' experience of miracles because of your own lack of experience of miracles. You assume miracles/supernatural claims are impossible.

    Why don't you investigate the variety of miracle reports in our modern time, from all over the world, instead of being stuck on your anti-supernatural bias.
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” John 3:16

  25. #105
    Enlightened Hedonist Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,563
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    Circular reasoning son. You dismiss others' experience of miracles because of your own lack of experience of miracles. You assume miracles/supernatural claims are impossible.

    Why don't you investigate the variety of miracle reports in our modern time, from all over the world, instead of being stuck on your anti-supernatural bias.
    You have a bias against all non-Christian supernatural claims. Why don't you investigate your lack of self-awareness?

    You did not answer the question.

    There is more evidence for Elvis Presley still being alive than Jesus Christ.

    If it is possible for this myth concerning Elvis to arise within years of 1977 in the age of mass media, then it is certainly possible for the Jesus Christ figure to be invented two thousand years ago. We have no idea who wrote the gospels. Even their later attribution to the four so-called evangelists does not give them an identity. It is meaningless to say there were hundreds of eyewitness accounts of Jesus Christ when none of their accounts can be independently verified. You believe that Jesus Christ is still alive. All you have to do is produce the body - not a big ask.

  26. #106
    Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    3,377
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    How exactly? By my own careful discernment I see a pink haired woman who is insisting to me that I believe her about things that are impossible to disprove or provide any evidence for. I personally don't like to assume that people are ill intentioned or just lying about things, but I need a damn good reason before I believe someone knows anything at all about the afterlife. What is your process for discernment exactly? Can you describe an objective methodology which you use to determine if you should trust a supposed prophet?
    Well I am not expecting you to believe, or make a judgment either way. I am just sharing it as a point of interest, and I am saying that I believe it.

    Discerning false prophets: Do they clearly prophesize a thing that does not happen? (Not referring to things that just haven't happened yet). You can't always "find" that evidence quickly, but you can find out whether trusted prophets (who do have discernment) trust them. Do they say anything against scripture, or the clear teaching of the Church*? Because then they are out. However, they can personally hold some theological errors, which is normal, but not if they clearly say God actually spoke about something that is against scripture. Is the person humble and not self-agrandizing? Kat is, and that was confirmed to me when I saw (in pink, 1st page here, post #18) that she grew up having humilty and faith modeled strongly from her parents. Does what she say move me nearer or further from God? Does what they say give me fear and anxiety, or do I feel a peace inside?

    I have discerned many false pophets. Just one example of many: A month or two ago, just when I was feeling anxiety for loved ones taking the covid jab, I came across a youtube video of a "prophet" I hadn't seen before with a grabbing-title about vast numbers of deaths comng. jab. So I listend to the whole thing. She said God told her 350 million deaths! How fearful and depressing.

    Although I did not discern in just that one viewing, of one video, any direct lies (I could have missed them), afterward I felt an inner warning against her. I did not feel any peace or comfort of God thinking about what she said (and if it was of God, I know that God gives peace with even bad news, if it is from Him). Instead, when I felt my peace had been robbed. Also I noticed there was an aspect to her delivery that felt way off, that I had not seen ever before in other prophets. I felt there was a lack of confidence and too much about "me", and I did not discern the peace of God coming from her. So that was enough for me.

    And since then, I have seen no other prophets say such a thing. But what I do hear over and over from differnt reliable prophets is that God is soon bringing the greatest spiritual revival ever seen in history to the whole earth, and it will be accompanied by many miraculous healings. Miracles of healing will be commonplace. So I am quite convinced that that woman was a false prophet.

    ______________
    *Church teaching, for me, means the dogma and doctrine of the Catholic Chruch

  27. #107
    AWellArmedCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Northern Japan
    TIM
    IEI-Fe (C) 4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Eliza Thomason I just watched several videos of Kat saying that Trump would win in a landslide, and that certainly didn't happen. Why isn't that enough to disprove her in your mind? She also had another video in which she said she took a picture of a demon that was over the roof of her house. She insisted several times that she wasn't joking, she literally whipped out her phone and snapped a clear picture of a demon. Why hasn't she shared that picture with anyone? Isn't it suspicious that she would hide something which would boost her credibility so much if she just shared it?
    猫が生き甲斐

  28. #108
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,340
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    @Eliza Thomason I just watched several videos of Kat saying that Trump would win in a landslide, and that certainly didn't happen. Why isn't that enough to disprove her in your mind? She also had another video in which she said she took a picture of a demon that was over the roof of her house. She insisted several times that she wasn't joking, she literally whipped out her phone and snapped a clear picture of a demon. Why hasn't she shared that picture with anyone? Isn't it suspicious that she would hide something which would boost her credibility so much if she just shared it?
    Deuteronomy 18:

    ...the prophet who intentionally speaks a word in My name, which I did not command him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die. Now if you say to yourself, "How will we know the word that the Lord did not speak?" If the prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, and the thing does not occur and does not come about, that is the thing the Lord did not speak. The prophet has spoken it wantonly; you shall not be afraid of him."

    Deuteronomy 13:

    Everything I command you that you shall be careful to do it. You shall neither add to it, nor subtract from it. If there will arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of a dream, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder of which he spoke to you happens, [and he] says, "Let us go after other gods which you have not known, and let us worship them," you shall not heed the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of a dream; for the Lord, your God, is testing you, to know whether you really love the Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall follow the Lord, your God, fear Him, keep His commandments, heed His voice, worship Him, and cleave to Him. And that prophet, or that dreamer of a dream shall be put to death; because he spoke falsehood about the Lord, your God Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and Who redeemed you from the house of bondage, to lead you astray from the way in which the Lord, your God, commanded you to go; so shall you clear away the evil from your midst."

  29. #109
    in the arms of false mother inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,927
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I feel my point about how heaven is so mundane and worldly has been missed... It just wouldn't be mundane I'm sorry.

  30. #110
    Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    3,377
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    @<a href="https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/member.php?u=2712" target="_blank">Eliza Thomason</a> I just watched several videos of Kat saying that Trump would win in a landslide, and that certainly didn't happen. Why isn't that enough to disprove her in your mind? She also had another video in which she said she took a picture of a demon that was over the roof of her house. She insisted several times that she wasn't joking, she literally whipped out her phone and snapped a clear picture of a demon. Why hasn't she shared that picture with anyone? Isn't it suspicious that she would hide something which would boost her credibility so much if she just shared it?
    I don 't know aboot the demon picture but I don't doubt it since it is not uncommon to see a demon-possessed person. I believe her; the truth is stranger than fiction. The spiritual world is more real than the one we see. Here Robin Bullock talks about an infamous demon-possessed person - whom God identifies as a jackal, that we have all watched. This video is all good, but to keep it short, hear what he says about identifyingthe demon you we ahve all seen speaking, starting at 6:50min.: (excellent discussion on WOKE in the first five minutes, I am pretty sure. Nice try, demons. YOur "woke" won't last. And if that demon video seems out of left field right now to you, soon it won't.

    Kat told the truth: Trump won in a landslide. She is still saying it, because it is the truth. Yes, the wait for this reality to manifest is stretching us believers, and it can't have been easy for those prophets saying those words when it appeared not to be happening, but they all stood strong - just like Kat's dad did in post #18, in pink, on the first page of this thread. He believed, when there was no reasonable reason to believe. But God's timing is perfect. If the truth had come out in January then it wouldn't have been believed by many and the media had not yet been exposed (soon it will for all) and they'd have led a ralley against it and the deceived people woudl be disgruntled. Everything had to be exposed, and finally, it will the exposrures will be here, within the week. When the trump is restored to where he belongs, there will be dancing and celebrating in the streets. Not just by Republicans either. By everyone. Also it is prophesized that the Democratic party will soon be over and done forever soon, because of what many of the corrupt leaders did (not jsut the voter fraud); they ruined it, and all the people, horrified by what they learned, will say good riddance! Also before long we be saying goodbye to the media as we know it, because the media will be all new in 2022.

    What we see on Sunday July 4th will be only the start of the exposures. God will bring it all to light. It already is happening, but the media is hiding it from us.* But God will expose it.

    Also more word on Sunday: Something of God in Nashville, Tenn. will be big on that day.

    So much is going on right now that the prophets are revealing; it's just been multiplying by the day for the past weeks and this week is crazy! I can't follow it all because I am trying to leave for out of town. I shouldn't be up so late, but I just wanted to answer this.

    *[As I mentioned somewhere above, Robin Bullock said that at a recent event God showed him the state of the souls of current prominent politians when they were talking, and many/most (not all) of the Dem leaders right now know they are over and done. Details above, somewhere.]

  31. #111
    in the arms of false mother inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,927
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Biden isn't woke, he's bs-ing... It's the same reason the CIA and military ran "woke" ads. Since you're not a dem mb you don't see how it's that a lot of dems see ppl like Biden as lying scum. It's just Trump was worse so what can you do.

    I personally have no political representation and I know many on the left don't, but what can you do when both choices are fucking awful?

    I can't stand Biden and I thought it was disgusting how he was put ahead of better ppl (eta by the disgusting left elitist media). Him and Harris both suck.

    Also if anyone thinks Biden is some kind of socialist they are an idiot. He's a neolib, a centrist, a right sympathizer... He is bound by his donors and a weak pathetic moron.

    Just accept we are alone, the ppl you worship in politics are lying to you, they serve a tiny wealthy minority and they don't care if you rot. That is the truth. Mb you could see if you were more of a true negativist.
    Last edited by inumbra; 07-01-2021 at 04:43 AM.

  32. #112
    AWellArmedCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Northern Japan
    TIM
    IEI-Fe (C) 4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    380
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I don't know about the demon picture but I don't doubt it since it is not uncommon to see a demon-possessed person.
    But she didn't say it was a demon-possessed person. She said that there were angels and demons doing battle over her roof in the sky and she got a picture. Is it really not suspicious to you that the entire world hasn't seen this picture by now? After all it'd be photographic evidence of the supernatural. Why would she not show that? I think the most reasonable assumption to make is that she took no such picture. I'm very curious to know why you don't think that is a reasonable assumption.

    Also what's happening in Nashville on the 4th? Isn't that a rather ominous thing to say given January 6th?
    猫が生き甲斐

  33. #113
    Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    3,377
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    ...

    Just accept we are alone, the ppl you worship in politics are lying to you, they serve a tiny wealthy minority and they don't care if you rot. That is the truth. Mb you could see if you were more of a true negativist.
    Who Biden and Trump are will soon be clear to all. Trump is no saint, but He is God's best for us in that office for this very time, and he is not evil. When everythign comes to light, I believe you will think so, too.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  34. #114
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,340
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Who Biden and Trump are will soon be clear to all. Trump is no saint, but He is God's best for us in that office for this very time, and he is not evil. When everythign comes to light, I believe you will think so, too.
    Why was Trump's name listed 16 times in Epstein's black book?

  35. #115
    Ксеркс, царь царей xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Miniluv
    Posts
    7,216
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  36. #116
    Ксеркс, царь царей xerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Miniluv
    Posts
    7,216
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Everyone: Communists, Catholics and Brzezinski is in on it.

  37. #117
    in the arms of false mother inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,927
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Who Biden and Trump are will soon be clear to all. Trump is no saint, but He is God's best for us in that office for this very time, and he is not evil. When everythign comes to light, I believe you will think so, too.
    I'm sorry but your attitude is that you want to override the votes of over half the country. It's like you don't respect the results or everyone else. And although reality will show your nonsense in time, you will never see it.

  38. #118
    Shazaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Posts
    12,805
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    They're probably both pedophiles- I just think you are blind to Trump's pedophilia because of the right-wing agenda and he's effectively manipulating you. ((as Adam Strange likes to point out, Trump used to register as an Oprah-loving democrat anyway)) To think Trump is somehow doing God's work is completely laughable- look at how he mocked and treated special needs people. Doesn't seem very Jesus like does it? I can't believe the Delta quadra takes the moral high ground over crap like that.

    Anybody- left or right, that deep in politics or the 'Deep State' isn't a good person and probably does all sort of sick shit. Abuses innocence, if not sexually- then in other horrible ways as it is. I know a Republican who worked in a leftist institution - but she was a right-winger. And she pretty much was a horrible abusive narcissist. I would probably want Trump as president over Kamala Harris though personally speaking- but both of those choices are pretty awful. They need a constant cycle of fall guys/scapegoats to avoid deflection to themselves.

    "Politicians are a lot like diapers. They need to be changed frequently- and for the same reasons." One of my favorite quotes lol.

    Very good question about Epstein's book FreeLance Policeman lol.

  39. #119
    Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    3,377
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    I'm sorry but your attitude is that you want to override the votes of over half the country. It's like you don't respect the results or everyone else. And although reality will show your nonsense in time, you will never see it.
    Biden and his fraud cronies, his freinds in high places, are all DONE. They are done, NOW. They aren't even in the White House now. You will see soon. The ceiling is poised to crash and there will be a big mess.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  40. #120
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    3,340
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Biden and his fraud cronies, his freinds in high places, are all DONE. They are done, NOW. They aren't even in the White House now. You will see soon. The ceiling is poised to crash and there will be a big mess.
    So what happened on the 4th?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •