Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ART That BETA Quad Likes

If you are BETA, please post art in this thread that you like.

Please just art that people can view at work, because I want people to feel free to open this thread and add pics whenever they feel like it. [So no NSFW art please.]
    (But if you really want, just post a link to the NSFW, and not the pics)

(I am hoping that after plenty of postings we will begin to see some trends).

***Please tell us which BETA type you are, too!***

Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 06-21-2021 at 08:07 PM. Reason: links
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, I keep posting in this to generate interest but it's just me still.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post

Woman in the first picture looks ESI, like many other Greek statues.

The woman on the horse looks LII.

The two wrestlers remind me of my high school wrestling class. God, did some of those guys stink.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Woman in the first picture looks ESI, like many other Greek statues.

The woman on the horse looks LII.

The two wrestlers remind me of my high school wrestling class. God, did some of those guys stink.

Lol yeah I know what you mean.

I was just posting art I like not really examples of the types through art.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk if this would be considered sfw.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I accidentally deleted my Pinterest board some months ago and I've been trying to put one together based on what I can recollect from my previous one. I managed to rescue some pieces but I still can't seem to find others and some I wouldn't even call art. Typically I'd pin:

Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NF

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NSFW

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like most of the stuff posted so far. If I would characterize somehow the stuff I like.. it's invoking grand scale of space and time, feelings of awe, mystery. Darkness isn't required but often adds to the mystery. Idealized aesthetics, heroism but also realism in lack of naivety and innocence. Greek and roman statues are cool as is their architecture, gothic architecture, art of the romanticism period (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanticism)
    Themes of alien worlds with incomprehensibly vast history, gritty sci-fi and fantasy. Movies like the Alien series and Pandorum have cool visuals for example, in books Alastair Reynolds.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John William Waterhouse

Edmund Dulac

John Bauer

Arthur Rackham

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irina Ionesco NSFW

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    If you are BETA, please post art in this thread that you like.

Please just art that people can view at work, because I want people to feel free to open this thread and add pics whenever they feel like it. [So no NSFW art please.]
    (But if you really want, just post a link to the NSFW, and not the pics)
    Ok so I just realized I'm not supposed to post NSFW images on here. BUT none of you all should be on this site at work anyway so...

Also it seems pretty beta not to follow that rule lol.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Irina Ionesco NSFW

I actually really like those
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laura Makabresku is my all time favorite photographer

https://mymodernmet.com/fairytale-ph...ra-makabresku/

https://arthur.io/art/laura-makabresku
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gustav Klimt is one of my favorite Artists. His paintings have so much emotion.

[IMG]https://miro.medium.com/freeze/max/480/1*tBUvMQKSyXfgaJvNdv-7lw.gif[/IMG]