Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Strength of Each Alpha Type

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Greatest Strength of Each Alpha Type

I think this a fun and cool topic to discuss. I would like to know what you may think is the biggest strength for SEI, ESE, LII, and ILE or just brag about your own lol.

So, what are the greatest strengths of the alpha quadrant types?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE: There is no reality but only perspectives that might sense except it should also fail because...
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI=Cute
    ESE=Cool
    ILE: Quirky
    LII: Chill

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite thing about ILEs is their sense of humor. I suppose this isn’t the same thing as their greatest strength, though.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESE- my sister has amazing class; she dresses well and eats the best food. I can do without her negative emotions but her positive ones are great
    LII- thoughtfulness, quiet nature, sometimes goofy and music taste
    ILE- I don’t know very many in close contact but generally they seem a lot like ESE in their rationality and thought otherwise they have dark sides to them I can do without
    SEI- they know how to relax by the pool and ask about your feelings and they can use humor to bring you some fun
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE- They are really intelligent when it comes to the social environment and learning to balance it out. I've always enjoyed the ESE's could both stand their ground without screwing over the social atmosphere. I find them to be welcoming and caring.
    LII- The flexible intelligence and very knowledgeable about subject while coming across very friendly. I love the way they describe and explain concepts to me and I love listening to their own thoughts. It's got that quirky aspect with a quiet friendly that I enjoy. One of my favorite professors was an LII.
    ILE -Intellectually quick and know how to make use of their environment while remaining confident in both themselves and possibilities. I am pretty jealous of their strength to say the least.
    SEI-the hidden comfort/stability of an environment with a touch of quirky-ness and spice. I find it weird to talk about myself but, I have an SEI coworker who I was always happy to be around as she was always chill and always indulged with me on quirky subjects and big plans for travels.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI - esp. if social-firsts, their ability to charm and positively predispose others to themselves is unparalleled
    ESE - loyal to a fault to people and causes they care about
    LII - are uniquely able to integrate emotional intensity into intellectual depth
    ILE - their intelligence seemingly knows no bounds and incises concepts with unbelievable speed

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is even going on here?
    My own Quadra is starting to look pretty annoying...

First of all:

I AM NOT CUTE
    I AM NOT CHILL
    I AM NOT ALWAYS BRINGING POSITIVE MOODS
    I AM NOT MAKING COMFORT
    I may come off as QuIrKy sometimes but I wouldn't call my self QuIrKy.

Being "chill" or "cute" really isn't a strength?? It's just an ordinary personality trait. I hate being associated with those things, I hate it so much it makes my blood boil.

You want to know why I hate being seen as "cute"? Because it sounds demeaning, infantilizing and like people don't want to take me seriously.

So either disown me from Alpha Quadra or STOP giving SEIs these adjectives, please and thank you.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Are you a troll?
    Lets not ruin her game

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you a troll?
    No for the hundredth time, I am not a troll...

I might have to give up Socionics as I seem to be confusing everyone.

I assure you with this post I was being serious...

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Lets not ruin her game
    I'm not playing a game?

Like I know I use a lot of Fe on here to the point where I seem goofy and annoying and trollish but come on...

Are you all trying to confuse me?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post

First of all:

I AM NOT CUTE
    I AM NOT CHILL
    I AM NOT MAKING COMFORT

Being "chill" or "cute" really isn't a strength?? It's just an ordinary personality trait. I hate being associated with those things, I hate it so much it makes my blood boil.

You want to know why I hate being seen as "cute"? Because it sounds demeaning, infantilizing and like people don't want to take me seriously.

So either disown me from Alpha Quadra or STOP giving SEIs these adjectives, please and thank you.
    I am really not like those things I assure you. I'm not lying to troll people. I don't get why people seem to think I am a troll.

SEIs don't have to be any of these things.
    SEIs can have dreams and goals that they don't want ruined.

This is all possible right? I get that I am emotionally all over the place but I'm not trolling.

Either i'm not SEI or you guys just don't understand my writing and I need to correct the way I express myself on this forum, because clearly I do not seem to get the point across to anyone.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really not like those things I assure you. I'm not lying to troll people. I don't get why people seem to think I am a troll.

This is all possible right? I get that I am emotionally all over the place but I'm not trolling.

Either i'm not SEI or you guys just don't understand my writing and I need to correct the way I express myself on this forum, because clearly I do not seem to get the point across to anyone.
    You actually communicate with lovely devices and understanding. The whole portal you depict is transformative and open ended. I definitely don't want you to feel alienated or cast out.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve found SEIs, especially those who have found their “niche” and sphere of interests, are ridiculously intelligent and insightful in an “old soul” kind of way. They are also quite observant and catch details of situations that most people miss - when there’s a problem, they are often the person who points out the single, relevant thing the rest of the group didn’t think of. SEIs are probably my favorite type to spend free time with, as together we are a creative force and they never get boring to me.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to say this:

Only my boyfriend has ever described me as "cute". No one ever said I was chill or comforting, even my boyfriend met other SEI and said she was too comfortable and said I was a challenge.

Definitely wouldn't say I am "positive" in a group, though.

Probably because the people I spoke with are either crazy dreamers like me or rowdy anti Fi, Fe atmospheres with little sense of comfort or chill in them. I kind of doubt EII would want to hang around in such an environment of loud, rowdy, crazy talk but maybe there will be an EII to prove me wrong lol.

At least there are people that don't think I'm trolling though

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all:

I AM NOT CUTE
    I AM NOT CHILL
    I AM NOT MAKING COMFORT

how many times does everyone on this ENTIRE forum have to say you're not SEI. I'm impressed that you've still managed to self-identify as that type despite nearly everything you've said on this forum basically proving otherwise.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    how many times does everyone on this ENTIRE forum have to say you're not SEI. I'm impressed that you've still managed to self-identify as that type despite nearly everything you've said on this forum basically proving otherwise.
    okay

I'll go typeless then...

(I don't get how literally everything I've said goes against SEI though.)

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay

I'll go typeless then...
    Thank you.

You definitely seem like you don't really fit into a specific type, which is completely fine, though I'd recommend taking talanov's questionnaire once it releases again next month, which hopefully should help. Though you could take other tests online to figure out your function strengths, though they wouldn't necessarily be accurate.

EDIT: just figured out the test will be taking a "long vacation from July 1". so, uhh, ya, it'll be a while

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She seems SEI to me. She seems to verbalize many thoughts which normal SEIs don't usually, and given what I know of her I think there are certain reasons for that, but those thoughts themselves seem common enough for the type. So I'm one person who thinks SEI fits.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.

You definitely seem like you don't really fit into a specific type, which is completely fine, though I'd recommend taking talanov's questionnaire once it releases again next month, which hopefully should help. Though you could take other tests online to figure out your function strengths, though they wouldn't necessarily be accurate.
    I'm wary of most online tests, don't really like any of them. Hopefully with 584 questions it doesn't screw up my answer like they usually do.

I feel like I can "act" or "appear" as different things depending on where I am and who I am interacting with. This forum is all my raw emotions kind of unfiltered and spilled out everywhere, (stream of consciousness style) so I am not trying to conform to a specific image on here, and if so it is an unconscious thing.

I could be IXFX (but not ISFp or INFj) or EXFX (but a very introverted subtype).

And I mean Freelance could be right, maybe I am a very eccentric SEI.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    She seems SEI to me. She seems to verbalize many thoughts which normal SEIs don't usually, and given what I know of her I think there are certain reasons for that, but those thoughts themselves seem common enough for the type. So I'm one person who thinks SEI fits.
    The thing is her complete lack of any sign of Ne suggestive, and the extreme appreciation for Ni. I don't think she's said anything that really shows her Si other than in the most esoteric ways that really don't matter in ITR, but she has shown Ni. I don't want to type her myself though, since no one can really look at a person and give a confident and good answer for their type and strength in functions which is better than just taking a good test.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@MidnightWilderness, being able to effortlessly appear to be other types (and still be iron-willed about being misunderstood) is a characteristic of IEIs.

Have you ever considered that as a possible type?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @MidnightWilderness, being able to effortlessly appear to be other types (and still be iron-willed about being misunderstood) is a characteristic of IEIs.

Have you ever considered that as a possible type?
    Hmm I just don't see any Se DS in me, or 4D Ni. I mean maybe, maybe, but... it doesn't feel quite right. Something is off... somehow...

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I just don't see any Se DS in me, or 4D Ni. I mean maybe, maybe, but... it doesn't feel quite right. Something is off... somehow...
    that's fine, though what you should focus on is how strong your Ni is compared to other functions. And if you do have a reasonably strong Se, that's also fine. I know I got bimbo(random person who I don't think really posts much on the forum) to take the talanov test, and she acutally ended up managing to get Fe as her strongest and Te as her polr, which was fascinating. She also had a pretty modest Ni(she got EIE as her closest type, though she was pretty close to IEI and SEE), with it being her 3rd strongest function, and an Si which was 3rd weakest. So i just want you to consider what exactly you are, regardless of standard, hardpinned type.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wary of most online tests, don't really like any of them. Hopefully with 584 questions it doesn't screw up my answer like they usually do.

I feel like I can "act" or "appear" as different things depending on where I am and who I am interacting with. This forum is all my raw emotions kind of unfiltered and spilled out everywhere, (stream of consciousness style) so I am not trying to conform to a specific image on here, and if so it is an unconscious thing.

I could be IXFX (but not ISFp or INFj) or EXFX (but a very introverted subtype).

And I mean Freelance could be right, maybe I am a very eccentric SEI.
    I assume you mean not ISFj, not ISFp? ISFp is SEI; ISFj is ESI.

Derailing the thread a little, but there aren't that many types to choose from. We both agree you're definitely an F type, and probably introverted, so that leaves

EII
    ESI -- I assume you meant to strike this out?
    IEI -- You don't think you're this
    SEI

If we strike out Fi valuers, that leaves only xEI. You said you could see ExFx; again, if we assume Fe-valuing that's only ExE. I personally have trouble seeing you as either of these types, but you know yourself best.

Points in favor of SEI > EII: you think you value Fe (and most people here (myself included) seem to agree); you often dislike Ne (I've never heard of anyone disliking most manifestations of their ego functions, but people are sometimes turned off by their suggestive, and SEIs seem particularly to often react badly to Ne people); you're in a relationship with an ILE and seem to have assumed a 'caretaker' role on yourself (admittedly EIIs sort of do this too, but are babies about it themselves and want practical Te help/motivation). Finally, you don't seem to think you're an intuitive type, and think you don't have 4D Ni. I also get the impression you value Ti from your writing style, though that's admittedly pretty subjective.

Personally I have real difficulty understanding how Si base see and interpret the world; when they try to articulate their thought process it sounds to me something like a more materially-focused Ni. So I could very well be wrong, and you could be IEI (would seem to be a much better fit than EII, given 4D Ni), but you think you're SEI, other types don't seem to fit, and you seem like other SEIs I've known, so that's good enough for me to also think you're SEI.

I do think you seem slightly eccentric, since you used that wording. But everyone here probably is, too. If you've figured out your type and thoroughly ruled out all other types, it's probably not useful to keep analyzing your behavior and wondering "is this what a typical x would do?" trying to re-type yourself. Everyone's got quirks not directly tied to their type.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I assume you mean not ISFj, not ISFp? ISFp is SEI; ISFj is ESI.

Derailing the thread a little, but there aren't that many types to choose from. We both agree you're definitely an F type, and probably introverted, so that leaves

EII
    ESI -- I assume you meant to strike this out?
    IEI -- You don't think you're this
    SEI

If we strike out Fi valuers, that leaves only xEI. You said you could see ExFx; again, if we assume Fe-valuing that's only ExE. I personally have trouble seeing you as either of these types, but you know yourself best.

Points in favor of SEI > EII: you think you value Fe (and most people here (myself included) seem to agree); you often dislike Ne (I've never heard of anyone disliking most manifestations of their ego functions, but people are sometimes turned off by their suggestive, and SEIs seem particularly to often react badly to Ne people); you're in a relationship with an ILE and seem to have assumed a 'caretaker' role on yourself (admittedly EIIs sort of do this too, but are babies about it themselves and want practical Te help/motivation). Finally, you don't seem to think you're an intuitive type, and think you don't have 4D Ni.

Personally I have real difficulty understanding how Si base see and interpret the world; when they try to articulate their thought process it sounds kind of like a more materially-focused Ni. So I could very well be wrong, and you could be IEI (would seem to be a much better fit than EII, given 4D Ni), but you think you're SEI, other types don't seem to fit, and you seem like other SEIs I've known, so that's good enough for me to also think you're SEI.
    I am definitely not EII, like... big no, big yikes. Never once did I think EII was possible.

My issues with Ne users is the indecisiveness, their jokes, oh, and if their Ne breaks my plans. Just see my thread asking ILEs.

I think I'm SEI because my boyfriend thinks this strongly, as well as you, and I don't see Se DS or 4D Ni. Almost everyone seems to think otherwise.

I had to force myself into a caretaking role but never really wanted to the entire time, it was an act and I wasn't very good at it. Not because I wanted to or felt like it mind you, but because my boyfriend asked for it repeatedly. He forced it on me, I never once tried to take it on myself. I met him at 15, so my personality wasn't fully developed. I talked to LP before I met my bf and never once took on a "caretaking" role, at least not in a Si sense. I didn't know he was ILE at first actually, then I got introduced to Socionics. The relationship won't work out anyhow, we always seem to have problems.

Not saying that I can't still be SEI but I am clarifying.

Also yes, derailing threads seems to be a common thing that I end up making happen.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem nice but have you backread your posts? You are denying what SEIs are and how people perceive them but you are still sticking to be one of them. And on top of that you don't even connect well with ILE when they should be the most compatible to you. Why? Is IEI typing that repelling?
    I don't know, if that happens to me I'll surely jump to another type.

I am not saying you should follow the crowd but you can check SEI and IEI descriptions to compare I guess?
    I just don't see Se DS, or 4D Ni use

If I am really SEI then I have to disagree with this perception and I hate it so much, maybe people are just stereotyping SEIs, IDK. I feel disgusted and just uncomfortable with how people describe SEIs too, it's a terrible representation of me and not how I want people to see me at all.

I've checked IEI descriptions, but again, I don't see Se DS (unless of course needing help focusing on what I need to do in the current moment or help with real, practical things counts as Se seeking, or needing to be pushed out into the real world (but that's more extroversion seeking)) or 4D Ni use. SEI descriptions suck so hard in describing me, I only feel confused by the descriptions and kind of repulsed.

I really can't say anything about connecting with SLEs either, they are far too different from me. It's like they live in another plane of existence as well, at least from my impressions on this forum. I have never met Se ego in real life so I can't make any comments on my ITRs with them.

I'm starting to think I will never be typed... ;-;

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    SEI. My impression is that they always seem to have time to talk with you, and could be engaged talking about anything under the sun. Because they would rather not be hurried it is not their inclination to hurry others, either - very reassuring to a nervous person (me).

They do seem curious (that could contribute to cuteness that people comment on here) and genuinely interested in your story, without pushing for a purpose.
    I think LII are also almost always open to talk to anyone, and display interest like this, as do ESI and ILI. EII and IEI are similar, but seem to have more of an "I'm done with you" point you can easily reach with them.

Alpha/Gamma extraverts are also talkative, "open" in the way you seem to describe, and don't seem to mind talking to anyone, but don't necessarily talk about what you'd like to talk about, and are not-so-great listeners.

Speaking of EIIs, didn't you formerly type yourself as one? There have been many changes lately here!

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am definitely not EII, like... big no, big yikes. Never once did I think EII was possible.

My issues with Ne users is the indecisiveness, their jokes, oh, and if their Ne breaks my plans. Just see my thread asking ILEs.

I think I'm SEI because my boyfriend thinks this strongly, as well as you, and I don't see Se DS or 4D Ni. Almost everyone seems to think otherwise.

I had to force myself into a caretaking role but never really wanted to the entire time, it was an act and I wasn't very good at it. Not because I wanted to or felt like it mind you, but because my boyfriend asked for it repeatedly. He forced it on me, I never once tried to take it on myself. I met him at 15, so my personality wasn't fully developed. I talked to LP before I met my bf and never once took on a "caretaking" role, at least not in a Si sense. I didn't know he was ILE at first actually, then I got introduced to Socionics. The relationship won't work out anyhow, we always seem to have problems.

Not saying that I can't still be SEI but I am clarifying.

Also yes, derailing threads seems to be a common thing that I end up making happen.
    You scream rationality.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    You scream rationality.
    Ok, either I am rational subtype IP or introvert subtype EJ, you pick BrightDemonSheep96.

I'm pretty sure I value Fe over Fi at this point. I have laughed a lot at and enjoyed Fi PoLR jokes before, where Fi type would immediately feel uncomfortable. I gravitate towards Fe atmosphere over Fi atmosphere. My boyfriend doesn't feel subjugated by me, so not EII, and what kind of ILE talks to ESI for two years without feeling terrible?

Seeing as you literally suggested EII as an actual possible typing for me and then tried to say ESE, I don't really trust your statement or your assessments. You said I have stressed sensing and then changed your mind and said ESE, which would not be stressed sensing, on the basis that you think my Fi to be not demo for reasons which aren't really clear reasons for being Fi over Fe. Not taking into account any other factors for why I could be that type or not.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You scream rationality.
    Btw, what makes you think I am rational?

(I just was a bit harsh there I guess, I don't really dislike Ne jokes most times, just sometimes I am not in the mood for it. My "plans"? You mean my semi-loose visions of what I should be doing with my life and my ultimate goal?)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Btw, what makes you think I am rational?

(I just was a bit harsh there I guess, I don't really dislike Ne jokes most times, just sometimes I am not in the mood for it. My "plans"? You mean my semi-loose visions of what I should be doing with my life and my ultimate goal?)
    You want sometime management and stuff. It also seems like you are an ethical type on top of that so your goals are not very logical. You want structure and collaborative direction. Irrationals tend to accept each others' cyclothymic nature and then do things when they want and how they want.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want sometime management and stuff. It also seems like you are an ethical type on top of that so your goals are not very logical. You want structure and collaborative direction. Irrationals tend to accept each others' cyclothymic nature and then do things when they want and how they want.
    But then I would have to be either ESE-Si or EIE-Ni? I'm far too withdrawn to be a normal representative of these types.

Also, no I do not plan out my day but I want to make unstructured to-do lists. I don't care too much about time management or structure, but I want to be able to focus on things I should be doing to achieve my goals. I need motivation and help actually taking action.

And I don't always want to be working as I need time to reflect and sort out all of my emotions.

How am I even 4D Fe?

Why are you all confusing me further?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    The truth seems more important to LII than a person's individual truth...if that makes sense? To me that is where ethical types can differ in their kind of openness and listening.
    I’m not sure I understand. I’m afraid. If a person has an “individual truth,” which I assume is something like one’s understanding of the world, is at odds with “the truth,” surely the individual truth isn’t actually true? I likely just don’t understand what you mean by “personal truth,” though.

I think people can sometimes become annoyed by LIIs’ conversation style, which is wordy and can feel like it takes a while to reach anywhere constructive. At least I’ve had people complain about this to me, and I can see a similar way of talking in other LIIs IRL. I also have an impression that F types often want emotional validation when they talk about problems, and LIIs tend not to give much of this, either because they don’t recognize that they should, or because they don’t know how.

i can’t think of what problems one might have talking to an SEI. So maybe they’re better at this kind of thing.

'm a not-so-great listener, because everything gets related back to my own life experience - which is admittedly narrow, and without challenges to build character.
    With privacy, conversations come easier.
    Really? It surprises me you’d say that; you seem thoughtful and responsive over text.

You might be thinking of someone else, as I have not typed as EII
    Probably. asd maybe? I think she also has a flower avatar. Apologies!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some are better than others but generally:
    SEI - real-time awareness with a solid anchor in reality
    ESE - ability to understand another's reasoning
    ILE - curiosity with very active inquisitiveness
    LII - broad, independent rationalization

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEI - ability to find meaning in everyday existence
    ESE - raw charisma
    ILE - not sure I've ever met or recognized a real life ILE
    LII - thoroughness/exactingness

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all:

I AM NOT CUTE
    I AM NOT CHILL
    I AM NOT MAKING COMFORT

I've also never seen myself as a chill, comforting person. I don't feel like I'm that positive at all either, neither do I try to elicit that in others. (Maybe it's so subconscious that I don't even notice it) And I also do get slightly annoyed reading the things about SEI, it's just like there's nothing else there to us. Like we're just a ball of happiness there to take care of other people, which I don't even like having to do.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fatgurl View Post
    I've also never seen myself as a chill, comforting person. I don't feel like I'm that positive at all either, neither do I try to elicit that in others. (Maybe it's so subconscious that I don't even notice it) And I also do get slightly annoyed reading the things about SEI, it's just like there's nothing else there to us. Like we're just a ball of happiness there to take care of other people, which I don't even like having to do.
    Ehh if it bothers you, just focus on your actual qualities separate from your type. Then what you should probably do is either question your type and become homeless type like me, or start posting to break everyone's stereotypes of SEIs, and never give up posting to stop people from stereotyping you.

I'm 4w3 though, not 9w1 so my advice probably doesn't make a bunch of sense to someone that avoids conflict though. :\

Also I could probably be any type according to forum members,

Am I SEI?
    Am I IEI?
    Or could I possibly be any type at all but not SEI?
    Or do I scream rationality so hard that I have to be a deranged ESE-Si or EIE-Ni or (lol) ESI/EII?

So I wouldn't trust myself right now personally for SEI to SEI advice...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehh if it bothers you, just focus on your actual qualities separate from your type. Then what you should probably do is either question your type and become homeless type like me, or start posting to break everyone's stereotypes of SEIs, and never give up posting to stop people from stereotyping you.

I'm 4w3 though, not 9w1 so my advice probably doesn't make a bunch of sense to someone that avoids conflict though. :\

Also I could probably be any type according to forum members,

Am I SEI?
    Am I IEI?
    Or could I possibly be any type at all but not SEI?
    Or do I scream rationality so hard that I have to be a deranged ESE-Si or EIE-Ni or (lol) ESI/EII?

So I wouldn't trust myself right now personally for SEI to SEI advice...
    Tbh, even if you end up not being SEI, breaking SEI stereotypes is great.
    I can barely articulate this, forgive me, but I think there's something truly wonderful in Si that gets lost in the stereotypes, and I'm unhappy about that. Those stereotypes are taking so much away, making Si unidimentional and uninteresting.
    So far, the SEIs around either aren't SEI or SEIs stereotypes are dumb.
    There are types whose stereotypes makes them inhumane, thinking a type makes people who cannot ever get mad or choke everyone with freshly baked cookies is nuts.

I have no idea of your type, I'm only starting to get to know IEI-ness, SEI-ness is still a long way to go.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Alpha quadra always gets the least amount of views here, so are you guys so good at being evil & deceptive you go un-noticed or are you so good at being good people don't pay much attention to alpha because Good = Boring, and it's kinda like a story with no villain, no conflict, or no complex plot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast