Thread: IEI and cooking videos

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default IEI and cooking videos

In the effort to provide my family with all variety of foods once again I'm watching way way too many cooking shows on YouTube, which is one of my hobbies, and I find that there are a lot of IEI home cooks as well as fashion advisers (content makers) on YouTube...way to go IEI! Anyway yeah here's one of my FAVORITES LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgITcbIrysc&t=658s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jyxdYucQCg
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-20-2021 at 03:09 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You seem preoccupied with IEIs a lot lately.

Did you like the campy story I wrote for you/about you years ago where you punished mean teenager kids for not having enough Fi? ((Similar to Angela Baker in the Sleepaway Camp series))

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI in your head
    You're better of dead
    Systems exploding, magic eroding
    Truth is better left unsaid
    You got to Heaven
    Being pure and right and true
    But found it overrated
    Now you're with the Betas
    Watching and eating Food.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    You seem preoccupied with IEIs a lot lately.

Did you like the campy story I wrote for you/about you years ago where you punished mean teenager kids for not having enough Fi? ((Similar to Angela Baker in the Sleepaway Camp series))
    Yeah it was sparked by me looking at pictures of my IEI cousin who died. That sort of thing for me sends my mind into kicks
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Aww @Beautiful sky

I'm sorry for your loss. I guess I get why people believe in God/Heaven all that. Death is so finite and cruel, and we need a happier story to deal with the heavy sadism of it all. I remember looking into my dad's eyes after he died- it was so vacant and creepy- like he desperately wanted to go back into his body but he couldn't. Ever again.

It was more sadistic and gritty and real than anything I saw on TV- even shows trying to be that way never really encapsulated the grim serious ness of it. So people naturally are like 'well that person is Heaven now' - but all they really want to do is just jump in their body again and be a person again and be with their loved ones- but they can't, and it's just sadistic and fucked up and wrong.

Sorry I'm being morbid lol. I wish I could believe in God and Heaven sometimes maybe but I just can't. My brain can't work that way I like proof and crap despite being an IEI that likes fantasy magic shows designed for teenage girls. I don't know how Deltas do it- they are so dreary and Fi and plain compared to me yet they are so more into religion and Heaven as well.

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been watching some cooking videos lately and learning. I really like Barefoot Contessa/Ina Garten, she makes it relaxing and has good aesthetics but her recipes aren't that great. Martha stewart on the other hand has the best recipes, everything I've made has come out A++

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For some weird reason I've grown to really like Martha Stewart. Yeah she got in trouble for doing shady crap with her business or something- but from my Te polr perspective all businesses are shady and narc lol.

Plus she's friends with Snoop and I think that's so cool. Yeah it could easily be a 'look at my black friends, aren't they so adorable!' thing but to be honest I don't think it comes off that way at all with her... idk why, YMMV with that one but to me it doesn't.