Thread: Questions about subtypes (2 subtype system)

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Questions about subtypes (2 subtype system)

1. How do you think the 2 subtypes differ? Is the base subtype more wise and emotionally intelligent? Is the creative subtype more knowledgeable and intellectual?

2. Do you sometimes prefer relationships with people of the opposite subtype? For example, can there be benefits to working relationships with people of a different subtype to you? Can these relationships be more fun or affectionate or interesting?

3. Do you have friends who are a different subtype to you?

4. Do you prefer particular subtypes for different ITR?

5. Do you think subtype has a strong impact on the success of a relationship? (friendship, colleagues, romantic). Does the strength of the subtype make a difference? Or is it something else that helps people to people get on? (such as having a high level of maturity or similarity to each other in intelligence and values).

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Creative subtype tends to be more balanced. Lead subtype's mobilizing function, in my opinion, may go haywire believing itself to be more beneficial than it really is. For example, LII-Ti will embrace their Si & expect others to conform to the rigid standards set by it.

2. With opposite subtype, wisdom helps If one interacts with a complimentary subtype, impulsiveness may work but with opposite subtype, impulsiveness may suck for the dyad.

3. Yeah

4. Yeah, at a job for example, folk with different perspectives make things awesome. For intimacy relations though, that's an individual choice

5. Yeah, cause the impulse is to be who you are. If a dyad isn't "perfectly" compatible, one person's instinct is to dual seek to fulfill the "proper" psychological urge. Basically meaning, a strong Ti function will then seek out strong, compatible Fe for its balance. But yeah, qualities & common ground are legit. People make mistakes but foolishness fuckin' sucks, man

Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

subtypes is one of baseless heresies
    identify types correctly and think about different _other_ traits which influence on behavior and relations
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. When I take the sociotype test my result is base subtype(+2) which I view as imbalance of functions or a fixation in myself to let go of.

2, 3. Recently I've grown closer to two people who may be Si subtype, but it's impossible for me to determine their function emphasis from outside.
    The main thing I've noticed is that they remove tension or discomfort from my life, effortlessly, because that is their personal philosophy. One offered me a tin of matcha powder because I mentioned in passing that I am determined to stop drinking coffee. Last time I tried I quit abruptly and the intensity of withdrawal took me by surprise.

Other example. I had an appointment to attend and without articulating worry my friend offered to accompany me to the appointment or meet up with me straight after, and they meant it.

Te overemphasis would be more like my dad. To remove tension from my life, he will instruct: "reduce your coffee intake gradually, by a 1/4cup each day" or "if you get your bloodtest before the weekend you will have your results by Monday - if you don't, you may have to wait longer, so its in your interest to go as soon as possible"

4. I would think 0 subtype easiest to get along with when your own functions are not balanced, because they set a positive example.

5. As I see it, attachment style seems more important in determining longevity of a relationship. Probably something like tolerance, viewing a disagreement as an opportunity to extend yourself and not a marker of the end.

I don't know anymore whether I strive to form a long term relationship with a person of particular type/subtype. The most important thing is that we view each other as well-intentioned.
    Last edited by thistle; 06-20-2021 at 11:05 PM. Reason: poor word choice

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    1. How do you think the 2 subtypes differ? Is the base subtype more wise and emotionally intelligent? Is the creative subtype more knowledgeable and intellectual?

5. Do you think subtype has a strong impact on the success of a relationship? (friendship, colleagues, romantic). Does the strength of the subtype make a difference? Or is it something else that helps people to people get on? (such as having a high level of maturity or similarity to each other in intelligence and values).
    The difference is that one spends too much processing time on either input (information acquisition) or output (rationalization). Subtype is an imbalance from the ideal of 50-50 I/O but there's no significant imbalance until one set of processes occupies more than two-thirds of the available processing time; less than that, one isn't likely a subtype although some tests say so when one is a percentage point one way or the other. Imbalance implies inefficiencies in a majority of cognitive situations although effectiveness may improve on a small subset of tasks. Imbalances present handicaps for most relationships and bigger imbalances cause greater difficulties - and handicaps do not cancel each other out. Duals that both qualify as subtypes will have difficulty regardless of what subtype combination they are. To predict that two particular subtypes would make a better partnership would be somewhat like saying that two individuals each with a weak leg would make a better team for a physical task than if one partner had only a weak arm or if one partner was totally fit.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    The difference is that one spends too much processing time on either input (information acquisition) or output (rationalization). Subtype is an imbalance from the ideal of 50-50 I/O but there's no significant imbalance until one set of processes occupies more than two-thirds of the available processing time; less than that, one isn't likely a subtype although some tests say so when one is a percentage point one way or the other. Imbalance implies inefficiencies in a majority of cognitive situations although effectiveness may improve on a small subset of tasks. Imbalances present handicaps for most relationships and bigger imbalances cause greater difficulties - and handicaps do not cancel each other out. Duals that both qualify as subtypes will have difficulty regardless of what subtype combination they are. To predict that two particular subtypes would make a better partnership would be somewhat like saying that two individuals each with a weak leg would make a better team for a physical task than if one partner had only a weak arm or if one partner was totally fit.

a.k.a. I/O
    Interesting. Thank you

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI-Fe... feels more outgoing than me , more nicer in ways. But also more dense maybe. Less caring when somebody is like pulling a power play for more power. They seem to fit in better with 'Karen Society.' They care more about the emotional atmosphere than I do, they feel more 'upbeat' and truly gay.

idk why but when I think of IEI-Fe I think of a stereotypical gay man that wants to cut ur hair with a pair of scissors while stroking ur hair gently and saying nice things to you and being like Starfall Normie At a Salon.

They are kind of even physically affectionate in ways that make me feel kind of creepy. Like the stereotype that IEIs 'touch their interlocutors hand' when talking to others must have came from IEI-Fe cuz I would never ever do that lol.

I'd find them kind of creepy and inappropriate tbh unless they were really hot and hunky. I think I'd accept IEI-Fe female way more than the males usually. IEI-Fe reminds me of a lot of girls who do those soothing ASMR video things?

They feel much more Si as well- like we both supposedly have 2D Si but their Si feels better and natural, and they use it much more often. I think people need to add more Ti modifiers to the dimensional thing anyway, it's too bland and blah to me. Can a T type please do that? Thank you.

Tbh, I've been wondering about how stable subtypes might be. Maybe I'm just unstable.
    I was thinking on the many times I took a single test over time and mostly got the same type with differing subtypes. I've seen 0,1, and 2 on both side. I don't see myself as having a set subtype's what I mean, tho I think some people somewhat do.
    I'm more one to think a pronounced subtype is bad news no matter where it leans, it's closer to a painful adaptation imo.
    What do they look like? Too much, stuck in a certain way/mentality, less flexible.
    I guess there's a difference between having a subtype and living a life or being in a setting where one ego function is more required than the other. There's a lot of context to consider.

Considering IR, well, my most used function's Fe, like most peeps where I live, and it's not in my ego so idk. Cultural phenomenons can mess up IR for those whose ego functions aren't part of the culture.

Banned
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iím not sure what subtype I am since I donít have many EIIs around me to compare to plus psych dxs are anothe confounding variable because I relate to Ne sub character but I donít relate to the appearance. I think? Itís like who would I be were I not depressed/had a serious dx? I donít know

but i do think my childhood best friend - the only person Iíve ever considered a best friend - may be an EII-Ne. I never felt any lack of Fi from her, it was very clear and we got along really well and easily.

i suspect the variability within type is more nuanced such than even two 1Fi or 1Ne or whatever subs will not be the same. And this is dynamic too I think, it can somewhat change over time.

so in the end some duals and identical click and some may not (as easily)

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Filatova’s book it says that introverts with base subtype will seem more introverted than those with creative subtype. And extroverts with base subtype will seem more more extroverted than those with creative.
    Last edited by Bethany; 07-17-2021 at 06:35 PM.