Thread: Which other socionics type do resemble most?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which other socionics type do resemble most?

Which other socionics type, besides yours, do you resemble most? Or, which other socionics type can you comfortably or uncomfortably impersonate best? For the rec, I don't mean subtype (DCNH or otherwise). If you're ESI-Fi don't say you can resemble ESI-Se, for example.

Banned
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE when I'm being forceful

EIE when I get dramatic-y

IEI when I bum around (lol)

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    SLE when I'm being forceful

EIE when I get dramatic-y

IEI when I bum around (lol)
    You're LSI. Interesting. For anyone who replies it would be awesome if you could mentioned your actual socionics type

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I type myself LII. I think I can resemble an ILE when I'm in a good mood. I'm not sure of any other type I might particularly resemble.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m EII. I think generally I can come off like an SEI. I sometimes resemble LII-Ne and EIE-Fe when anxious.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    I’m EII. I think generally I can come off like an SEI. I sometimes resemble LII-Ne and EIE-Fe when anxious.
    How would you say LIIs and EIIs come off differently? I’m curious how you feel being anxious makes you more LII-like.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See. My subconscious.

It manifests as endlessly analyzing relationships from say, tv shows- facial expressions and little nuances during character interactions.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or, which other socionics type can you comfortably or uncomfortably impersonate best?
    Is this even possible?

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    How would you say LIIs and EIIs come off differently? I’m curious how you feel being anxious makes you more LII-like.
    When slightly anxious I use more Fe; when very anxious, I attempt to completely shut down my Fe and only portray my Ti role.

LIIs generally exude a more chill vibe. I have yet to meet a truly neurotic LII. EIIs often give off more nervous energy, and only periodically come off cool (likely when stressed).

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think I can appear to be an SLE-Ti sometimes. I’ve had very little trouble attracting some, but not all, IEIs before. Maybe the ones who like me are merely confused.

To a lesser extent, I might appear to be an LSE-Te, because an EII has been interested in me. I’m also heavy on Te and light on Ni.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-18-2021 at 04:18 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No clue which ones I resemble the most other than SEI. I feel like I could impersonate any of them.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think I can appear to be an SLE-Ti sometimes. I’ve had very little trouble attracting IEIs before.

To a lesser extent, I might appear to be an LSE-Te, because an EII has been interested in me.
    This one got me because my LIE-Te in law is pretty much you in female form and she always reminded me of my old SLE-Ti best friend.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright hopefully the image works.
    types in order of left to right: ILE LII SEI ESE SLE LSI IEI EIE SEE ESI ILI LIE IEE EII SLI LSE

Took test by talanov, 584 questions, gave this neat graph. Highest type I got was ILE, next was IEE, then LIE and SLE about tied. Bascially high Ne, somewhat higher Se, and LIE, for seemingly no one concrete reason.
    Attached Images Attached Images

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This one got me because my LIE-Te in law is pretty much you in female form and she always reminded me of my old SLE-Ti best friend.
    Please send her my sincere sympathies.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please send her my sincere sympathies.
    I’m sure she’ll appreciate it and then get mad I’ve been talking about her on here.

Seriously, the two of you think exactly alike. Reading your posts is like hearing her speak. She’s an LIE-Te 8w7, except I’m pretty sure she’s got sp somewhere in her instinctual stacking. Even the aesthetic in your profile picture is the same as hers. I’m going to have a field day if I find out her youngest child is in fact an SLI-Te (already suspected).

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post

alright hopefully the image works.
    types in order of left to right: ILE LII SEI ESE SLE LSI IEI EIE SEE ESI ILI LIE IEE EII SLI LSE

Took test by talanov, 584 questions, gave this neat graph. Highest type I got was ILE, next was IEE, then LIE and SLE about tied. Bascially high Ne, somewhat higher Se, and LIE, for seemingly no one concrete reason.
    How anyone can take a test and get normal answers is beyond me... Some of the questions they ask are just...

Let the will to power grow and triumph! Let all the weak and ugly die!

The best way to stimulate people for high-quality work is to fine them and deduct from their wages.

I'm sure there are some people who agree with these statements but what the heck lol... Especially the last one, who in their right mind reads that and thinks, yep good business idea? Not even the stingiest gamma would think that is an awesome idea.

Of course all the Si questions are so stereotypical that I get this result:

EIE IEI IEE SEE ILE LIE EII ESE SEI SLE LII ESI LSI LSE SLI

hmm nothing strange about this result...

(This is only the 160 question test, I couldn't find the 584 question test but after these results I don't think its worth the time. Still if you could link it @Baqer , I would like to see what hilarious results I will end up with.)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to reality however I would say IXFp based on other people's perceptions.

EXE maybe if I am acting super wild for the sake of the Fe atmosphere but most times I seem IP.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I'm IEI-Fe for reference)

According to Poptart's comment on my picture I look like EII a bit. I think I might act pretty similar to them depending on the circumstance you catch me in, but I feel the illusion would break pretty quick most of the time since I think my pull to Se is pretty strong (I love aggressive music, competitive gaming, extreme sports, weapons, martial arts, and action/adventure media). I think I'm pretty stereotypically beta most of the time. In social situations I think it'd be easy to mistake me for an EIE if no one else was attempting to dominate conversation. I don't take over if there's another strong personality who already has control, but if there's a power vacuum I feel like I have to fill it in order to keep the energy up. It's mostly out of irritation though, not me wanting to control things. I just like someone to be keeping the mood high and will take on that role if no one else does. Other than those types I've had people guess I was SEI before, but I feel like that was just them not understanding the difference between Ni and Si. I don't think I appear to be Si at all really

So I guess EII, EIE, and SEI are the types people think I appear to be most often

EDIT: I personally feel that I could best impersonate an EIE btw
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am IEI. I think I probably resemble IEE or ESE. My mum is ESE..

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've sometimes been confused with SLI, both by people into socionics and by real life people (especially IEEs). On this forum I've been typed LSI as well, but if I had to choose the second closest type I think SLI resembles me more superficially (hobbies, "irrational ST" behavior) even if the IE values are inverted.
    Years ago when first encountering MBTI I typed as ENTP, but I've never considered ILE nor has anyone thought I was one. My dad is an actual ILE and the difference in the base function is clear as day while the creative is the same.

Here's the Talanov test I did once for fun, I wouldn't take it very seriously but the IE strength profile is interesting how it agrees with Gulenko's Model G and the dimensionality theory in how the demo Te is actually stronger than the creative Ti.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI super-ego
    SLI kindred
    ESE mirror
    LII activator
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SLE-C 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If not SLE, those people at Sedecology typed me either LSI or EIE.

LSI is when I write on typology forums. However, when people get to know me in person and even in Discord Voicechat, people realized that my Fe is higher than 1D. In fact, people would even considered EIE on first impression yet once they get to know me, they could tell that I'm Fi PoLR and considered too insensitive to be an EIE.
    Last edited by Tim; 06-18-2021 at 03:23 PM.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of the introverted ethical types.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si-SLI: quiet, simple, aloof, find ILEs fairly likeable from a distance

Ne-IEE: whimsical, clumsy, dilettante with lots of different interests/hobbies, superficially poor Si when it comes to cooking and tidiness, “corny”

I’m Fi-ESI
    Last edited by Averroes; 06-18-2021 at 01:56 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I’m sure she’ll appreciate it and then get mad I’ve been talking about her on here.

Seriously, the two of you think exactly alike. Reading your posts is like hearing her speak. She’s an LIE-Te 8w7, except I’m pretty sure she’s got sp somewhere in her instinctual stacking. Even the aesthetic in your profile picture is the same as hers. I’m going to have a field day if I find out her youngest child is in fact an SLI-Te (already suspected).
    @PinKDiGiT18, what type did she marry? And what type are her kids?

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@PinKDiGiT18, what type did she marry? And what type are her kids?
    She married an LIE-Ni. Their oldest is ESI-Se, and the younger I haven't been able to figure out, but has some features of SLI-Te relatives; also have considered LSI. The ESI can do no wrong in her eyes; the youngest butts heads with her all the time.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I superficially resemble LII and ILI to a remarkable degree, but that is in part probably because I am autistic and autism often seems to be confused with 1D Fe. My Fe can manifest in strange ways sometimes but it is still Fe in essence. I think someone experienced with socionics could see past that, but it certainly made typing myself difficult. Circumstantially, I think I more or less may appear as any of my other quadra members or even base Si types to a small degree.

With all of that said, I suppose I could be mistyped, but I made an honest attempt to be as thorough and exacting in typing myself as I could manage. Sometimes I still try to question my own typing just as an exercise in continuing that honest attempt. Nobody has ever told me I seem particularly IEI, but nobody has ever told me I seem too much like any other type either. If I am mistyped, I’d say the answer to this question would be IEI.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I've sometimes been confused with SLI, both by people into socionics and by real life people (especially IEEs). On this forum I've been typed LSI as well, but if I had to choose the second closest type I think SLI resembles me more superficially (hobbies, "irrational ST" behavior) even if the IE values are inverted.
    Years ago when first encountering MBTI I typed as ENTP, but I've never considered ILE nor has anyone thought I was one. My dad is an actual ILE and the difference in the base function is clear as day while the creative is the same.

Here's the Talanov test I did once for fun, I wouldn't take it very seriously but the IE strength profile is interesting how it agrees with Gulenko's Model G and the dimensionality theory in how the demo Te is actually stronger than the creative Ti.

Yep. I could have easily mistaken my old SLE best friend for SLI. I actually did mistype her as LSE at one point. She was SLE-Ti, but her Ti was so strong she just looked like a laid-back rational.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Um in person you can really tell that I am INFj lol
    I’m thin frail, few surface emotions. I can be cynical and I am often very much a “protector”
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

N bases, likely. It depends where I am.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

When slightly anxious I use more Fe; when very anxious, I attempt to completely shut down my Fe and only portray my Ti role.

LIIs generally exude a more chill vibe. I have yet to meet a truly neurotic LII. EIIs often give off more nervous energy, and only periodically come off cool (likely when stressed).
    I think LII can be louder than me especially at work with louder laughter
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at close range, IEE extinguishment
    at mid range, SEI business
    at far range, ILI kindred

I can best impersonate IEE during periods of high energy, when there's a gap in energy, or around Si bases. I become unusually scatterbrained, irregular, and almost impulsive, in a way that deep down unnerves me. Strangely enough I've never considered myself to resemble EIE.
    SEI when I'm more lowkey and Fe is on in the background. ILI happens more as a byproduct of when I'm unintentionally aloof, but talk to me uninterrupted for more than 3 minutes and it'll nudge Fe out.
    Last edited by persimmonism; 06-18-2021 at 06:29 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post

Model G theorizes type using energy. The lead, the creative, the demonstrative & the dual-seeking tend to have grips of energy. Even if the DS isn't strong, a person has energy to use it. So, in theory, a you might resemble any other type which has your lead, creative, demo or DS in it's ego.

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    Is this even possible?
    Theoretically, yeah

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes, I behave like an ILE. I am very intellectually focused and motivated.

When I am in my “tunnel vision” mode, I can act like a beta ST. I think about how my accomplishments are going to develop in 5, 10, and 20 years. I worry a lot about the future.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    How anyone can take a test and get normal answers is beyond me... Some of the questions they ask are just...

Let the will to power grow and triumph! Let all the weak and ugly die!

The best way to stimulate people for high-quality work is to fine them and deduct from their wages.

I'm sure there are some people who agree with these statements but what the heck lol... Especially the last one, who in their right mind reads that and thinks, yep good business idea? Not even the stingiest gamma would think that is an awesome idea.

Of course all the Si questions are so stereotypical that I get this result:

EIE IEI IEE SEE ILE LIE EII ESE SEI SLE LII ESI LSI LSE SLI

hmm nothing strange about this result...

(This is only the 160 question test, I couldn't find the 584 question test but after these results I don't think its worth the time. Still if you could link it @Baqer , I would like to see what hilarious results I will end up with.)
    The 584 question one only stays up for around a month and a half before they take the rest of the month to update it so that they can weed out dumb questions like that(though i will say the fact there were multiple questions about lard make me hope that they only use some of the questions for typing and the rest for extrapolating random facts). The one you took(might) be ripped from one of the older tests, or something made by another guy instead of Talanov. Either way I'll send it to you when it comes out in July.

TIM
    ISFp (SEI) 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's say those of you who are right about me being a IEI, then I most definitely resemble a SEI. Or vice versa, if I am actually a SEI.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta NFs these days. It seems I perceive those types as somewhat of an ideal, so I have leaned that way. Not sure how, maybe because I'm trying to fix unresolved emotional issues, so I'm like "my fefes" and I've been thinking of potential, I like the idea of potential a lot.
    IEI, before when I was reflecting on death. Kinda cheery + death talk = IEI I guess.
    EIE when I break apart, I lose north and appear dramatic but I'm just thoroughly tormented. Usualy alone at home.
    Ej in the way I walk with a purpose, even if I'm just taking a leisurely stroll, lol. It gets on my nerves tbh.
    Ne when I go full stupid. Sorry Ne folks, I can only Ne to say the stupidest most nonsensical bullshit.
    Hm... I think that's it.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know

People say I'm very rational, my sister mbti typed me INTJ by answering the questions as if she was me. So I guess ILI, ILE, LII. But it's just a guess, and completely worthless
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    Delta NFs these days. It seems I perceive those types as somewhat of an ideal, so I have leaned that way. Not sure how, maybe because I'm trying to fix unresolved emotional issues, so I'm like "my fefes" and I've been thinking of potential, I like the idea of potential a lot.
    IEI, before when I was reflecting on death. Kinda cheery + death talk = IEI I guess.
    EIE when I break apart, I lose north and appear dramatic but I'm just thoroughly tormented. Usualy alone at home.
    Ej in the way I walk with a purpose, even if I'm just taking a leisurely stroll, lol. It gets on my nerves tbh.
    Ne when I go full stupid. Sorry Ne folks, I can only Ne to say the stupidest most nonsensical bullshit.
    Hm... I think that's it.
    Ne seems to be "the cat's meow" psychologically these days. If one is to write in journalism, pen a script or entertain on any way, Ne is the default approach that society accepts. In other words, if you're an Se valuer you may as well not write shit. I hated college English partially for this reason. I mean Ne is ok but the Se style of communication ain't horse piss

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Ne seems to be "the cat's meow" psychologically these days. If one is to write in journalism, pen a script or entertain on any way, Ne is the default approach that society accepts. In other words, if you're an Se valuer you may as well not write shit. I hated college English partially for this reason. I mean Ne is ok but the Se style of communication ain't horse piss
    Hm, interesting.
    I'd say Ne, Fe, and Fi are pretty big in wrtting here. There's the moralizing part, some very too-happy-for-me stuff, and the more creative stories. I agree, Ni and Se aren't flavor of the moment it seems.
    We are big on humor, mostly the Ne brand but a little of everthing too, so we have choice at least. Talk shows are Fe asf, even one animator guy I think might be SEE or IEE is just Fe-ing like his life depends of it. Kinda does, lol. His job at least.
    We don't speak english here tho so I gotta trust you about the english part.
    I can't recall much Se writtings beside some Henry Miller, generaly typed SLE, and it's not popular. I read Anaïs Nin, who's supposed to be IEI, a little more acceptable.
    Somedays, I think of looking into getting published some of the stuff I write, but lord is it indigest compared to what we see around. Only a nutcase would dare.