Thread: More Mean, Religious Right or Far Left?

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default More Mean, Religious Right or Far Left?

Interesting video, unique viewpoint from unique life experiences. It's just 12 min., and in the first 2-3 min. you see the unique places they are coming from. I definitely agree with their opinion about the title statement.

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you have enough time in your days to watch all these videos??

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The issue with religions is that believers aren't actually at peace with their beliefs. They have to try and force the crap they "believe" in into everybody's throat. You are a good example of that.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YXPR View Post
    The issue with religions is that believers aren't actually at peace with their beliefs. They have to try and force the crap they "believe" in into everybody's throat. You are a good example of that.

Well, to be fair, I do it, too. I think we all would like to be able to explain ourselves to others, and to have them agree with us.

My feelings about beliefs are that they usually come to us from others and we don't always examine them very well. Well, who has the time to investigate every little belief?

I think it's good to keep an open mind and to remember that people often believe things for a reason. That reason might not make any sense to other people, but it usually makes sense to the believer.

For example, I don't believe that gravity is a fundamental force, but then, I also realize that I could be completely wrong in this belief.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-17-2021 at 02:52 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YXPR View Post
    I don’t see how that follows. You can be completely at peace with a belief that others need fo be part of your church or die, for instance. That’s not necessarily rooted in any insecurity.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried watching that but gave up after 7 seconds. What exactly are they comparing ----- revolutionary wars vs. holy wars?