Thread: Justice - Which Function?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Justice - Which Function?

Which types have the deepest sense of justice? Which types see someone being wronged and think something should be done about it - maybe in poetic fashion? Which types uphold the law?

OTOH, which types have no sense of justice at all?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My sense of justice is very Se. Most "real world" justice is a Te/Fi thing really. "The System" and Government/law is largely a Te/Fi thing. To Te/Fi, almost everything Fe/Ti is abusive, immoral or illegal.

Fe is especially heinous that's why I like it.

I don't think there's too many people with no concept of justice whatsoever, but my SLE dual would always say things like 'eye for an eye makes the whole world blind' and things like that, and he believed in being more forgiving and letting things go more than a lot of people I've met- I couldn't really say he was a 'good' person himself though, but who really is? If he saw something unjust happened though, he would use Se to stop it in the immediate moment. "Throwing the book" at somebody or using a joyless official-type person against the individual is more of a Te/Fi strategy I think.

I like justice when it's necessary. Like when I first found out about that guy that molested his stepdaughters and then set the entire house on fire- my immediate thought was 'well just kill him.' There is probably this misconception certain people have that Fe/Ti valuers have no morals/justice or no sense of morality- I only think it appears that way because if you don't value Te/Fi you are going to stand up/be against to more institutional/"official" authority.

Justice isn't pretty though. I'd rather things be pretty- so I don't get involved in justice much I suppose. If you're going to use it, you should at least realize that doing so makes you a cunt because 'stopping a bad guy' often results in being a bigger jerk yourself really as it's a dog eat dog world. That's just the way it naturally is.

As for what types are attracted to authority/positions to enforce that authority- I say this is something both aristocratic quadras get involved with a lot (Beta & Delta). I don't really like authority too much, but I seem to always get it anyway myself so I think subconsciously I'm pretty power-seeking. To be honest, I want to be the one with the power and think I know best and would clash/compete too much with other people who also think the same thing lol. I really do think Alphas and Gammas are generally more chill in this regard, with the exception of some ILEs maybe.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Justice: gamma Te

or maybe it is finding the compromise between ethics and logic too

you can be too heartless (logic), or too lenient (ethics)

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure, but I don't think it's any of my valued functions lol

At least not official justice that is. I don't really feel any satisfaction at seeing justice served officially. Not that I don't think it's a good thing when official justice happens, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm only saying that I don't *feel* anything positive towards official justice. I do, however, feel immense satisfaction at seeing some jerk eat a good solid fist at a bar though. That's enjoyable for me. I suspect this has to do with Te PoLR and Se Dual Seeking. To that end I think you could see Te and Se both as types of justice. Te is the more systemic legal justice, and Se is the jerk finally getting his ass kicked sort.

If anything, official justice more often generates negative feelings for me. Most of the time I feel it's either too little, or way too much, or else too completely disconnected from the initial wrong itself to matter anymore. This could just be me being an American though. Our justice system is pretty awful
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I value Justice over mercy. You want things to mean something, to configure with real power and the tides of the future beckoning you to prove your mastery.

Mercy is for the weak. There can be no compromise, no way out, no pathetic excuse. You become bad-ass by taking on the tempest-winds of the devil and the true imperial darkness at full Strength!!*
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    I'm not sure, but I don't think it's any of my valued functions lol

At least not official justice that is. I don't really feel any satisfaction at seeing justice served officially. Not that I don't think it's a good thing when official justice happens, that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm only saying that I don't *feel* anything positive towards official justice. I do, however, feel immense satisfaction at seeing some jerk eat a good solid fist at a bar though. That's enjoyable for me. I suspect this has to do with Te PoLR and Se Dual Seeking. To that end I think you could see Te and Se both as types of justice. Te is the more systemic legal justice, and Se is the jerk finally getting his ass kicked sort.

If anything, official justice more often generates negative feelings for me. Most of the time I feel it's either too little, or way too much, or else too completely disconnected from the initial wrong itself to matter anymore. This could just be me being an American though. Our justice system is pretty awful
    I think of the "Taken" movie series with Liam Neeson. Maybe he is LSE to you, but what I saw there is justice to me in the deepest sense of the word...

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@jason_m I haven't seen Taken, so I don't know. My impression though is that it represents Se justice which I was saying I do like. Doesn't he like go after the kidnappers and shoot a bunch of people up or something? When I was saying I don't care about Te justice I was imagining courtrooms and prisons and boring stuff like that. I'm always down to see a bunch of bad guys get hunted by a human superweapon lol
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    @jason_m I haven't seen Taken, so I don't know. My impression though is that it represents Se justice which I was saying I do like. Doesn't he like go after the kidnappers and shoot a bunch of people up or something? When I was saying I don't care about Te justice I was imagining courtrooms and prisons and boring stuff like that. I'm always down to see a bunch of bad guys get hunted by a human superweapon lol
    Yes, that's exactly it...