TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 3-year-old boy's prayer for Pre-K class goes viral

This boy!

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

``The uploader has not made this video available in your country.``

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    A black kid leads a slurred prayer in school thanking God for the class' lunch, asking that God "make it nourishment to our bodies," and requesting that God feed other kids.

Eliza, I'm not sure I understand why you posted this.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With White evangelical Christians becoming a smaller share of the American population, will the Republican party be forced to turn to Black and Latino voters?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    A black kid leads a slurred prayer in school thanking God for the class' lunch, asking that God "make it nourishment to our bodies," and requesting that God feed other kids.

I think it’s a cute video

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With White evangelical Christians becoming a smaller share of the American population, will the Republican party be forced to turn to Black and Latino voters?
    No just voter suppression tactics and gerrymandering.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Very funny. Would H!tler marry a Jewess?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Very funny. Would H!tler marry a Jewess?
    Many Latinos already vote Republican, and the party’s already quietly dropped racism as a platform, if you haven’t noticed. The Democrats do nothing for most black people, partly because they’ve been a guaranteed voting base, and why do anything for someone whose votes you don’t want to win? The current Democratic President is a goddamned segregationist; at least Republicans know better than to run someone like that. The Vice President made her career by locking up mostly minorities.

I used to live in Memphis, where a similar history already played out. Up until the 50s or 60s, the Democrats were the party of racism against minorities, which, incidentally, should tell you something about how quickly the parties can change on this kind of issue. But in Memphis during the 20s through the 40s, most of the black vote went to Democrats, because the Democratic boss of the city, E.H. Crump, extended patronage to black community leaders, who in turn told their supporters to vote Democrat. Eventually some more politically oriented blacks began to realize Crump wasn’t doing anything for them, just bribing influential people for their support, and tried to make an alliance with the Republicans to break Crump’s power. The leading figure in this, Robert Church Jr., was driven from the city; his family mansion was seized by the city (which was informally controlled by Crump) and burned as a firefighting drill in retaliation. But for a brief period, the black vote became Republican again as Crump’s power waned, until the national party adopted the southern strategy, and it flipped back to Democrat.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FreelancePoliceman Biden is not a segregationist.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    @FreelancePoliceman Biden is not a segregationist.
    Interesting article from NBC on this.

Another article: 5 segregationists Joe Biden praised before he was woke

The media perception around this cretin is extremely surreal. The man has been a racist conservative Democrat all his life, but he runs against Trump and suddenly he’s the “most progressive President since FDR” (yeah lol, we’ll see how much of that pans out) and everyone just fucking pretends he’s not a racist conservative pedophile who gropes children and who has dementia who bragged about writing the patriot act and voted for the iraq war, because at least he’s not orange cheeto Drumpf...or rather because state control of media is comparable to that of the USSR. And conservative media does the same thing by calling him a communist.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 06-18-2021 at 03:55 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The media perception around this cretin is extremely surreal. The man has been a racist conservative Democrat all his life, but he runs against Trump and suddenly he’s the “most progressive President since FDR” (yeah lol, we’ll see how much of that pans out) and everyone just fucking pretends he’s not a racist conservative pedophile who gropes children and who has dementia who bragged about writing the patriot act and voted for the iraq war, because at least he’s not orange cheeto Drumpf...or rather because state control of media is comparable to that of the USSR. And conservative media does the same thing by calling him a communist,

Of course, there were many pictures like this of Trump: https://www.axios.com/juneteenth-his...cb4533282.html

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course, there were many pictures like this of Trump: https://www.axios.com/juneteenth-his...cb4533282.html
    But Trump!

What are you talking about? Biden surrounded by suited parasites who happen to be black? Yeah, the mob calling itself the Democratic Party has allied itself with the black contingent of the establishment. Everyone knows this and knows how this works.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The media perception around this cretin is extremely surreal. The man has been a racist conservative Democrat all his life, but he runs against Trump and suddenly he’s the “most progressive President since FDR” (yeah lol, we’ll see how much of that pans out) and everyone just fucking pretends he’s not a racist conservative pedophile who gropes children and who has dementia who bragged about writing the patriot act and voted for the iraq war, because at least he’s not orange cheeto Drumpf...or rather because state control of media is comparable to that of the USSR. And conservative media does the same thing by calling him a communist.
    He’s not a segregationist.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Trump openly catered to white supremacists and racists

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He’s not a segregationist.
    Based on what? His TV image?

His TV image shows him groping children, by the way, if that’ll convince you he’s a cretin.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what? His TV image?

His TV image shows him groping children, by the way, if that’ll convince you he’s a cretin.
    He did not. Plus that video has obviously been edited.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Trump openly catered to white supremacists and racists
    Jesus, Biden openly was a racist, didn’t just “cater to” racists whatever that means, and all you can say is “what about Trump?” Why are Americans like this, lol. “My team is good because yours is bad.” Every American President since at least FDR (and I’d argue including FDR) has been a massive piece of shit who deserves to burn in hell for their crimes against humanity. None of them are remotely respectable human beings, they got their positions by being crooks, and in a sane world they all ought to be treated and thought of with complete contempt.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus, Biden openly was a racist, didn’t just “cater to” racists whatever that means, and all you can say is “what about Trump?” Why are Americans like this, lol. “My team is good because yours is bad.” Every American President since at least FDR (and I’d argue including FDR/a lot further back) has been a massive piece of shit who deserves to burn in hell for eternity. None of them are remotely respectable human beings and ought to be treated with complete contempt.
    Whatever, if you think Biden is more racist than Trump, then enjoy living a life of delusion.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw, he is adorable! I love it!

And he is VERY well-spoken for a 3 and a half year old. Taking time to wait for responses before he goes on? Pretty darn good! A little leader in the making.

Actually "make it nourishment for our bodies" is an excellent prayer for food these days. Lots of the times the nutrients are not very bio-available. So that prayer sounds good to me.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Aw, he is adorable! I love it!

And he is VERY well-spoken for a 3 and a half year old. Taking time to wait for responses before he goes on? Pretty darn good! A little leader in the making.

Actually "make it nourishment for our bodies" is an excellent prayer for food these days. Lots of the times the nutrients are not very bio-available. So that prayer sounds good to me.
    I find that asking God for natural processes to continue to function results in pretty high rates of success. But God does not seem to answer many prayers for the laws of the universe to be suspended, strangely enough. From what I know of God, I’d guess that the boy’s prayer was answered in that regard, but I suspect that if he’d prayed, for whatever reason, for the food not to be digested after they ate it, God wouldn’t answer that one.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cute 3.5 yr. old little black tike is leading the class in prayer, probably before lunch or snack; he is standing, all three feet of him, while the rest of the class sits patiently,, each line of prayer he leads the class and they repeat in unison. His childish accent is adorable and he speaks with real authority. Just totally cute!

Here is his prayer and they all repeat after each line while he waits before boldly saying the next line of prayer, at the top of his little voice:

Father God -
    We thank you -
    for this food. -
    We ask you to bless it. -
    Make it nourishment -
    to our bodies. -
    Bless ALL the boys and girls -
    all over the world! -
    to receive food -
    in Jesus name -
    Amen! -

link to story on it: https://www.wothappen.com/melting-he...t-users-react/

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that asking God for natural processes to continue to function results in pretty high rates of success. But God does not seem to answer many prayers for the laws of the universe to be suspended, strangely enough. From what I know of God, I’d guess that the boy’s prayer was answered in that regard, but I suspect that if he’d prayed, for whatever reason, for the food not to be digested after they ate it, God wouldn’t answer that one.
    Do you want me to start a thread with links for people witnessing as to how God suspended natural law for them and did a miracle? I can. There are so many stories of miraculous healings. This year I found Sid Roth's "It's Supernatural" on youtube and I like to watch once in a while just to lift my spirits. In the Catholic Church, every Saint canonized needs at least 2 well-certified miracles besides all the other checks, with expert medical testimony. I am sure any doctor can tell you they know of patients unexplainable healed who credit it to God's intervention.

Prophets now, in huge numbers, like nothing I have ever seen in my life, are telling us that we are coming into a time of great spiritual revival, like never seen before, with many, many miracles of healing. There will be so many that no one can miss them, more than in any time in the history of man. So you will see miracles in your lifetime. I believe this is going to happen, because I believe the prophets I am listening to. I have been a Christian all my life, and I have never seen anything like the number and consistency of the messages of the prophets like today. I like to tune into them once in awhile too, to lift my spirits.

And this little boy is thanking God for an every day miracle - food for today. Good for him. Many people don't take it for granted. Like the girl from North Korea I posted earlier. This boy is a dear friend of God, Who loves the little children. He is hearing their prayers, and children of the world are being blessed by them, as they are asking! No prayer is wasted.

______
    I agree, if they prayed for the food NOY to nourish the body, God wouldn't grant that. He is good, and that is not good. (But if you were praying for him to do a not-good thing, you would be praying to some other god, anyway. But I do think it is a good prayer because food is not always excellent nourishment for the body. Lots of overweight people are considered to be "starving" (so they are always hungry). A lot of food has nutrients that are good for you but barely bio-available. Also various dysfunctions in the body can make it not very bio-available (leaky gut syndrome, the need for enzymes, i.e.) So for that reason I personally I think it's a real good prayer.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever, if you think Biden is more racist than Trump, then enjoy living a life of delusion.
    I can see why you think that, but actually it's you that has been deluded. Understandably, though.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman:
    ...His TV image shows him groping children, by the way, if that’ll convince you he’s a cretin.
    He did not. Plus that video has obviously been edited.
    He is disgusting. And the answer is yes, he is a super-predator:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many Latinos already vote Republican, and the party’s already quietly dropped racism as a platform, if you haven’t noticed. The Democrats do nothing for most black people, partly because they’ve been a guaranteed voting base, and why do anything for someone whose votes you don’t want to win?
    @xerx @Adam Strange lots blacks and Latinos are conservative republicans. Might be news to you two guys when the Democratic party has so much hammered your race being identical to your political party:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    @xerx @Adam Strange lots blacks and Latinos are conservative republicans. Might be news to you two guys when the Democratic party has so much hammered your race being identical to your political party:

Yes, I know that lots of blacks and latinos are conservative Republicans. You can see them in this photo. https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...?adppopup=true

And this one: https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...?adppopup=true

And this one: https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/p...?adppopup=true

They just look white because race doesn't really exist.

Herman Cain would have been there, too, but he unfortunately drank the official Kool-Aid.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I know that lots of blacks and latinos are conservative Republicans. You can see them in this photo. https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...?adppopup=true

Herman Cain would have been there, too, but he unfortunately drank the official Kool-Aid.
    Any comments to the black conservative viewpoints in that video, or are you going to dismiss them in yet another white flight to [links]?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another reason you may see a lot of white people in those pictures is because this is, surprisingly, a white-majority country, and Wikipedia lists Michigan's non-hispanic white population at 76% of the population, and New Hampshire's at 92%. I see many darker-skinned people in the third picture. Here is an image of a Trump rally held in Texas, with a large Hispanic population.

Here in Texas there were tons of Hispanic neighborhoods and homes with Trump signs in their yards. This may come as a shock to Democratic partisans, but socially conservative Catholics occasionally vote Republican.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 06-19-2021 at 12:21 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another reason you may see a lot of white people in those pictures is because this is, surprisingly, a white-majority country, and Wikipedia lists Michigan's non-hispanic white population at 82.3% of the population, and New Hampshire's at 97.3%. I see many darker-skinned people in the third picture. Here is an image of a Trump rally held in Texas, with a large Hispanic population.

Here in Texas there were tons of Hispanic neighborhoods and homes with Trump signs in their yards. This may come as a shock to Democratic partisans, but socially conservative Catholics occasionally vote Republican.
    Sure, a lot of non white voters voted for Trump. It’s just that a lot more of them voted for Biden.

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are politics an area of discussion? They all are menial and failing work. If they had merit, they would resolve human affliction that they try, and yet they have not consistently.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karanime View Post
    Why are politics an area of discussion? They all are menial and failing work. If they had merit, they would resolve human affliction that they try, and yet they have not consistently.
    Some of us are interested in politics.

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of us are interested in politics.
    They just are a fruitless idea and hopeless aim, and they defeat the purpose in which they try fulfill.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like with the law, their whole purpose is to enhance life and keep it progressing and alive. And yet it hinders life, causative of discord, opportunity for aggrandizing figures to assert their claim.

Dragons:

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They just are a fruitless idea and hopeless aim, and they defeat the purpose in which they try fulfill.
    Even if that was true, some of us still want to talk about it. Not everyone is apolitical.

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if that was true, some of us still want to talk about it. Not everyone is apolitical.
    Yeah, but if the things the politics teach are untrue, why engage them? I suppose because it is more comfortable for the human who to go with what it has known.

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don’t understand why people find them such an appeal, other than maybe it is what they have gone with their whole life and thus have its familiarity and comfort. And feel a sense of purpose belonging with it. I am a generation Z.. It seems older people are more valuing of politics. They have less do and feel belonging, and they have known such way longer and thus have harder time in a letting go.

Dragons:

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but if the things the politics teach are untrue, why engage them? I suppose because it is more comfortable for the human who to go with what it has known.
    No one is forcing you to participate in this conversation.

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one is forcing you to participate in this conversation.
    I am not saying they are, I just do not understand why people like politics, and am curious. I have asd and sometimes do not word things best, so I probably sounded harsh without meaning.

Dragons:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast