Thread: Who’s more well-rounded generally: intuitives or sensors?

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Who’s more well-rounded generally: intuitives or sensors?

I feel like a lot of se-valuing intuitives are way more well-adjusted and physically gifted than I could ever hope to be, on top of having higher iqs
    Last edited by Averroes; 06-11-2021 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither is. But they have a chance to become well-rounded as they get older.

In my opinion each type sacrifice their youth in a different way, unless they're lucky or have the correct entourage.
    Last edited by BaruchJorgell; 06-11-2021 at 04:52 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

By default sensors are going to be much more well-rounded. I am a bit confused on somebody's own definition of what is 'well-rounded' and what's not- as it can vary. Some people probably think some people are more well rounded just because they have a lot of money and are real world successful. Nobody really cares how 'well rounded' they are or not.

In the purest way I say the most well-rounded type is SEI and the least well-rounded type is LIE. Anyway why I said what I did in the above paragraph- if the LIE stereotypically owns his own business and is very financially successful nobody is going to care much that he's not well-rounded. However if it's an LIE that still lives in his mom's basement and just bullies other IEI because he's really the same as them and hates himself for it- the flaws of his specialized nature will come out to light a lot more. lol

SEI most well rounded type cuz they are the type I think that is so mediative and diplomatic and can do everything a little bit well but not really focus on one area as that I think often requires Te that they lack.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE: Well-rounded.
    SEI: Very well-rounded.
    LII: Not that well-rounded- only well-rounded with nerdy Ti facts- but not much else. Objectively don't come across as very well-rounded as they are too nerdy and aloof.
    ESE: Very well-rounded. Mirror to SEI.

IEI: Not that well-rounded. About 25% well-rounded/75% not.
    SLE: More well-rounded than IEI- but not really that well-rounded either.
    EIE: Well-rounded, most well-rounded Beta.
    LSI: Not that well-rounded, more like a powerful arrow to your chest.

LIE: Least well-rounded type as their Ni + Te zeroes in on what they themselves want and not much else at all.
    ESI: Moderately well-rounded, but just prefers a LIE to teach them how to be more specialized
    SEE: Very well-rounded
    ILI: Well-rounded in their knowledge and how much 'raw data' they accumulate- but objectively and practically not that well-rounded. (like LIIs)

LSE: Not that well-rounded, but can really give off the illusion that they are.
    EII: Not well-rounded much at all.
    SLI: Well-rounded. Much more with deeds than with words. Opposite of LII/ILI in a sense.
    IEE: Very well-rounded, probably 2nd place after SEI.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's not type related.
    Both life happenstances and will to improve matter a lot more.
    Of course, people who have what you don't might seem better but they aren't, they have different advantages and disadvantages.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Logically, dominant intuituves & dominant sensors won't be well rounded

The closer in dimensionality your 2 sensing/Intuitive functions are the more well rounded.

An LII-Ti would have Ne & Si of nearly identical dimensionality.

My theory would apply to all rationals with a rational subtype: ESE-Fe, EII-Fi, LSI-Ti. Just a theory, maybe I'm wrong

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low S realistically causes more problems for individuals than low N. So trouble with low S might be more noticeable, if generalizing all N and all S types.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well rounded
    I figure that was the goal of collaboration of they types. So we are all a piece of the puzzle the key is learning to listen
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO:

Sensors.

There are more Sensors in the world for a reason.

But well rounded Intuitives have the most upper hand.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another way to answer this question is sensors, because ESEs eat the most.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    ILE: Well-rounded.
    SEI: Very well-rounded.
    LII: Not that well-rounded- only well-rounded with nerdy Ti facts- but not much else. Objectively don't come across as very well-rounded as they are too nerdy and aloof.
    ESE: Very well-rounded. Mirror to SEI.

IEI: Not that well-rounded. About 25% well-rounded/75% not.
    SLE: More well-rounded than IEI- but not really that well-rounded either.
    EIE: Well-rounded, most well-rounded Beta.
    LSI: Not that well-rounded, more like a powerful arrow to your chest.

LIE: Least well-rounded type as their Ni + Te zeroes in on what they themselves want and not much else at all.
    ESI: Moderately well-rounded, but just prefers a LIE to teach them how to be more specialized
    SEE: Very well-rounded
    ILI: Well-rounded in their knowledge and how much 'raw data' they accumulate- but objectively and practically not that well-rounded. (like LIIs)

LSE: Not that well-rounded, but can really give off the illusion that they are.
    EII: Not well-rounded much at all.
    SLI: Well-rounded. Much more with deeds than with words. Opposite of LII/ILI in a sense.
    IEE: Very well-rounded, probably 2nd place after SEI.
    I think you said it best. I agree with all of these individual takes, with the exception that I would give credit to LIE as more well rounded than you make them out to be- they are the most successful in our 21st century American society (speaking from an American perspective since you do, too) along with SEE (I would say SEE is actually more successful in general, as much as LIEs will never admit- boohoo! ); they just seem far less competent than they believe themselves to be because of their god awful Fi. Thus, I would place LSE as least well rounded. I think you just feel that way on LIE as they supervise you.

I would place SEI as most well rounded, above IEE, so I do truly understand LIE as least well rounded in that regard (being conflictor types and all).

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most well rounded type is the one who engages in activities or develops skills that make him more competent in a large number of spheres in life.

This thread is similar to asking which types like fanta the most. If you try to pin down the most absurd traits on socionics you are going to be missing on the real explanations.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    The most well rounded type is the one who engages in activities or develops skills that make him more competent in a large number of spheres in life.

This thread is similar to asking which types like fanta the most. If you try to pin down the most absurd traits on socionics you are going to be missing on the real explanations.
    Yeah, you are definitely LIE.
    Last edited by flames; 06-12-2021 at 11:18 AM. Reason: & I’m not being sarcastic either

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No type is inherently well-rounded. Being well-rounded is a result of finding a proper implementation for your ego functions and/or having an environment at some point in your life, either in your formative years or later on, that offers support to your 5th and 6th functions. The most well-rounded individuals I know have either found their ego purpose through adversity, or through support.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@flames

No you're exactly right. I realized I was kinda off about that about five minutes after I posted it. My mediocre-but-valued Ti was looking for some kind of perfect balance thing that probably doesn't exist. Oh well.

I don't care much about socionics these days. I just wanna watch hot guys having gay sex.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may be thinking of Se mobilizing types who tend to have more access to Se. I wouldn't say that Se suggestive types tend to be physically gifted. An interest in being well-rounded typically comes from Ne so types with high Ne will naturally be motivated by that more.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"physically gifted"

doubtful to exist significant correlation with some of Jung types
    IR effects may predispose to perceive some of types more positively and this to mix with your body beauty evaluation

when you have a sympathy to someone, you think about him as more physically attractive and even smarter. it's known from psychology experiments