Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 47

Thread: Alpha quadra’s complex of the closed mouth

  1. #1
    Poptart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    Ignorant mass
    Posts
    1,855
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Alpha quadra’s complex of the closed mouth

    We need to talk about this you guys.

  2. #2
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,462
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I believe the quadral complexes are a theory only of Stratiyevskaya, right?

    I'm not sure how much I accept the quadral complexes -- they seem to me all generally applicable to most people. That being said, I'll try to talk about what I relate to.

    Ever since I was a child I've always felt a strong hatred of being excluded from conversations, especially of a secretive sort. I also hate the feeling of being present but unable to participate, or of being unwelcome. On the other side of the coin, I like to know secrets. Information most people don't have has an exciting allure.

    I generally enjoy talking with people, and feel as if I could keep up a conversation indefinitely, as long as it were interesting. I don't mind casual 1-on-1 conversations at all, but what I love is a group atmosphere where there's a sense of "fun" and casual competitiveness in discussion, by which I mean people try to argue their points, defend them, and attack others' in a struggle to make everyone concede to their own point of view. My mother's family leans Alpha, and family reunions are often like this (and are a lot of fun), so I can see this being an Alpha trait. But I don't at all like it if such an atmosphere turns vicious or hostile toward anyone; it's important that a spirit of playfulness be maintained. Come to think of it, I think what I like is the atmosphere of a game: everyone is free to try as hard as possible to win, but all ultimately for fun. I very much enjoy playing games with other people, on that note, especially ones that rely more on strategy or skill than on luck -- but I don't enjoy playing video games by myself.

    I don't at all like the concept of certain thoughts or expressions being forbidden. I grew up evangelical, and the notion that there were certain thoughts you couldn't think without being worthy of eternal damnation left a really bad taste in my mouth and influenced my leaving Christianity. I hate the feeling that there are certain words or ideas I'm unable to express in certain situations; I try to allow others the same freedom when I'm in such a position as to be able to. I also don't tend to mind topics of conversation being abruptly changed; if suddenly changes the subject my only consideration is that the new subject be interesting.

    I like it when people, even strangers, start conversations out of the blue -- by which I don't mean small talk /asking "how are you," but suddenly launching into their opinions about the weather or what they did last week, and expecting you to engage; I also like atmospheres where this is permitted or encouraged. I think duality is a little overrated, but sometimes ESEs do this, and it's one of my favorite traits of theirs.
    "I use the U. S. Mail because I was never taught any different," she pleaded. "But I'm not your enemy. I don't want to be."

  3. #3
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Might be f'ing wrong on all this. Drunk rn, tbh....


    Ne is ideas, possibilities, it's a truly speculative & communicative (through their chosen media) function. Ne opens doors & overturns rocks to potentially extend these possibilities indefinitely.

    Fe is merry, inviting, enjoys a homeostatic environment where the entire room is in the same sort if emotional circle.

    Si recalls events in fine detail. It feeds Ne the "concrete" data necessary to branch out. It is atmospheric, helping to create the atmosphere Ne prefers for discussion truly thrive.

    Ti classifies, brings about law & understanding. It's a bit of a stabilizer. It rationalizes. In this context, "laws" reign things in then allow coherency

    Alpha is the quadra responsible for fresh ideas for their own merit. If Alpha "shut their mouths", the entire socion would stagnate cause only Alphas truly appreciate the initial process of creativity without morality, subservience or finances holding it down

  4. #4
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEIs tend to be the most closed-mouthed of the bunch especially when they're unsure of the company; they tend to be very defensive among strangers. LIIs tend to be detached sorts and often will remain silent unless they've something meaningful to add but they're not usually shy about speaking their mind even to strangers. Now, there have been more than a few occasions when I've wished that the other two types would just shut-up once in a while.

    a.k.a. I/O

  5. #5
    The Darling Duck~ MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    Posts
    1,600
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Alpha's greatest strength is communication and verbal sparring. The expression of our ideas, idealizations, emotions, and competition to persuade others to our side is extremely important within the group. Words are power and democracy is upheld with it.

    I am pretty timid and I generally like to keep to myself but, I always enjoy throwing out ideas and 'sparing' with others to see why theirs is essentially better. Why do you believe this and how can you back it up in multiple scenarios? Can it hold up? I enjoy is more so when it comes to morality and people personally because I like those topics and I feel the strongest in 'sparing' in those context. I also feel very confident in using emotional expression and persuasion techniques when I need to. It is more harder with strangers but I really get into it when I am comfortable with people and passionate. People have always commented I get very expressive both in my body and words when I am passionate about something.

    In my opinion, I don't think that Alpha's are not afraid to be not 'heard' rather, there is no equal ground when they had the chance to both speak about their ideology and not be considered an 'immoral' person despite having such an ideology. The democracy of ideology comes in here. There also seems to be a detachment from the person and the ideology when it comes to discussing in Alpha spaces in the sense when I argue with Delta, where you are your ideology.

    For example: I had an LSE classmate where we debating our own personal beliefs on how long one should wait to marry someone during the dating phrase. I said I would leave after two years if I didn't have a ring and he got upset and argued that his five was the best. He initially argued me into submission and agree that his five years was superior and felt 'very happy' that he could convince me. His reasoning were valid and factual, I just didn't feel that my ideology was given equal consideration and I was 'bad' for having a different one even though it wasn't a black or white issue. I felt very crappy afterwards and by the end of the night I still agree with my own point. My ideology wasn't fact but his was. I felt like it's a bit of a pecking order when it comes to arguing with Delta's about ideology or anything really.

    I dated an ILE and it was honestly the first time I could argue comfortably. I wasn't pecked down for expressing my views and ideology. We would 'spare' but I didn't feel crappy afterward for expressing a different view even if he or I didn't agree. Even if it was taken too far, there was always a let up and not a dismissal of me as a person. Plus I always liked that I wasn't forced to have the same ideology and didn't feel 'bad' for not having the same one. I am not a 'bad' person for having a different ideology, I just may have the potential of having a 'bad' ideology and may need to question.

    I feel in Alpha spaces you are always allowed to have a chance to argue your ideology however, you are not allowed to force that opinion on others. On a democratic space, you must be able to back up your ideology and convince others and they must agree with you freely. The majority choose to take that ideology forward. Even if you fail to get the majority, you still have a chance to fight another day on equal ground again. Words are power and we should not take that away from others. So the worst thing you can do force our mouths shut. Forcing our mouth shuts and forcing us to obey is the most dis-empowering thing one can do I think.

  6. #6
    Poptart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    Ignorant mass
    Posts
    1,855
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I strongly dislike it when people exclude others from meetings at work. I don’t mean to say that every meeting needs to turn into a company wide meeting, but I do believe that everyone who wants to participate should be welcome. I feel like it’s important to let people lower on the company totem pole speak because they might have information about certain topics, especially because they’re the ones who spend the most time in the weeds. Meetings are important sources of information, so it can be harmful to exclude others when you don’t relay any information to them afterwards.
    Last edited by Poptart; 06-07-2021 at 06:23 PM.

  7. #7
    Poptart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    Ignorant mass
    Posts
    1,855
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The quadra complex articles are my favorite in all of socionics, even if they are “a theory only of Stratiyevskaya”.

  8. #8
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    3,686
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Si recalls events in fine detail. It feeds Ne the "concrete" data necessary to branch out. It is atmospheric, helping to create the atmosphere Ne prefers for discussion truly thrive.
    I have to disagree on this one. Si doesn't "recall" anything. It simply means sensing the finer, deeper sensations that the external world evokes on the inside. And it is not about "events" either.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

    (Jung on Si)

  9. #9
    Poptart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    Ignorant mass
    Posts
    1,855
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    SEIs tend to be the most closed-mouthed of the bunch especially when they're unsure of the company; they tend to be very defensive among strangers. LIIs tend to be detached sorts and often will remain silent unless they've something meaningful to add but they're not usually shy about speaking their mind even to strangers. Now, there have been more than a few occasions when I've wished that the other two types would just shut-up once in a while.

    a.k.a. I/O
    I think it’s kind of silly to say “x type is the most like their quadra, y type is the least like their quadra”. It reminds me of the “most intuitive N type”, “most introverted introvert”, etc. discussions you see in MBTI all of the time. Also, the complex of closed mouth is more complicated than just “alphas are loud”, so boiling it down to the loudest and quietest types of the quadra doesn’t really make sense.

  10. #10
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Alpha's greatest strength is communication and verbal sparring. The expression of our ideas, idealizations, emotions, and competition to persuade others to our side is extremely important within the group. Words are power and democracy is upheld with it.

    I am pretty timid and I generally like to keep to myself but, I always enjoy throwing out ideas and 'sparing' with others to see why theirs is essentially better. Why do you believe this and how can you back it up in multiple scenarios? Can it hold up? I enjoy is more so when it comes to morality and people personally because I like those topics and I feel the strongest in 'sparing' in those context. I also feel very confident in using emotional expression and persuasion techniques when I need to. It is more harder with strangers but I really get into it when I am comfortable with people and passionate. People have always commented I get very expressive both in my body and words when I am passionate about something.

    In my opinion, I don't think that Alpha's are not afraid to be not 'heard' rather, there is no equal ground when they had the chance to both speak about their ideology and not be considered an 'immoral' person despite having such an ideology. The democracy of ideology comes in here. There also seems to be a detachment from the person and the ideology when it comes to discussing in Alpha spaces in the sense when I argue with Delta, where you are your ideology.

    For example: I had an LSE classmate where we debating our own personal beliefs on how long one should wait to marry someone during the dating phrase. I said I would leave after two years if I didn't have a ring and he got upset and argued that his five was the best. He initially argued me into submission and agree that his five years was superior and felt 'very happy' that he could convince me. His reasoning were valid and factual, I just didn't feel that my ideology was given equal consideration and I was 'bad' for having a different one even though it wasn't a black or white issue. I felt very crappy afterwards and by the end of the night I still agree with my own point. My ideology wasn't fact but his was. I felt like it's a bit of a pecking order when it comes to arguing with Delta's about ideology or anything really.

    I dated an ILE and it was honestly the first time I could argue comfortably. I wasn't pecked down for expressing my views and ideology. We would 'spare' but I didn't feel crappy afterward for expressing a different view even if he or I didn't agree. Even if it was taken too far, there was always a let up and not a dismissal of me as a person. Plus I always liked that I wasn't forced to have the same ideology and didn't feel 'bad' for not having the same one. I am not a 'bad' person for having a different ideology, I just may have the potential of having a 'bad' ideology and may need to question.

    I feel in Alpha spaces you are always allowed to have a chance to argue your ideology however, you are not allowed to force that opinion on others. On a democratic space, you must be able to back up your ideology and convince others and they must agree with you freely. The majority choose to take that ideology forward. Even if you fail to get the majority, you still have a chance to fight another day on equal ground again. Words are power and we should not take that away from others. So the worst thing you can do force our mouths shut. Forcing our mouth shuts and forcing us to obey is the most dis-empowering thing one can do I think.
    Your point about Alpha being democratic is valid. They're also judicious, willing to study, plan & explore for optimal argumentation (especially NT Alpha researcher). Willing to bet their SF socialite value system is responsible for the, somewhat, peacemaker attitude Alpha take during debate

    I've seen the alpha/delta argumentation dynamic play out in sports debate. Not ideal. The alpha, with his merry disposition & subjective logic would only accuse others when using incorrect facts. The delta, with his serious disposition & objective logic believed an argument could just be straight up "wrong".

    Alpha willingly go along with any debate with accurate facts. Sports is a decent & popular platform for Alpha to communicate on cause clear facts exist but such facts are also open to interpretation or different ideology.

  11. #11
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    I think it’s kind of silly to say “x type is the most like their quadra, y type is the least like their quadra”. It reminds me of the “most intuitive N type”, “most introverted introvert”, etc. discussions you see in MBTI all of the time. Also, the complex of closed mouth is more complicated than just “alphas are loud”, so boiling it down to the loudest and quietest types of the quadra doesn’t really make sense.
    I don't think I implied that silliness? Really, quadra has no "complex of the closed mouth". I'd even go further and say that quadra is an arbitrary type grouping that serves no useful purpose.

    a.k.a. I/O

  12. #12
    Poptart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    Ignorant mass
    Posts
    1,855
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I don't think I implied that silliness? Really, quadra has no "complex of the closed mouth". I'd even go further and say that quadra is an arbitrary type grouping that serves no useful purpose.

    a.k.a. I/O
    In that case, do you not see any purpose in distinguishing between valued and unvalued functions?

  13. #13
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    In that case, do you not see any purpose in distinguishing between valued and unvalued functions?
    No. IEs are classifications; they don't constitute functions. And, one cannot value or undervalue information control systems but you can their products.

    a.k.a. I/O

  14. #14
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I have to disagree on this one. Si doesn't "recall" anything. It simply means sensing the finer, deeper sensations that the external world evokes on the inside. And it is not about "events" either.
    An event could be as simple as eating breakfast one morning. Re-call is just memory retrieval. That it

    Si is a perceiving function. It gathers information. Si can "recall" information from an "event". I'm not saying Si IS an event or that Si IS re-call. "Event" and "re-call" are simply tools used to accurately assist Si communicate what's already on the inside to the outside.

    Yes. Si is about the external world effecting the internal state but Si also communicates. Without recalling a particular event an Si-ego may as well be mute.

  15. #15
    Poptart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    Ignorant mass
    Posts
    1,855
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    No. IEs are classifications; they don't constitute functions. And, one cannot value or undervalue information control systems but you can their products.

    a.k.a. I/O
    Valued/ unvalued is one of your basic functional dichotomies. You value your program, creative, mobilizing, and suggestive functions. This is Model A stuff.

  16. #16
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    3,686
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    An event could be as simple as eating breakfast one morning. Re-call is just memory retrieval. That it

    Si is a perceiving function. It gathers information. Si can "recall" information from an "event". I'm not saying Si IS an event or that Si IS re-call. "Event" and "re-call" are simply tools used to accurately assist Si communicate what's already on the inside to the outside.

    Yes. Si is about the external world effecting the internal state but Si also communicates. Without recalling a particular event an Si-ego may as well be mute.
    There is no memory retrieval in Si. Si doesn't communicate anything either. For that you need other functions. So it goes beyond Si.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

    (Jung on Si)

  17. #17
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    There is no memory retrieval in Si. Si doesn't communicate anything either. For that you need other functions. So it goes beyond Si.
    Sorry dude. I think that's bullshit. If you wanna get technical, the brain contains memories. Human beings communicate messages regardless of function.

    Not sure why you feel the need to analyze Si so tough.

  18. #18
    persimmonism's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    TIM
    IEI 417
    Posts
    690
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    The quadra complex articles are my favorite in all of socionics, even if they are “a theory only of Stratiyevskaya”.
    Me too! They're great!

  19. #19
    persimmonism's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    TIM
    IEI 417
    Posts
    690
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    An event could be as simple as eating breakfast one morning. Re-call is just memory retrieval. That it

    Si is a perceiving function. It gathers information. Si can "recall" information from an "event". I'm not saying Si IS an event or that Si IS re-call. "Event" and "re-call" are simply tools used to accurately assist Si communicate what's already on the inside to the outside.

    Yes. Si is about the external world effecting the internal state but Si also communicates. Without recalling a particular event an Si-ego may as well be mute.
    I think Si being specifically linked with memory is an MBTI thing, not socionics. Since you call it a "perceiving function," I sense that's where you're coming from?

  20. #20
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    I think Si being specifically linked with memory is an MBTI thing, not socionics. Since you call it a "perceiving function," I sense that's where you're coming from?
    Not exactly. Si as a perceiving function is the "p" in ISFp & ISTp.
    Ti as a judging function is the "j" in ISTj & INTj

    I'd say Si is a way of receiving information not memory.

  21. #21
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Posts
    2,866
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Brother you could've at least linked it for us old-timers

  22. #22
    Poptart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    Ignorant mass
    Posts
    1,855
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Brother you could've at least linked it for us old-timers
    Good point-
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...Stratiyevskaya

  23. #23
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Posts
    2,866
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with most of it but I really hate the parts where apparently alpha hogs air because we can't stand to let others speak. I find this kind of behavior awful and only do it if I have no other choice. There is a natural give and take in good conversation and some people need to learn to shut up to give the conversation room to breathe.

    On the other hand.. I can be bad about this if I think the conversation is going too slowly too, so

    There's a lot of stuff in that article that I'm sure hasn't helped stop witch hunts over the years.

  24. #24
    Seed my wickedness Sanguine Miasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Spontaneous Human Combustion
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Posts
    7,484
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    I think Si being specifically linked with memory is an MBTI thing, not socionics. Since you call it a "perceiving function," I sense that's where you're coming from?

    I would say ILI's tend to be walking diaries.

    Anyway

    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

    NO Private messages, please. Use Discord instead.

  25. #25
    roger557's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,123
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Try to tell an ILE to shut up, see what happens

  26. #26
    Poptart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    Ignorant mass
    Posts
    1,855
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    Try to tell an ILE to shut up, see what happens
    I have. They usually stop, laugh, and then pick up right where they left off—unless they know they really fucked up, in which case they stop, laugh, apologize, and then make jokes about it for the next 14 days (“lol poptart remember when you told me to shut up yesterday lololol”)

  27. #27
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Valued/ unvalued is one of your basic functional dichotomies. You value your program, creative, mobilizing, and suggestive functions. This is Model A stuff.
    Yes, it has some parallels with the Ford Model A; I wonder why people would still be using them except for the nostalgia.

    a.k.a. I/O

  28. #28
    CR400AF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Earth
    TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Not exactly. Si as a perceiving function is the "p" in ISFp & ISTp.
    Ti as a judging function is the "j" in ISTj & INTj

    I'd say Si is a way of receiving information not memory.
    I think Model A is based on information metabolism so in fact all 8 elements are some kinds of information.

  29. #29
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CR400AF View Post
    I think Model A is based on information metabolism so in fact all 8 elements are some kinds of information.
    There's a difference between information metabolism & the process of actually receiving information.

    If you're confused look up the words "metabolism" and "receive" in Wiktionary

  30. #30
    Lycantrope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I don't think I implied that silliness? Really, quadra has no "complex of the closed mouth". I'd even go further and say that quadra is an arbitrary type grouping that serves no useful purpose.

    a.k.a. I/O
    No useful purpose, one day Aushra woke up and went "these are the IMs let's separate 4 groups called quadras, these quadras over here value such and such IMs and those over there value the opposite, cool now let's go back to sleep".

  31. #31
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lincatrope View Post
    No useful purpose, one day Aushra woke up and went "these are the IMs let's separate 4 groups called quadras, these quadras over here value such and such IMs and those over there value the opposite, cool now let's go back to sleep".
    I'd like to think that modern control system concepts weren't available to her. Then again, some people who've made wrong turns will still continue to the end of the route just to see where it terminates - in for a penny, in for a pound so to speak.

    a.k.a. I/O

  32. #32
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe it ought to be re-named "Complex of Cut Communication". LII-Ti aren't the most talkative. They'll communicate with child-like enthusiasm that most Alphas tend to. The mouth generally suggests talking but LII-Ti are quite comfortable texting, writing or artistry. I know SEIs who communicate with their makeup, their hair or their cooking.

    Mouth is cool with context but communication may be a more accurate umbrella.

  33. #33
    The Morning Star EUDAEMONIUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    gone
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,131
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Alphas never stfu, even LIIs will post massive walls of text on this fourm. I love that about them .
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

    The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

  34. #34
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    Alphas never stfu, even LIIs will post massive walls of text on this fourm. I love that about them .
    Legit lol.

  35. #35
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-De
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    Try to tell an ILE to shut up, see what happens
    What the fuck did you just fucking say to me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with telling me to shut up over the internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

  36. #36
    roger557's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,123
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    What the fuck did you just fucking say to me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with telling me to shut up over the internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
    STFU

  37. #37
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-De
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    STFU
    What is a bitch(you) worth?

    If, according to Kanye West, one good girl is worth a thousand bitches, and if, according to Lil Wayne, bitches come a dime a dozen, does that mean one good girl is worth $8.33?


    Well, $8.35 in Canada.


    In Thailand, $8.33 is about 275 Baht. 275 Baht will get you a skanky one in a Thai brothel. If you want a really good hooker, it'll cost you at least 2000 Baht, or about $61.00. So in Thailand a good woman is worth $61.00 or $732 a dozen.


    Yes. However to further this, according to 2Pac Mo' Money= Mo' Bitches If you divide out Mo', you will see that money=bitches Therefore, 1000 moneys= one good girl.


    To extrapolate further, diving with respect to "money" yields 1 money = $0.00833 This changes everything, because money isn't worth hardly anything.


    True. A linear relationship between money and bitches means the equation relating money to them is in the form of y=ax+b, where x is money and y is bitches. Consulting the Lil Wayne theorem, if 12 bitches are worth $0.10, then one is $0.0083. Therefore we know that the equation 1=a(.0083)+b must hold true and so must 12=a(.1)+b. To find the equation relating money to bitches must have "a" and "b" values which satisfy the two previous equations. Since "Mo'" implies a positive linear relation, we know "a" must be positive. I have done the math for you and found that a=119.96 and b=.0043. So, (Bitches)=119.96(Money) + .0043. To find the number of good girls you get from an amount of money, simply divide the number of bitches by 1000 (because of the Kanye West Theorem).


    No but biggie said mo' money= mo' problems so money=problems and since mo' money mo' bitches, we can see that bitches=problems


    Well one must first consult the "50 Cent Law": "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems". Here we see that the amount of money is proportionate to the number of problems. Then one must factor one of the basic rules of the "The Carter Theorem" : "I got 99 problem but a bitch ain't one". Here we see that without a "bitch" the average person will have exactly 99 problems. Therefore the formula must be applied: (current amount of money) (8.33) / ln[(Problems100-1 ) (current amount of money)]bitches = worth of bitch Unfortunately this formula only tells us the value "a bitch" which as we know is only worth one monies Therefore you must apply [(worth of said prostitute) (problems) * (money-8.33)] + 1 / 1000 = The value of a good girl. Hope this helps.


    Yeah. No. That's not how math works. 2pac was merely stating that the derivative of Money in terms of Bitches is strictly positive. More-over, he skipped a lot of steps in his proof and never formally published the full version. I bet you believed Fermat's margins really were too small as well, right?


    Imperial bitches is actually a unit of weight. An imperial one is ~111.1111111112 pounds


    Theres one fundamental law of math that Lil'Wayne forgot to include in his calculations. We have to follow the law of "bitches ain't shit" theorized by doctor dre himself. With that principal included we can work out that if bitches aint shit, and a good girl is worth 1,000 bitches, a good girl is still not worth shit.


    You're forgetting that Jay-Z published his paper on the "Money Ain't A Thang" theory. Therefore if bitches aren't worth shit then bitches aren't money and so therefore they ARE, in fact, a "Thang".


    Is that the transitive property of bitches? Is it possible that for every bitch, there is an equal and opposite good girl? That doesn't make sense though because kanye said a good girl is worth one thousand bitches. The economics don't make sense. Newton or kanye is wrong. They cannot both apply their laws to bitches


    I think the important part here is, are we assuming that there is 1 good girl for every 1000 bitches. This is a very scary thought. 1/1000 females is a good girl and the other 999 are bitches. To me this would make my $8.33 a very good investment. I paid at least $3000 for my wife's wedding ring. Could I have bought 360 good girls in stead of 1 good girl? B/c I can't help but feel like I have overpaid for my good girl according to the genius of Kanye West and Little Weezy F. Baby. Don't get me wrong, I love my good girl wife, but I feel duped knowing she may have only been worth 8 bucks instead of 3000


    It actually depends on they type of women. If it is a bakers daughter it is less since the sample size is actually larger I.E. a bakers dozen (13) so: (.10/13)x1000=$7.69 ...0r $9.69 Canadian (not counting the maple syrup)


    How much candy you can buy for $8.33?


    We can conclude that you are then worth approximately 0.83c, but since bitches are of negative value it's actually -0.83c. This means that in order to get the correct positive value of a good girl there needs to be an exponential factor involved here. In order to evaluate the amount of good girls needed to offset the bitches you use the simple formula -0.0083B2 = G. This intuitively makes sense when you think about how the more bitches you have around you the exponentially higher value even a single good girl has. So when B=1000 we get: G = -0.0083(1000)2 = $68.89 Interestingly enough, if the entire female population of the US, let's say 150 million for simplicity, were bitches, the worth of one good girl would then be $1,550,025,000,000 which is just over the total USD currently in circulation.


    The problem with the current hypothesis, is that it weighs the calculations solely on mathematics, negleting key factors such as supply and demand, macro economics, the purchasing power parity and other significant market factors. Say, a bitch (bitches, singular) is meassured as a commodity, the theoretic value might be $8,33 but This doesn’t factor the wide range of market mechanics that could alter This price. These could be the amount of bitches compared to good girls domestically, the demand for bitches compared to good girls domestically, any current domestic events that might alter the demand for bitches relative to good girls, or the purchasing power of the average bitch or good Girl consumer. We could also dive into the international market for bitches compared against good girls, but This would include a wide array of factors, such as logistics, international politics, and geo-politics to name a few.

  38. #38
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    15,485
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    What is a bitch(you) worth?

    If, according to Kanye West, one good girl is worth a thousand bitches, and if, according to Lil Wayne, bitches come a dime a dozen, does that mean one good girl is worth $8.33?


    Well, $8.35 in Canada.


    In Thailand, $8.33 is about 275 Baht. 275 Baht will get you a skanky one in a Thai brothel. If you want a really good hooker, it'll cost you at least 2000 Baht, or about $61.00. So in Thailand a good woman is worth $61.00 or $732 a dozen.


    Yes. However to further this, according to 2Pac Mo' Money= Mo' Bitches If you divide out Mo', you will see that money=bitches Therefore, 1000 moneys= one good girl.


    To extrapolate further, diving with respect to "money" yields 1 money = $0.00833 This changes everything, because money isn't worth hardly anything.


    True. A linear relationship between money and bitches means the equation relating money to them is in the form of y=ax+b, where x is money and y is bitches. Consulting the Lil Wayne theorem, if 12 bitches are worth $0.10, then one is $0.0083. Therefore we know that the equation 1=a(.0083)+b must hold true and so must 12=a(.1)+b. To find the equation relating money to bitches must have "a" and "b" values which satisfy the two previous equations. Since "Mo'" implies a positive linear relation, we know "a" must be positive. I have done the math for you and found that a=119.96 and b=.0043. So, (Bitches)=119.96(Money) + .0043. To find the number of good girls you get from an amount of money, simply divide the number of bitches by 1000 (because of the Kanye West Theorem).


    No but biggie said mo' money= mo' problems so money=problems and since mo' money mo' bitches, we can see that bitches=problems


    Well one must first consult the "50 Cent Law": "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems". Here we see that the amount of money is proportionate to the number of problems. Then one must factor one of the basic rules of the "The Carter Theorem" : "I got 99 problem but a bitch ain't one". Here we see that without a "bitch" the average person will have exactly 99 problems. Therefore the formula must be applied: (current amount of money) (8.33) / ln[(Problems100-1 ) (current amount of money)]bitches = worth of bitch Unfortunately this formula only tells us the value "a bitch" which as we know is only worth one monies Therefore you must apply [(worth of said prostitute) (problems) * (money-8.33)] + 1 / 1000 = The value of a good girl. Hope this helps.


    Yeah. No. That's not how math works. 2pac was merely stating that the derivative of Money in terms of Bitches is strictly positive. More-over, he skipped a lot of steps in his proof and never formally published the full version. I bet you believed Fermat's margins really were too small as well, right?


    Imperial bitches is actually a unit of weight. An imperial one is ~111.1111111112 pounds


    Theres one fundamental law of math that Lil'Wayne forgot to include in his calculations. We have to follow the law of "bitches ain't shit" theorized by doctor dre himself. With that principal included we can work out that if bitches aint shit, and a good girl is worth 1,000 bitches, a good girl is still not worth shit.


    You're forgetting that Jay-Z published his paper on the "Money Ain't A Thang" theory. Therefore if bitches aren't worth shit then bitches aren't money and so therefore they ARE, in fact, a "Thang".


    Is that the transitive property of bitches? Is it possible that for every bitch, there is an equal and opposite good girl? That doesn't make sense though because kanye said a good girl is worth one thousand bitches. The economics don't make sense. Newton or kanye is wrong. They cannot both apply their laws to bitches


    I think the important part here is, are we assuming that there is 1 good girl for every 1000 bitches. This is a very scary thought. 1/1000 females is a good girl and the other 999 are bitches. To me this would make my $8.33 a very good investment. I paid at least $3000 for my wife's wedding ring. Could I have bought 360 good girls in stead of 1 good girl? B/c I can't help but feel like I have overpaid for my good girl according to the genius of Kanye West and Little Weezy F. Baby. Don't get me wrong, I love my good girl wife, but I feel duped knowing she may have only been worth 8 bucks instead of 3000


    It actually depends on they type of women. If it is a bakers daughter it is less since the sample size is actually larger I.E. a bakers dozen (13) so: (.10/13)x1000=$7.69 ...0r $9.69 Canadian (not counting the maple syrup)


    How much candy you can buy for $8.33?


    We can conclude that you are then worth approximately 0.83c, but since bitches are of negative value it's actually -0.83c. This means that in order to get the correct positive value of a good girl there needs to be an exponential factor involved here. In order to evaluate the amount of good girls needed to offset the bitches you use the simple formula -0.0083B2 = G. This intuitively makes sense when you think about how the more bitches you have around you the exponentially higher value even a single good girl has. So when B=1000 we get: G = -0.0083(1000)2 = $68.89 Interestingly enough, if the entire female population of the US, let's say 150 million for simplicity, were bitches, the worth of one good girl would then be $1,550,025,000,000 which is just over the total USD currently in circulation.


    The problem with the current hypothesis, is that it weighs the calculations solely on mathematics, negleting key factors such as supply and demand, macro economics, the purchasing power parity and other significant market factors. Say, a bitch (bitches, singular) is meassured as a commodity, the theoretic value might be $8,33 but This doesn’t factor the wide range of market mechanics that could alter This price. These could be the amount of bitches compared to good girls domestically, the demand for bitches compared to good girls domestically, any current domestic events that might alter the demand for bitches relative to good girls, or the purchasing power of the average bitch or good Girl consumer. We could also dive into the international market for bitches compared against good girls, but This would include a wide array of factors, such as logistics, international politics, and geo-politics to name a few.
    This is why you guys never get rich.

  39. #39
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-De
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    This is why you guys never get rich.
    Always fun to do a bunch of stock analysis for it not to matter while the market collectively flips a coin to decide what way the price will go.

  40. #40
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    15,485
    Mentioned
    1479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Always fun to do a bunch of stock analysis for it not to matter while the market collectively flips a coin to decide what way the price will go.
    Yes, markets are generally rational, but they can remain irrational longer than many people can remain solvent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •