Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
My SEI ex would sometimes sit down with me, explain problems, and ask me for advice, but I tended to feel that she didn't think it was useful. I think she felt frustrated that I rarely offered a single solution, but generally tried to explain various options. I don't know if this is typical for LIIs; intuitively it would seem that base T types would be more inclined to present a single "best" option, and T-creatives would be more inclined to present several, so perhaps it indicates I'm mistyped. In any case though, I would say I tend to be cautious when giving advice, and perhaps expressed too much of this caution for her taste; I think she would have preferred someone tell her "just try this!" and relieve her of the stress of making the "wrong" choice rather than than try to talk through all the options, present the pros and cons of each, and leave the final decision up to her. Maybe there has to be more compatibility than just F + T.
I don’t think you’re mistyped, it just indicates stronger intuition as per your subtype. LII-Ti is more categorical. What you’re describing with your SEI ex sounds like her expectation of Se role - ILEs have abundant ideas, with just enough of an ability to decide on one and kick them into motion. LII’s ideas favor depth over breadth, which in my experience is like candy to ESEs, but a little disorienting to SEIs. Ne creatives analyze prospects in the context of the rational base. There is always a context, a method to the madness. SEI just wants to know the prospects objectively.