Thread: Is Your Marriage Exceptional, Conventional, Shipwrecked, or Deadly?

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Your Marriage Exceptional, Conventional, Shipwrecked, or Deadly?

This is the best I have seen as far as simply and efficiently categorizing the kinds of marriage. I have seriously experienced Shipwrecked, and now experience Exceptional. I have read a couple of books fully explaining this theory by Gregory Popcak, but this is the best short summery of the theory I have seen, in this little article. @Adam Strange, I would be curious to know what you think you experienced in your previous marriage. (I am praying that your next be "1.".!)

[Click on this title for the article link]:
    Is Your Marriage Exceptional, Conventional, Shipwrecked, or Deadly?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Exceptional
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exceptional
    I had a boyfriend that I paid everything for, his debt, his car, and all I have to say to that is: that I was one dumb bitch

shitposter extraordinaire
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nonexistant.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    This is the best I have seen as far as simply and efficiently categorizing the kinds of marriage. I have seriously experienced Shipwrecked, and now experience Exceptional. I have read a couple of books fully explaining this theory by Gregory Popcak, but this is the best short summery of the theory I have seen, in this little article. @Adam Strange, I would be curious to know what you think you experienced in your previous marriage. (I am praying that your next be "1.".!)

[Click on this title for the article link]:
    Is Your Marriage Exceptional, Conventional, Shipwrecked, or Deadly?
    I've mentioned attachment issues before and, well, this correlates to how severe they are. The "exceptional" marriage is between couples who either lack those issues or completely overcame them despite having them at some point. "Deadly" marriages are between those who have deep and serious attachment issues that neither has overcome or even realizes they have them (i.e. they don't even know they have issues to resolve/overcome).

The "shipwrecked" marriage is a most glaring example of how attachment issues can and do manifest. It's how well meaning yet ultimately broken people would and do experience matrimony. Especially that last part. Being more attached to their kids than each other. It's why broken women usually don't divorce a healthy man (i.e. a man who lacks/overcame attachment issues). He actually gets attached to their child and for even the most broken women that kid is their everything. Even if he despises her (or so she mistakenly believes he will if he ever learned who/what she really is), so long as he loves and treasures her child, she'll deal with it.

I think this episode of a podcast is worth your time to listen to: https://modernwisdom.libsyn.com/310-adam-lane-smith
    Last edited by End; 06-07-2021 at 05:58 AM.