Thread: Si types - what does Si "seeking" (suggestive/HA) look like to you?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Si types - what does Si "seeking" (suggestive/HA) look like to you?

Last edited by necrosebud; 04-26-2023 at 04:21 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dis-ease surrounding Si or just dis-ease in general that begs for soothing from a strong Si presence (for suggestive)

ok i feel like this could apply to Ni for Se bases. not sure. anyway that's how it looks to me.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hesitating before doing something seems to be a trigger for them. Doing something "wrong" or "incompetently" while at the same time not coming across as threatening is another, especially for Delta STs. Being wobbly at all, which I guess is sort of like hesitancy.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different for different people. Seems to be about stabilizing the internal state by way of sensory stimulation. When an Si-ego gets "used" to something it can become blueprinted within their internal state & this compels them to maybe re-experience that state.

With Si seeking, they have mixed success or, at the very least, have stress attempting to re-experience that state. Si-ego, though, can easily find ways to re-create the experience.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What relates to Si. Pleasant sensations as to be estethically good, healthy/clean, comfortable, natural beauty. It exists in common typology texts.

It's opposite to your attraction to physical decadence and physical suffering. Your attraction to such is rejection of Si. Such happens with worse psyche state and when people are tired to pay lesser attention to what is hard and also not interesting for them - on their weak nonvalued functions, as at your possible IEI.

If your experience does not match to the theory, - good possibly types are other.
    And what may say people about own perception when having often mistakes in own types matters not much.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Doing things the wrong way, wasting resources, taking more time that what's needed, hesitation. I like to assist ppl who really needs it, I dislike helping ppl who happens to have a bad attitude (rude or spoiled ppl, also overly pessimistic or angry etc).

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, Si types tend to be bit wound up internally, apparently. This state helps them to keep up the homeostasis between them and the environment.

They get sucked into the flow. The flow they experience is usually not passively observed and actively transformed to objective possibilities (Ne types).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Hesitating before doing something seems to be a trigger for them. Doing something "wrong" or "incompetently" while at the same time not coming across as threatening is another, especially for Delta STs. Being wobbly at all, which I guess is sort of like hesitancy.

I see this as Te base + Ni polr. LSEs do it all the time. They interrupt you if they just feel for a second that you are doing something "wrong". I find it extremely irritating. ESE has the same tendency, but less focus on method. Although it depends on how developed/ educated the LSE is. Some LSEs are very patient, they have somehow been able to cope with their polr.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Different for different people. Seems to be about stabilizing the internal state by way of sensory stimulation. When an Si-ego gets "used" to something it can become blueprinted within their internal state & this compels them to maybe re-experience that state.

With Si seeking, they have mixed success or, at the very least, have stress attempting to re-experience that state. Si-ego, though, can easily find ways to re-create the experience.
    They have downright miraculous ways of providing comfort in the narrowest of circumstances

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dated an IEE for several years long before I got into socionics. Cant remember any active "Si help" to her at any time. It doesnt work that way. It's more like chilling, being in the moment and letting the finer nuances of sensations come to the surface. It's more like a way of being.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    Just anything you can think of on this topic; examples and stories are welcome too.
    Skip to 8:02