Thread: About the contact blocks in Psychosophy

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp6w5 so/sx
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post About the contact blocks in Psychosophy

Found on this website. Did improve a bit the translation from Russian for myself, and then thought, why not post it on here for everyone to relish?!?

The premise of PY is that there are 4 basic functions that are present in all types, and knowing what position each function takes, we can specify what role it will play for each PY-type, and in accordance with this, determine what its characteristic manifestations will be. Similar to socionics, it then makes sense to introduce blocks of two functions (and to divide them into strong and weak as well as contact and inert). However, due to the fact that the psychosophic model differs from the socionic model, the role of function blocks in PI is not restricted to this.

One of the crucial features is that the 4 functions in psychosophy, unlike the functions in socionics, can be combined in a completely arbitrary order. And each of 12 possible blocks (exactly 12, instead of 6, because the order of functions in each block is significant!) expresses a special aspect of interaction with the world, for example, the block LV expresses the ability to promote activity and interaction with people on the basis of objective knowledge. Moreover, it makes sense to talk about the role of any contact block in any type: the closer the two functions are in the structure of a given PY-type, the stronger this block is expressed in its activity, and vice versa. For example, for LFVE (Plato) the basis of the life program is the necessity to embody its logical concepts (L) in the material world (F), while, say, for LVEF (Einstein) the applicability of logical concepts to the everyday circumstances of the material world plays a secondary role, which makes it possible to do scientific-theoretical work. Since the role of blocks consisting of neighboring functions is particularly significant because of this, they should be considered specifically. We will call such blocks strongly connected.

Moreover, depending on the place of the stronger function in each strongly connected block, we can talk about the role this block plays in human activity: let’s say,
    · for LFVE, the implementation of logical concepts in the material world (described by the LF block) plays a programmatic role.
    · for VLFE it is a sphere of constant daily activity (that is why so many VLFEs turn out to be qualified organizers and administrators).
    · and for the EVLF, the view of this sphere is constructed from the position of minimizing possible risks.
    Now let's move on to describing the role of all blocks.

LF is the application of logical concepts to the material world, e.g., diagnosing malfunctions and fixing them. This also includes the establishment of rules for operating the material world and the ability to technologically operate the material world. Thus, LFVE and LFEV are unsurpassed as technicians and administrators of technical systems, which explains their liking of instruction manuals. VLFE are good as organizers of management, including managers of enterprises, because they are able to quickly assess what kind of activities should be organized in different areas of production (and ELFV is very good as a performer, so there are many of them among programmers(???)). But EFLFs and VELFs however are less suited to the sphere of activity associated with regulation of daily, routine production, and the need to solve such problems causes considerable discomfort.

LV is the development of a logical concept, the ability to interact with people within its framework. In addition, it is the ability to analyse a phenomenon and critically perceive the established views and practices, being able to revise them. This is why so many brilliant scientists are LVEFs and LVFEs. Also well-known is the tendency of the ELVF to develop a variety of logical concepts, which is why this type is common among science-fiction writers. But EFLV and FELV however, are engaged in such an area much less frequently, since it is very difficult for them, so there are few theoretical scientists of these types.

LE is the ability to express one’s logical concepts in a way that gets the attention of the surrounding people. This is why the LEVF and LEFV are talented as publicists and educators. VLEF and FLEV are constantly striving to organize educational activities and information transfer, coordinating the involvement of people, while the FVLE and VFLE have a hard time with such activity.

EV
    is the ability to charm, entice, impress people with an idea, present criticism, and praise. Therefore, EVLF and EVFL are almost irreplaceable as popularisers of unusual ideas, views, and concepts, as well as they are brilliant at raising the spirits of those around them. FEVL and LEVF are very good at sensing the extent to which an idea or concept can match the mood of those around them at a particular moment, and they know how to persuade people. Finally, LFEVs and FLEVs are less easily captivated by unusual ideas than other types and are often very inert with regard to emotional impulse.

EL is the generation of ideas, highly developed artistic imagination, and creative thinking in the broadest sense of the word. Probably, it is the types with the leading EL block that are the best at writing fairy tales and fantasy - Andersen, Tolkien, Schwartz, Borges - all of them belong to the ELVF type. Further, VELFs and FELVs have a very good sense of what idea is worth developing here and now. WFEL and FELV, on the other hand, are extremely realistic and extremely restrained about fantasy.

EF
    is both aesthetic and attention-grabbing behaviour through outward beauty, and a tendency to "jump the gun," to start acting in the material world under the influence of impulse. EFVL are known to be very prone to this (isn't that what explains Pushkin's own duels?). VEFL and LEFV are very capable of charming others with their current emotions and manner of holding themselves in public. And for LVEF and VLEF, external aesthetics are of minimal importance.

VE
    is the ability to direct people's actions, lead them, create a team spirit, and guide people. That is why the VELF and VELF are brilliant orators and actors, and often act as ideological and emotional leaders. Further, LVEF and VEFL constantly develop this aspect of life, trying to be very careful in it and working out standardized solutions to ensure influence and emotional security. And, on the other hand, LFVE and FLVE are not inclined to lead people, believing that the best solution would be a lowered emotional level, which is required for a stable state of affairs.

VL
    is the ability to carry out a logical idea, to create structure in the world around us. Therefore, VLEF and VLFE prove to be strong organizers and administrators, EVLF and FLVE constantly negotiate with people around, finding points of agreement with them. Finally, EFVL and FEVL try to avoid structuring the world and believe that such structuring is unnatural in relation to the real order of things.

VF is about expanding the space of activity and adapting the material world around to one's desires. Therefore VFEL and VFLE seek to supervise activities related to the development of the material world and try to transform it according to their desires (the infiltration or take-over of a business can be considered an example), EVFL and LVFE constantly adjust activity in the material world, trying to take all its features into account to the maximum extent, but for LEVF and ELVF the need to solve problems in the material world is especially burdensome.

FV is the ability to adapt to the existing conditions of the material world, including the ability to take advantage of its possibilities effectively and the ability to adapt to uncomfortable external conditions. Therefore, the most resistant to discomfort and unpretentious types are FVEL and FVLE (it is no accident that many Freemen in the novel "Dune", which takes place on a planet with extremely harsh natural conditions, belong to these types). EFVL and LFVE are constantly in interaction with the material world, constantly considering its risk factors and paying attention to various aspects of the world around them. Finally, for ELFVs and LEFVs, the material world is perceived as a source of threats, and they can give the impression of constantly suffering.

FE is the ability to derive joy from the current state of the material world, to perceive its beauty. That is why the impression of cheerful life-loving people who know a lot about life is given by the FEVL and FELV. In VFEL and LFEV, deriving joy from the world is more difficult, and in order to get away from it, they may even be overtly rude. Finally, from the LVFE and VLFE perspective, the material world around us is not seen as a source of joy-it is not perfect and requires a constant investment of labour and resources to be seen as beautiful.

FL is the ability to think logically about the material world, determining the possible benefits of exploiting different areas of the environment, in particular the ability to set and retain a price for one's labour. Therefore, FLVE and FLEV are very pragmatic, and know a lot about material objects (probably, Gogol's servant Osip with his famous "And the rope comes in handy" was FLVE). VFLE and EFLV constantly feel the limitations and inapplicability of theories to the material world, believing in everyday experience as the main source of truth, and for EVFL and VEFL solving pragmatic problems occurs with strain, and the necessity to solve problems in the material world is an especially heavy burden.

We have now examined the functional blocks in psychosophy. For the first time, the role of contact blocks in the activity of each type was articulated. This can probably serve to better understand the role of all types in the world.
    Last edited by lkdhf qkb; 05-30-2021 at 01:22 PM.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on these descriptions, a person who interacts with the world via FV sounds like someone I would gravitate toward - FVLE approximates my dual type in this system.

My own method of interaction is...intermittent EV? I do get swept up/enamoured with things that I feel compelled to share with my friends and family "look at this neat ____ I discovered! I feel it has potential, but what do you make of it?"

EL is less like me. I don't generate ideas of my own as much as I vouch for those already out there

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS. I was searching for FLVE and FLEV in your translation and couldn't find them...then realised they have been swapped out for VFLE and EFLV in the second sentence of the final paragraph (typo):
    "Therefore, FLVE and FLEV are very pragmatic and, and know a lot about material objects (probably, it was FLEV who was Gogol's servant Osip with his famous «And the rope will come in handy»)"

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp6w5 so/sx
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    PS. I was searching for FLVE and FLEV in your translation and couldn't find them...then realised they have been swapped out for VFLE and EFLV in the second sentence of the final paragraph (typo):
    "Therefore, FLVE and FLEV are very pragmatic and, and know a lot about material objects (probably, it was FLEV who was Gogol's servant Osip with his famous «And the rope will come in handy»)"
    Fixed
    Life is soup. I'm a fork.

IEE-Ne DCNH-C/N

ELVF(sexta ena) - The "poet" - Andersen
    counter-phobic 6w5 2w1 9w1 - the "Good Samaritan" tritype
    "Darkside" So/SX

Retired