Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you prefer your Mirage or Activity partner?

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hux View Post
    I think subtypes may influence preferences - I would 100% prefer my activity partners, my closest friend is IEI and they're way more compatible with me compared to the LIE's I've met. Although I still find LIEs pretty cool, we just can't get along as well since they can seem too blunt or provocative to me, not in the way I prefer (beta vs gamma victim)
    That makes sense. Conversely, do you prefer ESEs or IEIs?

TIM
    LSI 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@PinKDiGiT18 That's a good question, hmm I only know a few ESEs and we haven't been close, but right now I'll say IEI too. I find IEIs more willing to talk about deeper stuff with me I guess. Also that they give me lots of people insights since I suck at reading them or interpreting the dynamics well enough to confidently take action. Although ESEs are nice to hang with, they're pretty good at holding a conversation lol

And thinking about it, I feel like I can confide in them, I think one of my friends are ESE. We don't deep talk but we have fun together, met them in a sports team

What about you? Do you have a preference for SLI or LIE?

TIM
    IEI-Fe (C) 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I like LSIs (Activity) well enough, and one of my oldest friends is one, I would say that I generally get along better with ILEs (Mirage). In fact, I seem to be some kind of ILE magnet. I can gather them unto me like moths to a flame, and they're probably the type I interact the most with for fun. My younger brother is ILE, one of my other friends from forever ago (though not as long as the LSI) is ILE, here in Japan my first other English teacher friend was ILE (and incidentally has the same name, but just spelled a little differently from the last one I mentioned), and quite regularly they'll be the first type I click with out of a group of new people I meet. While I'm quite sure I'm not SEI, I did grow up in a super Alpha family, so I think I may be somewhat Alphatized compared to other IEI. I think that may also be why I turned out to be an Fe-subtype. My Alpha family doesn't really relate to my Ni-Se.

TL;DR I suppose I prefer my Mirage partner just looking at who I actually spend most of my time around, but I definitely get along with my Activity partner well too in most cases
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@PinKDiGiT18 That's a good question, hmm I only know a few ESEs and we haven't been close, but right now I'll say IEI too. I find IEIs more willing to talk about deeper stuff with me I guess. Also that they give me lots of people insights since I suck at reading them or interpreting the dynamics well enough to confidently take action. Although ESEs are nice to hang with, they're pretty good at holding a conversation lol

And thinking about it, I feel like I can confide in them, I think one of my friends are ESE. We don't deep talk but we have fun together, met them in a sports team

What about you? Do you have a preference for SLI or LIE?
    Awe, that’s cool.

For me - LIEs make great friends. The shared rationality and understanding in Fi-Te matters set a good foundation there. Partners, not so much. The day-to-day having to rely on one another almost always results in a complete collapse of that confidence and even breeds mutual resentment. Once we have some distance, things are good again. I find my relations with SLIs (of the Si-subtype, to be specific) a lot more durable and capable of compromise.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think subtypes may influence preferences - I would 100% prefer my activity partners, my closest friend is IEI and they're way more compatible with me compared to the LIE's I've met. Although I still find LIEs pretty cool, we just can't get along as well since they can seem too blunt or provocative to me, not in the way I prefer (beta vs gamma victim)
    Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    Awe, that’s cool.
    For me - LIEs make great friends. The shared rationality and understanding in Fi-Te matters set a good foundation there. Partners, not so much. The day-to-day having to rely on one another almost always results in a complete collapse of that confidence and even breeds mutual resentment. Once we have some distance, things are good again. I find my relations with SLIs (of the Si-subtype, to be specific) a lot more durable and capable of compromise.
    I think because you're EII-Ne, that's why you prefer SLI-Si, matching subtype.
    I can imagine an EII-Fi would prefer an LIE-Te.
    Like Hux said, subtypes do matter.

Anyway, I'm an LIE-Ni, being with an EII-Ne in a romantic relationship feels almost like in a contrary relation, because of the subtype I guess.
    I would definitely prefer my mirage, LSI-Se, over my semidual. Even my activator has a matching subtype (SEE-Se).

By the way, we are not talking about attraction, right?
    Because every time I meet my semidual there is always this odd magnetic attraction.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I think because you're EII-Ne, that's why you prefer SLI-Si, matching subtype.
    I can imagine an EII-Fi would prefer an LIE-Te.
    Like Hux said, subtypes do matter.

Anyway, I'm an LIE-Ni, being with an EII-Ne in a romantic relationship feels almost like in a contrary relation, because of the subtype I guess.
    I would definitely prefer my mirage, LSI-Se, over my semidual. Even my activator has a matching subtype (SEE-Se).

By the way, we are not talking about attraction, right?
    Because every time I meet my semidual there is always this odd magnetic attraction.
    I agree and do think I would prefer LIE-Te if I were the Fi-subtype.

I have an LIE-Ni close relative and I know I would not function well in a relationship with one. Needs are too different and we both need to be coddled (in different ways) when it comes to sensory matters.

And nope, not talking about attraction but more in terms of “who would I prefer to live with if I had to.”

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Activity relations are still the most enigmatic, imo. It's like being on a relatively cool ass date until the person unexplainably farts in the middle of it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12