Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you prefer your Mirage or Activity partner?

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hux View Post
    I think subtypes may influence preferences - I would 100% prefer my activity partners, my closest friend is IEI and they're way more compatible with me compared to the LIE's I've met. Although I still find LIEs pretty cool, we just can't get along as well since they can seem too blunt or provocative to me, not in the way I prefer (beta vs gamma victim)
    That makes sense. Conversely, do you prefer ESEs or IEIs?

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@PinKDiGiT18 That's a good question, hmm I only know a few ESEs and we haven't been close, but right now I'll say IEI too. I find IEIs more willing to talk about deeper stuff with me I guess. Also that they give me lots of people insights since I suck at reading them or interpreting the dynamics well enough to confidently take action. Although ESEs are nice to hang with, they're pretty good at holding a conversation lol

And thinking about it, I feel like I can confide in them, I think one of my friends are ESE. We don't deep talk but we have fun together, met them in a sports team

What about you? Do you have a preference for SLI or LIE?

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I like LSIs (Activity) well enough, and one of my oldest friends is one, I would say that I generally get along better with ILEs (Mirage). In fact, I seem to be some kind of ILE magnet. I can gather them unto me like moths to a flame, and they're probably the type I interact the most with for fun. My younger brother is ILE, one of my other friends from forever ago (though not as long as the LSI) is ILE, here in Japan my first other English teacher friend was ILE (and incidentally has the same name, but just spelled a little differently from the last one I mentioned), and quite regularly they'll be the first type I click with out of a group of new people I meet. While I'm quite sure I'm not SEI, I did grow up in a super Alpha family, so I think I may be somewhat Alphatized compared to other IEI. I think that may also be why I turned out to be an Fe-subtype. My Alpha family doesn't really relate to my Ni-Se.

TL;DR I suppose I prefer my Mirage partner just looking at who I actually spend most of my time around, but I definitely get along with my Activity partner well too in most cases
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@PinKDiGiT18 That's a good question, hmm I only know a few ESEs and we haven't been close, but right now I'll say IEI too. I find IEIs more willing to talk about deeper stuff with me I guess. Also that they give me lots of people insights since I suck at reading them or interpreting the dynamics well enough to confidently take action. Although ESEs are nice to hang with, they're pretty good at holding a conversation lol

And thinking about it, I feel like I can confide in them, I think one of my friends are ESE. We don't deep talk but we have fun together, met them in a sports team

What about you? Do you have a preference for SLI or LIE?
    Awe, that’s cool.

For me - LIEs make great friends. The shared rationality and understanding in Fi-Te matters set a good foundation there. Partners, not so much. The day-to-day having to rely on one another almost always results in a complete collapse of that confidence and even breeds mutual resentment. Once we have some distance, things are good again. I find my relations with SLIs (of the Si-subtype, to be specific) a lot more durable and capable of compromise.

TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think subtypes may influence preferences - I would 100% prefer my activity partners, my closest friend is IEI and they're way more compatible with me compared to the LIE's I've met. Although I still find LIEs pretty cool, we just can't get along as well since they can seem too blunt or provocative to me, not in the way I prefer (beta vs gamma victim)
    Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    Awe, that’s cool.
    For me - LIEs make great friends. The shared rationality and understanding in Fi-Te matters set a good foundation there. Partners, not so much. The day-to-day having to rely on one another almost always results in a complete collapse of that confidence and even breeds mutual resentment. Once we have some distance, things are good again. I find my relations with SLIs (of the Si-subtype, to be specific) a lot more durable and capable of compromise.
    I think because you're EII-Ne, that's why you prefer SLI-Si, matching subtype.
    I can imagine an EII-Fi would prefer an LIE-Te.
    Like Hux said, subtypes do matter.

Anyway, I'm an LIE-Ni, being with an EII-Ne in a romantic relationship feels almost like in a contrary relation, because of the subtype I guess.
    I would definitely prefer my mirage, LSI-Se, over my semidual. Even my activator has a matching subtype (SEE-Se).

By the way, we are not talking about attraction, right?
    Because every time I meet my semidual there is always this odd magnetic attraction.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I think because you're EII-Ne, that's why you prefer SLI-Si, matching subtype.
    I can imagine an EII-Fi would prefer an LIE-Te.
    Like Hux said, subtypes do matter.

Anyway, I'm an LIE-Ni, being with an EII-Ne in a romantic relationship feels almost like in a contrary relation, because of the subtype I guess.
    I would definitely prefer my mirage, LSI-Se, over my semidual. Even my activator has a matching subtype (SEE-Se).

By the way, we are not talking about attraction, right?
    Because every time I meet my semidual there is always this odd magnetic attraction.
    I agree and do think I would prefer LIE-Te if I were the Fi-subtype.

I have an LIE-Ni close relative and I know I would not function well in a relationship with one. Needs are too different and we both need to be coddled (in different ways) when it comes to sensory matters.

And nope, not talking about attraction but more in terms of “who would I prefer to live with if I had to.”

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Activity relations are still the most enigmatic, imo. It's like being on a relatively cool ass date until the person unexplainably farts in the middle of it

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the answer to this question may reveal the person's subtype.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently reunited with my SLI friend; and while so much time had passed, we picked up on each other’s behavior so naturally. We had a lovely time, and yet I was reminded of why I don’t think I could marry an activator. She is the 1Si subtype to my 1Ne, the sp/sx to my sx/so, the enneagram 1 to my 4...one of the best friends I have ever had; but while we can be understanding and supportive toward one another, we quite miss the mark when it comes to protecting one another. One of us has delayed reactions to the problems of the other, and it’s stressful. We can live together but we can’t lean into one another for our needs, because sometimes the other needs the same thing - the mobility of an extrovert.
    This is so beautifully put and some of the final words actually ran through my head earlier. I couldn't remember where I had read them, haha, then found myself rereading this thread tonight and locating the source 😌

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would prefer SLI over LIE. SLI women seem cool and collected but also effortlessly sensual.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say an important factor in either relation is the matching of subtype (lead/contact)

Matching rational subtypes will have favorable communication styles. Matching irrational subtypes will have favorable erotic styles.

The E/I dichotomy can really be a thing psychologically for some folks. Extraverts seem to exhibit more energy while introverts are more conservative or reserved

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't know enough ESEs or SLIs to make a solid statement regarding this, but—in my limited experience—I greatly prefer spending time with ESEs to spending time with SLIs.

Maybe it's that I prefer interacting with ethical types? I can't think of any logical type who I've ever gotten close to.. I think that I tend to like Fe leads and SEIs the most.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaemon View Post
    I think the answer to this question may reveal the person's subtype.
    Pls enlighten me: Which answer (activity/mirage) supposedly reveals which subtype?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer IEIs when they're not being manipulative. Otherwise I throw them in the ESE pile.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    EIE-N 4w3 486 So/Sp?
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I understand the types right and have my own right, Activity. By a long shot. The times I've been in a room with an SLE have invariably turned into nightmares for HR in an hour or less and it's awesome.

Occasionally feels like I have to pump the brakes a bit to try and get them to focus a bit and not crash the vehicle, and the lack of focus with their aggro over time feels a little tiring and I'm sure there's something from me they expect but can't seem to quite get, as well.
    Last edited by Spiteful Sisyphus; 02-13-2022 at 10:25 AM.
    This is the imposthume of much wealth and peace, That inward breaks, and shows no cause without Why the man dies.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not a huuge fan of either.

LIEs are a bit of a hit or miss. It's often a miss because we are both argumentative (in addition to being competitive) and debate our views which leads to tension even if starts out impersonal.

IEIs can be flakey.

I personally like duals and semi-duals best.

Beneficiary (ILI) can also be really good, one of my best IRL friends is one, I find that type less abrasive than LIEs and bit more reliable than IEIs.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreymagine View Post
    Pls enlighten me: Which answer (activity/mirage) supposedly reveals which subtype?
    If you are EII-Fi, you likely would prefer SLI-Te (activity) over most ESEs. Doesn’t apply to every person, but the idea is you prioritize the presence of Te over the presence of Si. I’m EII-Ne and my circles are never short on Si.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are EII-Fi, you likely would prefer SLI-Te (activity) over most ESEs. Doesn’t apply to every person, but the idea is you prioritize the presence of Te over the presence of Si. I’m EII-Ne and my circles are never short on Si.
    Smart gal. I tip my glass of beer to your assessment.

IMO, psychological balance or, rather, one's psychological compliment could factor into relational comfort

My Ti creative enjoys the balance of Fe creative, my Te demo appreciates the balance Fi demo can give and, being a Ti subtype, I can appreciate the communication style an Fe (or even a Ti subtype) brings to conversation.

Interestingly, both my mirage and activity could potentially be Fe subtypes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

For a pair I'd prefer activation. Having LSE, I knew women IEE and LII. Emotional inspiration is main what I value in such relations and Fi type fits better.

Among own sex for pals or a cooperation (in region strong in both) - closer types mb more interesting. In the experience, I had more interest to interact with LII than IEE.
    This can be general situation that interactions and preference of closer types among own sex happen more often than among people of other sex, and mb even more prefered than with more differing types as duals/activation. As relations with own sex have lesser personal meaning and more for surface cooperations of people with closer skills and interests (including by strong functions).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So wouldn't one expect the answer for EIIs to be activity, regardless of subtype? Since EII-Fi would want the Te of SLI and EII-Ne would want the Si of SLI? Doesn't seem that our answer would suggest our subtype unless we picked activity and, furthermore, specified a subtype (SLI-Te/SLI-Si).

Idk if what I'm saying is making sense. Ig what I'm trying to say is that I don't understand how an EII picking between SLI and ESE (rather than between SLI-Si and SLI-Te) would reveal subtype in any way.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So wouldn't one expect the answer for EIIs to be activity, regardless of subtype? Since EII-Fi would want the Te of SLI and EII-Ne would want the Si of SLI? Doesn't seem that our answer would suggest our subtype unless we picked activity and, furthermore, specified a subtype (SLI-Te/SLI-Si).

Idk if what I'm saying is making sense. Ig what I'm trying to say is that I don't understand how an EII picking between SLI and ESE (rather than between SLI-Si and SLI-Te) would reveal subtype in any way.
    I won't speak for Pinkdigit18 but....

An SLIs Si function might be too strong for an EIIs preference. They might just prefer the rational rhythm an ESE communicates

Subtype is kinda important because it suggests whether a person values communication style more (rational rhythm) or an erotic style more (irrational rhythm)

Erotic styles tend to be perceptive in functionality & involve informational sharing. Communication styles are decisive in functionality & involve an analytical-type of sharing
    Last edited by Stray Cat; 02-14-2022 at 12:06 AM.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the hypothesis is, EII-Fi would prefer Te-subtypes in general over Si-subtypes. I made this particular thread with the option of Mirage or Activity with the idea that those two types are your typical kick-back, enjoy-each-other’s-company relations, to see which one people were more comfortable with based on individual experience. I did not include semi-dual as an option because semi-dual is often a more serious, intense relation, but for EII-Fi the choice would more fittingly be between SLI-Te and LIE-Te. The reason is, those two types/subtypes have more similar/comparable psychological compatibility with the Fi-subtype than if you were to choose between SLI-Te and ESE-Fe, for example. But since I didn’t include semi-dual in my original post, it left a blank space there. I was also interested to see how important matching on irrational/rational dichotomy is to people - do you prefer a mismatched temperament as long as they’re in your quadra, or are you content with someone whose temperament complements yours even if they aren’t in your quadra?

As the Ne-subtype, I favor the rational echo of Si creative to the point where sometimes even boisterous ESE-Fe is more pleasant company to me than SLIs of either subtype. EII-Fi may not have that preference and be more pleased with the higher energy of SLI-Te, or the EII’s semi-dual LIE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mirage. Activity can be too high-maintenance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12