Thread: Music taste by Quadra and type

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Music taste by Quadra and type

Would be interesting if there is anything thematic amidst the same type.. I know for instance, I like whimsical music, but also powerful upbeat ones, Se suggestive.. I wonder if the suggestive function impacts a large degree of our taste.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trap/Drill, Noise-rock, post-punk, 80s synthpop, misc. 90s alternative, etc. I like heavy percussion, aggressive guitar riffs, catchy melodies and super-sad vocals and lyrical content
    Last edited by Averroes; 07-08-2021 at 01:38 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well personally speaking I like mainstream gay pop music that makes straight male ILIs cringe with disgust. I also like trance a lot.

I prefer upbeat music too. I guess because i'm a spoiled piece of crap who doesn't know true pain but I don't think that's it. Even when I'm really sad and depressed I don't like sad and depressed music... I can like 'bittersweet' though like the song 'Reaching' by Steph Stance. I enjoy that one. It's sad - but still has this sweetness to it.

I like gay dance music too, big Kylie Minogue Fan etc. I can listen to 'Better Than Today' 30 times a day and not get tired of it.

Don't think it's all that Beta-specific, just Bandd-specific. If Kylie isn't EIE it would make me sad though!

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how much musical taste is tied to Sociotype, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Suggestive played a role given my tastes. I absolutely love over the top aggressive, emo, EDM, metal mashups. If it sounds like it was music made to rapidly kill things to in a video game then I'll probably like it. I like most metal at least a little, but mostly I'm in it for the raw aggression and speed. Bonus points for super emo lyrics and a mix of screaming and clean singing.

That being said my tastes are pretty broad, so that isn't ALL I listen to, but if I had to pick something to listen to forever I'd pick something along those lines. Here's a small sampling of what I like:

Anaal Nathrakh - Forward https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmloi1rcres
    The Plot In You - Troll https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg6ESrm-URA
    Bring Me The Horizon / Babymetal - Kingslayer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKyXvNkGQKc
    GRANRODEO - Modern Strange Cowboy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyvpZ5AVcTA
    Fit For A King - Deathgrip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thbUKoahqmg
    Riot - Overkill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8pOVirjGF0

Yes, I know all the gatekeeping metalheads will consider my taste pretty bad. That's fine. I am unashamed lol

Bonus song that doesn't fit in with the others but I love to death:
    Silva - Addict https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulfeM8JGq7s
    Angel is my baby boi and you can't have him!
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dislike almost all lyrics. So, classical, instrumental,... (movies and video games soundtracks mostly). As strange as it may sound, I tolerate lyrics in metal. I like thrash metal and melodeath the most. Metal represents maybe 10% of all music I listen.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

R&B is my Achilles‘ heel.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t really know as much or spend my time listening to as much music as most people on the forum, but the music I listen to tends to be upbeat, happy, not too serious.

TIM
    ILI-HN ?
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaruchJorgell View Post
    I dislike almost all lyrics. So, classical, instrumental,... (movies and video games soundtracks mostly). As strange as it may sound, I tolerate lyrics in metal. I like thrash metal and melodeath the most. Metal represents maybe 10% of all music I listen.
    Quite the opposite for me

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone asked Gulenko a question related to this: whether certain types are more likely to listen to heavy metal music.

I liked his answer because he brought up a few points including influence of age/generation and upbringing. To be honest I'm not sure what Gulenko means by "level of development."

There is no definitive answer, it seems.
    A person with already strong Se could enjoy heavy metal. Potentially you could seek it because it speaks to your unconscious, it makes you feel stronger.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

went through a stage when I was in HS where I bought a ton of a CD’s and listened to a bunch of rock bands... mostly 60’s 70’s and some 80’s and 90’s trying to find exactly what I liked and familiarized myself with the different ones.

things I did/discovered

Led Zeppelin hands down best band.
    my favorite band.

Kurt cobain is depressingly relatable and I listened to the Nevermind album repeatedly

memorized most if not all the Beatles, queen, Aerosmith, songs

bands with best lyrics imo~ Led Zeppelin, Simon & Garfunkel, Pink Floyd, the doors

the 70’s- best music

anymore I really like Cage the Elephant. A lot. Their lyrics particularly. I have a thing for great lyrics

tbh haven’t been listening to much music lately. I’m in a weird funk.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly video game music

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I was 14-16 I really liked the Super Mario RPG boss battle music lol. Still do! It seems funky and Fe valuing?