Thread: LII vs SLI: What Are The Differences?

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post LII vs SLI: What Are The Differences?

I just want to know what the differences are between those types.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    SLI have cat avatars. LII are guys with scraggly beards.

Although there are exceptions. My LII sister doesn't have a beard, and my SLI son, while having a cat, also has a scraggly beard.

LIIs are kids forever. SLI are old when they are born.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Although both descriptors will apply to both types at times, each will normally remain on their respective sides:

LII vs SLI

planner vs observer
    methodological vs reactionary
    idealist vs realist
    naive vs aware
    detached vs interactive
    often blind vs often with tunnel-vision
    hesitant vs avoidant
    doubtful vs convinced
    over-the-horizon vs here-and-now
    consequence vs reward
    research vs practice
    overkill vs sufficient
    perfectionist vs expedient
    solo think vs brainstorm
    adapt information vs adapt thinking
    visionary vs guarded
    strategist vs protectionist

a.k.a. I/O

Seed my wickedness Sanguine Miasma's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLI: sends letter bombs due to broken heart
    LII: hacker on the loose due to convictions
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Although both descriptors will apply to both types at times, each will normally remain on their respective sides:

LII vs SLI

planner vs observer
    methodological vs reactionary
    idealist vs realist
    naive vs aware
    detached vs interactive
    often blind vs often with tunnel-vision
    hesitant vs avoidant
    doubtful vs convinced
    over-the-horizon vs here-and-now
    consequence vs reward
    research vs practice
    overkill vs sufficient
    perfectionist vs expedient
    solo think vs brainstorm
    adapt information vs adapt thinking
    visionary vs guarded
    strategist vs protectionist

a.k.a. I/O
    Do you have a list like that for each type or do you just write them on the fly?
    Because I think reuniting them under a thread would be interesting.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    Do you have a list like that for each type or do you just write them on the fly? ......
    On the fly.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIIs and SLIs have a benefit relationship (LII benefactor, SLI beneficiary). This relationship can work smoothly or very awkwardly. A good childhood friend of mine happens to be my beneficiary. We get along famously, but hey, what do I know.

I couldn't help but notice the CEO at my previous job, who was also my beneficiary (and who hired me directly) was often visibly intimidated by me. Mind you I have one of the lowliest jobs and could hardly be viewed as menacing. Something as simple as a greeting would leave him stymied. Which always struck me as strange, given he's a really impressive executive. Things got better over time, but not really, because there was a lingering feeling he was trying way too hard to impress me.

Everything revolves around extraverted intuition in this relationship. The CEO announced a merger with a larger company, went through the trouble of lobbying the board and his employees, leading them to the brink with new policy handbooks and access cards, only to renege and pull back at the very last minute.

My benefactor is IEI. A childhood friend of mine, who couldn't be any nearer and dearer to me, at times seemed aloof, like my internal world wasn't of much concern to her. Fast-forward to another IEI at the aforementioned company. She couldn't help but make me question my competence. Every interaction felt like high stakes.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

One is less annoying than the other.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some differences in apparent similarities:

Both types can seem lazy/low-energy/work-avoidant. But SLIs seem to me to have different “modes:” a “working” mode and a “relaxed” mode. It seems relatively difficult for them to switch between these states and they may require some sort of ritual to do it. LIIs have a more constant tense energy and don’t mind switching between these states quickly, maybe because they never really throw themselves into either.

Both types can be cynical. LIIs’ cynicism goes a lot deeper in terms of how it affects them. SLIs seem to hold more a view of “well, the world may be dark but I can enjoy myself and find meaning regardless.” Cynical LIIs’ mentality seems to be more along the lines of Ted Kaczynski (probably LSI over LII, but those types are similar in this way). This also seems related to the fact that:

Though both types can be expressively muted, SLIs usually seem to get happier and higher-energy occasionally. LIIs generally have a more consistent outlook and emotional state. LIIs only seem to really get “happy” in terms of their demeanor changing or dropping the “tenseness” or forgetting their concerns when they’re exposed to Fe. At other times they can feel vaguely “content,” but this doesn’t seem to make much difference in terms of their outlook besides motivating them slightly more.

The two are both likely to come off as socially awkward when young. SLIs can outgrow this, but I’ve never seen a male LII of any age who didn’t come off noticeably awkwardly in social situations (women of any type are usually more socially capable, but many LII women also have this problem). Even a couple +65-y/o LIIs I’ve known come off this way.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bio dad is SLI, bro is LII.

LII is always thinking. Always. Always thinking about something, if not everything. This is reflected on their expression. Their eyes are often big and round, even if half-closed. They look level, but not relaxed.

SLI is always existing. Becoming more deeply intertwined with their homeostasis. They might look like they aren’t paying attention to anything around them. Might not make direct eye contact, or might close their eyes while speaking to you.

It’s harder to perceive emotional shifts in LIIs than SLIs. You can often see an SLI becoming physically tense in response to becoming upset, but an LII may give no outward sign of distress before having an outburst - thus, their reactions may come off as sudden or sharp.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 06-24-2021 at 04:00 PM.

TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LIIs really enjoy light-hearted Fe banter. SLIs enjoy more serious and somber Fi discussions. That isn't to say LIIs are frilly clouds with no substance to them and SLIs won't like a light-hearted atmosphere (4D Fe IEE is their dual after all)- but Fe vs. Fi valuing is pretty evident I think. SLIs can often times be so serious and genuine they are really socially awkward, a LII will break the ice more by being witty/charming/Fe-ish.

TIM
    LSI-C
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Imo, from the outside: SLIs, like all sensors, have a much "heavier" presence usually, especially if logics is emphasized. LIIs come off less grounded, for example in their bodies. They respond well to emotional expression and lighthearted banter.
    Last edited by ipbanned; 06-25-2021 at 03:06 PM.
    L'âme a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point

TIM
    IEI-Ti FLVE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLIs are better at surviving and LIIs are more abstract.