Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
The lead is the program within the type structure. But that doesn't mean that we are the lead function. The ego-personality is something else. I can choose to use the lead function, I have a tool that I can use, but I am not the tool.

Jung has finer distinctions than we are used to, and socionics is limited to the technical and lacks a lot of the psychology of how real individuals with types function. Yet people here are interested in the psychology. That's why I suggest people read Jung first.
We'll go in circles arguing this same point. Even if you did use another function, its purpose is to ultimately . serve the lead function in someway. Guessing it's a spectrum & that people are something like 80% their lead but the actual number is arbitrary. Point is, if folk were really honest, any function they engage in is subservient to meet the goals of the lead.

I get your argument. Nobody wants to admit they are their lead. Sounds primitive. Just been my experience that its the lead which ultimately drives a human being's actions. I'm not the authority on this, it's only my take. Believe what you like.