Thread: VI my mother (only photos)

TIM
    IEI-N 5w4 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI my mother (only photos)

I was adopted at infancy so I have never met my birth mother. However, I recently got in contact with her and plan to meet her! I just saw her photos for the first time a few days ago and I can’t help but be curious what her type is. I know just a few photographs is scarce material, but if anyone good at VI thinks they have any idea what her type or quadra or whatever is I’d appreciate a response.

2/6
    B85FFBD3-9C7E-4F8B-8E5B-293CC77C787E.jpeg
    1C39D3A1-3E97-47D3-879A-F6DC57B4E153.jpeg

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliMeat View Post
    Thank you so much for all of these responses! It’s awesome and I appreciate it!
    I figured I would add in some extra pictures. I really wish I wasn’t restricted to 2 images per post.

Extras
    5EBEE564-2CA2-4159-B621-7793D8B1C446.jpeg
    20C8929A-7B38-4DFD-9301-27AE22E901EE.jpeg
    I will be meeting her on June 15th, so I will better be able to judge her type for myself then, and I will report back here soon after if I can type her so we can see who has the best VI skills lol. That, or we’ll learn if I am terrible at typing. For what it’s worth, my brief interactions over text with her so far make me think she is an Ixxj type or at least rational, but my judgment isn’t the best yet. In the meantime, this thread helps me get through this endless spring my mother and I are experiencing right now. Again, thank you for all responses!

Alright, the results have come in and I have to say congrats to @SlytherinPower and @Adam Strange for being able to spot the Ti, I am impressed. I’m finding it extremely unlikely for her to be anything other than LSI. For people who spotted Fe in the pictures, I see what you’re talking about since she seems very capable of making Fe-like expressions but they only last for a moment, and they are not as intense as I would expect from Fe ego. So yeah, I guess pictures can be pretty deceiving.

As for our reunion, it was weird more than anything. The woman is my mother, and even though when I looked into her eyes and saw my very own for the first time in anyone I can call “family”, they belonged to a complete stranger and that is difficult to work with. There was this sense of a deep connection that was severed by the past, and there has been so much lost time. How does one even go about tying such a knot? Trying to establish a relationship will be like two infants learning how to walk for the first time, and that certainly goes for both of us. I’d also mention that I almost completely succumbed to my autistic nature and I became very withdrawn, impassive, and possibly standoffish for the entire visit. I wish I could have mustered up the will to get past my social hindrances, but the whole situation was just too overwhelming for me. I hope someday I can meet her as I am without my autism getting in the way, and I hope she can come to understand how it affects me.
    On another note, it was super strange to me that she doesn’t resemble my adoptive mom, who is an ESE, very much. I have been so used to seeing intense emotional displays and a profound concern for comfort and calling that behavior “motherly”, but my birth-mom is definitely not like that. Instead, I met someone who was more level-headed and authoritative. It was very apparent that she has a strong sense of how things should be and she certainly wasn’t shy about enforcing or taking a stand for those things. In our activities, she was able to delegate responsibility to me and others easily on the fly, and that is relieving to me as I finally had a sense of what I should be doing moment to moment but also a bit out of my comfort zone since I am not used to it. Finally, some good IT-fucking-R for me in my family(families?). The only potential issue is that she seems as stubborn as a damn mule, but that isn’t so bad because she seems like a pretty smart woman who wouldn’t let her stubbornness get out of hand. Hopefully I can get over my personal complications and start acting more like an IEI when we meet again.
    Last edited by DeliMeat; 06-17-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb I*FJ
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How exciting for you! I am glad for your good news. She is a lovely woman! And heroically unselfish in our times, to take her baby to full term when she was unable to raise it. She loved you enough to give you life. You are both so richly blessed because of her.

I don't consider myself an expert at VI, but I can tell you my guesses!

ESFj is my strongest guess. Her very direct look is giving me an E vibe over an I. Also her look and gaze remind me very much of two ESEs I know well, one almost exactly. Also in all the shots, the 5th in particular, she has that smile-shaped smile (the shape of the line between the lips) characteristic of Alphas*, yet she does not have the soft-practical look of ISFp and I do not think she is a T-type.

Other guesses are ESFp or ENFj, though the latter is not a strong guess.

Eliminations for me are all T types, and besides not-SEI, also not IEI, IEE, EII, SEI, ESI.

[I would be interested in any discussion anyone has as to agreements or disagreement with any of my guesses or eliminations].

* that is how Alpha smiles have been described, vs. Beta smiles, which are like curtains opening outward. She doesn't have that Beta smile as described.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFx

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp6w5 so/sx
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks like SEI-Si on those ones ... Kinda sure she's IxSx
    Life is soup. I'm a fork.

IEE-Ne DCNH-C/N

ELVF(sexta ena) - The "poet" - Andersen
    counter-phobic 6w5 2w1 9w1 - the "Good Samaritan" tritype
    "Darkside" So/SX

Retired

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe SEI, but I think xSI. She seems Se-valuing.

˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚ aster's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

something about her pics reminds me of myself. weird.

not so sure from still photos, but she looks like an introverted ethical type to me
    𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓻
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Could be ESI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma SF would be my guess, but idk.

Mentioned
    883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Esi strong first impression

TIM
    SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se ego, maybe ESI-Se.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I see Fe and Ti. The Ti is very obvious in all her pictures, except the one where she's doing Fe.

I think she's LII. She looks like Diana Rigg.

Why do I say LII, when everyone else is calling her an ESI? Because I have dated two LSIs and I think I know Ti, and I have an LII sister, and I'm dating an ESI. This woman is so far from ESI that it's laughable.
    @DeliMeat, when you meet her, look for the clean, pure, unemotional Ti logic. I think you'll find it.

First picture looks LSI.
    Second picture looks SEI.
    Third picture looks LII.
    Fourth picture looks LII.
    Fifth picture looks Fe.
    Sixth picture looks LII going on LSI.

Gestalt = LII.

Disclaimer: Alpha is far from my quadra, so I make mistakes about which is which, but she's Alpha for sure.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-20-2021 at 09:45 PM.

Looking into his gorgeous blue eyes... SlytherinPower's Avatar
    TIM
    SEE-Se-C 738so
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see Fe ego myself.

She gives me possibly Se vibes, but I wouldn't say SEE.

LSI?

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I see Fe and Ti. The Ti is very obvious in all her pictures, except the one where she's doing Fe.

I think she's LII. She looks like Diana Rigg.

Why do I say LII, when everyone else is calling her an ESI? Because I have dated two LSIs and I think I know Ti, and I have an LII sister, and I'm dating an ESI. This woman is so far from ESI that it's laughable.
    @DeliMeat, when you meet her, look for the clean, pure, unemotional Ti logic. I think you'll find it.

First picture looks LSI.
    Second picture looks SEI.
    Third picture looks LII.
    Fourth picture looks LII.
    Fifth picture looks Fe.
    Sixth picture looks LII going on LSI.

Gestalt = LII.

Disclaimer: Alpha is far from my quadra, so I make mistakes about which is which, but she's Alpha for sure.

LIIs don’t wear black leather jackets.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    LIIs don’t wear black leather jackets.
    Lol. Search Google Images for "Diana Rigg, black leather".

My LII sister has a red leather jacket. https://imgur.com/a/7VMluUy

But the woman in the pictures is venturing into LSI territory for some reason. Still, she's not there yet IMO, and is actually still LII.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-20-2021 at 10:54 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange,

Now that you've suggested LII I can see it, but something about her expressions gives me the impression that she's unsure of herself and has a somewhat combative attitude against the world. This doesn't seem to me like an attitude LIIs would generally be likely to consistently maintain. I'm curious if you have any thoughts on that.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    @Adam Strange,

Now that you've suggested LII I can see it, but something about her expressions gives me the impression that she's unsure of herself and has a somewhat combative attitude against the world. This doesn't seem to me like an attitude LIIs would generally be likely to consistently maintain. I'm curious if you have any thoughts on that.
    I think we're seeing the same thing. I said she looks like she's straying into LSI territory. Maybe it's the combativeness that I'm seeing and interpreting as LSI. But at heart, I think she's LII.

As to what might have fostered this attitude, I don't know. We do know that she had a kid and gave it up for adoption. Most women would only do that under duress.

I should add that there's a possibility that she might be extroverted, and that would point towards ESE. But only being around her more would decide that.

You are right about LIIs not generally being unsure of themselves. They may sometimes hate the world and wonder why they aren't getting their just due, but that's different from being unsure of oneself.

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the woman in the pictures is venturing into LSI territory for some reason. Still, she's not there yet IMO, and is actually still LII.
    Your sister’s only wearing that because it’s Christmas. Doesn’t count lol.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Your sister’s only wearing that because it’s Christmas. Doesn’t count lol.
    That was her wedding picture. I've edited out her LSE husband. The guy dresses like an ESE. He dresses better than anyone I know.

I think she decided on the spur of the moment one day to take him up on his standing offer to get married. He put on a suit, and she just wore what she was wearing, and they went down to City Hall to get a license. Look closely at her eyes. She looks a bit crazy in that picture. She might have been that day, IDK.

TIM
    SEI bitch
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was her wedding picture. I've edited out her LSE husband. The guy dresses like an ESE.
    Fine lol. I will not ask why they invited a snowman to their wedding.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She doesn't seem ESE to me because she's too guarded and too hostile. When ESEs get guarded they usually just get quiet and their expressions blank somewhat; it's not so standoffish, and I don't think it's their nature to maintain such an attitude for very long or to adopt it as a lifestyle. But I'm not the ese-meister.

Looking into his gorgeous blue eyes... SlytherinPower's Avatar
    TIM
    SEE-Se-C 738so
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This convo makes me wanna wear my white leather jacket soon.

Mentioned
    883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange,

e6

TIM
    IEI-N 5w4 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much for all of these responses! It’s awesome and I appreciate it!
    I figured I would add in some extra pictures. I really wish I wasn’t restricted to 2 images per post.

Extras
    5EBEE564-2CA2-4159-B621-7793D8B1C446.jpeg
    20C8929A-7B38-4DFD-9301-27AE22E901EE.jpeg

˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚*・༓ ‧͙⁺˚ aster's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-N
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she seems like a beta or gamma introvert, from new pics, imo
    𝓽𝓾𝓶𝓫𝓵𝓻
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ILI? - Ne?
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she has Fe (her eyes seem full of Fe)) and maybe Se. Beta I guess?

TIM
    IEI-N 5w4 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange,

Based on what I know about her so far, her disposition may be justifiable regardless of type. She has been through her fair share of tribulations, I think.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@DeliMeat Is there a video of her that we can see how she moves and talks even if it is short?

scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

mb Se creative
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

TIM
    IEI-N 5w4 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    @DeliMeat Is there a video of her that we can see how she moves and talks even if it is short?
    Unfortunately, no. I realize VI is pretty much pointless without a video, but this thread makes me feel better as I wait to meet her.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, no. I realize VI is pretty much pointless without a video, but this thread makes me feel better as I wait to meet her.
    No delta typings made so far, so no opposite quadra member seems to be waiting you, I hope everything turns out fine.

Disrupting your illusory reality Megatrop's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFP
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was adopted at infancy so I have never met my birth mother. However, I recently got in contact with her and plan to meet her! I just saw her photos for the first time a few days ago and I can’t help but be curious what her type is. I know just a few photographs is scarce material, but if anyone good at VI thinks they have any idea what her type or quadra or whatever is I’d appreciate a response.

2/6
    B85FFBD3-9C7E-4F8B-8E5B-293CC77C787E.jpeg
    1C39D3A1-3E97-47D3-879A-F6DC57B4E153.jpeg

EDIT:

I will be meeting her on June 15th, so I will better be able to judge her type for myself then, and I will report back here soon after if I can type her so we can see who has the best VI skills lol. That, or we’ll learn if I am terrible at typing. For what it’s worth, my brief interactions over text with her so far make me think she is an Ixxj type or at least rational, but my judgment isn’t the best yet. In the meantime, this thread helps me get through this endless spring my mother and I are experiencing right now. Again, thank you for all responses!
    Probably same type as @aster
    self-discovery
    self-development
    optimism
    relationships
    communication
    high ideals

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be meeting her on June 15th, so I will better be able to judge her type for myself then, and I will report back here soon after if I can type her so we can see who has the best VI skills lol.
    Congratulations on meeting your birth-parent!! As much as I've searched still haven't found mine, but that is ok. I would say SEI from the photos, DCNH creative subtype. Let us know how your meeting goes in June.

haikus
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se/Ni valuing maybe?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with the ESI-Se typings

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp imo, but xSI or ESE might also be possible.

She looks like Amy lee. I also get Karlie kloss and Kelly clarkson vibes.
    ''So sanity is acceptance of the appearance and at the same time awareness that what we think we have to accept is never really how things are.''

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast