Thread: Cousin's Type?

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cousin's Type?

In my move from MBTI to Socionics I have been going through and retyping everyone in my family, and I really struggle with one cousin in particular. I find it strange that I struggle to type him so much because he's actually one of the people I am closest to and know the best, but he just has a collection of characteristics which don't seem to easily match a particular type. I'd love your opinion on what he sounds like to you.

I'm sorry but I won't be providing pictures/video of him since I don't have his permission to post those things online.

There is one main point I want to discuss, and that's his intense attention to physical detail. He has an almost superhuman ability to notice details in his environment and he is highly sensitive to them. Noise, crowding, and uncomfortable sensations get to him very quickly. He will often comment about changes to people or places' physical state since he last saw them. He is a very skilled digital painter as well. He churns out sci-fi and fantasy paintings of insane quality regularly and has been winning awards for his art since he was a small child. He has even made several 3D animations and video game assets also of impressive detail (particularly when it comes to lighting, colours, and textures). Before moving to MBTI I interpreted this as Se dominance, but since moving to Socionics I am very confused as to what this is exactly. He doesn't seem to match any of the Se ego types' descriptions when it comes to force. He did break his hand once when he punched his brother in the head, and just in general has thwacked his brother with many a stick growing up, but aside from that he just doesn't really embody the "force" aspect I feel. Am I misunderstanding what Se is in Socionics? I had him typed as ESFP in MBTI, and he is definitely an Fi ego type, but I mostly just wanted opinions on what position you guys think Se is for him
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    In my move from MBTI to Socionics I have been going through and retyping everyone in my family, and I really struggle with one cousin in particular. I find it strange that I struggle to type him so much because he's actually one of the people I am closest to and know the best, but he just has a collection of characteristics which don't seem to easily match a particular type. I'd love your opinion on what he sounds like to you.

I'm sorry but I won't be providing pictures/video of him since I don't have his permission to post those things online.

There is one main point I want to discuss, and that's his intense attention to physical detail. He has an almost superhuman ability to notice details in his environment and he is highly sensitive to them. Noise, crowding, and uncomfortable sensations get to him very quickly. He will often comment about changes to people or places' physical state since he last saw them. He is a very skilled digital painter as well. He churns out sci-fi and fantasy paintings of insane quality regularly and has been winning awards for his art since he was a small child. He has even made several 3D animations and video game assets also of impressive detail (particularly when it comes to lighting, colours, and textures). Before moving to MBTI I interpreted this as Se dominance, but since moving to Socionics I am very confused as to what this is exactly. He doesn't seem to match any of the Se ego types' descriptions when it comes to force. He did break his hand once when he punched his brother in the head, and just in general has thwacked his brother with many a stick growing up, but aside from that he just doesn't really embody the "force" aspect I feel. Am I misunderstanding what Se is in Socionics? I had him typed as ESFP in MBTI, and he is definitely an Fi ego type, but I mostly just wanted opinions on what position you guys think Se is for him
    I associate SLEs with the ability to notice everything in their environments, and they can be excellent artists because they can physically reproduce what they see. Punching one's brother seems pretty SLE, too. However, if you want a second type to compare to, IEE might be a possibility. They often paint, but the best IEE artist that I know is not nearly as good as the best SLE artist that I know.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange
    I'm a little curious why your other type suggestion was IEE rather than SEE. I actually had him temporarily as IEE, but I'm just sort of surprised you also thought that since I feel IEE might be wrong. There's no way he's SLE though. He pretty clearly values Fi-Te rather than Ti-Fe. His Fe is definitely higher dimension, but unvalued. Like he's very good at lifting the mood and bringing a lot of energy to a group when he wants to, but he doesn't seem to really do that unless he feels like it. I think it's really between IEE and SEE and I mostly am just trying to distinguish between those types
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange
    I'm a little curious why your other type suggestion was IEE rather than SEE. I actually had him temporarily as IEE, but I'm just sort of surprised you also thought that since I feel IEE might be wrong. There's no way he's SLE though. He pretty clearly values Fi-Te rather than Ti-Fe. His Fe is definitely higher dimension, but unvalued. Like he's very good at lifting the mood and bringing a lot of energy to a group when he wants to, but he doesn't seem to really do that unless he feels like it. I think it's really between IEE and SEE and I mostly am just trying to distinguish between those types
    If it is between SEE and IEE, I’d vote for IEE. SEEs are Aggressors and are basically “on” all the time. They have a deep need to be seen, and will do whatever it takes to achieve that end. IEEs, on the other hand, are Infantiles and can be “right at you”, as long as they think you will ignore them.

If you come on to an SEE, you will have two people’s feet on the accelerator. If you come on to an IEE, they will hit the brakes.

But my guesses are based only on your descriptions. I can only see part of what you already see.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange Oh okay, I see. Thanks for the help!
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

give him a test

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Si possible? Those types seem usually more perceptive of details like that than Se people.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Is Si possible? Those types seem usually more perceptive of details like that than Se people.
    I was going to say the same. Especially noticing how someone has changed in appearance & all those little things. Si compares more imo. Se is more what's right in front of you at the moment, but I wouldn't say that they really "store" all the information they can see longer term.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think EIE?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My ENFj sister in law is emotional. She’s oh so emotional. She can seem INFP at times though
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html