Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 148

Thread: SEE & being a "serious" Gamma

  1. #1
    SlytherinPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    By the lake
    Posts
    912
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default SEE & being a "serious" Gamma

    irl do SEEs actually come off as being "serious" like the quadra descriptions depict?

  2. #2
    Shazaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lamp
    TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Posts
    13,485
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Somewhat. They are usually really nice and kind but also fit in the harsh Te world in way that I would describe as 'mediocrely adequate.' Or mediocre but in the good way? lol. Cuz of their 2D Te. IEIs are their semi duals so they have a lot of empathy and understanding for IEI not liking Te usually even though they value it themselves.

    They don't mind Fe at all compared to some of the other Fi valuing types but if you piss off a Fi relationship they care about they are more serious/mean. Although even when SEEs are mean they are still kind of 'cute'- in Gulekno's chain they are really just kind of like evolved versions of IEI that actually learned how to be in the real world without throwing up lol. When IEI croaks and our entire ego naturally dies - the hero of our dreams gets re-born as a SEE warrior.

  3. #3
    C-ESI-Se 6w7 sx/sp ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    the center of the universe
    Posts
    15,798
    Mentioned
    909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think after awhile of interacting with ppl you've typed, you get a gestalt for terms like "serious," "decisive," "rational" etc that isn't really captured by direct English translation. The variable transfiguration of all these concepts is a fun thing to add to the online socionics enthusiast party

  4. #4
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Most SEEs are serious about getting and maintaining their own personal freedoms; they seem to enjoy journeys much more than destinations where they often quickly get bored. The other Gamma types may experience restlessness or discontentment with current situations but not nearly to the SEE extent. The ones I've met needed a metaphorical leash for them to be productive. They have valuable attributes but "serious" about other people's expectations wouldn't be one of them unless it was a means for them to break free.

    a.k.a. I/O

  5. #5
    SlytherinPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    By the lake
    Posts
    912
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Most SEEs are serious about getting and maintaining their own personal freedoms; they seem to enjoy journeys much more than destinations where they often quickly get bored. The other Gamma types may experience restlessness or discontentment with current situations but not nearly to the SEE extent. The ones I've met needed a metaphorical leash for them to be productive. They have valuable attributes but "serious" about other people's expectations wouldn't be one of them unless it was a means for them to break free.

    a.k.a. I/O
    I always say I get bored & restless easily & freedom is the one thing that I value the most, so this right here sounds accurate for me.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,334
    Mentioned
    1264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlytherinPower View Post
    irl do SEEs actually come off as being "serious" like the quadra descriptions depict?
    Reinin traits is not normal Socionics but "drafts", except mb static/dynamic trait which Augustinavichiute used seriously. All of them are baseless, anyway.

    It's below average in common, as they prefer to be soft and nice due to Fi. Also they are flexible with P, what with Fi predisposes to compromises.

    Most serious are *STJ types. Which may play to look funny, but it's when they are resting.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    674
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some are more serious and some are more light-hearted.

  8. #8
    End's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Posts
    1,587
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlytherinPower View Post
    irl do SEEs actually come off as being "serious" like the quadra descriptions depict?
    If anyone cared to listen to what they wanted and desired out of life, assuming a lack of other psychological issues like trauma or attachment deficiencies (a key caveat that matters more than this theoretical structure), yes. The SEE is quite serious about their passions and desires, but is usually at a loss as to how to best attain/realize them in what I can only call a "rational" sense. They value freedom, but if you value that above what may be some necessary regimentation or limits you'll encounter frustration.

    This may be a key reason ILI's are their dual relation. You want to achieve/attain X? We can easily tell you how, but you may not (hell probably will not) like it. It likely won't make you many friends, and it'll probably piss off several members within your social circle and cost you friends (possibly even your bestie)... But it'll get you X nigh on guaranteed. How might that harsh and direct method best be mollified and made into a plan that doesn't suffer those major social downsides if not in whole than at least in part? Well, that's where your perspective would come in .

  9. #9
    edgy princess eiemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    a vacuum
    TIM
    no clue
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From my experience, SEEs tend to be quite funny and expressive. However, there is this certain level of ambition in SEEs that can make them seem serious about pursuing their goals.





  10. #10
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North Italy
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    16,615
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you read the definition of merry-serious dichtomy then yes.

    Some SEEs can also be really into all those Fi things like expectations from others, sucking up to your boss, being nice to customers, thinking about what your parents/relatives say, being kinda one of the "joneses" and so on...(ESIs can be like that too, it's the NTs who are kinda indifferent to these themes).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  11. #11
    Alomoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Posts
    817
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You can call them drafts, but all that matters is whether they are true or false. I looked, and they seem as true as the rest of this garbage.

    Keeping up with the Joneses is probably false. The rest is just common sense. And I mean that you are weird for not. Being rude to customers ought to get you fired for example.

    Certainly some people don't, but I would say that those statements are too generic and thus inapplicable to derive what is SEE.

    But yeah, the only thing that is not generic is keeping up with the joneses. Very few people care what other people do, and try to emulate others to compensate for their own subjective inferiority. It is plausible that it happens to be SEE that does it, but who knows. That's probably learned behavior anyways.

    I understand you said some, I'm just saying that of course some do, it's common behavior.

    Anyways, you sound like that guy who gives out fake personality exams and says it's you just to pull the rug out from underneath you.

    The freedom quote. Who here isn't serious about maintaining their personal freedoms? I'll raise my hand. Who else gets bored standing around at their destination? I'll raise my hand. The metaphorical leash bit is interesting, but not clear. I would clarify, are you saying they don't work when expected to? Because I would disagree. They work when able and willing.

    Freedom being the most valuable thing to you tells me not very much, other than you are normal. Decent pick, mine is obscured behind a lack of knowledge of all possible answers.

  12. #12
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,814
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You know how there's this recurring theme you see in books/movies of people losing the magic of childhood, of no longer seeing the wonder in things? It's kinda true of serious quadras even when they're lighthearted, enthusiastic or whatever. They're adults . . . elves and fairies and leprechauns don't exist, and neither do dreams . . . not really, not in the same way. They have "goals" and "aspirations" but tend to see the idealistic quadras as well, too idealistic, and a bit childish in their worldviews, maybe even delusional. The type 7 SEEs are great though, fun, lighthearted, not too "serious" but they still have their pragmatic streak and look a bit askew at overly romantic ideals. IME, ymmv.

  13. #13
    Shazaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lamp
    TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Posts
    13,485
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah the SEEs I know really like my dorky fan fiction and writing. (cuz it gives them their dual seeking function) However in reality they are just Normie and practical like that and work at 2D Te jobs and try to fit in a lot more than I do and keep up with the jones etc. SEEs have told me how much they really like me but they have to keep it more on the DL because they do feel this kind of ... loyalty to serious Fi stuff? Haha.

    Ugh. I should probably make more of an effort to be a Normie person with a regular str8 man job and not some IEI Fantasy freak but.... noooo.

    Still designing my RPG game btw y'all. =D Ahhh it's going to take forever to complete this but maybe I will.

  14. #14
    C-ESI-Se 6w7 sx/sp ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    the center of the universe
    Posts
    15,798
    Mentioned
    909 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    You know how there's this recurring theme you see in books/movies of people losing the magic of childhood, of no longer seeing the wonder in things? It's kinda true of serious quadras even when they're lighthearted, enthusiastic or whatever. They're adults . . . elves and fairies and leprechauns don't exist, and neither do dreams . . . not really, not in the same way. They have "goals" and "aspirations" but tend to see the idealistic quadras as well, too idealistic, and a bit childish in their worldviews, maybe even delusional. The type 7 SEEs are great though, fun, lighthearted, not too "serious" but they still have their pragmatic streak and look a bit askew at overly romantic ideals. IME, ymmv.
    this is such an interesting way of seeing things, and it vibes right, and you generally know what you're talking about, so i'm enjoying this food for thought

  15. #15
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North Italy
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    16,615
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    You can call them drafts, but all that matters is whether they are true or false. I looked, and they seem as true as the rest of this garbage.

    Keeping up with the Joneses is probably false. The rest is just common sense. And I mean that you are weird for not. Being rude to customers ought to get you fired for example.

    Certainly some people don't, but I would say that those statements are too generic and thus inapplicable to derive what is SEE.

    But yeah, the only thing that is not generic is keeping up with the joneses. Very few people care what other people do, and try to emulate others to compensate for their own subjective inferiority. It is plausible that it happens to be SEE that does it, but who knows. That's probably learned behavior anyways.

    I understand you said some, I'm just saying that of course some do, it's common behavior.

    Anyways, you sound like that guy who gives out fake personality exams and says it's you just to pull the rug out from underneath you.

    The freedom quote. Who here isn't serious about maintaining their personal freedoms? I'll raise my hand. Who else gets bored standing around at their destination? I'll raise my hand. The metaphorical leash bit is interesting, but not clear. I would clarify, are you saying they don't work when expected to? Because I would disagree. They work when able and willing.

    Freedom being the most valuable thing to you tells me not very much, other than you are normal. Decent pick, mine is obscured behind a lack of knowledge of all possible answers.
    Just talking about my experience.

    Of course it's in a comparative sense, they care "more than some others".

    Not really interested in your opinion on the matter - I have more experience and very mich likely to be right on this.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  16. #16
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North Italy
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    16,615
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Yeah the SEEs I know really like my dorky fan fiction and writing. (cuz it gives them their dual seeking function) However in reality they are just Normie and practical like that and work at 2D Te jobs and try to fit in a lot more than I do and keep up with the jones etc. SEEs have told me how much they really like me but they have to keep it more on the DL because they do feel this kind of ... loyalty to serious Fi stuff? Haha.

    Ugh. I should probably make more of an effort to be a Normie person with a regular str8 man job and not some IEI Fantasy freak but.... noooo.

    Still designing my RPG game btw y'all. =D Ahhh it's going to take forever to complete this but maybe I will.
    Yeah, that's like that.

    Sometimes the NTs are also a bit too weird for the taste of SFs...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  17. #17
    Shazaam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lamp
    TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Posts
    13,485
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sometimes the NTs are also a bit too weird for the taste of SFs...
    I'm a bit more familiar with LIE/ESI duality I think. SEE/ILI duality feels a lot rarer to me. Dunno how true that is for Gammas though. It seems that SEEs often find ILIs too nerdy/aloof/mean. And ILIs feel like they respect SEEs but also kind of...ignore them. With the Fe polr I don't think they get excited about them much compared to other dual types.

  18. #18
    Alomoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Posts
    817
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fair, I'm just warning that you described literally anyone. Who here doesn't do any of those things? I am SEE, I literally do everything you said, and then some, except for one thing.

    My main issue is there's a major problem with stereotyping people where the stereotype is too generic, and applicable to anyone. However, it gets applied to only a small group of people. Why? Because all the stereotypes are generic and can be applied to anyone, but you can't apply multiple stereotypes to one person. As such, I'd make sure that the stereotype isn't that generic, as you'll get people thinking they're ESFp for no good reason.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

    An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

  19. #19
    Averroes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    817
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fi-SEEs strike me as pretty put together and emotionally subdued
    Last edited by Averroes; 06-28-2021 at 01:37 PM.

  20. #20
    Seed my wickedness Sanguine Miasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Spontaneous Human Combustion
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Posts
    7,380
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    If Te/Fi means serious and they are low in Ni but suggestible it usually means that anysort of pyramid marketing deals or get rich quick is their weak spot (not that they fall for it easily). It kind of condenses their serious attitude in the end.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

  21. #21
    Exodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    8,368
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not really, this isn't good terminology. Some are more serious but I would say they're more "merry" as a rule due to 4D Fe.

  22. #22
    Lycantrope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    If Te/Fi means serious and they are low in Ni but suggestible it usually means that anysort of pyramid marketing deals or get rich quick is their weak spot (not that they fall for it easily). It kind of condenses their serious attitude in the end.
    The thing with SEE is they are all about people impression and status, but that weak Ni makes them eerie about stuff like ghosts, interest in occult or spiritual, etc. They are suggestible in these realms, they will sorta believe you right away in my experience.

  23. #23
    Xima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    TIM
    Fe
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Okay I've been reflecting about it today and I would be curious to know if other SEE feel the same way. If not, then I'm maybe not SEE! (beware: if I want people to (re)type me which is currently not the case, I'll create a specific thread in that regard.)

    In a professional setting, I'll remain friendly and sociable for sure, but in a more serious, almost cold, manner. At least at first.
    Indeed, upon meeting someone new, for instance a client or co-worker, I like the exchanges to be serious in true Gamma fashion.
    I like to keep it that way for some time. How long can depend on the situation, who I have in front of me, my mood at that exact moment, etc.
    Excessive familiarity will make me rather incomfortable. I bet I've already been labelled by some alphas/betas as an introvert because of that!

    This "serious" demeanor does clash with more informal/intimate settings where my typical ESFPness (entertaining, flexible-maneuvering temperament) reveals itself!
    It will also reveal itself once the relation is well established and if there is a mutual appreciation, that is.
    I tend to act like myself more easily and faster with other gammas too.
    Last edited by Xima; 08-30-2021 at 03:15 PM.

  24. #24
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    15,130
    Mentioned
    1458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Xima, I’m not an SEE but the behavior you described could describe an SEE. Certainly, nothing contradicts that type.

  25. #25
    The Darling Duck~ MissDucki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    In a dark room somewhere
    Posts
    1,600
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My SEE sister always seems so serious to me. She’s doesn’t find me funny and holds a lot more stronger views then I thought. The funny thing is the roles were reversed when we were younger. I was more serious, she was more chill. She always seems to have a more stern and “over it” look when she’s at home. She is “funny” and wild but I don’t really see that most of the time. She works a lot so her main focus tends to be on money atm lol

  26. #26
    The Morning Star EUDAEMONIUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    gone
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,111
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xima View Post
    Okay I've been reflecting about it today and I would be curious to know if other SEE feel the same way. If not, then I'm maybe not SEE! (beware: if I want people to (re)type me which is currently not the case, I'll create a specific thread in that regard.)

    In a professional setting, I'll remain friendly and sociable for sure, but in a more serious, almost cold, manner. At least at first.
    Indeed, upon meeting someone new, for instance a client or co-worker, I like the exchanges to be serious in true Gamma fashion.
    I like to keep it that way for some time. How long can depend on the situation, who I have in front of me, my mood at that exact moment, etc.
    Excessive familiarity will make me rather incomfortable. I bet I've already been labelled by some alphas/betas as an introvert because of that!

    This "serious" demeanor does clashes with more informal/intimate settings where my typical ESFPness (entertaining, flexible-maneuvering temperament) reveals itself!
    It will also reveal itself once the relation is well established and if there is a mutual appreciation, that is.
    I tend to act like myself more easily and faster with other gammas too.
    I was always doubtful I was an SEE because of things like this. I cannot stand inappropriate familiarity, it really gets bothers me.

    It sounds mean, but if I don't know you, don't just walk up to me and talk to me like you know me. We are not friends.

    Its funny because I always attributed that to democratic types.

    I act serious at work, that's how everyone does so I do that. I interact with deltas and gammas frequently and have no problem talking to them.

    But something about all this seems soul crushing, I hate the business world, I hate boring meetings, I hate everything being about money.

    I would imagine SEEs are all about making money and they act very professional.

    I always imagined Don Draper to be an SEE. Very calm and serious, but very charming.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

    The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

  27. #27
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    15,130
    Mentioned
    1458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I was always doubtful I was an SEE because of things like this. I cannot stand inappropriate familiarity, it really gets bothers me.

    It sounds mean, but if I don't know you, don't just walk up to me and talk to me like you know me. We are not friends.

    Its funny because I always attributed that to democratic types.

    I act serious at work, that's how everyone does so I do that. I interact with deltas and gammas frequently and have no problem talking to them.

    But something about all this seems soul crushing, I hate the business world, I hate boring meetings, I hate everything being about money.

    I would imagine SEEs are all about making money and they act very professional.

    I always imagined Don Draper to be an SEE. Very calm and serious, but very charming.
    @Eudaimonia, you seem very EIE to me.

    If you read science fiction, you might relate to Alexei Panshin's Anthony Villiers series of novels, Star Well, The Thurb Revolution, and Masque World.

    http://www.sf-encyclopedia.com/entry/panshin_alexei

  28. #28
    Moderator myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,672
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One SEE coworker got a feedback to be more serious at workplace. I wouldn't say they are generally informal but they are informal compared to T types due to combination of emotive F and EP temperament.

    You can recognize that SEEs are serious when they talk about relationships, however, only if they are serious about it ofcourse.

  29. #29
    The Morning Star EUDAEMONIUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    gone
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,111
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    One SEE coworker got a feedback to be more serious at workplace. I wouldn't say they are generally informal but they are informal compared to T types due to combination of emotive F and EP temperament.

    You can recognize that SEEs are serious when they talk about relationships, however, only if they are serious about it ofcourse.

    How did they take this? What did they mean about being more serious?

    I worked with an IEE and they got a similar review, he took it so badly. He stopped caring completely and acted very passive aggressive. He acted like a clown though, and he didn't do his job.

    He was more worried about talking to his friends away from his desk.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

    The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

  30. #30
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    15,130
    Mentioned
    1458 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    How did they take this? What did they mean about being more serious?

    I worked with an IEE and they got a similar review, he took it so badly. He stopped caring completely and acted very passive aggressive. He acted like a clown though, and he didn't do his job.

    He was more worried about talking to his friends away from his desk.

    IEEs really should all be summer camp counselors. Some can be kindergarten assistant teachers, but that requires some discipline.

  31. #31
    Moderator myresearch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    1,672
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    How did they take this? What did they mean about being more serious?

    I worked with an IEE and they got a similar review, he took it so badly. He stopped caring completely and acted very passive aggressive. He acted like a clown though, and he didn't do his job.

    He was more worried about talking to his friends away from his desk.
    She was well liked, got good score in terms of work performance, so she was ok with it. This was her negative feedback, most people get at least one negative feedback. She told this with the tone of can you believe this shit??!? Our director was SLI. She said does he want me to be like him??

    I worked with her a lot. Some xEEs mood can change a lot in extreme ways. She was generally loud, bold and entertaining, however, there were times that she was moody and cruel, in those times that her whole new assigned team hated her and made a shitty job on purpose Her performance got affected badly more in those times, because she is good at managing people when she is in a good mood, she know who to assign what, who can control what other person does etc. However, when she is at bad mood, when she couldn't control people, she caused passive aggresive rebel, made her team against her


    I think IEEs lose their motivation so much more easily than SEEs and other types. You have to praise them to keep their motivation high. In my current workplace, there is SLE in other department, he has bad beef with our manager. So he sometimes point out that the work our department has done isn't enough to change the perception of people, it is just a manipulation. IEE stops working. I do some work that get recognized. IEE stops working. She is having an affair with our manager, if she works just a little bit, he would do his best to carry her to the top, but she does nothing

  32. #32
    The Morning Star EUDAEMONIUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    gone
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,111
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    I worked with her a lot. Some xEEs mood can change a lot in extreme ways. She was generally loud, bold and entertaining, however, there were times that she was moody and cruel,
    Hmm...I can't imagine what that must be like...




    I think IEEs lose their motivation so much more easily than SEEs and other types. You have to praise them to keep their motivation high. In my current workplace, there is SLE in other department, he has bad beef with our manager. So he sometimes point out that the work our department has done isn't enough to change the perception of people, it is just a manipulation. IEE stops working. I do some work that get recognized. IEE stops working. She is having an affair with our manager, if she works just a little bit, he would do his best to carry her to the top, but she does nothing

    This job I was talking about earlier with the IEE, was like that. I do the same thing. Our manager was so demanding and manipulative, the other members loved her and thought she was so sweet, I couldn't stand her. She would always treat me differently from everyone else no matter how nice I was to her, I always thought it was because she wasn't personally involved in my hiring. Everyone else in the office had a problem with the lady though, we were just the unlucky ones to work under her.

    We would work 60-80 hours and they would just ask for more. The IEE was technically above me, which I found humiliating because he was such an idiot (welcome to the real world lol) but he had to work way longer hours than me. Very little appreciation for going above and beyond, it was just expected.

    When I realized there was no future there I started looking for jobs and not doing anything. I left and when I told her I accepted another position she was livid and acted even more cold.

    Edit: My point was that I understand the IEE and SEE in your story. I would feel and behave similarly.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

    The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

  33. #33
    Xima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    TIM
    Fe
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    She was well liked, got good score in terms of work performance, so she was ok with it. This was her negative feedback, most people get at least one negative feedback. She told this with the tone of can you believe this shit??!? Our director was SLI. She said does he want me to be like him??

    I worked with her a lot. Some xEEs mood can change a lot in extreme ways. She was generally loud, bold and entertaining, however, there were times that she was moody and cruel, in those times that her whole new assigned team hated her and made a shitty job on purpose Her performance got affected badly more in those times, because she is good at managing people when she is in a good mood, she know who to assign what, who can control what other person does etc. However, when she is at bad mood, when she couldn't control people, she caused passive aggresive rebel, made her team against her

    I do relate to that.
    I would say my relations with my colleagues tend to go through ups and downs, probably bigger than I realize.
    According to my mood or how I feel about them during a certain period of time, my colleagues will either like me/find me entertaining or truly dislike me. This is not just at work, in my personnal life, too. Then I try to "win them over" again (I like to think I am fairly good at it) and the cycle is repeated....
    I hate it, and I'm working on having more stable relations (work in progress). My relations with other gammas, especially gamma rationnals, is usually a bit more stable, but not that much.

    Although my relations with my colleagues are definitely impacted, I don't think it impacts my work as much or I don't realize it. Also, this only applies with my colleagues or everyday relations. I'm more polished and charming with my clients, while remaining "serious" and professional.

  34. #34
    Scarlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    I can't believe I actually thought I was an SEE once!



    After reading this thread, I can confirm with certaintly that I am not an SEE, and am confused as to how I even entertained that as an option.

    Maybe because I was kind of friendly at the start, but I attribute that to Fe HA mainly.

    Dead?
    I think the first time I joined this forum and saw your posts, I already told you that you sound very Ti/Fe and thought you're an ESTP or SLE.

    Told you so

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LIE
    Posts
    754
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Dead?
    I think the first time I joined this forum and saw your posts, I already told you that you sound very Ti/Fe and thought you're an ESTP or SLE.

    Told you so
    Yeah, of course. In MBTI I am eSTP.

    I have no idea why I thought "Gamma". The more I looked into it, the less it made sense.

    I know the functions are different in both systems. Weird how they match, basically.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    TIM
    Juke Skywalker
    Posts
    447
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    I can't believe I actually thought I was an SEE once!



    After reading this thread, I can confirm with certaintly that I am not an SEE, and am confused as to how I even entertained that as an option.

    Maybe because I was kind of friendly at the start, but I attribute that to Fe HA mainly.
    My SLE dad is a very friendly guy..... he definitely reacts to situations like an SLE though..... I think the FE valuing comes into play there like you say....

  37. #37
    The Morning Star EUDAEMONIUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    gone
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,111
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am not 100% sure I've actually met an SEE or just a really pushy ESE.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

    The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    TIM
    XSI-Ji 146w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    632
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SEE are actually kind of playful or if they're serious they often do it in a stylish way. Playfulness is a good thing, what I like about them.
    I'm not only psychologically disturbed, I'm also QueeferSutherlandJeffersonianSecessionist87@sucksd ick.com


  39. #39
    Scarlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    At work? Compare to other types like SLE or ILE? Yes.

    Compare to me, an LIE, I'm naturally good in my job, but I kinda have fun with it. I don't sit around and don't generally relax, but it doesn't feel like I put in that much work, because to me it's kinda like my playtime.
    Whereas my SEE colleague she always seems so serious when working. Seems like she's being careful not to mess things up. And when something's wrong, she could really take it personally, she could get scared, stressed, etc. I tend to get more calm the worse things get.

    So in work mode, yes, they come off as being serious.

  40. #40
    Scarlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    TIM
    ENTJ-Ni 8w9 835 SpSx
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xima View Post
    Okay I've been reflecting about it today and I would be curious to know if other SEE feel the same way. If not, then I'm maybe not SEE! (beware: if I want people to (re)type me which is currently not the case, I'll create a specific thread in that regard.)

    In a professional setting, I'll remain friendly and sociable for sure, but in a more serious, almost cold, manner. At least at first.
    Indeed, upon meeting someone new, for instance a client or co-worker, I like the exchanges to be serious in true Gamma fashion.
    I like to keep it that way for some time. How long can depend on the situation, who I have in front of me, my mood at that exact moment, etc.
    Excessive familiarity will make me rather incomfortable. I bet I've already been labelled by some alphas/betas as an introvert because of that!

    This "serious" demeanor does clash with more informal/intimate settings where my typical ESFPness (entertaining, flexible-maneuvering temperament) reveals itself!
    It will also reveal itself once the relation is well established and if there is a mutual appreciation, that is.
    I tend to act like myself more easily and faster with other gammas too.
    This sounds like my SEE colleague!
    She seems so serious in a professional setting, but in a more informal setting she is very playful and entertaining.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    My SEE sister always seems so serious to me. She’s doesn’t find me funny and holds a lot more stronger views then I thought. The funny thing is the roles were reversed when we were younger. I was more serious, she was more chill. She always seems to have a more stern and “over it” look when she’s at home. She is “funny” and wild but I don’t really see that most of the time. She works a lot so her main focus tends to be on money atm lol
    We tend to use our first and second function when we were younger, SEEs are all about Se-Fi when they're young, that's why they're more chill.
    Now in mid 20s-30s they're trying to use Te a lot.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    I was always doubtful I was an SEE because of things like this. I cannot stand inappropriate familiarity, it really gets bothers me.

    It sounds mean, but if I don't know you, don't just walk up to me and talk to me like you know me. We are not friends.

    Its funny because I always attributed that to democratic types.

    I act serious at work, that's how everyone does so I do that. I interact with deltas and gammas frequently and have no problem talking to them.

    But something about all this seems soul crushing, I hate the business world, I hate boring meetings, I hate everything being about money.

    I would imagine SEEs are all about making money and they act very professional.

    I always imagined Don Draper to be an SEE. Very calm and serious, but very charming.
    The bold ones: My IEI friend used to say that.
    I absolutely love getting to know new people, as long as they're interesting and there's something I can learn from them or I can use for connection in the near future, why not. I don't like saying we're friends though, not interested in getting too personal.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •