i'm generally not interested in reading long-winded posts with someone's third person account of someone to type. but i this guy is just too much of a character and i feel a little bit excused about needing to talk and get it out of my system.

my IEI ex's long-term friend. he works full-time (ie whenever he wants to) as a tree-trimmer and he just freelances on his own terms with a chainsaw and he nonchalantly hangs from branches with his knees waving blades and gets things done. i don't know a lot about his financial situation but he doesn't have a mortgage because he inherited his parents house. and he occasionally rents and/or donates it out to people who need it, but often they have reasons for being in need that causes issues with him keeping them in the house. and he sometimes has issues with the house because the city doesn't like it that he doesn't really maintain his yard or keep up with things. i brought him up before on this forum in random thoughts and somebody suggested SLE, which i thought made a lot of sense, mainly having heard about him from my IEI ex.

lately i've been spending more time around him and i've played ping-pong with him a couple times, and SLE isn't out of the question, but he would be *extremely* unconventional. i don't know what else to consider, other than ILE. i don't have any issue with him. i'm quite charmed, BUT i don't really know what to make of him, i see him as a bit of an enigma. which works with him being my conflictor. but also works with him being quite odd. but hey, that would make sense for an ILE anyway, right? there's absolutely no sense that he might be an LIE or duality confusion, or anything of that sort whatsoever. i guess if i had to characterize our interactions, it would be a description of people ambiently enjoying the Fe breeze, pretty genuinely, if from from a clearly distant perspective.

tonight i went down to play ping-pong with him and my ex and he sat for a moment to adjust himself in a small childrens classroom plastic chair.
(it was a chair that he had brought into our basement after finding it in a random dumpster on the way to our place. he occasionally brings things of that sort.)
(he always bikes about 10? city miles to visit for a couple hours and then bikes back)
(he broke his pelvis when he was hit by a car biking recently and he pushed his luck a bit while he was out of service and still championed through)

anyway, after getting up to hit the ping pong ball with me, he stayed in the tiny chair while he did so. he grunted like he was physically uncomfortable, as he usually does (i more often hear it from upstairs). i believe his discomfort at the time i hear it, because it matches his presence. he's not a man who displays his fitness. he looks like a man who would take things from random dumpsters and keep random transients in his unkempt house. he's balding with uncut hair and wearing unkempt clothing. but he grunts like he's out of shape - why? it isn't until i sit down and think about him that i think, wait....he's obviously a fit man. wtf?

sorry for weirdness, but i feel entirely comfortable around him and always have, because he vibes very blatantly as genuinely asexual. he doesn't say anything about such things. not hooked into that whole brand of "weirdness" whatsoever.

he joked about being in the chair because he was in the wheelchair ping-pong championships. he confidently played from the little chair with IEI and i doubled on the other side, and did just fine trading left-right to play us both (but has been playing ping pong for decades longer than me lol).

what else? i often hear about him in reference to love for a thrift store that offers a price per bag

pls respond thank u!!!!!