Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What motivates you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

contempt for the common man, wanting to do things in a way that simultaneously makes no sense but makes perfect sense for me. am I e4 yet?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    thanks. Ohh well I haven’t really thought about it in a while. I know some people get into socionics for the duality aspect, but my husband and I have been together for 18 years. My pull here was mainly an interest in people’s personalities. If I’m going to be honest, I’ve always gotten along with most people. you could plop me about anywhere and I’d manage to get along with people and try to play peacemaker between them, or just keep to myself. when you are like this, it’s a bit hard to use socionics intertype, imo. Also, I don’t think I’m all that neurotypical (I’ve been diagnosed with MDD, OCD, GAD, & ADHD). In some ways I seem rational and some way I don’t At this point, I think the biggest thing I’m getting from all this is understanding my kids (whose personalities are all pretty different) better, values, and who they may have the best relationships with, in a logical opposed to ethical light. It’s just a different way of looking at things that interests me. After I consulted Gulenko, and he gave me a type, I haven’t really thought too much on it tbh, I mainly just get on here and post from the heart and throw the type he gave me in the mix, if the situation calls for it lol I do also use it with IR trying to figure out other people’s types and honestly, depending on perception, I think someone could make an argument for me being any of the introverted ethical types. So idk. Lol what did you think seemed EII about it? You don’t have to elaborate if it’s not a thing you can put into words, because I get that. Just curious.

And I guess as for the sedating, I’ve figured out how to survive. It’s a personal survival mechanism. I think it may be a common one. I’m not really bothered by it. As long as I feel a pull of curiosity or drive towards things that generally interest me, I think I’m ok. It’s if I don’t, and become untethered into nothingness, that I would find myself SOL , and that scares me more than anything. And I feel that’s what the very bottom of depression would be like.
    Gulenko seems to type everyone Beta, lol. Anyway, I’m not claiming to definitely know your type, but the way you try to seriously present all your feelings at once, especially in a “jumbled” way, seems more characteristic to me of Fi than Fe. If IEIs describe their feelings there tends to be more structure in it, as if they’re telling a story. What they remember and include of their feelings also seems to depend more on their mood, and so certain feelings might be exaggerated or diminished in their telling to better fit the “story.” There also tends to be more of a tendency to dramatize them.

I got the impression from your earlier post you were feeling less and less curious. Do you think that’s a trend that will continue? I would guess that your fading of curiosity was a result of that sedation. Does that seem possible?

Re. your kids, would you be able to give examples of how you’re coming to understand them better?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Gulenko seems to type everyone Beta, lol. Anyway, I’m not claiming to definitely know your type, but the way you try to seriously present all your feelings at once, especially in a “jumbled” way, seems more characteristic to me of Fi than Fe. If IEIs describe their feelings there tends to be more structure in it, as if they’re telling a story. What they remember and include of their feelings also seems to depend more on their mood, and so certain feelings might be exaggerated or diminished in their telling to better fit the “story.” There also tends to be more of a tendency to dramatize them.

I got the impression from your earlier post you were feeling less and less curious. Do you think that’s a trend that will continue? I would guess that your fading of curiosity was a result of that sedation. Does that seem possible?

Re. your kids, would you be able to give examples of how you’re coming to understand them better?
    lol well I see what you mean. if I’m going to be honest, I’m a shit story teller, imo. I always have other people tell the stories because they do a lot better job than me, I tend to wonder off here and there and people are like, would you get to the point? lol. it’s a good idea generator when you happen to be like this, but it tends to confuse people, including myself... I’m fairly certain it’s why I struggle to get anything done

yeah, I’m not very ‘dramatic’ I suppose, that is true. I think I have pretty good outer control. But I tend to internalize everything. Which is a bit of nightmare. It all comes down to me being a bit of a control freak, I think.

As for the progression of becoming less curious...I think in my case I’m really overwhelmed. I think when you stay in a negative state too long, it can have a lasting affect, and be harder to pull yourself out of. In a way, I’ve been getting better I think. But that’s only after drastic measures to stop it. If not for those, I think I could have progressed downwards. I think for now. I’ve evened it out, and perhaps elevated it a bit. So no, I don’t think it’s exactly a downward path, but it could have been.

re kids. Well I think in my own way I understand them fine. My 9 year old daughter is a little harder for me to understand. She’s very different from me. In a way I’m a bit fascinated lol. But what I mean is socionics gives a different lens, a colder approach to my own, how to view things. So I suppose it shows how to understand it in a different light, that gab be helpful when I’m a bit blinded by my own emotions.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12