Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Temperaments: Ep, Ej, Ij, Ip

  1. #1
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Temperaments: Ep, Ej, Ij, Ip

    I've made no secret I'm not attached to my activity, ENFj. They're cool I just find the temperament kinda incompatible. Also got INFp & ISFp friends who have intraquadra relations with those with the Ij temperament. They experience difficulties. I'm guessing it's ultimately related to temperament. What's y'alls experience, even within same quadra?

  2. #2
    MindFreak420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    TIM
    SEI-Fe 9w1
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Unsurprisingly, I have the most trouble with EJ temperaments even ESEs. They’re just go go go and i cant/refuse to always keep up with that.

    IJ temperaments I don’t mind at all but I think they kinda make me insecure because they’re so steady, move perfectly and can keep moving like the EJs lol. Not as intensely tho.

    I loved almost every EP temperament I’ve come across, they’re a refreshing breath of air and I don’t have much experience with IPs except ILIs who are chill.

  3. #3
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindFreak420 View Post
    Unsurprisingly, I have the most trouble with EJ temperaments even ESEs. They’re just go go go and i cant/refuse to always keep up with that.

    IJ temperaments I don’t mind at all but I think they kinda make me insecure because they’re so steady, move perfectly and can keep moving like the EJs lol. Not as intensely tho.

    I loved almost every EP temperament I’ve come across, they’re a refreshing breath of air and I don’t have much experience with IPs except ILIs who are chill.
    Well put & useful

    In my experience, Ij temperaments get very "by the book". Working with Ij sometimes I'm like, "relax, dude no need to be wound that tight.". Course it ain't their fault. Just an example of how differing temperaments might interact

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    EII-1Ne
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Being Ij...

    Upon meeting a rational subtype Ej for the first time, they are most likely of all to annoy me immediately. If I get past my initial annoyance, they can become lasting friendships. Irrational subtype Ejs are relaxing and enjoyable to be around for long periods of time.

    Ips are cool. I find them unique and perceptive, and most make good friends. However, after a while they will do something completely unexpected and my rational mind perceives it as a breach of trust instead of curiosity-inducing charm (as would an Ep), and it often leads to conflict/dissolution of the relationship. It often makes me wish I were more irrational, but eventually my ethics snap back like an overstretched rubber band when I ignore them in favor of perceiving functions for too long.

    Most Eps drive me up the wall. We hit it off fast and usually when we find out just how diametrically opposed our life rhythms are, we've gotten too close and the separation is ghastly and culminates in mutual resentment. This has been the case with IEE and SLE especially, likely because they are negativists and more inclined to focus on our irreconcilable differences - whereas SEE and ILE try to minimize them and emphasize the promising aspects of our interaction. Overall, I think Eps bring a needed sense of novelty to the world - they just need an Ip to support them in that, and I am not equipped to do so.

    I love Ijs. Unhealthy ones can be a true nightmare, but with healthy ones there is mutual regard and a comforting sense of commonality that allows us to be understanding towards one another's quirks even when we have conflict.
    Last edited by PinKDiGiT18; 05-14-2021 at 03:25 AM.

  5. #5
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    Being Ij...

    Upon meeting a rational subtype Ej for the first time, they are most likely of all to annoy me immediately. If I get past my initial annoyance, they can become lasting friendships. Irrational subtype Ejs are relaxing and enjoyable to be around for long periods of time.

    Ips are cool. I find them unique and perceptive, and most make good friends. However, after a while they will do something completely unexpected and my rational mind perceives it as a breach of trust instead of curiosity-inducing charm (as would an Ep), and it often leads to conflict/dissolution of the relationship. It often makes me wish I were more irrational, but eventually my ethics snap back like an overstretched rubber band when I ignore them in favor of perceiving functions for too long.

    Most Eps drive me up the wall. We hit it off fast and usually when we find out just how diametrically opposed our life rhythms are, we've gotten too close and the separation is ghastly and culminates in mutual resentment. This has been the case with IEE and SLE especially, likely because they are negativists and more inclined to focus on our irreconcilable differences - whereas SEE and ILE try to minimize them and emphasize the promising aspects of our interaction. Overall, I think Eps bring a needed sense of novelty to the world - they just need an Ip to support them in that, and I am not equipped to do so.

    I love Ijs. Unhealthy ones can be a true nightmare, but with healthy ones there is mutual regard and a comforting sense of commonality that allows us to be understanding towards one another's quirks even when we have conflict.
    Good points. Being an EP, I can appreciate the criticism in this thread. Seems genuine to me.

    Pinkdigit described the interaction between temperaments over time. Interesting. Psychological distance is a real thing. People might wear a mask or "go with the flow" to adjust socially. Basically the closer two people get, the more their true personality allows itself to make an impression. My take, anyway

  6. #6
    fox spirit flowers and sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Stairway to Heaven
    TIM
    Sniffing flower type
    Posts
    272
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see three kinds of Ej.
    The first reminds me of cracked earth from driness, geysers, and volcanoes erruptions. Those are the unhealthy ones and won't be discussing here.
    The second are red. Red paint on a wall, all reds are possible, red brick too sometimes, the meterial bricks that are red. Those are the rational to balanced ones. They are okay people, I tend to like them from afar much more than close up. Trying to have a lasting relationships with them means giving them control over too many things I don't want being controled by exterior parties. They are great if needed, but tend to act as if needed even when not needed and that's weird to me.
    The third kind are fluffy. They are the irrational subtypes. I don't know much about them yet so I don't have anything to say here.

    Ep are like the wind. The unhealthy ones are tornadoes that destroy all in their wake. Let's leave them out too.
    They are either sharper or more breezy depending on subtype. Their worst traits are to me like the wind displacing objects in their wake, a little annoying but easy to deal with in general, unless you're trying to keep a feather in strong winds. I tend to see them as a nice refreshing breeze in summer, and even the sharp cold gusts of winter tend to make me smile. They move stuff, makes things seem alive, agitates leaves, throw away the dust. It can get tiring, but they are more chill about not being needed so it goes easier and feels more natural to take time away and get back in touch.

    Ij seem bland and sharp to me, bland because of the lack of extroversion and sharp because of judging function. The more rational, the sharper. I tend to feel confused around them and we grow apart easily. I'd say they remind me of geometrical forms, can be colorful and fun.

    Ip are also bland but softer. I don't click with them much. I can like them for their perceptions but beyond that, there's nothing to make us stick together. Their inner world is rich and fascinating, shimmery. They are more squiggly lines or blurred lines, and glitters.

  7. #7
    The Banana King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    TIM
    ILE-Ti-H FLEV
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, activity relations are no good imo. But depending on subtypes either pseudo-duality or pseudo-benefit can occur which can improve or worsen relations. I get along better with irrational subtype EJ in general. But most EJ I find annoying with all that tension and excess energy.

    I get along well with EP, except too strong irrational ones lol. ILE-Ti and ILE-Ne are like night and day. I don't have any complaints about SEE even though they're my super ego. Maybe they confuse me with ILI lol. Irrational EPs have so much energy that they're the ones dragging me around

    With IJ I get along fine except EII and ESI for obvious reasons lol. Works better with irrational subtypes. I've had quite a few LII-Ne and even EII-Ne friends at school. Mostly cause Ne egos were the outcasts so we had to look out for each other lol

    Then with IP I get along even with ILI. My closest friend is SLI-Si. Works better with rational subtypes. Irrational subtypes are too relaxed and sluggish imo, they never really want to do anything. Rational subtypes are easier to get moving and generally receptive to my random activity ideas lol

    My problem with EJ is that they are so planned and undeliberate that you can never tell them "hey wanna hang out today" and expect them to say yes. Everything they do needs to be scheduled days in advance and by that time I'm interested in doing something else. With IP it's more like "hey wanna hang out?" "sure" "ok, be there in 5" and that's it, no scheduling or excuses.

  8. #8
    Looking into his gorgeous blue eyes... SlytherinPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    At the gym
    TIM
    SEE-Se-C 738so
    Posts
    740
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As in relationships or friendships?

    Out of people I'm friends with (thru high school, college, & currently) their types have been IEE, SEE, ESE, EIE, ILI, IEI, & SEI. I get along with almost everyone tho besides some rare introverts that seem to just be bothered by my existence & nothing else. I can't quite place their type tho. Also I told off 2 xSE (I wanna say LSEs more likely) bosses in the past for being just over the top, ridiculously rude. One of their crazy asses really had the nerve to have a full attitude with me over nothing while saying with a huge, fake smile "I neeeeever yelled at you. Do I look like I'm yelling?" Like nahhhh but you look psychotic. Lmfao I got along the best with my former LIE boss tho. He was awesome.
    Last edited by SlytherinPower; 05-14-2021 at 11:49 PM.

  9. #9
    Stray Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    Yeah, activity relations are no good imo. But depending on subtypes either pseudo-duality or pseudo-benefit can occur which can improve or worsen relations. I get along better with irrational subtype EJ in general. But most EJ I find annoying with all that tension and excess energy.

    I get along well with EP, except too strong irrational ones lol. ILE-Ti and ILE-Ne are like night and day. I don't have any complaints about SEE even though they're my super ego. Maybe they confuse me with ILI lol. Irrational EPs have so much energy that they're the ones dragging me around

    With IJ I get along fine except EII and ESI for obvious reasons lol. Works better with irrational subtypes. I've had quite a few LII-Ne and even EII-Ne friends at school. Mostly cause Ne egos were the outcasts so we had to look out for each other lol

    Then with IP I get along even with ILI. My closest friend is SLI-Si. Works better with rational subtypes. Irrational subtypes are too relaxed and sluggish imo, they never really want to do anything. Rational subtypes are easier to get moving and generally receptive to my random activity ideas lol

    My problem with EJ is that they are so planned and undeliberate that you can never tell them "hey wanna hang out today" and expect them to say yes. Everything they do needs to be scheduled days in advance and by that time I'm interested in doing something else. With IP it's more like "hey wanna hang out?" "sure" "ok, be there in 5" and that's it, no scheduling or excuses.
    Yeah, subtypes are a thing. Not a fan of folk leaning too heavy on one function. Even with an inert subtype like SLI-Si, it be a shame of they suppressed their Te creative.

    Good that you know what you freaking like though. No doubt

    Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    I see three kinds of Ej.
    The first reminds me of cracked earth from driness, geysers, and volcanoes erruptions. Those are the unhealthy ones and won't be discussing here.
    The second are red. Red paint on a wall, all reds are possible, red brick too sometimes, the meterial bricks that are red. Those are the rational to balanced ones. They are okay people, I tend to like them from afar much more than close up. Trying to have a lasting relationships with them means giving them control over too many things I don't want being controled by exterior parties. They are great if needed, but tend to act as if needed even when not needed and that's weird to me.
    The third kind are fluffy. They are the irrational subtypes. I don't know much about them yet so I don't have anything to say here.

    Ep are like the wind. The unhealthy ones are tornadoes that destroy all in their wake. Let's leave them out too.
    They are either sharper or more breezy depending on subtype. Their worst traits are to me like the wind displacing objects in their wake, a little annoying but easy to deal with in general, unless you're trying to keep a feather in strong winds. I tend to see them as a nice refreshing breeze in summer, and even the sharp cold gusts of winter tend to make me smile. They move stuff, makes things seem alive, agitates leaves, throw away the dust. It can get tiring, but they are more chill about not being needed so it goes easier and feels more natural to take time away and get back in touch.

    Ij seem bland and sharp to me, bland because of the lack of extroversion and sharp because of judging function. The more rational, the sharper. I tend to feel confused around them and we grow apart easily. I'd say they remind me of geometrical forms, can be colorful and fun.

    Ip are also bland but softer. I don't click with them much. I can like them for their perceptions but beyond that, there's nothing to make us stick together. Their inner world is rich and fascinating, shimmery. They are more squiggly lines or blurred lines, and glitters.
    Thanks. Enjoyed reading.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlytherinPower View Post
    As in relationships or friendships?

    Out of people I'm friends with (thru high school, college, & currently) their types have been IEE, SEE, ESE, EIE, ILI, IEI, & SEI. I get along with almost everyone tho besides some rare introverts that seem to just be bothered by my existence & nothing else. I can't quite place their type tho. Also I told off 2 xSE (I wanna see LSEs more likely) bosses in the past for being just over the top, ridiculously rude. One of their crazy asses really had the nerve to have a full attitude with me over nothing while saying with a huge, fake smile "I neeeeever yelled at you. Do I look like I'm yelling?" Like nahhhh but you look psychotic. Lmfao I got along the best with my former LIE boss tho. He was awesome.
    Mostly talking about being close with others, in general. Work is a good example of people you see everyday but not necessarily personal with. Your story about your bosses is a decent example of what I was getting at.

  10. #10
    Looking for the gold mine one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Home
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,102
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interaction with EP is heaven, and everything else is just life.
    R

  11. #11
    edgy princess eiemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    a vacuum
    TIM
    no clue
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think that I am most likely Ej temperament. I lack the stable energy levels of an Ij (I tend to have bursts of energy), and I have this task-oriented drive and high energy levels (so Ip is probably inaccurate). I do tend to be pretty focused on my own thoughts, however.

    My relationships with EJs vary, but I get along decently with them. I find that Te leads are more stereotypically Ej than Fe leads.
    virgo sun - aquarius rising - scorpio moon

    oh, nihilism...


  12. #12
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,509
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ij- I am stable, reliable, steady, calm however moody if certain things claim empathy over me like something someone said or did or I said it bothers me (it shouldn’t have gone that way)! I show up to work at the same time consistently and able to put a lot of myself away to be reliable to others.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Posts
    523
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.

  14. #14
    haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I prob generally like Js but I also seem to be drawn to Ps...so idk


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •