Nietzsche's mustache associate him with LSI

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think most philosophers are ILI's (and mb some EIE's).

It is like my go to place when I'm too stressed out for being too constricted - to construct world ending philosophies (yes, that stuff is too easy for me to grasp it and get tangled).
    Need to get hell outta there.

If they look for purposeful application to life it favors dynamic Ni valuing orientation with non vulnerable Te that is subservient to something else this effectively leaves ILI and EIE on the table.

Anyway:
    Nietzsche constructed Übermensch which resembles LSI. EIE.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 05-15-2021 at 10:56 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philosophy major here (and CS as well): philosophy to me is a combination of Ti and Ni: simply layers of abstraction. Western (analytical) philosophy is therefore Ti with Ni and Continental philosophy more Ni with Fi (or maybe NiFe)... I am therefore very good at analytical philosophy and not so great at the Continental variety...
    Last edited by jason_m; 05-15-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking RedVsGold's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philosophy engages the splattering of growth and phases of launching the rocket to count up the progress manifesto towards liberation and enlightenment, to throw down the earthly shackles of clouded perception, and reach out into the infinite, where power beyond measure becomes available.
    Raptor was Lugia through Erling Haaland Riley Halloween in 2023 vs Inter Milan, showing journals of impossible dialogues and colosseums of grand altitudes shocking pinch torrent gel and flash arcing clockwork folly and ageless triumph holding fuses of collections. Raptor defeated Sauron in 2006 by stopping Zidane Zapdos Zarathustra Tesla, ideas of oasis healing gifting sacred gems and envelopes of highlight stealth picturing raiment of claymores and seawater caliber psychic birds
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the top of the clock could be the strategy for smashing the gale and tricking the devil's army into falling under our direct command, for a virtuous cause!
    Raptor was Lugia through Erling Haaland Riley Halloween in 2023 vs Inter Milan, showing journals of impossible dialogues and colosseums of grand altitudes shocking pinch torrent gel and flash arcing clockwork folly and ageless triumph holding fuses of collections. Raptor defeated Sauron in 2006 by stopping Zidane Zapdos Zarathustra Tesla, ideas of oasis healing gifting sacred gems and envelopes of highlight stealth picturing raiment of claymores and seawater caliber psychic birds

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post

I'll add:

Sartre: SEE-Fi
    I take it you haven't read Being and Nothingness, a book that, far from showing the signs of having been written by a Ti-PoLR, exemplifies great logical precision.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Hmmm I didn't, but after a cursory glance at it, I don't see that much T, rather a lot of Ni. I'll go with LIE-Ni instead, so still Gamma extravert with boosted Ni-Fi. Do you recommend the read? His style seems laborious, scholarly, cryptic and rather unstructured to me, which I'd expect would confuse rather than enlighten me.
    Being and Nothingness is one of my favorite books, but it certainly isn't for everyone. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who hasn't studied at least a few other, easier-to-understand philosophical texts, for example.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Controversial opinion

Aristoteles
    Sokrates
    Platon
    Schopenhauer
    Nietzsche
    Hegel
    Kierkegaard
    Sartre
    Camus
    Heidegger
    Wittgenstein

they are all IEI

TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

George Lucas would be the same mbti as Nietzsche, but in socionics, Nietzsche is enfj. This aurora of wishes and plain sight devoured model ascribed Pikachu mud jiggles and wields a sharpie that makes all of reality and imagination painted differently, improved by philosophy. If we rise from the densities of a fallen state, and grab hold of the highest possibilities, then existence is shattered and holographic in molding, like Mew/Bunny.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coin View Post
    I'll start:
    diogenes - SLE
    plato - IEI
    nietzsche - ILI or LIE
    alan watts - SEE?
    kierkegaard - delta?
    I don't get how Plato, who made a very rigid and can only be broken by an SLx like Diogenes of Sinope, being an IEI.
    Kierkegaard is EII, Nietszche IEI isn't that bad, but LIE actually makes sense although I think EIE instead.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    Controversial opinion

Aristoteles
    Sokrates
    Platon
    Schopenhauer
    Nietzsche
    Hegel
    Kierkegaard
    Sartre
    Camus
    Heidegger
    Wittgenstein

they are all IEI
    Very controversial since all of them might just be Te or Ti-ego.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Existential Ibuprofen View Post
    I think most philosophers are ILI's (and mb some EIE's).

It is like my go to place when I'm too stressed out for being too constricted - to construct world ending philosophies (yes, that stuff is too easy for me to grasp it and get tangled).
    Need to get hell outta there.

If they look for purposeful application to life it favors dynamic Ni valuing orientation with non vulnerable Te that is subservient to something else this effectively leaves ILI and EIE on the table.

Anyway:
    Nietzsche constructed Übermensch which resembles LSI. EIE.
    Gilles Deleuze, tell me about his type.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deductive View Post
    Very controversial since all of them might just be Te or Ti-ego.
    what makes you think that? the most philosophical function, the function that reflects on the meaning of life, is pretty much Ni. a lot of philosophers reflect a lot on ethical principles,an ideal that other people should strive for in their behaviour. I think that Ni and Fi as strongest function, which are the most important 4-dimensional functions of IEI, makes sense for most of them, especially since they have Ti as activating function, and the hidden agenda "to understand"

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Alot of philosophers seem to have been beta.

Philosophy is a very Ni-Ti thing.

TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, by that logic, every philosopher is IEI since I really don't think so.

Default ILIs are often, very much Philosophers.

Quote Originally Posted by WVBRY View Post
    Alot of philosophers seem to have been beta.

Philosophy is a very Ni-Ti thing.
    It very much is. There seems to be a discrepancy in the understanding of what an ILI is among the socionics community. Many Modern Physicists and Philosophers are strangely mistyped as ILE/LII which does not logically follow the type descriptions offered by traditional socionics websites. We seem to have forgotten this:

For those who think ILIs are not inclined to be philosophers:

“Introverted intuition in ILIs is predominantly characterized by well developed imaginative abilities and mental wanderings”

“ILI often spend a great deal of time simply thinking and may spend excessive amounts of time in their mind. Most ILIs somehow manage to spend most of their time in their minds regardless of the responsibilities with which they are burdened.”

“ILIs are often stereotypically represented as reclusive scholars, philosophers, scientists, artists, seers, and sages.”

“The mind of an ILI is an oasis of sorts where knowledge is treated as a toy or even a vehicle that allows them to visit complex mental landscapes that are shaped and continually revised by new information.”

—sociotype.com

Also develop a taste toward humanitarian areas – i.e. philosophy, art.

—Filatova Description

For those who think ILIs are pragmatic goal pursuers:

“ILIs may not directly associate their knowledge with any given purpose rather than to further their own understanding. They are also not very proactive at getting things done in the real world.”

“very little attention is likely to be paid to such tasks as household maintenance or cleanliness, which the ILI sees as trivial matters not deserving of his time or effort.”

—sociotype.com

“The volitional qualities of people of this type manifest a bi-polar nature: some individuals display an enviable sense of purpose, stubbornness and perseverance, while others, to the contrary, demonstrate complete inertia and paralysis of their will.”

—Filatova Description

I could create a greater variety of sources as well, however I would do so from Intertype relations so the relevance may not be comprehended by most. That said, I left it to this.
    Last edited by The Patternist; 02-15-2024 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Mistake.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diogenes SLE
    Plato LII
    Nietzsche ILI
    Camus IEI
    Kierkegaard EII
    Wittgenstein LSI
    Kant LII
    Descartes LII
    Foucault ILE
    Sartre ILE

most others are LIIs, LII is a big sociotype among philosophers, and most of them are in general introverted function leading, for some reason.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

philosophy is mainly Ti, but Te can sometimes do it too.