Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: SEI or some other type?

  1. #1
    wayward sellsword Takyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    TIM
    ILE 548
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default SEI or some other type?

    Alright so here's notes about my IMEs. Bare in mind this is long, so I appreciate if you do happen to read it.

    Si - I am drawn to comfort but oftentimes I neglect it. Such as, I don't eat much or my eating times becoming irregular because I'm absorbed in a project or whatever I am doing. Even if I set the food right in front of me while working, I am still zoned out entirely. People find that I need constant reminders for things because my mind appears to be elsewhere. I'm aware that not eating or sleeping well affects my health, especially mental wellbeing, making comfort a fairly big deal. When I am not focused on a goal/project, I will be trying to be as comfortable as possible, minimizing anything that doesn't help with this. I also put myself at odds with my own comfort willingly, such as wearing shorts/skirts during cold weather, sweaters in hot weather, removing music for awhile as some weird form of punishment, and also just not eating food at times (either because I am absorbed in something or I was punishing myself). It goes on.

    Se - I think it is easy for me to make so called "direct impacts", such as being a little rebellious bigot when I think it will annoy someone. Lol. Think of a direct "F u" to their face, but more playful than vengeful. No, I just am not a vengeful person, and will only use force in order to secure myself space. In general I am not even against Se, but for sure I'm against falling into power games and refuse to see situations like this. In no manner would I want to hold power over other people--because other people are individuals and I want to exist as one too, so this is the sort of respect I expect. I do not live to gain power. I live to coexist peacefully.

    Ne - My mind is constantly thrumming with ideas for a story or poem, or even for digital art. I definitely have more ideas than I am able to act on, and will be constantly moving from one thing to the next because I've found something shiny with more potential. The idea usually becomes that I want to get this done and share it with people (though I usually don't complete it, and end up sharing snippets instead). I tend to open up my options for things and will back out of it last second if I think something else can be more interesting instead (something I've become guilty of). I think it's very easy for me to use Ne, and I don't think I've ever experienced burnout from it. It is obvious to me there is potential to everything.

    Ni - I usually map ahead what I want to do in a very long term sense, as this is inherently tied to my meaning in life. If I don't have an idea of what it is I want in long term, I feel very out of place. Even among all of my ideas, I must know some sort of direction and it will take a lot to ignore this feeling. Despite this, I don't typically predict what others may do and I often seem to be surprised by things. I mean, not expecting anything in the short term makes life much more fun. If I do predict, it's only for fun and I will still be surprised in the end.

    Ti - Whatever I am working on, I intend for it to make sense. I can become very critical about detail for this reason, and if I feel something is off and can't tell what it is, I might ask for outside opinion instead. This goes for many of decisions in general. I want to be certain that my reasons make logical sense for the other party, and will earnestly want to hear their own reasons and how they've arrived to it. I like to understand how systems work for the very sake of just understanding and not for any real practical merit (I jump from computer science, video games, trading, philosophy/theology, typology... these are things I wish to understand more over time). Besides just wanting to understand systems, this is often because I also want to make my own. Given if I'm not feeling lazy, I don't like to follow something blindly and I want to be able to assert my own judgement (after I've consumed enough information). This is probably a goal of mine in the end, to uphold my own 'truth'; having opinions of my own.

    Te - At times I am blind to facts in position of my own belief. I try to avoid this where I can, is all I can really say. I willingly collect information in order to act more efficiently, setting up channels for myself to have the necessary information at disposal. However I can be slow to act on this information. I do not get overwhelmed at large influx of information, more that I see it is there when I want/need it (for work/projects).

    Fi - Nowadays I consistently keep notes in my head who is a friend and who is not (but this list appears to be shifting often). However my criteria is just like this: do we talk often or not? Do they hear my ideas out or do they have interesting ideas of their own? But it doesn't fly through my head what me and this other person really have in common. I actually realized just now I don't think I have much in common with my friends besides lots of experiences together, and that we just seem to have fun talking or doing just about anything. However, people I love or are my closest friends, they are at that point because I know I can rely on them and I have the same energy for them to rely on me.

    Fe - I think I can be emotive, but it's admittedly draining after some point. I like to poke other people instead. Hmm. But other people like to poke me for reactions. Hmmm. Well either way emotions are fun to be around, and I appreciate a world that feels alive with color. I'm not all that appreciate of people who seem like a stick in the mud.

    So, for the most part I think I am SEI but I'm mildly skeptical of this typing with my Ne. Even with creative subtype it seems a bit odd. But yeah, I am curious about what others think.
    Death is the engine of Earth

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,053
    Mentioned
    1199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    video
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  3. #3
    PunkSailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    ����
    TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You’re a nugget
    I had a boyfriend that I paid everything for, his debt, his car, and all I have to say to that is: that I was one dumb bitch

  4. #4
    The Banana King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    TIM
    ILE-Ti-H FLEV
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Seems IEI and not SEI at first glance.
    >I usually map ahead what I want to do in a very long term sense, as this is inherently tied to my meaning in life. If I don't have an idea of what it is I want in long term, I feel very out of place
    Ni > Si

    >I think it is easy for me to make so called "direct impacts", such as being a little rebellious bigot when I think it will annoy someone.
    Seems Victim/Se-seeking

    Your description of Ne seems even like a Ne lead. Probably not 1D Ne. Though I could see it coming from an SEI-Fe...

    Your description of Ti seems a lot like my own lol. I'm getting very Ti and Ne vibes there:
    >I like to understand how systems work for the very sake of just understanding and not for any real practical merit (I jump from computer science, video games, trading, philosophy/theology, typology... these are things I wish to understand more over time). Besides just wanting to understand systems, this is often because I also want to make my own. Given if I'm not feeling lazy, I don't like to follow something blindly and I want to be able to assert my own judgement

    Honestly it's hard to tell without a questionnaire but I would consider IEI-Fe, IEE-Ne and ILE-Ti perhaps. Maybe even LII-Ne because of the apparently valued Ne and Ti.

  5. #5
    The Banana King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    TIM
    ILE-Ti-H FLEV
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh and the Te description reminded me a bit of IEE which is why I included it in the types to consider.

  6. #6
    wayward sellsword Takyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    TIM
    ILE 548
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    video
    I'll consider. I'm just a tiny bit apprehensive putting myself out there. Does answering a questionnaire as quickly and naturally as possible come closest to a video here?
    Death is the engine of Earth

  7. #7
    wayward sellsword Takyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    TIM
    ILE 548
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    Seems IEI and not SEI at first glance.
    >I usually map ahead what I want to do in a very long term sense, as this is inherently tied to my meaning in life. If I don't have an idea of what it is I want in long term, I feel very out of place
    Ni > Si

    >I think it is easy for me to make so called "direct impacts", such as being a little rebellious bigot when I think it will annoy someone.
    Seems Victim/Se-seeking

    Your description of Ne seems even like a Ne lead. Probably not 1D Ne. Though I could see it coming from an SEI-Fe...

    Your description of Ti seems a lot like my own lol. I'm getting very Ti and Ne vibes there:
    >I like to understand how systems work for the very sake of just understanding and not for any real practical merit (I jump from computer science, video games, trading, philosophy/theology, typology... these are things I wish to understand more over time). Besides just wanting to understand systems, this is often because I also want to make my own. Given if I'm not feeling lazy, I don't like to follow something blindly and I want to be able to assert my own judgement

    Honestly it's hard to tell without a questionnaire but I would consider IEI-Fe, IEE-Ne and ILE-Ti perhaps. Maybe even LII-Ne because of the apparently valued Ne and Ti.
    Hey thanks for responding. I've thought about IEI-Fe for a month or two before eventually changing to SEI due to my apparent Ne valuing, and it was actually kind of difficult to see how I could be Ni base besides that margin of what I mentioned (even then I don't think I happen to be a great predictor). But even before IEI, I had ping ponged between ILE and IEE for awhile. I mainly disagree with IEE because I am sure on Ti valuing. Hmm... yeah I'll probably do a questionnaire.
    Death is the engine of Earth

  8. #8
    wayward sellsword Takyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    TIM
    ILE 548
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PunkSailor View Post
    You’re a nugget
    no YOU
    Death is the engine of Earth

  9. #9
    The Banana King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    TIM
    ILE-Ti-H FLEV
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Try reading the subtype descriptions at https://sociotype.com/socionics/subtypes/ for some ideas on the different types you're considering. They're not that accurate but they give generally good pointers for types sharing creative subtype like SEI-Fe and IEI-Fe.
    Those cases can be really hard to discern from text. Aptly named look-alikes and on top of that sharing the subtypes waters down the differences between their leads. Because of their strengthened role function and weakened lead, not only can they pretend to be their lookalike but they are also extremely good at imitating them. Say in my case, as an ILE-Ti I get confused for Se types like SLE or LSI. Likewise I know SLE-Ti which are oddly goofy and peaceful/unforceful but in critical times they spring into "fighting mode" in a way unique to Se-leads. So maybe try thinking about what impression you usually give to people and what your actual personality is like. It may also help to differentiate nature from nurture. Using your lead should be completely natural, something you have been doing all your life. On the other hand, using the role adeptly is an acquired skill. Often the role is about conforming to social norms so think about that as well.
    Since it's hard enough to discern the types in real life in text it's just wayyy harder

  10. #10
    wayward sellsword Takyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    TIM
    ILE 548
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    Try reading the subtype descriptions at https://sociotype.com/socionics/subtypes/ for some ideas on the different types you're considering. They're not that accurate but they give generally good pointers for types sharing creative subtype like SEI-Fe and IEI-Fe.
    Those cases can be really hard to discern from text. Aptly named look-alikes and on top of that sharing the subtypes waters down the differences between their leads. Because of their strengthened role function and weakened lead, not only can they pretend to be their lookalike but they are also extremely good at imitating them. Say in my case, as an ILE-Ti I get confused for Se types like SLE or LSI. Likewise I know SLE-Ti which are oddly goofy and peaceful/unforceful but in critical times they spring into "fighting mode" in a way unique to Se-leads. So maybe try thinking about what impression you usually give to people and what your actual personality is like. It may also help to differentiate nature from nurture. Using your lead should be completely natural, something you have been doing all your life. On the other hand, using the role adeptly is an acquired skill. Often the role is about conforming to social norms so think about that as well.
    Since it's hard enough to discern the types in real life in text it's just wayyy harder
    Ah it's been awhile since I visited these subtype pages. Now I'd probably say I lean more towards SEI-Fe. because IEI-Fe seems more scheming with relations, which I am not in comparison. And your point on lookalikes makes sense, I'd have to consider my impressions more. From what friends tell me at least, I come across as someone who is 'far-away', on the other side of the world, and they like to visit this place because it's entirely different from what they are used to. More plainly put, I am pretty detached and very much like head-in-the-clouds. It helps them calm down and relax apparently, and they feel free from their issues around me. I think, cool! Perhaps that's just more reminiscent to Ni base overall, or maybe I am really some comforting Si presence... Hmm... It's hard to consider about which comes more natural to me so I'll have to think about it more (my past is quite strange).
    Death is the engine of Earth

  11. #11
    Disrupting your illusory reality Megatrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Your mind
    TIM
    ENFP
    Posts
    572
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takyon View Post
    Alright so here's notes about my IMEs. Bare in mind this is long, so I appreciate if you do happen to read it.

    Si - I am drawn to comfort but oftentimes I neglect it. Such as, I don't eat much or my eating times becoming irregular because I'm absorbed in a project or whatever I am doing. Even if I set the food right in front of me while working, I am still zoned out entirely. People find that I need constant reminders for things because my mind appears to be elsewhere. I'm aware that not eating or sleeping well affects my health, especially mental wellbeing, making comfort a fairly big deal. When I am not focused on a goal/project, I will be trying to be as comfortable as possible, minimizing anything that doesn't help with this. I also put myself at odds with my own comfort willingly, such as wearing shorts/skirts during cold weather, sweaters in hot weather, removing music for awhile as some weird form of punishment, and also just not eating food at times (either because I am absorbed in something or I was punishing myself). It goes on.

    Se - I think it is easy for me to make so called "direct impacts", such as being a little rebellious bigot when I think it will annoy someone. Lol. Think of a direct "F u" to their face, but more playful than vengeful. No, I just am not a vengeful person, and will only use force in order to secure myself space. In general I am not even against Se, but for sure I'm against falling into power games and refuse to see situations like this. In no manner would I want to hold power over other people--because other people are individuals and I want to exist as one too, so this is the sort of respect I expect. I do not live to gain power. I live to coexist peacefully.

    Ne - My mind is constantly thrumming with ideas for a story or poem, or even for digital art. I definitely have more ideas than I am able to act on, and will be constantly moving from one thing to the next because I've found something shiny with more potential. The idea usually becomes that I want to get this done and share it with people (though I usually don't complete it, and end up sharing snippets instead). I tend to open up my options for things and will back out of it last second if I think something else can be more interesting instead (something I've become guilty of). I think it's very easy for me to use Ne, and I don't think I've ever experienced burnout from it. It is obvious to me there is potential to everything.

    Ni - I usually map ahead what I want to do in a very long term sense, as this is inherently tied to my meaning in life. If I don't have an idea of what it is I want in long term, I feel very out of place. Even among all of my ideas, I must know some sort of direction and it will take a lot to ignore this feeling. Despite this, I don't typically predict what others may do and I often seem to be surprised by things. I mean, not expecting anything in the short term makes life much more fun. If I do predict, it's only for fun and I will still be surprised in the end.

    Ti - Whatever I am working on, I intend for it to make sense. I can become very critical about detail for this reason, and if I feel something is off and can't tell what it is, I might ask for outside opinion instead. This goes for many of decisions in general. I want to be certain that my reasons make logical sense for the other party, and will earnestly want to hear their own reasons and how they've arrived to it. I like to understand how systems work for the very sake of just understanding and not for any real practical merit (I jump from computer science, video games, trading, philosophy/theology, typology... these are things I wish to understand more over time). Besides just wanting to understand systems, this is often because I also want to make my own. Given if I'm not feeling lazy, I don't like to follow something blindly and I want to be able to assert my own judgement (after I've consumed enough information). This is probably a goal of mine in the end, to uphold my own 'truth'; having opinions of my own.

    Te - At times I am blind to facts in position of my own belief. I try to avoid this where I can, is all I can really say. I willingly collect information in order to act more efficiently, setting up channels for myself to have the necessary information at disposal. However I can be slow to act on this information. I do not get overwhelmed at large influx of information, more that I see it is there when I want/need it (for work/projects).

    Fi - Nowadays I consistently keep notes in my head who is a friend and who is not (but this list appears to be shifting often). However my criteria is just like this: do we talk often or not? Do they hear my ideas out or do they have interesting ideas of their own? But it doesn't fly through my head what me and this other person really have in common. I actually realized just now I don't think I have much in common with my friends besides lots of experiences together, and that we just seem to have fun talking or doing just about anything. However, people I love or are my closest friends, they are at that point because I know I can rely on them and I have the same energy for them to rely on me.

    Fe - I think I can be emotive, but it's admittedly draining after some point. I like to poke other people instead. Hmm. But other people like to poke me for reactions. Hmmm. Well either way emotions are fun to be around, and I appreciate a world that feels alive with color. I'm not all that appreciate of people who seem like a stick in the mud.

    So, for the most part I think I am SEI but I'm mildly skeptical of this typing with my Ne. Even with creative subtype it seems a bit odd. But yeah, I am curious about what others think.
    IEE, the real ENFp are NeFe in this order, Socionics/MBTI stacking is bs, and most functions descriptions are just traits based on different combinations of letters.

    I mean IEE is the closest you can get
    self-discovery
    self-development
    optimism
    relationships
    communication
    high ideals

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    Try reading the subtype descriptions at https://sociotype.com/socionics/subtypes/ for some ideas on the different types you're considering. They're not that accurate but they give generally good pointers for types sharing creative subtype like SEI-Fe and IEI-Fe.
    Those cases can be really hard to discern from text. Aptly named look-alikes and on top of that sharing the subtypes waters down the differences between their leads. Because of their strengthened role function and weakened lead, not only can they pretend to be their lookalike but they are also extremely good at imitating them. Say in my case, as an ILE-Ti I get confused for Se types like SLE or LSI. Likewise I know SLE-Ti which are oddly goofy and peaceful/unforceful but in critical times they spring into "fighting mode" in a way unique to Se-leads. So maybe try thinking about what impression you usually give to people and what your actual personality is like. It may also help to differentiate nature from nurture. Using your lead should be completely natural, something you have been doing all your life. On the other hand, using the role adeptly is an acquired skill. Often the role is about conforming to social norms so think about that as well.
    Since it's hard enough to discern the types in real life in text it's just wayyy harder
    My only problem with such descriptions of IMs is that they are not accurate at all.

    It's really hard to tell what is Si and what isn't because people give all sorts of stupid definitions of Si.

    Also I don't appear to be Ne seeking at all according to these terrible definitions, I hate it when people give me their own ideas of what I should be doing, when I already know what I want to do. I hate last minute plans ruining my plans, I just hate these things. I want to make my own adventure for my own darn self.

    Also I don't appear to be very good with sensations, nor do I want to enhance sensations for myself, but that sounds more F last in psychosophy.

    IRL is also very hard when everyone has a different impression of you or they believe in an idealized image of you.

    Discerning type from text is so hard when everyone writes from a completely different point of view and when they write about IMs that they are not strong in.

    Plus the difficulty already of being a 4th physics sensor (if psychosophy is indeed a real thing) makes it very hard to relate to any descriptions of Si or anyone's expectations of your behavior.

    A sensor that doesn't sense sensations strongly and doesn't care to enhance their own sensory experience is entirely possible to exist.

  13. #13
    PunkSailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    ����
    TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takyon View Post
    no YOU
    This U?
    you-chicken-nugget-lens.png
    I had a boyfriend that I paid everything for, his debt, his car, and all I have to say to that is: that I was one dumb bitch

  14. #14
    wayward sellsword Takyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    TIM
    ILE 548
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    IEE, the real ENFp are NeFe in this order, Socionics/MBTI stacking is bs, and most functions descriptions are just traits based on different combinations of letters.

    I mean IEE is the closest you can get
    Maybe by your system I am 'IEE', but socionics wise I don't see myself as Ti PoLR/devaluing whatsoever. Thank you for your consideration
    Death is the engine of Earth

  15. #15
    wayward sellsword Takyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    TIM
    ILE 548
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PunkSailor View Post
    Damnit stop doxxing me online!
    Death is the engine of Earth

  16. #16
    wayward sellsword Takyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    TIM
    ILE 548
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Upon further consideration I am probably IEI. Thinking over the course of my life, I no longer see sensor as likely by an admittedly large portion, and this seems to be apparent to even my IRL friends. Appreciated the responses
    Death is the engine of Earth

  17. #17
    PunkSailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    ����
    TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takyon View Post
    Damnit stop doxxing me online!
    no
    I had a boyfriend that I paid everything for, his debt, his car, and all I have to say to that is: that I was one dumb bitch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •