Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What has Happened?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What has Happened?

I had taken a break from socionics for 1-2 years and I decided to come back to the forum, but I have noticed that many of the major posters are no longer here. The people here seem knowledgeable, but it seems like there has been some kind of mass exodus here, and I'm wondering what has happened. Is it just a lull in form activity, or did something go wrong? Maybe someone can fill me in...

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What has happened is that you expected stasis when there is no stasis.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's normal that forum users are keeping changing.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tbh it's usually funner to just do things in real life than communicate online with ppl who are often autistic bullies or power hungry SJWs. Well people in real life suck too- but in a way I feel more isolated and protected and like there's better boundaries than online communication which is kinda weird- cuz you'd think it would be the opposite.

Even Fe valuers usually just like hanging out with one special person they click with or do things with- or even just their mom if they are mama's boy VGL. Talking online to a group gets old. Most other online communities I used to be involved with have also greatly died. The internet as a whole just isn't the same as it was in the early 2000s.

Also a lot of people moved to discord, I think. I'm still here cuz I'm weirdly loyal to a few things as opposed to many things but I admit I had funner off-line last week then being online.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, life is never as it should be, at least from every dimension, because change and boiling children never decapitate their Gatorade for the smack in the face of doubt and inevitability.

Trusting in the laws of the universe to always remain the same is a very primitive assumption.

The future, as a whole, will be mostly perfect, but not even close in the early stages. The rattlesnake of construction and frozen tracks always binds our feathers for the most remote island, crash course tsunami!!
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've been here a VERY LONG TIME, believe in me bc of the length of time, i am omniscient for this reason alone.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    i've been here a VERY LONG TIME, believe in me bc of the length of time, i am omniscient for this reason alone.
    Amazing, the eons reveal God shining in the rollercoaster ice cream salon of minefields and demolitions going giga chaotic and hyper.

I like the way you just throw all of this confusion and last supper table perspectives everywhere. The alien archon collective wisdom will never cut or chain you to determinism.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great Old Ones unite

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guessing this forum was like psychological therapy for some people. They'd signed up, get the necessary help & then jet.

Pure speculation, obviously. There's no data to tell us why those people are no longer active.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Guessing this forum was like psychological therapy for some people. They'd signed up, get the necessary help & then jet.

Pure speculation, obviously. There's no data to tell us why those people are no longer active.
    Someone here once said that we are here until we fulfill our purpose.

This is the real-life Groundhog Day.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I left my first account and took a break from here because some people had decided I was their confident, so they would send me long-ass pm about why other members were awful and evil. And because some peeps think this is a dating site and if anyone is nice to you, you get to retype them aggressively as your dual.
    I dare talk about the above because these peeps are gone by now. Or they changed account/username and I didn't replace them.
    There's lots of reasons to leave.
    And just as many to get back in here.
    Life's only consistant characteristic is change after all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the chaos is not static. it boils. some bubbles arise and some disappear
    it's rare when people keep an interest for long time. especially P types

There's no data to tell us why those people are no longer active.
    hm... sounds Te
    mb a video you'll sometimes do
    and cat avatar relates to Si or F

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    why other members were awful and evil
    tell us top 10 of "awful and evil"

> And because some peeps think this is a dating site

eh... not? we got here some long or marriage pairs. I saw reports about 2 of them, at least
    among main usage of Jung types is to create pairs, so you may expect such activity here

socioforum is used for this a little. I remember 3 flirting cases with me. one of them I've accepted and there is a hope to continue in this direction in case she'll want (mb during this year). all 3 seems thought me a their dual. but non of them was, hehe

> and if anyone is nice to you, you get to retype them aggressively as your dual.

I still await to notice a forum active EII-woman. it seems the destiny joke that I did not. I typed or suspected someones, but then retyped to other types *sigh*

> There's lots of reasons to leave.

the majority never studies types good enough to notice their usefulness. such people flood here and then find better places for this

> Life's only consistant characteristic is change after all

Jung type is such too

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    tell us top 10 of "awful and evil"
    I can't.
    I only remember some usernames who sent those opinions, not what they were or who they were about. My brain flushes that kind of info. No interests in random opinions about people, I can make my own if I wish to.

Would an EII really like this place anyway? I've read some pretty harsh stuff on here.

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Also there is no real community feeling(didn't check on the discord) so it feels more like a random bunch of hobos meeting around a burn barrel than like a place where you'd get support, develop new theories or build personal rapport. So, little reason to stay for a long time I guess...

sounds perfect. What would turn this into a community? Maybe an insurance scheme.

*paying homage to @woofwoofl

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I can make my own if I wish to.
    I'd look.

> Would an EII really like this place anyway? I've read some pretty harsh stuff on here.

some active women-ESI I've noticed, so close type EII may be too
    also psychology theme fits EII more than to ESI

EII-man I saw being active for monthes on socioforum. he was attracted to LSI-women on that forum, thought his type as EIE. after short flirt was pushed away and tried to restore the communications for some time

rudeness is common for Internet talking. it takes a time to adopt
    partly it's people say what think as appropriate and ignore emotional effect to say softer. and other is mainly Fe insulting or rude style, what mb not supported and not took part in that; someones may be ignored for a time

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd look.
    Why? Want to know if you're on the list? lol

[QUITE]some active women-ESI I've noticed, so close type EII may be too
    also psychology theme fits EII more than to ESI

EII-man I saw being active for monthes on socioforum. he was attracted to LSI-women on that forum, thought his type as EIE. after short flirt was pushed away and tried to restore the communications for some time

rudeness is common for Internet talking. it takes a time to adopt
    partly it's people say what think as appropriate and ignore emotional effect to say softer. and other is mainly Fe insulting or rude style, what mb not supported and not took part in that; someones may be ignored for a time[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I guess.
    Even the rudest of stuff might contain something interesting in a way. Very low censure is both a blessing and a curse.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Why? Want to know if you're on the list? lol
    This info looks funny. Not low chance I was among reported to you, at least.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This info looks funny. Not low chance I was among reported to you, at least.
    Funny? I didn't think so. I had no idea what to do with those opinions so they faded, and I can't remember what they were now. At best I remember someone talking about a post you made, saying it was interesting. Something about Fe and Te, I think.
    Also, people tend to not be very shy about showing publicaly discontent about you from what I saw, I think I saw someone claiming you were the reason they were leaving, to stay on topic, lol.
    You have plenty of posts to go back to if you think these sort of things are funny.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think I saw someone claiming you were the reason they were leaving
    Many ones here more to talk and not to know about types. When they get disagreements - this annoyes them and if they don't value the sense of what I say about types the sum is mainly negative in their perception.

I saw some girls who demanded significantly to stop say them opinions about types.
    2 of them seems were upset enough to leave this place. The most problem for them was my disagreement about what they think about own types. And a criticism about some other types talking.
    Among reasons could be Fe types, which should lesser like Te argumentation style. Something in those people making more touchy to any disagreements. Mb about their types especially, if this may point on other IR with someones.

> You have plenty of posts to go back to if you think these sort of things are funny.

Unreasonable dissatisfaction is funny. Also, F types and emotionality often looks for me as funny.

Out of the top of my head:

increase user experience(better moderation and clearer guidelines, possibility to order posts from 'most liked to least liked' in a thread)
    reduce entry barriers for beginners('often asked questions' page,...) and new ideas
    have a private chat function like the shoutbox btw members
    better socionics ressources and updates of the old socionics articles

and much more

good ideas

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think a lot of people left, but "louder/polemic/extraverted" forumites that might have used the forum as an outlet have either calmed down or left, so it feels way calmer.

Once you've understood the theory, the only reason you'd stay is for entertainment
    . And well, the entertainment quality on this forum is low... I'm obsessed with socionics and psychology in general but even for me it gets stale haha.

Also there is no real community feeling(didn't check on the discord) so it feels more like a random bunch of hobos meeting around a burn barrel than like a place where you'd get support, develop new theories or build personal rapport. So, little reason to stay for a long time I guess...
    I dunno. I'd actually say iron sharpens iron. Pro athletes play each other every day for the singular purpose of being better athletes.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno. I'd actually say iron sharpens iron. Pro athletes play each other every day for the singular purpose of being better athletes.
    huh, funny. I think similarly but in different terms: gathering nuances. That's my favorite thing here.
    It sounds like you're honing in for precision, like a sculpture, and I'm collecting details to make a huge picture.
    That's a decent reason to stay, no matter how we call it.
    Not gaining anything anymore from it likely pushed a few to leave.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think similarly but in different terms: gathering nuances. That's my favorite thing here. It sounds like you're honing in for precision, like a sculpture, and I'm collecting details to make a huge picture.
    From details/examples to general view is more common for S types.
    And from facts to understanding is common for Te. Flowers and sugar may be related to Si.
    Your talking style is indirect, so F type is more possible.

I'd look at your typing video. Would be useful to notice another Fi here.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the chaos is not static. it boils. some bubbles arise and some disappear
    it's rare when people keep an interest for long time. especially P types

hm... sounds Te
    mb a video you'll sometimes do
    and cat avatar relates to Si or F
    Don't try to figure my type. I'm balanced enough to use each function pretty well

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I stay around here, which I inevitably will, I will definitely need to reach out to people and talk to
    them on video. Sometimes I feel like people on here are voices in my head which is nottt good lol. The other night I had this image in my head of headless bodies with ghost faces which I think was supposed to be forum users I had a glance at the gallery section with pics of people which helped.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I got married and had a baby
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    No ILE (or any type really) has yet come forward to post a make up story about the fabled mass exodus of the16types forum? Man I expected more
    Do you even know any ILE's who've been here for a long enough time to do that? The only person i can name off the top of my head who've on seen on older and newer posts is Adam.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Do you even know any ILE's who've been here for a long enough time to do that? The only person i can name off the top of my head who've on seen on older and newer posts is Adam.
    i know a few.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the forum, forever going downhill

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

it's essence. the descent. the 16 types is the descent. it is known

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it might be useful to have some more discussions about general psychology ideas (theories and common practice by psychologists) and possibly how they relate to socionics.

Also, it might be good to have a thread where we can make suggestions about ideas for threads (potential new topics).

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I can get more value, improve the quality of my life, or discover any new profound truths about the human condition by continuing to spend time with socionics. Also I lost interest when I realized that it's a bottomless theoretical rabbit hole, you can never "master" socionics or be sure of much anything about it. People just argue forever over different interpretations of ancient descriptions and scholars, and the only potential empirical adjudicators are studies in languages I don't understand.

The Big Five is much more practical and accessible, seeing it used to great effect in my workplace caused me to lose respect for socionics. I studied socionics till I was blue in the face, never able to come to definitive answers or rely on anything I learned, then Big Five gave me way more value in like half an hour with it.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to buy into the idea that the convos we jam here help others we don't even know, somebody we'd never expect. Maybe prevent somebody from making some shitty mistake all cause they read a random convo from this forum one night.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to buy into the idea that the convos we jam here help others we don't even know, somebody we'd never expect. Maybe prevent somebody from making some shitty mistake all cause they read a random convo from this forum one night.
    I remember taking a class of a few hours on communication, the one thing that stood out to me was when the teacher talked about sharing your opinion, even if someone else said something similar. It's impossible to know what exactly will make someone reconsider or learn about something, what will resonate with them, etc... that's why bothering to tell things in your own words, even if said a thousand times already, can be good. It might have some ears to reach, and you may never know what impact your words had, but they have an impact.
    I seem to like bouncing off your posts, lol.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember taking a class of a few hours on communication, the one thing that stood out to me was when the teacher talked about sharing your opinion, even if someone else said something similar. It's impossible to know what exactly will make someone reconsider or learn about something, what will resonate with them, etc... that's why bothering to tell things in your own words, even if said a thousand times already, can be good. It might have some ears to reach, and you may never know what impact your words had, but they have an impact.
    I seem to like bouncing off your posts, lol.
    Gotta agree there.

You make interesting posts. I might disagree with some of 'em at first but they have good merit

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta agree there.

You make interesting posts. I might disagree with some of 'em at first but they have good merit
    Thanks.
    I think disagreeing can be a good thing if done with an open mind, there's a lot of potential there. People are beautiful when they remain open and free.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Great Old Ones unite
    I didn't remember you. You used to have Ayn Rand as your avatar! That is what I remembered. I now remember you... I looked back on a thread I started about Ayn Rand and remembered you and your response - "All the imaginary fights you had with her (Rand)." That reminds me of myself with this theory.

Is that St. Michael now? Even as Ti, I respect the Catholic faith and I pray to him...
    Last edited by jason_m; 05-22-2021 at 12:16 PM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    I didn't remember you. You used to have Ayn Rand as your avatar! That is what I remembered. I now remember you... I looked back on a thread I started about Ayn Rand and remembered you and your response - "All the imaginary fights you had with her (Rand)." That reminds me of myself with this theory.
    Hm, I don't remember having Ayn Rand as my avatar. I was intrigued by those theories for a while, but I have strong disagreements with her, yes.

Is that St. Michael now? Even as Ti, I respect the Catholic faith and I pray to him...
    No, it's a cartoon of Glenn Danzig.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Hm, I don't remember having Ayn Rand as my avatar. I was intrigued by those theories for a while, but I have strong disagreements with her, yes.
    Was it someone that just looked like her?

No, it's a cartoon of Glenn Danzig.
    From the band 'Danzig'? I listened to them in the 90s, but it has been years...

EDIT: from this thread here: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...d-Academically

I remembered what you wrote, but I suppose I don't remember the avatar...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast