Thread: Valuing your "unvalued" functions

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Valuing your "unvalued" functions

What's been your experience in valuing your unvalued functions? I theorize that there's a difference between your use of an unvalued function & your perception of how others actually use it.

Some might go & value their unvalued functions to "break the monotony" or some might do so as a learning exercise.

I pretty much do neither but I'm interested jn the topic, anyway

I can emulate Fe good enough to pass for Fe creative, IEI.
    Problem is, I find doing this suffocating and I develop a rather intense loathing for people who make me feel like I must use it to be on good terms. Also makes me physicaly sick nowadays, dizzy spells and nausea.
    I neither respect nor trust people when I feel stuck doing Fe around them.
    I've had quite a few important figures in my life who were Fe and I had a rather love/hate relationship with them and this function, they likely don't know from what they said. Or they do, idc.
    Pretty sure culture plays, peeps quite like gushy demonstrativeness around here.

When people say I'm IEI it's like they are disregarding the years of efforts and sleepless nights I put into understanding and emulating it, I'm a stubborn shit. I mean, I know they don't know, still frustrating.
    Also put the charge of explaining on my shoulders and I'm not necessarily interested in doing that.

I have an "algorithm" for it based on if-then situations, it's like computer programing. I'm rather angry with it these days.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I value my Fi a lot and my EIE friend says that I look for Te in everybody. And just earlier today I was with said EIE + 1 SLE and I could tell that the SLE reacted way more strongly to my Fe because it was actually infused with tons of FI.

TIM
    Si-H 6w5 613 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I value Fe when delivered by Fi doms, don't like using it myself or being expected to use it. I like using Se to a small extent but hate going overboard with it or its use by others. Ti I don't really think about much. Ni I sometimes play around with briefly but don't take too seriously, find it weird when someone does.
    "Now is the time to get serious about living your ideals. How long can you afford to put off who you really want to be? Your nobler self cannot wait any longer. Put your principles into practice – now. Stop the excuses and the procrastination. This is your life! You aren’t a child anymore. The sooner you set yourself to your spiritual program, the happier you will be. The longer you wait, the more you’ll be vulnerable to mediocrity and feel filled with shame and regret, because you know you are capable of better. From this instant on, vow to stop disappointing yourself. Separate yourself from the mob. Decide to be extraordinary and do what you need to do – now." - Epictetus

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Ni when I need to approach a problem from a different perspective, or when I need to make a serious decision about what to do. The way I use Ne isn't really productive -- it gives me a sense of perspective, possible options, and (usually unwarranted) optimism, but it doesn't actually spur on any activity itself. When I need to take physical action, especially radically different action, that's when Ni becomes active. It's like the inverse of Ne; where Ne is expansive, with Ni impressions and images of possible futures "appear," seem hollow, and eventually only one good path is left, which I see I should follow.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    I can emulate Fe good enough to pass for Fe creative, IEI.
    Problem is, I find doing this suffocating and I develop a rather intense loathing for people who make me feel like I must use it to be on good terms. Also makes me physicaly sick nowadays, dizzy spells and nausea.
    I neither respect nor trust people when I feel stuck doing Fe around them.
    I've had quite a few important figures in my life who were Fe and I had a rather love/hate relationship with them and this function, they likely don't know from what they said. Or they do, idc.
    Pretty sure culture plays, peeps quite like gushy demonstrativeness around here.

When people say I'm IEI it's like they are disregarding the years of efforts and sleepless nights I put into understanding and emulating it, I'm a stubborn shit. I mean, I know they don't know, still frustrating.
    Also put the charge of explaining on my shoulders and I'm not necessarily interested in doing that.

I have an "algorithm" for it based on if-then situations, it's like computer programing. I'm rather angry with it these days.
    That sucks

Fe can be annoying as h*ll if its too strong. Difficult to find Fe authentic when its overused. Social expectations needs to f*ck off sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I use Ni when I need to approach a problem from a different perspective, or when I need to make a serious decision about what to do. The way I use Ne isn't really productive -- it gives me a sense of perspective, possible options, and (usually unwarranted) optimism, but it doesn't actually spur on any activity itself. When I need to take physical action, especially radically different action, that's when Ni becomes active. It's like the inverse of Ne; where Ne is expansive, with Ni impressions and images of possible futures "appear," seem hollow, and eventually only one good path is left, which I see I should follow.
    I'm strong in Si/Te. I don't value either & have no desire to ever use 'em. Interestingly, Fi/Ne are my weak, unvalued functions & I find pretty decent for them every once & a while.

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    I value Fe when delivered by Fi doms, don't like using it myself or being expected to use it. I like using Se to a small extent but hate going overboard with it or its use by others. Ti I don't really think about much. Ni I sometimes play around with briefly but don't take too seriously, find it weird when someone does.
    Yeah. Im figuring if I'm gonna get some form of Fi/Ne it might be from an IEI. IEI values neither but strong in both. Maybe.

Went in to this thread with one perspective. Got another perspective now. Thanks, mates

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    I value Fe when delivered by Fi doms
    same here with Se, gimmie that Se demo
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so
    tritype: 2-6-9

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The resulting output or actions from someone or certain types of information can be valued or dismissed by a type. However, terms such as 'unvalued' or "ignored" are rather imprecise when describing lacks of certain processing perspectives, preferences and or priorities within information control systems. Valuing the unvalued increases even further the ambiguity that already exists in Socionics terminology.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    1220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"valued" means it's _more_ pleasant and interesting for you to deal with

You need all 8 function for the life and skills there.
    Some of those skills mb developed and used more than average for your type. For example, when you choose an occupation or a fun in regions significantly related to weak nonvalued functions.

Se types fit not good to Socionics, but they exist on forums.
    I have unusual for my type the degree of interest to esoterics, what mainly relates to Ni.
    There can be personal traits besides Jung types, including inborn ones, which predispose to skills and interests to an activity in weak nonvalued regions. Some of my ancestors had an entertainment there, and also mb some of them were priests.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    SEI-Fe 9w1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I started “valuing” my unvalued function was because of outside pressure to conform/use them constantly. Really tricked myself into believing I actually like/want those functions until I broke down.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MindFreak420 View Post
    The reason I started “valuing” my unvalued function was because of outside pressure to conform/use them constantly. Really tricked myself into believing I actually like/want those functions until I broke down.
    I'd kinda say that's important. It's awesome that you're SEI someone who can breathe Si and Fe into the world & be stoked about it. Being your authentic self is the way to go.

Gotta admit actually using Ne, throughout the day sucked. Being Se-dom, "valuing" Ne or Si is like betrayal. Being Ti-creative, I can "value" Fi & not feel like a f'ing dork about it.

Guess you never know till you try it out & not end up puking afterward.

scientist donkey BrightDemonSheep96's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-H LEVF/omnibeta
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuathe View Post
    same here with Se, gimmie that Se demo
    Stop pressuring my precious - Se, I assume.

Yeah, I usually prefer to handle this without direct help.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

TIM
    LSE 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    What's been your experience in valuing your unvalued functions? I theorize that there's a difference between your use of an unvalued function & your perception of how others actually use it.

Some might go & value their unvalued functions to "break the monotony" or some might do so as a learning exercise.

I pretty much do neither but I'm interested jn the topic, anyway
    I don't think unvalued functions are literally unvalued, I'd say they're just lower in priority.

Leonardo Bonucci Bunny Nietzsche Lukas Nmecha RaptorWizard XD001's Avatar
    TIM
    SolitaryWalker Zang
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My, despite a gale force rapid livewire heart attack explosion My passion meter can charge santa clause up the chimney, I really suck terribly at Fi. It's more like relating to people, being considerate, choosing to go by sentiments rather than points earned. I think I use much intuition for heightening My soulful experience, and yet I'm no C3P0 human cyborg relations.
    EagleFangKarate (webstarts.com)
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...logy-articles)
    Kara (the16types.info)
    I was always a very playful and fun loving Meganium, wishful, flowing, bright, cheerful, exuberant, passionate, loving, caring, sweet, misery refined, elegant, growing, evolving, magical, evanescent, silver wise, crowned, elevated, euphoric, stunning, rapture clad, dreamy, blissful, blizzarding, aura musical, resonant, vibrant, exquisite, luster robed, but ultimately, through rare Wartortle wisdom, I became Lugia/Bunny
    ​Father Crow/Ho-Oh is God, invincible, immortal, eternal, everlasting, salvation, auroras, glitter, fragrance, sparkle, zap, psycho boosted, enigmatic, unleashed, ultimate, archaic, dinosaur