Here is how I watch:
1) I watch to see the absolute barn burners and big plays. Home runs, big finishes (e.g., Damian Lillard in the 2019 playoffs), football teams 'lighting up' the scoreboard - perhaps the way college football has been played over the past ten years.
2) I watch to see a "David vs. Goliath" upset. I remember Boise State vs. Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl, and what an amazing game that was.
3) If my local team is strong, then I'll watch them to see if they can win it all. I remember when the Raptors won in 2019 and that was amazing.
4) I watch the classic games to see the big teams and big players of yesteryear. What I would pay, for instance, to see Babe Ruth or Lou Gehrig play in a live baseball game.
5) I bet on games. If my team isn't doing well, I'll bet against them, so I can have a winning outcome either way.
In any event, do you any of watch sports? Can you think of another way of watching sports that is interesting? How do you think different types watch sports? Any opinions are welcome...