Thread: How do u relate to different instinctual zones?

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do u relate to different instinctual zones?

Last edited by persimmonism; 07-22-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chocolatte, your post got me thinking about the part SX-instinct plays in a person binding their identity to their passions.

Would you describe more what you mean by "delineation" ? - In terms of hobbies/interests, more than the relationships aspect.
    Would a manifestation of that be the control of time and energy spent?

What I took from that was it could be limiting to define yourself by *an* interest, when you could rather be even more free, or multi-faceted.

But I don't know whether I've understood you (or the SX instinct) correctly.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thistle

I don't think SX defines themselves by a single interest. By the piano example I gave, I didn't mean that I lacked the impulse to define myself by the interest, I meant more that my unconscious choice of phrasing when thinking of myself in relation to the hobby demonstrates how I still felt separate from the hobby. I still see two discrete entities: me and music. Deep down the "me" remains separate from my passion.

I think you're SP/SO because when you say " to counteract the SP boring-ness" I think SX-blinds, and not SP-firsts, are the ones to commonly think they're boring and lacking that "juice" others have. You also seem to have a better grasp of SP and SO than of SX. Personally, it took me a few years to really spot what about me makes me SX-blind and to figure out what is SX is, in practice.

Here's how I picture the instincts which helped me understand SX (i hope it's helpful): if you have a bunch of dots on a piece of paper representing people as well as interests.
    -drawing a circle around a dot represents SP
    -drawing circles around groups of dots represents SO
    -drawing straight lines directly linking 2 dots represents SX
    the dominant instinct can be represented by bolder lines and the second instinct as a more faded, but still present, line.

So if you're SX-blind and there are not one but two types of circles already delineating (putting boundaries around) dots, then it makes sense that they have a hard time bypassing *both* lines to shoot a direct line from themselves to another.
    When SX is first then they easily disregard the SP and SO circles in favor of shooting straight from themselves to another dot.
    Fr SP-blinds: say their dot is already within a group of dots. nothing is stopping them from shooting a straight line to another dot. and if the dot is outside their SO circle, it's not super hard either especially for SX/SO whose SO boundaries are faded.

"Would a manifestation of that be the control of time and energy spent?" I'm not sure how to answer this yet but I'll sit on it, anyway i need to go now eep i'm late!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    I didn't mean that I lacked the impulse to define myself by the interest, I meant more that my unconscious choice of phrasing when thinking of myself in relation to the hobby demonstrates how I still felt separate from the hobby.
    Oh, thanks for the explanation Both you and asd alluded to this and it makes sense (of course), that the lead instinct is so essential to us that it just is.

Our word choices hint at it. Perhaps we pipe up in conversations where the lead instinct matters are raised.

In my case, I grew up with SP-first parents whose conversations concerned maintenance: of home and health, employability, money set aside for a rainy day, etc
    All that tells my history of who I am = SP. Absorbed priorities over time, I suppose.

Representing the borders of SP and SO on paper does help -
    Drawing this, I'm most at home with the guarded dot/s. Crossing borders is not like me at all - I hang back.

So SP/SO for me might be closer to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    I'm not sure how to answer this yet but I'll sit on it, anyway i need to go now eep i'm late!
    that's ok, I have a habit of overcomplicating things that may not even require a definitive answer or be mine to know.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    In my case, I grew up with SP-first parents whose conversations concerned maintenance: of home and health, employability, money set aside for a rainy day, etc
    All that tells my history of who I am = SP. Absorbed priorities over time, I suppose.
    I also grew up with SP-first parents (actually, my sibling is also SP-first!) which tells my story like you I focus on SP way more than the average so/sp for sure. but since no one focused on SO, I assumed that I wasn't supposed to focus on mine.. hence some distortions.