Thread: I spilled an entire bottle of nail polish remover in my only handbag and now it’s ruined.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I spilled an entire bottle of nail polish remover in my only handbag and now it’s ruined.

RIP handbag (2013-2020). It was a small brown leather handbag that I purchased from Madewell for about $100.

For the last several months, I’ve been carrying my wallet, keys, and phone in my hands with me wherever I go because I haven’t bothered to find a replacement bag.

Once upon a time I didn’t carry a wallet, just a ziploc bag in my purse to store my money and cards in. I actually bought my wallet from wellsfargo.com (of all places) when I was ordering checks. Its a pretty basic wallet. Probably not the trendiest thing I own, but I like it. I think I learned this behavior from my SEI grandma—she bought her purse from the gas station.

Anyway, I think we need a handbag thread. Post pictures of bags that you own (or want to own) here!

TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want this.
    If they ever tryna neck, I'll put my foot up in your caca
    Call your mama and your papa
    Like I'm finna take your dadda
    Turn that bitch into a soccer ball and rocka, rocka, rocka (brrr)
    Get into it like a suit
    And fuck a stack up like a broker

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@PunkSailor very cute!!!

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I thought alpha sfs had no less than 50 purses on them at any given time

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    I thought alpha sfs had no less than 50 purses on them at any given time
    @ouronis I think sometimes we’re more practical and down to earth than we’re given credit for

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been eyeing this white bag from coach-
    https://www.coach.com/coach-swinger-...4%2FHA#start=1.
    I’ve noticed that longer, cross-body styles are less trendy these days, so I like that this one has a shorter strap. I’m slightly concerned about it looking too bright irl tho.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Get a bright yellow leather one with zebra stripes

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    I’ve been eyeing this white bag from coach-
    https://www.coach.com/coach-swinger-...4%2FHA#start=1.
    I’ve noticed that longer, cross-body styles are less trendy these days, so I like that this one has a shorter strap. I’m slightly concerned about it looking too bright irl tho.
    I just watched the video in the link of the woman unzipping the handbag and inserting an iPhone into it. Being Sx-first is a curse.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Get a bright yellow leather one with zebra stripes
    I don’t know if I can pull that off lol.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I just watched the video in the link of the woman unzipping the handbag and inserting an iPhone into it. Being Sx-first is a curse.
    Lol I’m not familiar enough with enneagram to get this joke.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol I’m not familiar enough with enneagram to get this joke.
    It's probably better that way.

I temporarily forgot that SEIs hate my jokes. So I'll stop now.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a sexual joke Adam?

I don't know about other SEIs but if it is a sexual joke the thought that someone would find that sexual due to being Sx-first

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    Is this a sexual joke Adam?

I don't know about other SEIs but if it is a sexual joke the thought that someone would find that sexual due to being Sx-first

Yes, it was a sexual reference. Did you watch the video in the link?

I know that women spend a lot of time and money on purses to make sure that they send just the right message. I have to assume that purses represent more than just a way to carry junk, otherwise a plastic Kroger bag would do.
    What I really wonder, though, is how much of a woman's identity can be inferred from her purse, and are most guys even aware of the message, or is the message meant for other women?

"Look at this! Give up now, ladies, because you can't compete with this!"

Or maybe I just have too much time on my hands and I should just go change the oil in my truck right now.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I really wonder, though, is how much of a woman's identity can be inferred from her purse, and are most guys even aware of the message, or is the message meant for other women?
    I assume it is meant for other women or it is part of women seemingly more easily caving to peer-pressure and social demands.

I personally don't notice a woman's bag outside of maybe sometimes thinking it has to be inconvenient/annoying to carry it. Most men I know also don't seem to care.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

All that sniffable acetone gone for nothing. We used that stuff in a lab to skip brushing step in dish washing. Laziness.... is truly a sin.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SGF View Post
    I assume it is meant for other women or it is part of women seemingly more easily caving to peer-pressure and social demands.

I personally don't notice a woman's bag outside of maybe sometimes thinking it has to be inconvenient/annoying to carry it. Most men I know also don't seem to care.

It’s actually more annoying not to carry one. Yesterday I dropped my sushi while I was walking to my car trying to balance everything (phone, keys, wallet, sushi, and a bag of tangerines) I was carrying out of the store. Women’s pants are usually too tight to have functional pockets.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that women spend a lot of time and money on purses to make sure that they send just the right message. I have to assume that purses represent more than just a way to carry junk, otherwise a plastic Kroger bag would do.

"Look at this! Give up now, ladies, because you can't compete with this!
    Definitely. I want my message to fall somewhere in between “my purse is a trash bag” and “give up now, ladies!” (Gulenko says “SEI has a tendency to stay in the middle”)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    All that sniffable acetone gone for nothing. We used that stuff in a lab to skip brushing step in dish washing. Laziness.... is truly a sin.
    Dish washing? Lab? Nail polish remover? SEI confused.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I was carrying

But I needed something bigger for all my junk I lug around lol

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Constant horniness does not equal sx first . . . just saying, there is some selectivity there you know.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    What I was carrying

But I needed something bigger for all my junk I lug around lol

I love both both of these bags!! Especially the black backpack. It’s hard to find a bag that chic AND practical

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, backpack purse if my favorite, too. I like having free hands. I love Sak crochet because it looks new forever. And I like a soft and simple look.

https://www.thesak.com/products/omg-...39285454864442
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love both both of these bags!! Especially the black backpack. It’s hard to find a bag that chic AND practical
    thanks

I actually bought the bag off the coach outlet site, if you like coach and didn’t already know about it. I just found it at the beginning of the year and now it’s one of my new favorite online shopping sites (that I should probably stay away from )
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I knew a gay guy once on Youtube who liked 'man purses' and stuff. lol. I liked his personality because he was genuinely nice but I always felt too much like a man to carry a purse despite in all reality probably not being much of a real man at all and not liking sports/hunting/fishing/playing Call of Duty/selling str8 man drugs and other stuff males usually like doing. I thought it was really courages what he did but it still felt out of place for me.

I was curious of why women wear purses at all. I asked my mom once and she said 'cause we suck' but she was clearly just joking. I read that the reason was cuz back in the day women garment's pockets sucked on their clothes and purses were the solution to this... kinda interesting I guess. There's a lot of logical crap my emotional type ass doesn't know but I like learning it when I want to not when it's on other people's time. =p

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    I knew a gay guy once on Youtube who liked 'man purses' and stuff. lol. I liked his personality because he was genuinely nice but I always felt too much like a man to carry a purse despite in all reality probably not being much of a real man at all and not liking sports/hunting/fishing/playing Call of Duty/selling str8 man drugs and other stuff males usually like doing. I thought it was really courages what he did but it still felt out of place for me.

I was curious of why women wear purses at all. I asked my mom once and she said 'cause we suck' but she was clearly just joking. I read that the reason was cuz back in the day women garment's pockets sucked on their clothes and purses were the solution to this... kinda interesting I guess. There's a lot of logical crap my emotional type ass doesn't know but I like learning it when I want to not when it's on other people's time. =p
    That's the reason that I thought of, too, @BandD. Plus, bulging pockets on dresses spoil the lines.

Now, do you know why women's blouses have buttons on the opposite side as men's shirts?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coco Chanel said pockets on women's clothes were for decoration only, not for practicality. It's still more or less the forgotten norm.

Buttons are on the opposite side so buttoning/unbuttoning was a similar movement whether you undressed yourself or your spouse when it was only straight couples. That's what I heard, can't be 100% sure.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    Coco Chanel said pockets on women's clothes were for decoration only, not for practicality. It's still more or less the forgotten norm.

Buttons are on the opposite side so buttoning/unbuttoning was a similar movement whether you undressed yourself or your spouse when it was only straight couples. That's what I heard, can't be 100% sure.
    I heard that women's buttons are on the "wrong" side because they were buttoned by maids who faced them.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.