Thread: Question to LSEs about Fi

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Question to LSEs about Fi

What does it feel like, when someone uses Fi with you? When someone tries to close the distance? Do you enjoy it? Do you sometimes feel like it's a bit much? Do you want more?

You can talk about relationships in any context, romantic, platonic, or anything else.

Does it gradually make your own feelings clearer to interact with and get to an Fi lead? What kind of difference (pros and cons?) do you find between an Fi lead usage of Fi and and Fi creative's?

How does Ne play into it? For example Fi+Se, vs. Fi+Ne - how does each one make you feel?

I know there aren't a lot of LSEs online...but oh well.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe EIIs who know LSEs should get them to respond to this thread to get it going lol
    @Minde @Beautiful sky

..if that's okay with you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

When you think about what Fi is which is internal world of feelings coupled with ethics and morals you get an EII who has very little surface emotions and that’s what Estj like because emotions tire them out and ethics or morals come out in judgement form and most often Estj align their own moral compass to infj so as to have a similar reaction or view of things albeit Estj can come from a society that is different. My husband is republican and he has a more evangelical world view and I am a humanist liberal so our difference is that I am in favor of abortion and he’s not. When I use my own Fi to say how wrong it is that the evangelicals force raped women to have a baby as my own moral view his own is that killing is wrong and he supports pro life. Our morals clash on a Fe societal point but our Fi takes a lead “you can have a different view of how you want your society to be!” We still love each other regardless of these external ethics and our own internal ethics is “don’t divide a relationship based on differences in viewpoints”.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-22-2021 at 11:11 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    When you think about what Finis which is internal world of feelings coupled with ethics and morals you get an EII who has very little surface emotions and that’s what Estj like because emotions tire them out and ethics or morals come out in judgement for and most often Estj align their own moral compass to infj so as to have a similar reaction or view of things albeit Estj can come from a society that is different. My husband is republican and he has a more evangelical world view and I am humanist liberal so our difference is that I am in favor and of abortion and he’s not. When I use my own Fi to say how wrong it is that the evangelicals force raped women to have a baby as my own moral view his own is that killing is wrong and he supports pro life. Our morals clash on a Fe societal point but our Fi takes a lead “you can have a different view of how you want your society to be!” We still love each other regardless of these external ethics and our own internal ethics is “don’t divide a relationship based on differences in viewpoints”.
    Interesting. I think tolerance is pretty Fi+ value yeah, so I can see where you are coming from

I was typing out an answer that basically went like "maybe I might argue about this though, from time to time," but then I...seem to realize where they are coming from and I see both sides now lol, can't pick. That's one thing with dual isn't it? Hard to disagree with them even if you have a supposedly opposite point of view.

But yeah, anyways, in general if the values of someone close to me bothered me, I think I would end up bringing it up at some point (usually after I have gotten to know them really well).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    Interesting. I think tolerance is pretty Fi+ value yeah, so I can see where you are coming from

I was typing out an answer that basically went like "maybe I might argue about this though, from time to time," but then I...seem to realize where they are coming from and I see both sides now lol, can't pick. That's one thing with dual isn't it? Hard to disagree with them even if you have a supposedly opposite point of view.

But yeah, anyways, in general if the values of someone close to me bothered me, I think I would end up bringing it up at some point (usually after I have gotten to know them really well).
    Oh I can’t sway him with my view point and neither can any of his family members. He is who he is and re requires acceptance regardless of his views. I can see how he would be in a compatible relationship with an SEE who is also hard core republican but I don’t think it would work as they don’t have the same kind of general love and fret freeness - light hearted ness that I have
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Sol
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If you reread my signature it pretty much says Estj are not very individual focused, which we as EII are, they can be self centered and we can be selfless and considerate, so in many regards we are opposite of Estj and they like that about us. They are specifically looking for just that since our kindness helps us keep close relationship and their rudeness can cause others to not want to be around them lol
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What does it feel like, when someone uses Fi with you?
    It's pleasant to understand a sympathy. Not Fe related alike "you are great" to what trust lesser.
    Fi types associate with warmness and kindness. I perceive this as friendly behavior.

> When someone tries to close the distance?

Depends on the degree I like someone and would want that.

> You can talk about relationships in any context, romantic, platonic, or anything else.

I may talk about feelings, relations. And generally think as inappropriate to talk about physical details of sex, except would with a pair.

> Does it gradually make your own feelings clearer to interact with and get to an Fi lead? What kind of difference (pros and cons?) do you find between an Fi lead usage of Fi and and Fi creative's?

Base Fi are introverts and rationals, what I accept better. I prefer quiter and more stable people.

> How does Ne play into it? For example Fi+Se, vs. Fi+Ne - how does each one make you feel?

N types are perceived as more intelligent, with better imagination and so more interesting as persons. Also they are more tender, what I like in women.
    ESI have valued Se. I perceive their interest to money as redundant, as underesteemating the need in comfort and health care. S types are more direct in influencing, where N may influence not worse with lesser direct opposing. Methods of Se I may find as dumb and some annoying. Also their lack of N means the lack of understanding of me, of a situation, of consequences of actions - they need more time to get it, and during this time may do inappropriate to lead to worse result. ESI are cute, mainly pleasant, but can be not easy to deal with - it needs additional communication to explain them what and why to do, what is correct, what would be better for both, for others. Without such communication misunderstanding may lead to chronic problems, which Ne would see how to overcome.

> I know there aren't a lot of LSEs online...but oh well.

psychology is not the common interest of TS types

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here’s today’s example. I have a sweet old lady for a neighbor. She’s single and reads a lot of books. She was carrying two big bags and was attempting to walk to the library to return them and I noticed her walking. I stopped her and asked her if she wanted me to drop her off (the library is a little more than half a mile away). My husband comes out and I tell him we are going to drop her off and he rudely says to her “it’s in the opposite direction that we’re going so we can’t and won’t do it! And we’re on a time crunch so we can’t” I was stunned and not surprised. He expected this little old lady for whom I had an awful lot of sympathy for walk with these heavy bags of books a few blocks to return them when it would have taken us two minutes to drive there. She was right when she walked away she said “I’ll leave you guys so she (your wife -me!) can growl at you. I sometimes ask myself if any other type can be married to such a grumpy type. He is truly fire or ice.

However, I asked him to go back into the store to see if he could find me shoes because I need a new pair and he had no problem even though we are still in a time crunch. Such contradictions make him difficult but easy to deal with if you have patience
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-23-2021 at 11:15 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Here’s today’s example. I have a sweet old lady for a neighbor. She’s single and reads a lot of books. She was carrying two big bags and was attempting to walk to the library to return them and I noticed her walking. I stopped her and asked her if she wanted me to drop her off (the library is a little more than half a mile away). My husband comes out and I tell him we are going to drop her off and he rudely says to her “it’s in the opposite direction that we’re going so we can’t and won’t do it! And we’re on a time crunch so we can’t” I was stunned and not surprised. He expected this little old lady for whom I had an awful lot of sympathy for walk with these heavy bags of books a few blocks to return them when it would have taken us two minutes to drive there. She was right when she walked away she said “I’ll leave you guys so she (your wife -me!) can growl at you. I sometimes ask myself if any other type can be married to such a grumpy type. He is truly fire or ice.

However, I asked him to go back into the store to see if he could find me shoes because I need a new pair and he had no problem even though we are still in a time crunch. Such contradictions make him difficult but easy to deal with if you have patience
    Did she actually say “I’ll leave you guys so she can growl at you”? Haha

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Did she actually say “I’ll leave you guys so she can growl at you”? Haha
    Yes she did
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here’s an interesting twist of situations...where my Fi comes out
    We are at the park and two siblings snap the time on the only two sings. They are taking their time and not letting others have a turn. After asking twice one let my daughter take a turn but stalks the swing for when she gets off. I tell my husband “I don’t like those kinds of kids. There are so many more considerate and kind kids” he uses Ne to say “well you don’t know what their circumstances are babe”
    -