User Tag List

Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Do not click on this post.

  1. #1
    Look on the Dark Side lawter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Carne Vale
    TIM
    LIE sx8
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Do not click on this post.

    Did you really fall for that? Reverse psychology. Oldest trick in the book.
    LIE 8w7 sx/so. I've got more bags under my eyes than in my bank account. Feel free to ask me anything you like, but if you make me sit through a philosophical debate, I might kill myself and then kill you. In that order.

  2. #2
    C-ESI-Se sx/sp ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    the center of the universe
    Posts
    15,763
    Mentioned
    883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmmmmm

  3. #3
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Posts
    2,055
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    brmmmmmm

  4. #4
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    10,925
    Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are you male or female?

  5. #5
    PunkSailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    ����
    TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Karkat Vantas has entered the chat
    I had a boyfriend that I paid everything for, his debt, his car, and all I have to say to that is: that I was one dumb bitch

  6. #6
    Look on the Dark Side lawter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Carne Vale
    TIM
    LIE sx8
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Are you male or female?
    Hi there. Why do you ask? Just curious?
    I did say you're free to ask anything you like, though I technically did not guarantee the prospect of a valid answer. (Don't worry, I'm not just messing with you, there's a reason I'm hesitant to disclose this).
    Last edited by lawter; 05-04-2021 at 05:32 AM.

  7. #7
    Look on the Dark Side lawter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Carne Vale
    TIM
    LIE sx8
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PunkSailor View Post
    Karkat Vantas has entered the chat
    Shit. I’ve been found out. Abort! Abort, damn it!
    Hey, really though, glad to see someone recognize the avatar. How would you type Karkat, if I may ask? If you have an Enneagram guess as well, feel free to throw it in. I have my own thoughts on the matter, but I want you to go first.

  8. #8
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    10,925
    Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lawter View Post
    Hi there. Why do you ask? Just curious?
    I did say you're free to ask anything you like, though I technically did not guarantee the prospect of a valid answer. (Don't worry, I'm not just messing with you, there's a reason I'm hesitant to disclose this).
    @lawter, I asked because the answer is not obvious to me.

    I tend to form conclusions from sparse data of all sorts, and I like to compare my guesses from that sparse data to facts.

    Sparce data so far: You claim to be an LIE 8w7. Having read your shouts, I see nothing to contradict that, so let’s assume for the time being that it’s true.
    Your avatar picture reminds me (for who knows what reasons?) of my EIE female cousin. Plus, Karkat looks vaguely female, and didn’t he fall for a guy in his storyline?
    LIE 8w7 is a very male personality, so whether it inhabits a male or female body, it’s going to appear male from a superficial examination.

    There is enough ambiguity in the above to make me wonder whether you are male or female. The reason I want to know this is to be better able to treat you in the manner in which you’d expect to be treated.

    For the record, I work with a lot of people with very unusual (for me) names. I always try really hard to get their name and its pronunciation right, because that just seems to show a decent respect for them.

  9. #9
    Look on the Dark Side lawter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Carne Vale
    TIM
    LIE sx8
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @lawter, I asked because the answer is not obvious to me.

    I tend to form conclusions from sparse data of all sorts, and I like to compare my guesses from that sparse data to facts.

    Sparce data so far: You claim to be an LIE 8w7. Having read your shouts, I see nothing to contradict that, so let’s assume for the time being that it’s true.
    Your avatar picture reminds me (for who knows what reasons?) of my EIE female cousin. Plus, Karkat looks vaguely female, and didn’t he fall for a guy in his storyline?
    LIE 8w7 is a very male personality, so whether it inhabits a male or female body, it’s going to appear male from a superficial examination.

    There is enough ambiguity in the above to make me wonder whether you are male or female. The reason I want to know this is to be better able to treat you in the manner in which you’d expect to be treated.

    For the record, I work with a lot of people with very unusual (for me) names. I always try really hard to get their name and its pronunciation right, because that just seems to show a decent respect for them.
    Alright, you won me over with that response. Here, full disclosure.
    I'm very aware that my personality is often perceived as traditionally masculine. I have no qualms with this. I don't even really have qualms with being perceived as feminine either, per se. I respect people who have attachments to gender identity, whether they identify with their assigned gender, or the opposite, though I don't particularly go around championing anyone's rights.
    This may be my own shit sense of grasping identity speaking, but I myself don't really understand attachment to such roles. I've tried for a while to comprehend what use they may have outside of strictly utilitarian applications, though after a while, I think I mostly just gave up on trying to dissect the gist of it. I do know that if presented with an array of mixed descriptors that apply to male and female roles, I will most likely end up picking far more descriptors that are deemed to be male. Regardless, when it comes to internal identity, I don't feel the need to stick "man" or "woman" or even "neither" onto myself. As such, you don't really have to worry about offending, misgendering, or disrespecting me, since I'm ambivalent to anything of the sort. Perhaps you understand what I'm talking about, or perhaps it sounds like complete gibberish. Either way, I don't mind, so refer to me as anything you prefer.

    If you'd like to know what's in my pants, that's a different story. For the record, this is not a ploy designed to keep people guessing, so I do understand that some people feel uncomfortable with the inability to slot a person into a specific category. If you happen to be particularly in need of an answer, I will provide you with one. However, if you're asking what my preference is on the matter, it'd honestly be best if you just stuck to whatever you felt made sense.

    For the record, this might be the first time I've had to provide such a long-winded explanation. For the most part, people make an assumption and everyone else ends up rolling with it. Which is fine as well, really.
    Last edited by lawter; 05-04-2021 at 12:00 PM.

  10. #10
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    10,925
    Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lawter View Post
    Alright, you won me over with that response. Here, full disclosure.
    I'm very aware that my personality is often perceived as traditionally masculine. I have no qualms with this. I don't even really have qualms with being perceived as feminine either, per se. I respect people who have attachments to gender identity, whether they identify with their assigned gender, or the opposite, though I don't particularly go around championing anyone's rights.
    This may be my own shit sense of grasping identity speaking, but I myself don't really understand attachment to such roles. I've tried for a while to comprehend what use they may have outside of strictly utilitarian applications, though after a while, I think I mostly just gave up on trying to dissect the gist of it. I do know that if presented with an array of mixed descriptors that apply to male and female roles, I will most likely end up picking far more descriptors that are deemed to be male. Regardless, when it comes to internal identity, I don't feel the need to stick "man" or "woman" or even "neither" onto myself. As such, you don't really have to worry about offending, misgendering, or disrespecting me, since I'm ambivalent to anything of the sort. Perhaps you understand what I'm talking about, or perhaps it sounds like complete gibberish. Either way, I don't mind, so refer to me as anything you prefer.

    If you'd like to know what's in my pants, that's a different story. For the record, this is not a ploy designed to keep people guessing, so I do understand that some people feel uncomfortable with the inability to slot a person into a specific category. If you happen to be particularly in need of an answer, I will provide you with one. However, if you're asking what my preference is on the matter, it'd honestly be best if you just stuck to whatever you felt made sense.
    Lol. Fair enough. I definitely see Victim here, whether it is LIE or EIE (you are very verbally accomplished) I can’t tell, but it will eventually become clearer.

    Anyway, I think I understand where you are coming from and I’m glad to know that I probably won’t offend you if I make some mild assumptions about you.

    And no, I don’t need to know what’s in your pants. I only care about that for a very few people, and they are all ESI Aggressors.

  11. #11
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    10,925
    Mentioned
    1119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why did you choose Karkat Vantas as your avatar?

  12. #12
    Look on the Dark Side lawter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Carne Vale
    TIM
    LIE sx8
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Why did you choose Karkat Vantas as your avatar?
    Okay, buckle in. I've always been interested primarily in characters. Sure, the setting's interesting, and everyone loves to melt into a world of escapist fantasy. But at the core of it all, a story's written by people, about people, and for people. I like to write in my spare time, and frankly, it's almost a bit of an issue how much I focus on trying to transcribe the character dynamics that seem to be hidden away somewhere in the endless expanse of my mind.
    Anyway, the point is that there are certain characters (and people, for that matter, but that's a story for a different time) that, for lack of better phrasing, "just kind of hit different". A lot of the time they happen to be vulnerable, afraid, angry, and make a lot of attempts to intimidate people, often to little avail. Perhaps I have a desire to protect them, or I see some sort of inner child in them, but it's always there and it always elicits a very particular feeling from me. Hell, I'm not even one to sing praises regarding Homestuck's writing. I think everyone knows that it's very rough around the edges. But all else be damned, Hussie knows how to write compelling characters.

    It might have something to do with being pretty self-loathing at the time, but I think to an extent, I was almost inspired by the character of Karkat. I can't say he's exactly like me, really, aside from the fact that he's a person who has good intentions who happens to be pretty avoidant and pushes his loved ones away. Not to say I always have good intentions, but, you know, we all like to think we do. He's very human. From what I recall, the irony of that statement is even mentioned in the comic itself a few times. But there's a very appealing element in there for me. Something about being misunderstood and outcasted. Wanting to do the right thing and getting no compensation for it. No home, no solace, just you against the world.

    You're very good at asking the right questions.

  13. #13
    PunkSailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    ����
    TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lawter View Post
    Shit. I’ve been found out. Abort! Abort, damn it!
    Hey, really though, glad to see someone recognize the avatar. How would you type Karkat, if I may ask? If you have an Enneagram guess as well, feel free to throw it in. I have my own thoughts on the matter, but I want you to go first.
    I'll be honest I haven't keep up with Homestuck since 2013. What I do remember is him being Fe+Se valuing... Maybe EIE.
    I had a boyfriend that I paid everything for, his debt, his car, and all I have to say to that is: that I was one dumb bitch

  14. #14
    Look on the Dark Side lawter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Carne Vale
    TIM
    LIE sx8
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PunkSailor View Post
    I'll be honest I haven't keep up with Homestuck since 2013. What I do remember is him being Fe+Se valuing... Maybe EIE.
    That's probably fair. 2013 was a good time to call it quits. I was thinking EIE as well, most likely. EIE sx6? 682? Something like that.

  15. #15
    wayward sellsword Takyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    TIM
    ILE 548
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ? I thought your pfp was Kankri (red turtleneck)

    But yeah EIE for Karkat makes sense. I think he is triple reactive 648
    Death is the engine of Earth

  16. #16
    Look on the Dark Side lawter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Carne Vale
    TIM
    LIE sx8
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takyon View Post
    ? I thought your pfp was Kankri (red turtleneck)

    But yeah EIE for Karkat makes sense. I think he is triple reactive 648
    f57f675db232ebb58b88ab45d3ba5d45.jpg

  17. #17
    PunkSailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    ����
    TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takyon View Post
    ? I thought your pfp was Kankri (red turtleneck)

    But yeah EIE for Karkat makes sense. I think he is triple reactive 648
    TAKYON
    I had a boyfriend that I paid everything for, his debt, his car, and all I have to say to that is: that I was one dumb bitch

  18. #18
    wayward sellsword Takyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    TIM
    ILE 548
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    PUNKSAILOR
    Death is the engine of Earth

  19. #19
    PunkSailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    ����
    TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Takyon I miss you
    I had a boyfriend that I paid everything for, his debt, his car, and all I have to say to that is: that I was one dumb bitch

  20. #20
    wayward sellsword Takyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    TIM
    ILE 548
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PunkSailor View Post
    @Takyon I miss you
    I miss u more
    Death is the engine of Earth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •