Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why don’t people like Gulenko?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatte View Post
    What do you guys think of his type descriptions? I think they're overall good, but I'm not sure about how good.
    The way I understand socionics is that it's an information metabolism thing, therefore invisible. Since type descriptions are about observed behavior a lot of the time, I think it's wise to take them with a grain of salt. Also, to remember an ESE doesn't look the same to an LIE and an LII. And that that an ESE from Canada won't act the same way as an ESE from China. In Canada, the ESE will be encouraged to be demonstrative and friendly because of culture, China has a more introverted, intuitive, and dutifull kind of culture, so that makes more reseved ESE.
    I'm gonna skip the personal life part, it plays a huge role too but requires time and trust.
    Overall, there's so many things to consider, it's a nightmare.

The best attitude imo is keeping an open mind and not fret too much about it, no one is gonna die from a mistype.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you guys think of his type descriptions? I think they're overall good, but I'm not sure about how good.
    I've been reading the ones on his website which I really like. I find them to be useful and accurate. He says a lot in a few lines. Sometimes they make me burst into laughter at their accuracy. e.g SEI-C 'Having splashed out in an emotional outburst, he sleeps in a secluded place'. (spashed out, the poetry!) LSI-C 'Has the qualities of a lifeguard'. Haha. LSI-H 'Choosing food. Drinks a lot of fluids'. This is my brother, always a big glass in his hand. I wish I spoke Russain lol, the language sounds fun.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    i like gulenko's theories, i just don't put a halo over them or believe in the One True Socionist. but generally dcnh is pretty central to how i think about socionics these days.

also i wouldn't be surprised if most socionists battle type one another...
    Is gulenko the inventor of dcnh?
    I don't feel inclined to understand the nuts and bolts behind a new theory (just because I buy an analysis, like that's a measure of how legitimate I think it is haha) and gulenko's entire system is too much effort, but I feel soft about this dcnh thing. At face value it's so intuitive and similar to those 4-type basics that have been around since forever. But I wonder if actually understanding it would ruin it lol. If gulenko invented it he gets Fi points from me though. (He already had some because I found him not unpleasant to work with when I did videos,considering the language barrier and currency conversion confusion and stuff . FYI @ this thread)

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I don't feel inclined to understand the nuts and bolts behind a new theory (just because I buy an analysis, like that's a measure of how legitimate I think it is haha) and gulenko's entire system is too much effort, but I feel soft about this dcnh thing. At face value it's so intuitive and similar to those 4-type basics that have been around since forever. But I wonder if actually understanding it would ruin it lol. If gulenko invented it he gets Fi points from me though. (He already had some because I found him not unpleasant to work with when I did videos,considering the language barrier and currency conversion confusion and stuff . FYI @ this thread)
    theories with 4 subtypes are very common. look at DISG for expample. DCNH is similar, but overall more valuable to me.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    theories with 4 subtypes are very common. look at DISG for expample. DCNH is similar, but overall more valuable to me.
    Ye, like earth, fire, air, water. I appreciate the (is this just a political word?) lindy-ness

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    I've been reading the ones on his website which I really like. I find them to be useful and accurate. He says a lot in a few lines. Sometimes they make me burst into laughter at their accuracy. e.g SEI-C 'Having splashed out in an emotional outburst, he sleeps in a secluded place'. (spashed out, the poetry!) LSI-C 'Has the qualities of a lifeguard'. Haha. LSI-H 'Choosing food. Drinks a lot of fluids'. This is my brother, always a big glass in his hand. I wish I spoke Russain lol, the language sounds fun.
    Haha! Yeah, they're amusing. The best descriptions are the ones that paint a colorful story.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all type descriptions are only for references. To type someone, it's needed to understand the information metabolism at first.

I think his descriptions are generally good but it is indeed a description and all descriptions are limited. I actually find that Piatnitskiy's descriptions are the most neutral ones although not very informative.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking RedVsGold's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    He is actually a space lizard with impenetrable skin brought to you by genius malignant EIE who knows all the truths in the universe.
    Wow, this is Luigi's Mansion!! Alien tentacles and songebob soda pop in the cool winter Mt. Fuji giraffe!!

Maybe You are extraverted after all, like you told Me. I'm introverted.
    Raptor was Lugia through Erling Haaland Riley Halloween in 2023 vs Inter Milan, showing journals of impossible dialogues and colosseums of grand altitudes shocking pinch torrent gel and flash arcing clockwork folly and ageless triumph holding fuses of collections. Raptor defeated Sauron in 2006 by stopping Zidane Zapdos Zarathustra Tesla, ideas of oasis healing gifting sacred gems and envelopes of highlight stealth picturing raiment of claymores and seawater caliber psychic birds
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    The way I understand socionics is that it's an information metabolism thing, therefore invisible. Since type descriptions are about observed behavior a lot of the time, I think it's wise to take them with a grain of salt. Also, to remember an ESE doesn't look the same to an LIE and an LII. And that that an ESE from Canada won't act the same way as an ESE from China. In Canada, the ESE will be encouraged to be demonstrative and friendly because of culture, China has a more introverted, intuitive, and dutifull kind of culture, so that makes more reseved ESE.
    I'm gonna skip the personal life part, it plays a huge role too but requires time and trust.
    Overall, there's so many things to consider, it's a nightmare.

The best attitude imo is keeping an open mind and not fret too much about it, no one is gonna die from a mistype.
    I agree. Although I think Chinese culture nowadays are not as intuitive as the traditional ones.

Also I think it's important to notice the historical context plays an important role. I don't think that historical figures are necessarily Fe-base types. Such ideology might seem to be Fe nowadays, but it could also be related to Fi in a specific context.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Wow, this is Luigi's Mansion!! Alien tentacles and songebob soda pop in the cool winter Mt. Fuji giraffe!!

Maybe You are extraverted after all, like you told Me. I'm introverted.
    I think I'd love to be an introvert and have more self contained focus.. but crap I think even based on the feedback I'm not very contained and I have no issues of talking a lot in large groups but intimate settings are much more challenging... feelings and crap. I'm waiting for Gulenko typing.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

I see very few criticisms of Gulenko from people that understand his work (not to say those people/critiques don't exist, but I have not seen them). I think Gulenko's system is very sturdy and makes a lot of sense. It's one of the most consistent frameworks I've seen in socionics. Learning Model G made everything click for me, and even made Model A easier to understand. A lot of the criticisms I've seen seem to stem from disagreements without a framework to back them up (such as disagreeing with a type, perhaps stemming from different "type images"), disagreements regarding certain results of Gulenko's system (such as the preponderance of Beta typings) which hinge upon assumptions that we really have no way to verify, or disagreements that completely misunderstand socionics/SHS in general.

For all the commentary on how poor Gulenko's typings are, I wish there were arguments to back these criticisms up that address Gulenko's diagnostics/work. Because of the lack of argumentation, I tend to think that people dislike Gulenko due to his increased popularity (flak is a natural response; popularity comes in both positive and negative forms) and because he steps on preconceived frameworks/conclusions.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CR400AF View Post
    I agree. Although I think Chinese culture nowadays are not as intuitive as the traditional ones.

Also I think it's important to notice the historical context plays an important role. I don't think that historical figures are necessarily Fe-base types. Such ideology might seem to be Fe nowadays, but it could also be related to Fi in a specific context.
    I only picked a type and used it under different lightings, didn't mean to say it has anything to do with historical figures nor ideology. No idea how this stuff happened.
    I don't know much about canadian history tbh, and mostly know historical stuff about China.
    I tend to research spiritual stuff, one has next to none and the other, idk, thousands of years of it.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    I only picked a type and used it under different lightings, didn't mean to say it has anything to do with historical figures nor ideology. No idea how this stuff happened.
    I don't know much about canadian history tbh, and mostly know historical stuff about China.
    I tend to research spiritual stuff, one has next to none and the other, idk, thousands of years of it.
    I am sorry that I didn't make it clear. I commented on the historical context not to comment your post but to note that besides what you dicussed, I think Gulenko might be ignoring this when he typed so many historical figures as EIEs.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CR400AF View Post
    I am sorry that I didn't make it clear. I commented on the historical context not to comment your post but to note that besides what you dicussed, I think Gulenko might be ignoring this when he typed so many historical figures as EIEs.
    Oh, thanks for clarifying.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    yes, model G (G for Gulenko)
    i basically like things when i see there is truth in them, and dcnh has helped me notice some people of some types who might not conventionally fit into their type, like when i realized i'd been seeing SLIs as only SLI-N or SLI-H generally. I've also noticed my pattern in life of gravitating towards C subs and feeling terrible with N/D.

i don't think the theory is perfect and think there is some muddling between the subtypes being about one's role in society or one's nature. but concepts don't always tease apart into neat little separate boxes.

i'm less into the actual english-speaking typings than the theory but i agree with a lot of the typings and really all the socionists are going to get people's types wrong sometimes, and all of this is about trying to see people in perfect categories while reality itself often doesn't abide by human conceptualizations.
    Last edited by marooned; 05-03-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also see truth in DCNH. It took a while- perhaps you do need to learn how to type fairly well first. Also, I had been focusing a lot on enneagram and thinking about tritype compatibility. I still think tritype comparison has the potential to tell us a lot about compatibility, maybe even more than DCNH. (As explained in another thread by another user). But maybe there are similarities between the two. Anyway thinking about tritype made me really think about the variation within types and similarities across types. It could be a good idea to consider both (or I know people like to use instincts), as well
    as sociotype ITR as that way it’s a few different tools to help you be objective in finding a partner.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Victor Gulenko fine, but there is a lot of overlap between his classifications. I can see why some people might like his lack of imprecision and his not really going into his sources. AFAIK, he never goes into who he personally examined, he just gives brief descriptions of their behavior, preferences and groups/classified them all together.

I personally think the older subtype system is easier to deal with because those differences are more physically, behaviorally observable (at least to me). But I don't go by the subtypes' functions being boosted/drained, I go by the vibe I get from each subtype.

Vera Stratiyevskaya's work was good, but not great because she didn't take subtypes into account and in most of her portraits she paints VERY unhealthy or unskilled in some ways of the types and there are a lot of things she's inaccurate about because of differences between LSI-Se and LSI-Ti, for example. The LSI-Se doesn't have deficits in intuition or Ti systemization ability to the point where they can't exist or imagine themselves outside of a pre-existing system... it's still often hard for most LSI-Se to be outside of a pre-existing system and they don't often create their own, but some like doing it and some do it... the Sensory subtype is often quite individualistic and not very hierarchical like the Ti subtype. One thing she gets right, though, is LSI tend to be pretty irritable (both subtypes have a harder time laughing off their own or others' mistakes compared to ESI-Se), but the Ti sub seems moreso; I've dealt with the Se subtype a lot more. I prefer the Se subtype, they're a lot more beuatiful in appearance, dynamic, and more natural in social interaction, they have great social skills really.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Why don’t people like Gulenko/ DCNH? I’ve only just started reading stuff on his website. It seems quite accessible/ progressive? Am I imagining it that people on here don’t seem to like him much?
    Ppl on here type by stereotypes and VI, because typing by noticing information element usage is difficult. This makes casual typing a waste of time imo as the likelihood of getting it wrong is very high.
    DCNH also muddles the waters a lot, because the 4 subtypes all behave superficially like temperaments:

EP temperament (Flexible-maneuvering) <= is kinda like C
    EJ temperament (Linear-assertive) <= is kinda like D
    IP temperament (Receptive-adaptive) <= is kinda like H
    IJ temperament (Balanced-stable) <= is kinda like N

So what you think may be SLI can be LSI-H or SLE can be in actuality EIE-N or D.

personally tbh as someone who is transitioning from H to C... I noticed that especially N types, but also D types and I don't get along. Even if its my dual or identical and she is N or D.. I find her extremely annoying (personal experience). OR it could be just that in my case I react badly if ppl try to control me and I need to feel like I'm in control of my own situation.

I have also seen 2 ppl who thought themselves to be SLE get typed EIE for example.. while other ppl who thought themselves were SLE (Northsar and Viktor for example) turned out to be SLE.
    Last edited by SGF; 05-04-2021 at 05:32 AM. Reason: typos

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate that he won’t respond to my emails. I just want to be typed. Gulenko will you pls take my money godammit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

just leave it here

it's about how to relax

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all your responses, it’s much appreciated. Discovering socionics is not easy for everyone and it’s really useful to see some of the approaches broken down in this thread. Can’t wait to watch that vid lol

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SGF View Post
    Ppl on here type by stereotypes and VI, because typing by noticing information element usage is difficult. This makes casual typing a waste of time imo as the likelihood of getting it wrong is very high.
    I am guilty of doing this, but not because I think that typing by stereotypes and VI is the best method. I actually think that it yields correct results only about half the time, and typing by more formal informational methods gives better results.

When I first arrived at this forum, no one liked or believed in VI methods, and I was pretty terrible at being able to discern people’s correct types. I might be slightly better at this now, but I still suck at it.

The whole reason I first started to type by VI was that my purpose in learning Socionics was to be able to identify Duals for dating, and the largest source of Duals are online dating services, where you only get a few pictures of a person along with some very ambiguous notes from their life that they think are important. You can’t really give each of the one or two hundred people you might see in a dating site a Socionics test, so you have to fall back on stereotypes and VI, then text them and date them for a while to get more information.

I use VI, but I have sometimes been very surprised when someone whom I thought was one type eventually turned out to be a different type. In other words, my typing method, while quick and generally applicable, is not perfect because it misses certain pieces of information.

But I’d like to point out that every method of typing that I’m aware of will miss some information and will therefore make some mistypes.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I am guilty of doing this, but not because I think that typing by stereotypes and VI is the best method. I actually think that it yields correct results only about half the time, and typing by more formal informational methods gives better results.

When I first arrived at this forum, no one liked or believed in VI methods, and I was pretty terrible at being able to discern people’s correct types. I might be slightly better at this now, but I still suck at it.

The whole reason I first started to type by VI was that my purpose in learning Socionics was to be able to identify Duals for dating, and the largest source of Duals are online dating services, where you only get a few pictures of a person along with some very ambiguous notes from their life that they think are important. You can’t really give each of the one or two hundred people you might see in a dating site a Socionics test, so you have to fall back on stereotypes and VI, then text them and date them for a while to get more information.

I use VI, but I have sometimes been very surprised when someone whom I thought was one type eventually turned out to be a different type. In other words, my typing method, while quick and generally applicable, is not perfect because it misses certain pieces of information.

But I’d like to point out that every method of typing that I’m aware of will miss some information and will therefore make some mistypes.
    Imo EP types which are C, IJ types which are N, EJ types which are D and IP types which are H.. can easily be spotted due to being stereotypical. Other than that with the introduction of DCNH, it gets confusing. It is especially easy to confuse one's conflictor for one's dual as they are quasi-identicals. Its kinda dangerous tbh, I prefer to just go by instinct and watch for red flags when it comes to women. Plus she'd have to chose me :/ aka I'd have to be her first option for me to even give the relationship a shot, but thats just me. I don't rely on ITR, my reason for getting typed had to do with trying to figure out what to do with life, not relationships.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SGF View Post
    Imo EP types which are C, IJ types which are N, EJ types which are D and IP types which are H.. can easily be spotted due to being stereotypical. Other than that with the introduction of DCNH, it gets confusing. It is especially easy to confuse one's conflictor for one's dual as they are quasi-identicals.
    Except I believe that DCNH is unreliable. It might be definitive but I don’t see it as constant.

And yes, it can be difficult to tell Duals from Conflictors sometimes. I find that it becomes 100% clear, though, after spending about ten minutes with a person.

Duals give me an impression of no conflict at all, while I will be going along with Conflictors, curious about them and hoping for the best with all my senses focused on them, and BAM a sudden punch to the teeth and where did that come from?

Duals can also produce shocks initially but they are mild and are easily overcome by my general admiration of them.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EIE View Post
    Doesn't it depend on the individual dual, though? There are some LSIs that I seem to like on instinct while others I want ro figuratively punch.

I've found that my Duals range from a low of "This is an OK person; I like them but I don't have to get to know them better"- a woman at work is like this, to "OK, I need to get closer to this person and I'm not giving them up."

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    I hate that he won’t respond to my emails. I just want to be typed. Gulenko will you pls take my money godammit.
    What email addressing are you sending it to?

Btw, just in case you might not know or are using the wrong email address, here is all the information you need: https://socioniks.net/article/?id=273

Use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the article to contact them.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    Same. How many days peeps?
    Does he already have enough money to travel and move dark side of the moon to meet his semi dual mr H*tler?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Anastasia is the one who responds to emails, and whenever I sent her one, she responded very quickly. I initially sent in my video and asked her if it was ok for typing purposes and she said, yes, and only after that did I send the payment (but the transaction part can take a while, depends).

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    What email addressing are you sending it to?

Btw, just in case you might not know or are using the wrong email address, here is all the information you need: https://socioniks.net/article/?id=273

Use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the article to contact them.
    That’s how I contacted him. I didn’t send a video upfront tho.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s really weird they aren’t responding like that... I noticed they haven’t added any English speaking typing videos lately.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is weird.

I know they give classes and such and perhaps Gulenko has alot going on but I don't see why Anastasia isn't responding to emails at all.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Same. How many days peeps?
    Does he already have enough money to travel and move dark side of the moon to meet his semi dual mr H*tler?
    Wait a minute. Are you saying that there are Nazi's on the dark side of the moon?

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using ITR for typing is about whether you are speaking each others language and the effect you have on each other's energy, not how much you like their personality, character, or behavior.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"not getting along" is a smart way to characterize interaction difficulties to dismiss differences in cognitive viewpoints that you don't want to give significant credence to. ITR is supposed to matter, its kinda the point

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    It is weird.

I know they give classes and such and perhaps Gulenko has alot going on but I don't see why Anastasia isn't responding to emails at all.
    Maybe they had enough lol. I know of a second "SLE" woman who got typed EIE at this point and complained about it loudly. Idk about LIIs, but as a LSI ^^' I absolutely hate having to deal with people.

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    I wasn’t trying to be “smart” though; mental health issues can really impact your “cognition” as you mention and most people seem to underestimate that. Even with theoretically good ITR sometimes you have to fix your issue first

That’s only one example. Sometimes there just isn’t chemistry. I think taking socionics in a simplified way is more harmful honestly; assuming that it should work as stated pretty much. I doubt that all ‘soulmates’ have been duals. And some duals def. dont get along.

i wasn’t dismissing “cognitive viewpoints,” if anything I was bringing attention to it
    Imo ppl have unreasonable expectations of relationships which have been warped by popular media. Everyone is looking for "the perfect one" while reality is that relationships take work and compromise, people are flawed. Its possibly an SX issue as well, for example after my first relationship I never considered again that a relationship with a woman would be a source of real lasting happiness, but I see many other people continue to put the responsibility of making them happy on some external unknown person who may never come. Imo one can get a cat, a dog, make more decent friends, find a community of like minded ppl. All of that contributes about as much if not more. It is imo also one's own sphere of influence, so one is responsible for making oneself happy, externalizing that on someone else, someone one can't control is.. unwise .. even Buddhists agree on this point.

ITR isn't just about sexual/romantic relationships, its also about friends & understanding other ppl. Its also just a small part of a larger picture. Many ppl these days seem to be struggling with mental health. :^) ngl, I'm kinda struggling with persistent depressive disorder, also called dysthymia.. all of which contributes to having less successful relationships. Even one's philosophical outlook may differ from one's dual making the relationship strenuous.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is more to this than ITR, so I agree.
    Last edited by SGF; 05-05-2021 at 04:49 AM. Reason: typos

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what DCNH may be useful for is for thinking about why someone (dual or not) might not be good for you. Let's say you're seeing someone and you're not sure if it feels quite right. Let's use me as an example (I'm a H). If I was dating someone and they seemed a bit too D-ish or H-ish, well maybe it's a sign that it's not the right person for you. If they seem C-ish or a C/N-ish then, it's a sign that it might have actual potential. This stuff can often be instinctive but it's not always- you might need to consider the options. Also, you might like the person (and they are a matching subtype)- C for me, but it's not working and maybe you need to think about why..well maybe this person is mostly C but with a strong dash of D. And therefore not the 'right' C for you

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    it's about how to relax
    lol shame the video has no English. If I ever go to Russia, I'm taking an interpreter with me.

I am getting a relaxed vibe from him, which is why I think I like him haha.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have ordered the book now

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was kind of wondering what @SGF was saying myself...that maybe a lot of angry and disgruntled people have made them stop doing it. If that’s the case, sad kind of immature to act like that imo. You are paying for their opinion. I’d about die if one of my kids acted that way about it lol.

honestly, if it was me, and you really want typed, I’d try contacting them through a different channel, given it’s a different email. Like maybe the classes they offer. And tell them you’ve been trying to get typed but no one will respond to the inquiries from the email you are sending to.

anyway, glad I jumped on the bandwagon when I did. I was worried if i didn’t something like this might happen. Hopefully the ship hasn’t sailed and isn’t coming back around
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I was kind of wondering what @SGF was saying myself...that maybe a lot of angry and disgruntled people have made them stop doing it. If that’s the case, sad
    I think this is very likely. people like lolita were probably not the only mentally ill people that used his service and an LII doesn't really deal with drama, they usually stop the contact, especially since he is a creative subtype.

he always seemed to have a scientific bend and I'm unsure if he even enjoys doing video interviews all that much. the repetition would drive me nuts, and you have little reward as a researcher.

I could be wrong but that's the feeling I got as the same type and subtype.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast