Thread: Please type my friend, SLE or LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Please type my friend, SLE or LSI

There’s a girl I know and I can’t exactly type what she is. I think she’s either SLE or LSI.

Prefers strict style of clothing, like suits and shirts. Even in occasions like dating.

Good at handling various tools. Mechanical. Has a competent knowledge about such things.

Not aggressive and usually mild. but very much troublemaker, during school she used to broke rules for the sake of it , loved wrecking things, and often got into fight with others.

Loves chaos itself. But at the same time prefers clean environment and clear methods when doing things.

Kinda sadistic, she’s a type of person who would laugh at people screaming and running around in horror.

Not bossy but has no hesitation giving orders to others and taking the initiative.

Knows how to gather and analyze a lot of data. Good researcher and manager.

Good physique, slim and flexible body, good at exercise like swimming.

Not very social, I am one of her few friends. She usually shows mild and friendly manner toward acquaintances.

Not much interested in her own future and often feels uncertain about it.

Sometimes gives a meaning in things but when she does that it looks pretty awkward.

Heavily values friendship.

Insightful about people around her and their state of mind. Knows how to move them for certain results.

Mix of calm and playful manner in her usual attitude, 70% and 30% each.

+ hanging out with Se valuing or beta quadra people. Two best friends are SLE and SEE. Her boyfriend is kinda stuck between IEI and EIE(I think he is just energetic IEI).
    Last edited by raksh; 04-29-2021 at 07:14 PM.

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

100% LSI-Se.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

acceptable accuracy of a typing needs appropriate material for it. as minimum it's a videointerview
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1096450

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI and SLE can be very similar, but think very differently to end up with the same outward behavior.

Does she approach "strict style of clothing" as a style that "just is what it is" and a means of managing her mood & people's impressions - SLE
    Or does she have an ideology about what clothes mean about herself and others - LSI

Is she not social because she finds it draining to restrain her personality around people and feels blue-balled in most interactions - SLE
    Or does she find it draining to have to turn her focus from inwards to outwards and manage people's expectation to be in the spotlight - LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    LSI and SLE can be very similar, but think very differently to end up with the same outward behavior.

Does she approach "strict style of clothing" as a style that "just is what it is" and a means of managing her mood & people's impressions - SLE
    Or does she have an ideology about what clothes mean about herself and others - LSI

Is she not social because she finds it draining to restrain her personality around people and feels blue-balled in most interactions - SLE
    Or does she find it draining to have to turn her focus from inwards to outwards and manage people's expectation to be in the spotlight - LSI
    According to your method she seems much closer to SLE, the girl just wears that kind of cloth for the sake of it, and doesn’t care much about people being interactive while hating to restrain her nature for others

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to be clear, these are exaggerations to make the point stand out, not a set in stone method. "Hating to restrain her nature for others" could be an ideological stance, could be enneagram counterphobic 6, could be Fi, etc. I literally mean when I am in mixed company I can feel like I'm stuck in a church service or board meeting, or stranded at the kiddie table or a museum of wax people. As opposed to "I'm not changing for these SJWs and their pronouns!" or "F you I won't do what you say!" Even the clothing thing, I doubt every LSI puts thought into their clothes. I would just expect on average if they are that strict about it, they would probably have put more thought into it than the average SLE, and would be more likely to tie it into beliefs about themselves and others.

There are layers to everything, and motives behind behaviors overlap. And it gets really muddy if you start bringing in subtypes and DCNH. (Which is why I prefer ITR and cognitive style) I relate to LSI things too, but they are far far on the backburner.

I would ask her what her experience of it is like.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like LSI-C aka LSI-Se to me... otherwise SLE.

LSIs however imo are a bit more social than SLEs and I mean this in terms of ideological bent. We see things in terms of logical systems and are socially orientated with this, SO IF social systems are contradictory and broken, we start analyzing why and then going down the rabbit hole. This can lead to a process of continuously reevaluating one's outlook on life, politics, religion, philosophy and so on. <== this comes naturally to LSI like instinct.

I noted that SLEs don't care as much about this. Its usually the LSI-EIE pair that is more socially zealous in beta quadra while the SLE-IEI pair is more power hungry and free spirited. SLEs may break rules and IEI mock rules and authority, LSI and EIE often have their own rules and are authorities.. so if a LSI goes against the system and rules.. its mainly because they have a desire to crush that broken system and replace it with their own.

LSIs also have better Fi which manifests in a kind of simplistic moralistic thinking, restraint and being superficially nice as long as ppl don't screw with their Ti.

Another hallmark of LSI imo is thinking or even overthinking before deciding on a course of action. This is less obvious in LSI-C, but in comparison SLEs often just say something or do something that was not well thought through and gets them in trouble without the intention being there. it doesn't mean that SLE's don't think, they do, its just not as thorough as a rational type. In my case when I say something that gets me in trouble, I do it fully aware of the consequences, meaning I'm deliberately stirring the pot.

the only female LSI I can be certain of is Margret Thatcher.. but she is LSI-D. LSI-C is more like Elon Musk tho.

e_e LSIs are also probably the most intuitive sensors, often mistaken for some NTJ due to strong mobilizing Ni. For example MBTI tests that look for MBTI functions say I'm ENTJ with lead Ti or some bullshit like that..Ti-Ni>Se>Fi

@Northstar knows more about SLE.
    Last edited by SGF; 04-30-2021 at 07:31 AM.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strict style of clothing -> more likely to be LSI
    Good at handling tools -> could be both
    Troublemaker, breaking rules for the sake of it -> could be both, likely C subtype
    Loves chaos but prefers clean environment -> both fit, more SLE or irrational subtype LSI
    Laughing at people screaming in horror -> both fit
    Not bossy but no hesitation giving orders -> both fit
    Good at gathering and analyzing lots of data -> more SLE if more focus on gathering info, more LSI if more focus on analyzing a more limited data set
    Good physique, slim and flexible -> both fit, slim and flexible might be more LSI but not sure about females
    Mild and friendly manner typically with acquaintances -> closer to LSI role Fi, but doesn't rule out SLE
    Not interested in own future and uncertain about it -> could be both, high uncertainty more SLE, or C/H subtype
    Sometimes gives a meaning in things but looks pretty awkward -> LSI Ni HA?
    Heavily values friendship -> more LSI
    Insightful about people and their state of mind, knows how to move them -> both fit, guesses about state of mind of people more LSI, insights about peoples potential/skills and how best use them more SLE
    More calm than playful -> more LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SGF View Post
    Sounds like LSI-C aka LSI-Se to me... otherwise SLE.

LSIs however imo are a bit more social than SLEs and I mean this in terms of ideological bent. We see things in terms of logical systems and are socially orientated with this, SO IF social systems are contradictory and broken, we start analyzing why and then going down the rabbit hole. This can lead to a process of continuously reevaluating one's outlook on life, politics, religion, philosophy and so on. <== this comes naturally to LSI like instinct.

I noted that SLEs don't care as much about this. Its usually the LSI-EIE pair that is more socially zealous in beta quadra while the SLE-IEI pair is more power hungry and free spirited. SLEs may break rules and IEI mock rules and authority, LSI and EIE often have their own rules and are authorities.. so if a LSI goes against the system and rules.. its mainly because they have a desire to crush that broken system and replace it with their own.

LSIs also have better Fi which manifests in a kind of simplistic moralistic thinking, restraint and being superficially nice as long as ppl don't screw with their Ti.

Another hallmark of LSI imo is thinking or even overthinking before deciding on a course of action. This is less obvious in LSI-C, but in comparison SLEs often just say something or do something that was not well thought through and gets them in trouble without the intention being there. it doesn't mean that SLE's don't think, they do, its just not as thorough as a rational type. In my case when I say something that gets me in trouble, I do it fully aware of the consequences, meaning I'm deliberately stirring the pot.

the only female LSI I can be certain of is Margret Thatcher.. but she is LSI-D. LSI-C is more like Elon Musk tho.

e_e LSIs are also probably the most intuitive sensors, often mistaken for some NTJ due to strong mobilizing Ni. For example MBTI tests that look for MBTI functions say I'm ENTJ with lead Ti or some bullshit like that..Ti-Ni>Se>Fi

@Northstar knows more about SLE.
    Yeah totally agree about that LSI-EIE vs SLE-IEI. Which is why I'm also considering SLE for my friend, she is more like 'just do things' than having some sort of ideological tendencies, though the girl sees norms and rules of society as something poor and to be broken.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Strict style of clothing -> more likely to be LSI
    Good at handling tools -> could be both
    Troublemaker, breaking rules for the sake of it -> could be both, likely C subtype
    Loves chaos but prefers clean environment -> both fit, more SLE or irrational subtype LSI
    Laughing at people screaming in horror -> both fit
    Not bossy but no hesitation giving orders -> both fit
    Good at gathering and analyzing lots of data -> more SLE if more focus on gathering info, more LSI if more focus on analyzing a more limited data set
    Good physique, slim and flexible -> both fit, slim and flexible might be more LSI but not sure about females
    Mild and friendly manner typically with acquaintances -> closer to LSI role Fi, but doesn't rule out SLE
    Not interested in own future and uncertain about it -> could be both, high uncertainty more SLE, or C/H subtype
    Sometimes gives a meaning in things but looks pretty awkward -> LSI Ni HA?
    Heavily values friendship -> more LSI
    Insightful about people and their state of mind, knows how to move them -> both fit, guesses about state of mind of people more LSI, insights about peoples potential/skills and how best use them more SLE
    More calm than playful -> more LSI
    Thank you, this is very informative.

According to this set she is likely to be very SLE-ish LSI.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly this type:

Creative Subtype - LSI

Inspector — Rescuer

Prototypes: Firefighters and emergency services staff, lone inventors who create complex mechanisms from improvised materials, competent instructors of complex activities This subtype is inclined to humor people, knowing how to improvise, give compliments and entertain publicly. She is able to captivate listeners by providing exciting information with humor and an emotive manner; however, when she falls into disputes, she can become violent and aggressive. Her playful threats can escalate into real action. She is able to exert pressure on others in the interests of business, forcing them to work on a task while at the same time resorting to authoritarian methods. Greatly mobilized in dire situations, she shows a natural wit and ingenuity. She possesses the qualities of a rescuer in an emergency.

She is curious and loves books and other sources of information, which she accumulates if deemed useful. She shows interest in a wide range of topics and is fascinated by technical novelties, as well as humanitarian ones, such as psychological methods for personal growth. She is a master of practical training. She dislikes long explanations for what she views as simple facts. Often an inventor, she may collect parts in her yard for original constructions and creations. This LSI ardently resists any attempt to subjugate her to any rules. She is pretty clever and cunning, resorting to little tricks as well as complex ones. She may overlook others. Not all she does is what has been promised. She makes a fierce defense against encroachments on her territory. She cannot tolerate people touching her things. If her arguments are ignored, she can easily lose her cool. She estimates work output based on the difficulties she has previously experienced in the course of implementation.

She reflects on psychological problems a lot and is eagerly interested in the relations between people, even though her personal life says little. She needs a periodic emotional discharge to release internal stress. She is inclined to provoke others in various ways in order to determine their true attitudes.

This subtype takes good care of the ladies (men) or gladly accepts courtship (women). Despite her sociability and curiosity, breaks must be taken from communication, and she avoids useless amusement. When alone, her high spirits are nonexistent.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

bruh u cant type anyone like this

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SGF View Post
    Possibly this type:

Creative Subtype - LSI

Inspector — Rescuer

Prototypes: Firefighters and emergency services staff, lone inventors who create complex mechanisms from improvised materials, competent instructors of complex activities This subtype is inclined to humor people, knowing how to improvise, give compliments and entertain publicly. She is able to captivate listeners by providing exciting information with humor and an emotive manner; however, when she falls into disputes, she can become violent and aggressive. Her playful threats can escalate into real action. She is able to exert pressure on others in the interests of business, forcing them to work on a task while at the same time resorting to authoritarian methods. Greatly mobilized in dire situations, she shows a natural wit and ingenuity. She possesses the qualities of a rescuer in an emergency.

She is curious and loves books and other sources of information, which she accumulates if deemed useful. She shows interest in a wide range of topics and is fascinated by technical novelties, as well as humanitarian ones, such as psychological methods for personal growth. She is a master of practical training. She dislikes long explanations for what she views as simple facts. Often an inventor, she may collect parts in her yard for original constructions and creations. This LSI ardently resists any attempt to subjugate her to any rules. She is pretty clever and cunning, resorting to little tricks as well as complex ones. She may overlook others. Not all she does is what has been promised. She makes a fierce defense against encroachments on her territory. She cannot tolerate people touching her things. If her arguments are ignored, she can easily lose her cool. She estimates work output based on the difficulties she has previously experienced in the course of implementation.

She reflects on psychological problems a lot and is eagerly interested in the relations between people, even though her personal life says little. She needs a periodic emotional discharge to release internal stress. She is inclined to provoke others in various ways in order to determine their true attitudes.

This subtype takes good care of the ladies (men) or gladly accepts courtship (women). Despite her sociability and curiosity, breaks must be taken from communication, and she avoids useless amusement. When alone, her high spirits are nonexistent.
    I see this subtype frequently in wildfire fighting.