Thread: Gamma Quadra school experiences

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma Quadra school experiences

Now I am curious as to how my opposing Quadra faired in school. Share any school experiences here if you want, any point in time of your school days is welcome.

Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Brainiac thru the end of elementary school when the dysfunction and traumatic experiences started becoming heavy encumbrances. Didn't attend high school for a couple years cus I was too busy running away and having youthful indiscretions. Then got pregnant at 17 and subsequently did a rush job graduation through an alternative school.

Went to a community college but the human services associates degree wasn't used directly, more of a generic two year to have under my belt when I applied for administrative positions.

Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Lol it just occurred to me that maybe this is some cross-quadra competition thing. Sorry guys

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may or may not be a Gamma (SEE). I am an EIE and I have always excelled at all subjects except for math. Math is overrated in my opinion. I also do not like doing visual arts and music; I am not good at them.
    enfp-t - 4w3 sx/sp - n-eie-ni - lawful neutral - ravenclaw
    4w3 - 1w2 - 7w6
    virgo sun - aquarius rising - scorpio moon

TIM
    SEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Lol it just occurred to me that maybe this is some cross-quadra competition thing. Sorry guys
    Uh no it isn't a competition,

Smh Gammas turning everything into a competition (obvious sarcasm)

No I am just curious to see how Gammas felt about the school system, not necessarily how good your grades were.

Personally, I am a high school dropout on my way to getting a GED and going to community college, as painful as it is...

Although my reasons are different, but nevertheless, still have to take a couple extra steps in order to become a translator now.

shitposter extraordinaire
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suck at it.

TIM
    6w5 sp/sx 639
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elementary school:
    It was the worst, got bullied and then became a bully. Had an enemy to lover’s story with my lifelong friend now.

Middle school:
    People didn’t like me; I was still kinda a bully. I made another friend, an enemy to still enemies story with my life support.

High school:
    Chaos, people would pull pranks so we had to get evacuated for our safety. But I did kinda live for it. I didn't do much but kinda do my work; I hated gym, physics, geometry, government, economics. I was kinda a teacher's pet, did my work, and went home.

College:
    Wanted to drop out so badly. I didn't talk to anyone unless it was necessary. I also struggled to keep my grades up, which was a very new feeling for me because I was a good student.

My point of view in the school system is that it is crap. My most clear memories are for my underfunded Hs, we had old textbooks, a lot of drugs, and teen pregnancies, and everyone there was for low-income families. It was a vocational school, which you might think oh that good you were taught a trade, such as engineering or plumbing, but no one took it seriously. In college, I concluded that I hated functioning in society. I rather have a simple life without having to push for compliments.
    Last edited by PunkSailor; 05-01-2021 at 01:23 AM.
    I had a boyfriend that I paid everything for, his debt, his car, and all I have to say to that is: that I was one dumb bitch

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1090 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kindergarten:
    After my first few days in kindergarten, where I spent my mornings and my best friend spent his afternoons, I clearly remember thinking "School is kind of OK, but it sure cuts into my day."
    We had to bring little rugs to lie on while taking naps.
    One of the girls in kindergarten hit me and I hit her back, but the teacher only saw me hitting her and she punished me, not the instigator. I already knew that my mother wasn't fair, but I was disappointed to learn that the world isn't fair, either.

Grade School.
    I was a smart kid and a good student. I liked some teachers better than others, and vice-versa, but mostly I dimmed my awareness while at school.
    In fifth grade, I was assigned to a class with a truly bad teacher. She made fun of the girls who couldn't afford nice clothes and was generally a bitch. I turned my brain off from the second week until the end of the school year.
    My mother, who was a grade school teacher herself, tried to get the teacher fired, but only succeeded in getting her transferred the following year. At the end of the fifth grade school year, all the kids who were in her class were testing at a fourth grade level, so we were all assigned in sixth grade, en mass, to the best teacher in the school district, Mr. Smith, my first male teacher.
    I think he was LSE. He'd ask you how many pints in a gallon. Then he'd set a gallon jug on your desk and would pour into the jug exactly as many pints as you said were in a gallon. Lots of wet kids that week. He also insisted that kids keep their desks organized. He'd inspect your desk, and if your books and pencils weren't orderly enough, he'd pick up the desk and turn it upside-down. You got to clean up your stuff after that from the floor.
    We had one kid, an SLE in retrospect, who was the world's worst student. But when we were assigned essays, he chose "Muscles of the Human Body", and he came in dressed in gym shorts and carrying a barbell, and he demonstrated all the muscles of the human body. He got an A that day, which was not a common occurrence from Mr. Smith.
    In sixth grade, we had a daily break where we had to all go to the restrooms. I went, but it smelled so bad in there that I'd go in and immediately come back out, and then I'd line up outside the principal's office to wait to be readmitted to the classroom. While I was waiting there, I'd sometimes talk to the principal. Eventually, he called the Stanford-Binet people to test my IQ, which they did. I had an interesting conversation with the twenty-something whom they sent, mainly because it was a break in the routine and he posed interesting puzzle-questions.

In Junior High School, I was a dorkish alien but I ran track, so I wasn't irredeemable. Everyone else was an alien, too. I got into a fistfight in the hall for no reason that I could explain and learned what the detention hall looked like. I fell in love with a thin dark girl with big eyes and long black hair and I wanted to kidnap her to a cabin in the woods, but in the real world I could barely speak to her. She ended up marrying some guy and having four kids. That guy should have been me.
    In seventh grade, I decided I wanted to be an Astronomer. In retrospect, I know why. I wanted to explore to the ends of the Universe, but I didn't feel confident about actually doing things, and Astronomers know what the Universe looks like, but they don't do experiments.

In High School, I was in the most advanced track. We had an excellent school. I took two years of Calculus, two years of Chemistry, one year of Physics, our choir took State honors, I was in two plays, my English class had four students in a high school with twenty-five hundred students and it was taught by the head of the department and she taught us the Classics and how to play Bridge. This was my introduction to the benefits of being in the Ruling Class. I ran track and set the city record for long jump, scored 1590 on the SATs, and got into the Honors Program at the only school I applied to, the University of Michigan. I had two friends (an ESI and an IEI) and didn't date. No girls, no sex, no parties, no nothing. Just studying and playing with telescopes. At the end of my senior year, I smoked weed for the first time with a rich kid who killed himself a few years later.

In college, I discovered that I wasn't all that smart after all, and I did a lot of drugs. A lot of drugs. I worked for some real Astronomers and discovered that they were worse nerds than I was and I didn't want to spend my life associating with people like that, and I almost flunked out when I lost my direction in life, but then I recovered and graduated with a double major in Physics and Astronomy. I took some graduate courses in Quantum Physics and Math That You've Never Heard Of Before but my heart just wasn't in it, so I instead got a job to make some money.

I didn't get laid in college, either. I did get laid while working in a factory. An LSI factory girl who later became a Math professor at U of Georgia. It's funny, but she was skinny and had short black hair. My Imago, apparently.

That was a long time ago.
    Now, I just work. For money.

It isn't bad, really, but it sure cuts into my day.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-29-2021 at 10:57 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe, 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I'm not a gamma, but my youngest sister (LIE) is and she's graduating high school in June even though she's only 16. She's very timely with her homework, attentive in class, and is very particular about her friends. She's very kind and supportive of her close friends, but doesn't seem to have any tolerance for drama she deems to be silly. She is very quick to point out if a homework assignment or some element of the curriculum is dumb and doesn't have an apparent purpose. I remember her writing this big long letter to the district last year she asked me to help her proofread explaining how poor the mandatory online portion of the health curriculum was in her opinion. She's very driven and loves to talk about how she's definitely going to make more money than her husband someday. She loves listening to successful people share their stories and has her heart set on being a CEO someday.

In general she is very interested in anything business and finance related, but doesn't like spending large amounts of time on homework she feels won't benefit her and she is quick to share her feelings about exactly how it won't benefit her. She does it anyways though if she can't get her way since she is very serious about maintaining a 4.0
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default This should be titled: I hate math and people lol

I think I am an ILI.

Pre-school/Kinder: Considered the leader in class, teacher would ask me to read for everyone or teach them because I always finish things early. I hated math one time, I stopped listening, didn’t take the exam seriously and didn’t answer half of it. Then I made a long con and told family that they haven’t given it yet. They said they had to talk to the teacher because of it and realize that I’ve been lying. My school is near our house so I told my family to let me go home alone with no supervision. It was for me to go to my friend’s house and play there after class. I would tell them that the classes ended late or something. They also found out about that along with the exams. My mom told me during end of kindergarten a lot of people told her I would be a leader/ be successful someday (oh how they are wrong about it lol)

Elementary: New school, first week I already got a punishment. I remember having to stand near the board the whole class. I was top in my batch though and always wore a pink headdress or I would ask my grandma to tie my hair differently everyday because why not. Hated one teacher here, she didn’t know how to teach mathematics, seriously.

High school: Same school. This is when a lot of moral issues have been a focus of my life. Some classmates were too competitive, I hated that. I caught top students cheating and reported them, but the tutor of one of the students was one of the head teachers so they didn’t get punished. My class has bullied this one person too on his back, my friend and I told him about it and he cried and lost his mind a bit that day. My teacher told me I shouldn’t have said things. I started hating school even more. I was still on top 5 but my ranking fell a bit because this girl rigged it by asking to count extracurriculars more. My teachers were sheep and afraid of the parent. She became top 1 or 2, I don’t remember. My teacher showed the actual grades then showed the new grades in class to maybe show how rigged it is even if they couldn’t say anything. I have always thought it was the most humiliating for some reason.

College: In my batch I was the only one who passed in this branch of university (considered as best in our country). I had no friends initially and was shy. I joined organizations but I felt they were incompatible. I got 1-2 real friends from there (who also left those organizations) and I still keep contact with them until now. Oh and this is where I got to know the cultish group I mentioned before

I was majoring math and I hated it so much. I don’t know why. Maybe because the curriculum was more abstract that practical. Also at that time I was doing alright but I didn’t feel like I belong there. Maybe bec they were mostly Alpha people. ESEs were helpful though. I was fleeting around with no direction, would mostly not go to classes. I was able to get by, but my grades got lower every sem obviously. I was starting out my thesis. I remember talking to my adviser, writing and looking at the whiteboard - I realized, fuck this is not the one. So I left. I tried switching majors, still hated it and hated the people more silently. Left school. Now I’m working and doing surprisingly fine but I have a big problem which is knowing the next big step from here. I just know this is not the last stage.

By the way, would just like to mention my professor who I think is ILE. Damn that guy made me realized some important things in life. I remembered he talked about Geometry and everything just made sense. But I think he criticized another professor too then after a while he left. I don’t know the details.
    Also LII professor was one of the best. He should be the epitome of mathematics, or something I don’t know what I’m saying but he’s just great period

These two inspired me to have hope in authorities more. So I would like to say college was a waste because it was for everything else but just one reason is enough I guess to make something worth it. I GUESS

My Fi wants to give something back to these ppl someday but they probably don’t think of me and bec I was a bad student they probably think I’m dumb. I mean I really am dumb compared to them tbh so they won’t appreciate me anyway
    Last edited by one; 04-30-2021 at 12:02 PM. Reason: phone, probably lot of typos left too
    R

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is also important to say bec it could be a Gamma thing. But one thing I hate about school too is the task is not paid. When I was in college I started tutoring and spent a lot of time there because my rewards are paid. Now at work I am also doing well and was able to be liked though only by my boss apparently lol because I am so hardworking due to money. Pay me and I’ll give my effort Sorry not sorry
    R

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1090 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Sorry I'm not a gamma, but my youngest sister (LIE) is and she's graduating high school in June even though she's only 16. She's very timely with her homework, attentive in class, and is very particular about her friends. She's very kind and supportive of her close friends, but doesn't seem to have any tolerance for drama she deems to be silly. She is very quick to point out if a homework assignment or some element of the curriculum is dumb and doesn't have an apparent purpose. I remember her writing this big long letter to the district last year she asked me to help her proofread explaining how poor the mandatory online portion of the health curriculum was in her opinion. She's very driven and loves to talk about how she's definitely going to make more money than her husband someday. She loves listening to successful people share their stories and has her heart set on being a CEO someday.

In general she is very interested in anything business and finance related, but doesn't like spending large amounts of time on homework she feels won't benefit her and she is quick to share her feelings about exactly how it won't benefit her. She does it anyways though if she can't get her way since she is very serious about maintaining a 4.0
    This is a great description of LIEs. Personally, I absolutely hate to work on things that either won’t succeed, won’t make money, or are sub-optimal.
    I mean, if someone else wants to do that, fine. Knock yourself out. But I ain’t doing it.

TIM
    IEI-Fe, 4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    This is a great description of LIEs. Personally, I absolutely hate to work on things that either won’t succeed, won’t make money, or are sub-optimal.
    I mean, if someone else wants to do that, fine. Knock yourself out. But I ain’t doing it.
    Glad you feel my description is accurate to LIEs! I feel like I understand LIEs pretty well having lived with one for 15 years lol
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    lolololol thank you for making me laugh
    thinking this is competition is such a gamma thing probs and I’ll give you a heart here if I could

I don’t think I’m a good competitor either
    R

TIM
    Sniffing flower type
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started wondering what the hell was happening when I was 6.
    Overall weird, useless, and uninteresting.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

School never felt like home. Home was a couple hands grasping strongly to make a broken marriage extend its unwelcome stay. I wandered aimlessly through the school halls. Evading my bully's reproach. I wanted most fervidly to seep into the walls. To be unseen. I did well in the stupid kid classes and could not care enough to try at the advanced courses. I was left walking an academic tightrope, longing to be somewhere in the middle without the strain. Eventually, it all came to an end when my father saved me from the final impact.

TIM
    ILI? - Ne?
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in my head most of the time and don't care about other students or teachers.

I'm not good at school (because I don't even try- school is boring) but still make sure I could graduate. For a few time I become a good student becasue I'm in good mood and then suddenly turn back into an average student after that.

Competition is meaningless unless you gain some money from it.

It's look like Delta, espacially STs work hard in school, at least much more than me
    Last edited by Moharu; Yesterday at 06:54 AM.