Thread: "[Dual] makes relationships with third parties totally dangerous"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "[Dual] makes relationships with third parties totally dangerous"

One RK Graying in "Information psychoanalysis" (I can't provide any citation) says this in passing about the duality relationship:

"Let me remind you also that the presence of Douala makes relationships with third parties totally dangerous, and therefore mutually enriching."

Could we get some clarification here? Dangerous for whom? The pair or the third party? I found this curious because the implication is regardless of the dual pair (e.g. EII-LSE, IEE-SLI, SEE-ILI, or whatever), its the same result. They somehow are endangered or create danger when a third party is involved. This is especially of interest if a partner in a dual couple is cheating, or when children and other family members are involved. So I was wondering if anyone can provide some insight on this supposedly general rule regarding third parties in relation to dual pairs.
    Last edited by skosh; 04-28-2021 at 08:17 AM.

Mentioned
    1184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skosh View Post
    "Let me remind you also that the presence of Douala makes relationships with third parties totally dangerous, and therefore mutually enriching."

Could we get some clarification here? Dangerous for whom?
    seems a google translation

Dangerous for relations of duals.
    It could be supposed that duals interact with each other by best way when get no external influence. As in this case they are tuned on each other the most, informational exchange is the best and they behave most naturally for them. A try to help or to change something in such pair, any external influences of other people - disturb this exchange. Also the most of other people have other types and hence own understanding of the life, what differs from natural ways for duals to deal with each other. It was said for cases of all duals interactions - not only when it's a pair, just any too people.
    As IR work more intensively in close and informal relations, alike of marriage pair or long friends. So this more relates to those cases.
    It should be much an idealization of duality IR. As there is much besides Jung types what affects relations.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how it's dangerous for duals if its "mutually enriching"

My guess is when duals are in-sync, they effectively alienate the third party. Duals are yin & yang, a complete circle. The dual dyad is confident, protective of one another, rendering the atmosphere "dangerous" for the third party.

When IEI (my dual) get close, we tend to get this way. Just my take on things.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1090 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    seems a google translation

Dangerous for releations of duals.
    It could be supposed that duals interact with each other by best way when get no external influence. As in this case they are tuned on each other the most, informational exchange is the best and they behave most naturally for them. A try to help or to change something in such pair, any external influences of other people - disturb this exchange. Also the most of other people have other types and hence own understanding of the life, what differs from natural ways for duals to deal with each other. It was said for cases of all duals interactions - not only when it's a pair, just any too people.
    As IR work more intensively in close and informal relations, alike of marriage pair or long friends. So this more relates to those cases.
    It should be much an idealization of duality IR. As there is much besides Jung types what affects relations.
    The idea that Duals operate best when they are one-on-one is very interesting.

I just realized that in all of my Dual interactions, I was happiest when it was just him/her and me. It wasn’t as if I was afraid of introducing them to my friends and family, but bringing in a third person just seemed to dilute the interaction. I wasn’t able to spend as much time focusing on the Dual.

I’ve recently been going out on dates with a female Dual and I’ve been wondering when I’d meet her family members, because she talks about them all the time. When I was married to an SLI, we spent days and weeks at a time visiting her family.

With this ESI Dual, I guess from this discussion that it might happen eventually, but it’s not one of her priorities.

On my side, I can’t introduce her to my parents because they are both dead (I’m a Covid-19 orphan), my sisters live in distant states, and my son only visits occasionally. Maybe she’ll meet him.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-01-2021 at 01:53 PM.