Thread: Socionics and Your Approach to Creativity

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics and Your Approach to Creativity

This is something I've been curious about for a long time. Are there any interesting correlations/trends to be observed between type and your approach to art/creativity? I'm not talking about how creative you are. I'm talking about how you are creative. In what manner do you or other types that you've observed go about being creative and how do you think that relates to the information elements or respective quadra?

I'll start things off with my own observations. I enjoy being creative in a lot of different ways, but drawing is the main one. I think I would describe my approach as attempting to understand the real world imaginatively. I have a fairly cartoonish art style and I love drawing fantasy subject matter, but I think Ti really comes out strong in my art. Of course it's satisfying to finish pieces, but that's not a huge motivator for me. What I get satisfaction from primarily is from understanding what things look like in my art style. I'll draw pages and pages of faces just trying to really, deeply understand *why* the lines go where they go. It's not enough to simply get lucky and end up with a nice drawing. What I want is really to build up my ability to understand space and volume in my head because I feel that I am naturally very bad at that sort of thing. I'm very much focused on a certain result, but the result that I'm after is comprehension of what it is I'm drawing. Not realistic comprehension though, but comprehension via my own style. I'm not interested in artistic realism at all. What I draw doesn't need to match the real world, but needs to be internally consistent. I'm constantly endeavoring to build my stylized understanding of things, and I derive a large portion of my enjoyment for drawing from simply leveling up my understanding of how the people, creatures, and things in my head are actually assembled and how they take up space. Even more than this though I enjoy passing on my understanding to other people. Recently a friend with no previous interest in art just out of the blue asked me to teach him how to draw people and it made me so freaking happy. I couldn't wait to share so I crammed a whole tutorial into a single easy-to-understand page for him while I had some downtime at work. It was so fun.

TL;DR I interpret my approach to art as being largely Ti-driven. Do you agree with my assessment? How about you? What approach to creativity/art do you take? (totally doesn't have to be drawing - you could talk about how you like to manage your backyard if you want, that's plenty creative!) Does anyone else find that their Hidden Agenda is highly involved in creation like I feel mine is?
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bounce and rumble of creative projects and blossoms really invade the Leonardo da Vinci sky of how when you've touched the sky, forever there will your mind dwell, and forever there you will long to return.
    RaptorWizard aka Dooku won every time through SolitaryWalker Yoda and Zang Gandalf with Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster. Yoda was the height of 9 Blastoise wisdom in 249 Lugia and 493 Arceus!! Level 6-0/12-6 was Kobe's 60 point game in 2016 as Jordan Charizard/Rhydon. Level 7-1 was Germany 2014. Level 8-2 was Bayern 2020. Level 9-3 was Zidane 2022. Level 10-4 was Inter Milan 2023. Level 11-5 is when Bayern and Madrid matched up in UEFA 2024 with victory over Man City Doku. Raptor made an axiomatic system for Zang and SolitaryWalker!! Polished voices of vending machine crazy fuses of blizzards and rallying firmament tangles entertain rampaging jewels of fruits and dragons
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the most of useful is done in 1-2 functions regions. including new useful

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say that as an Fe user, I wish to use my creativity to inflict moods and create meaningful art for people. Usually I imagine something based off of things I've seen or read and mold it into something new, and a story begins to take place in my head that I slowly add onto. The details will always be rough and fuzzy in my head, so it's easier to write everything down and then fill in the details later. Like a rough draft or outline, or notes. When I run out of steam, I have to simply re-immerse myself with art and experiences to imagine other things. Usually I get pictures in my head only when listening to music. Consuming art and having experiences to me is like adding wood to a pile, and creativity is having a spark of an idea in your mind, starting a huge fire, and feeding it with more oxygen of following the creative idea. When it starts to burn low, add another log and everything goes back.

Life experiences and artistic influences and different intelligences in the brain (or functions if you will) combine to create works of art.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My creativity is just seeing what spaces exist in a structure(really good at this) and what will fill them (3/5 stars at this).

When I used to compose or when I write, I would always need to do something flippant or random to get things started and then the ideas would flood in and it would be a matter of remembering everything long enough to get it on the page

I think the coolest thing about my type of creativity is that I can just sit there and watch a perfectly form-fitted idea emerge like a bubble from the wall of my skull without my direct input

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Code:
    while:
        Distance()
        Approach()
        Fill_blanks()
        Distance() 
        Approach() 
        Success=Remove_specificity()
        if Success:
            suicide = random.choice((True, False))
            if suicide:
              blow_it_pieces()
            else:
              break
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly applied creativity. Creative problem solving, generating ideas for gamedev projects I want to work on, money-making ideas, etc. I also daydream quite a bit but I wouldn't consider it creative work because generally the themes aren't outlandish. My fantasies often involve explaining concepts and arguing with imaginary friends so I can develop those concepts better hahah but I do sometimes have cringy fantasies about being teleported into a magic realm and being a wizard and shit but it's mostly just free entertainment for when I'm trying to sleep or waiting in line lol

Now that you mention it, there may be a connection between creativity and Hidden Agenda. A lot of my creative work involves humour/joking/trolling which is basically Fe (fishing for emotional responses). It comes really effortlessly so I don't consider it creative work, just my normal flow of thoughts (I can come up with a quip for just about anything that happens in my life lol).
    Indeed I have met other ILE and SLE which are quite similar being excessively humourous.