Thread: Type Religions

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Religions

For fun -- do you think any religion/belief system generally reflects certain functions or types over others? Explain your impressions, if you like.

Christianity -- Te/Fi. Immense importance on proper feeling/a right attitude. Ti fairly unvalued; unbelief in the Trinity is heresy to all major sects.
    Islam -- Ni/Se. Shi'ism leaning more Beta; Sunnism perhaps more Gamma. Qur'an is written in poetry; great emphasis placed on interpretation of higher mysteries (Ni) coupled with direct, physical action when necessary (Se). Shi'ism is more demonstrative and there seems to be more group feeling; plus there's a stereotype of Betas being revolutionaries; Sunnism seems more skeptical of demonstrative feelings, and there seems to be more focus on deriving practical principles for life or for building a society (Te), with mystical contemplation still valued, but being typically a more private matter.
    Judaism -- Ti/Fe, perhaps Alpha. While mysticism exists, there more focus on justifying textual interpretations through elaborate reasoning (Ti), with bonus points for creativity (Ne). Communal religion; emphasis more on group feeling rather than individual feeling; almost total focus on making this life pleasurable rather than worrying about the next (Si); mysticism (which I'll consider Ni) seems fairly unvalued/almost shunted aside by the majority and only manifests much in certain sects who mostly keep to themselves. Perhaps also there's a stereotype of irreligious Jewish Gammas, which might indicate Gammas have a harder time connecting to the religion?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

catholicism is pretty solidly delta and more over . definitely harmonizing subtype. I think judaism is very conspicuously Aristocratic but so r most religions in general. sure plenty of famous/iconic jews r alpha but those r almost exclusively secular. judaism itself is largely beta. Black churches r super EIE as well

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but like religion as a whole is probably gamma + all prophets r beta nf

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agnostics r beta ST. Atheism is alpha. I wonder if there r any alpha converts...

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atheism is Alpha for sure, also plebbit tier cancer.

Hinduism however is Beta af..

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by capricieux View Post
    but like religion as a whole is probably gamma + all prophets r beta nf
    Why "religion as a whole" is gamma? Isn't one of gamma stereotypes "every man for himself"?
    But I can see religion could become some huge businesses/

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen converts to Catholicism approach conversion from every single angle. Truly all roads to lead to Rome. For years I have watched weekly episodes of Journey Homes, starting out mostly Protestnt ministers, but really everyone now, atheists, agnostics and every other religion - Islam, Hindu, new Age, more. Each week one person tells their journey and it seems to be form anywhere for every reason. So many different journeys.

However personally I fit @Freeklance Policeman's theory because I am Ne/Fi and value Te.
    @lkdhf qkb's theory is interesting [Catholicism Fi-Te, delta, Protestantism Ti-Fe, alpha] from my point of view having been/know both well. Yes, Protestantism seems more alpha, though, LII's end up being Catholic because use your Ti and you're in caught in the Fisherman's net for good.

My IEE friend just revealed she is going to see her "shaman" - that s connected to an old Native American Spirituality (my husband said, related to animism], which is nothing to do with her heritage but has struck deeply some note within her.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about spiritual but not religious people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1HIopKBb3w
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scientology is primarily Ne-Ti in spiritual technology with Te-Se in its organization structure. Dianetics is very Ti.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    Scientology is primarily Ne-Ti in spiritual technology with Te-Se in its organization structure. Dianetics is very Ti.
    How so? I don’t know much about it. The few times I’ve tried reading explanations of scientology it just sounded like nonsense and I didn’t care to try understanding more.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    How so? I don’t know much about it. The few times I’ve tried reading explanations of scientology it just sounded like nonsense and I didn’t care to try understanding more.
    Kinda hard to give a run down but super super basics are about this:

Man is an immortal spiritual being or more specifically an immortal spirit called a Thetan which possesses a mind and body.

Our mind consists of two parts, the analytical mind, which runs like a perfect calculating computer, and a reactive mind, which runs on a stimulus response basis. The source of all our ills and sorrows and irrationality goes back to our reactive mind in what is called engrams, past moments of pain and unconsciousness. Dianetic therapy was developed to erase our engrams throughout our lives and eventually our reactive mind entirely, leaving man in a state called Clear, a purely rational being without a reactive mind and instead left with sole analytical thinking.

Scientology developed from Dianetics upon the discovery that man truly was an immortal spirit who has lived countless lives and that the spirit specifically, not just the mind, needed to be addressed in order for man to truly be free. Everything revolves around this goal. There are no special rituals or ceremonies or any worship in Scientology and nothing is taken on a faith basis, you apply the tech to your life and see if it works and find out if it does or not.

One does 2 things in Scientology primarily, go on study and go in session. The former is courseroom study with a supervisor and the latter therapy with an auditor, meaning one who listens. You study to learn more about scientology, tools for assisting in life, and most importantly for becoming an auditor yourself, whereas when you go in session, it is to clear engrams and improve spiritual state and abilities in life.

There are various other things like the Purif which is a vitamin exercise program to cleanse your body of toxins and TRs which are training drills for teaching one things like communication, many of which are humorous with the usage of Alice in Wonderland as a tool and speaking of humourous, most lectures are actually filled with countless jokes and good humor where one will frequently be trying to contain themselves from bursting in laughter while on course listening. L. Ron Hubbard is the sole founder and source of everything in Scientology and Dianetics. If it's not from LRH, it's not source and it's not tech.

Now I'm not gonna delineate everything because I can't give verbal tech, it's out policy. It's also difficult as LRH is the most prolific writer in history (not counting all of his lectures which in total time surpass his writings in volume). But this is a basic if poor explanation of what it is.
    Last edited by ContractedCriminalboy; 05-02-2021 at 10:29 PM.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All religions are delta.