Thread: IEI hobbies

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI hobbies

Hello IEIs. What are your hobbies? What are the hobbies of other IEIs you know?

TIM
    IEI-D
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm nerdy kind of IEI so technology and generally learning about the world. I'm going to sign up for a martial art course with my ESI friend in couple months so this will be another probably. From typical IEI-ish schizoid stuff: conspiracy theories (not mainstream ones ), rabbit holes and generally mysterious things.
    Edit: also I like bikes and hiking (now, I do it rarely). I used to want to be a vet but chose something else
    Last edited by AttackHelicopter; 04-25-2021 at 10:43 PM.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol well I have way too many. It sort of depends on how much you think I have to do something for it to "count" as a hobby, but I'll try to list them in approximate order of frequency.

Stuff I do at least every other day: study Japanese, draw, read manga, game, listen to music, study random stuff online, watch YouTube (I'm subscribed to over 400 channels and they're all quite varied, but I'll list some favs down below)

Stuff I do fairly often: cook, watch anime, worldbuilding

Stuff I do occasionally: hike, play guitar, paint digitally, go to izakaya with my friends, write poetry

Stuff I enjoy, but don't do as often: ski, camp, swim, write fiction (I've finished NaNoWriMo a couple times, but it's just for fun, I don't publish anything), cosplay

Example of YouTube channels I keep up with/watch every video of: Armoured Skeptic, Boyinaband, CGP Grey, Drawfee Show, Ethan Becker, Felix Colgrave, Gun Drummer, Hungry Lights, Institute of Human Anatomy, Jackson Crawford, Kurzgesagt - In a Nutshell, LEMMiNO, michaelcthulhu, NativLang, Overly Sarcastic Productions, Philosophy Tube, ReligionForBreakfast, Skallagrim, Trash Taste, Vsauce, Whang!, Worthikids, You Suck At Cooking, ZNA Productions, からめる、圧倒的不審者の極み!、日本語の森

I tried to get one for each letter of the alphabet, but was missing a few. Hopefully this post answers your question well enough though!
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dancing, chatting, films, jogging, eating, pretending to write poetry

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t even know anymore lol

tbh I go through phases of being interested in things that are either pretty esoteric and weird, or more shallow endeavors. some of it may or may not be type related, and some maybe be fully or partially related to my upbringing in conjunction with my disordered brain lol.

-I spend entirely too much time on my phone carousing the internet., especially when stressed or being avoidant. What I do online- read daily mail articles about politics and show biz, shop on apps (usually clothes), get on this site, look through tumblr, read online psychology articles, find books on goodreads, read book review blogs, read poetry

-reading mostly. I like gothic, historical fiction, paranormal romance, philosophy, memoirs (mainly about people with issuez) ....usually I’ll get stuck on one genre for a while, and read a lot from that genre. Once, for example, I was stuck on existentialism, and then another time, Shirley Jackson. I used to write a lot, fantasy, but am feeling too overwhelmed these days. When I write, it’s usually poetry. And my poetry is usually pretty dark and puts me in a weird dark trance, so I’ve been avoiding it as I’m trying to maintain a more positive state nowadays, after sinking to an all time low and trying to avoid going back there again.

-genealogy. I knew my great grandma and she used to tell me about our family and show me pics when I was a little girl. I was always fascinated of her stories of ‘back then’. I think it was in my mid 20’s when I began my own research and started to really get a hang of how to do it (through census records, marriage license), and it became a bit of an obsession. Then I got into genetic genealogy and began using it to fill in the blanks.

-history, culture, art, conspiracy theories, the odd, scary, bizarre, taboo. Society, anthropology, sociology. Psychology. Religion. Any of those subjects will draw me in like a moth to flame . In my teens I was pretty into got into ghost hunting, seances, astrology, dream interpretation, and Egyptian mummies. Mostly Everyone thought I was really weird. I like horror movies. Weird movies. Art museums. Museums in general. Historical sites. Old said to be haunted buildings. Cemeteries. Certain ornate architecture.

-sometimes I crochet. Mainly just hats and scarves. I’ve made a few blankets. Pretty simple designs. I get too distracted for anything too intricate lol. Then I lose what I’m doing. I honestly mainly like putting the colors and patterns together for specific people. The idea of it is more fun to me than actually doing it, and I do get some kind of satisfaction from actually finish something.

-Tennis. I haven’t played in a long time. But I do enjoy it. My mom was obsessed with getting me ‘involved’ with sports in school, and she got me private and group tennis lessons. A lot of times I wanted to quit, but she made me go. I became mediocre after all the lessons and being on my school tennis team. If I was to play a sport for fun, it’d be tennis, badminton, ping pong... probably because it’s just ingrained in my brain at this point, and I’m decent at it.

-shopping. I have a problem. my kids say I have an addiction with clothes shopping and my husband says he can’t give me money or it’s gone in a heart beat on ‘stupid shit’. I like looking at and buying clothes. Putting together outfits.... last summer I got really into nail polish and bought something like 30 Essie nail polishes. I also got onto a scrunchie kick. It’s like I just start collecting whatever I’m interested in at the time. It becomes an obsession. Lately I got into skin care and have been obsessed with it and reading about things like the best time to exfoliate your face and how much vitamin c is too much. If you give me money, I will find a way to spend every last penny, fairly quickly. I’m terrible at saving and I hate spending my money on food/groceries, bills, gas (I’m almost always on E, DH gets mad at me for putting 10$ in at a time, ‘why don’t you just fill it up?’ And then he accuses me of having him drive my car in E that way he has to buy me gas. Would I ever? ). Also- interior decorating. But it comes second to clothes, so I never seem to quite get around to it. But I do like the whole decorating the space/having a vision of it type thing. I hate painting and doing the dirty work, though.

-biking, exercising, hiking? Well I try... DH bought me a very pretty vintage looking Schwann bike for my birthday, and we’ve been riding bikes together. I have tried running. But it’s hard for me to stick with. Hiking/camping sounds fun, but in practice it just isn’t as fun as I imagine these things? And I try to be outdoorsy on occasion, because I guess it’s suppose to be good for you or something... but I would enjoy traveling the world. I’d go anywhere. I’m not picky. Of course I have places I’d like to go more than others, but I wouldn’t mind seeing the whole world.

I probably forgot something. Sorry, that turned out kind of long
    Last edited by Aster; 04-26-2021 at 02:14 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Aylen @ooo @Fay @user123
    you may add here. it's who gave enough of materials including videos to be sure in their types

2 of them (ooo and Fay) have a hobby to change opinions about own types

Among above ones @aster has ESI (she thought her type before as EII, while recent written IEI is based on Gulenko's non-Socionics nonsense). Other ones can have any types as there are often mistakes in this, what makes such threads on forums as doubtful to be useful.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, what I thought... they might enter aimless Ne mode in private.

[And let's not talk about my self submerged trance states]
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Yeah, what I thought... they might enter aimless Ne mode in private.

[And let's not talk about my self submerged trance states]
    Ah, so do you have an outrageous chamber of glow in the dark hexagrams that show your intuitive flair?

I remember Visas Marr from Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 the Sith Lords had an arena on the Ravager battleship space cruiser of elevated frequency she would tap and connected as a siphon or lich to Darth Nihilus, a masquerading maniac!

Maybe you're a Solitary dreamer rather than an Idiosyncratic illusionist, who knows?
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Ah, so do you have an outrageous chamber of glow in the dark hexagrams that show your intuitive flair?
    Let's say if IEI mysticism travels around aimlessly my mental explorations begins to form symbolic transformations.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, a vitality infused realm of paradoxes and metaphors, I like that!!
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflecting on one's couch.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I write songs, I sing, I host art therapy workshops with a friend (EIE) and I like working out even though I'm far from the best at bodybuilding. I just like being in a gym and the feeling that I get when I'm done with a session.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A hobby of mine is printmaking. Etching and linocut. I take classes so I can use printing facilities, learn techniques, receive support and meet other printmakers. I think it would be nice to sell some work one day- it would be nice if people liked it enough to buy it, also the money earned would cover the cost of lessons and materials.

I also like music (dance mainly but also alternative/pop) but I'm not the greatest at updating my collection. I'd like to make more playlists.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None apart from browsing the web or sometimes playing a game. The rest of my time I spend is concerned with theory and it's application. The latter I cannot consider a hobby because it is my livelihood, not that it provides me with sustenance—but it's the only thing I do.

I do not know any other IEIs.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember reading on here that IEIs often have a hobby which involves physical activity (I have had some, art, dancing..). But I was starting to worry that I wasn't a normal IEI because I can't see myself immersing myself in any of these in the next few years. Then I realised a while a ago that I had the thought I would like to take up hiking/ walking. And it does seem that a lot of people I date enjoy this as a hobby, or I suppose I could join a group to walk with.

I remember hearing about a family member who had taken up walking (a family member who had lost someone close). It seems like it could be a good hobby for alleviating depression. I do remember as a kid (living in the inner city) I did love playing outside. There were a reasonable amount of trees..and lots of things to climb/ explore in the area I lived in. I had an SEE friend who made everything into an exciting adventure.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    That's N --> S in all N leads
    yep but I think IEIs can extra obsessed with a physical thing, in a healthy-ish way lol

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@one was also thinking that my ni subtype might mean I have more ILI like interests. (And my goal is to teach in some capacity which is ILIish). But ultimately, I want to try to balance out my subtype, and I think doing physical things (that are interesting to me) helps me feel more sane and capable at life lol It's like you get enraptured by the activity and then afterwards you feel more in tune with the world/ other parts of yourself

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I'm still thinking how exactly it would manifest for each type but basically it's the N->S pattern I'm kinda sure of. But I guess the role shines through and IxI's role is Si. IxE sometimes love raw experiences which could be just role showing. But I think some IEs affect each other and can be in tandem in expression. I'm confused a little now and can't verbalize it though, given that I also want to attach this to type being their faux superego type upon first impression.
    yh.....like SLI being good at technical stuff. Like my SLI dad being good at fixing things haha. Or an SLI dj I know of being super passionate about playing/ performing. Like the most passionate DJ.. food for thought

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like baking, sewing, knitting and crocheting, makeup, fashion, and conspiracy theories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vex View Post
    I like baking, sewing, knitting
    If only @Poptart knew IEI like this too
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some hobbies are more universal, e.g. knitting is meditative so many take it up like my SLE friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    I remember reading on here that IEIs often have a hobby which involves physical activity (I have had some, art, dancing..). But I was starting to worry that I wasn't a normal IEI because I can't see myself immersing myself in any of these in the next few years. Then I realised a while a ago that I had the thought I would like to take up hiking/ walking. And it does seem that a lot of people I date enjoy this as a hobby, or I suppose I could join a group to walk with.
    IEIs as a rule avoid high intensity, contact sports because increased concentration in physical environment = quitting 'dreamy' state. One cannot do both. But walking and hiking still works for them as they can still rumiate ideas, fantasize, create scenarios while they engage physically.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think I would like to walk and hike more and run more. Tbh I think I should focus on running and art and not think of it as a bad thing if I don’t love either of these things as much as one could. I like to look fit, i like to listen (and force myself to find) music to run to, I like being in an art studio with people and creating something original, that could one day earn me some prestige, which I feel a lack of. But yeah hiking in nature sounds lovely- the textures, the landscapes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to me that walking, thinking about your own thoughts and listening to music while doing this, or slowly riding a bicycle, it is great, for your own pleasure are good activities. And of course, reading, drawing or something like that
    Last edited by Chhow; 02-05-2023 at 01:26 PM.

TIM
    school shooter one
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming on the16types and getting typed by Alive
    how to enlarge your dragon, click here

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    get ready to get cucked
    Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    got this Socionics stuff caught by the balls