Thread: Thoughts or Questions (slowly answering the questionnaire)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Thoughts or Questions (slowly answering the questionnaire)

In order to not be confused further by people's statements, you can ask me anything here, state anything here, or don't.

Extra confusion but here is my small opinion on subtype and type:

I am definitely an introverted type (unless you will say something weird about subtype). I am most likely ethical It is far more likely that I am a sensing type than an intuitive one.

SEI-Si is unlikely, most likely SEI-Fe or no subtype at all. As for DCNH, I have zero clue about subtype there... but not harmonizing.

I would fill out the questionnaire, but I have too many thoughts on each question to possibly answer each and every single one without taking a good day or two to answer the whole thing, and quite possibly I would spend large portions of time editing the whole thing.

Maybe one day if I have the time I will, but it just seems excessive right now. I'd rather slowly answer each one, and just add them in until I finish it all so that I do not rethink my answers and edit them. Going to go in order so I don't get confused:
    Last edited by MidnightWilderness; 04-25-2021 at 04:17 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's low possibly to get correct type without a video

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    it's low possibly to get correct type without a video
    That is quite probably true since online you can't get an accurate impression of anyone, they could just be saying anything.

However I don't particularly wish to attach my face to anything here, and for the purposes of this account it is mostly just for randomness and wasteful feelings.

I would have to make a completely new account and somehow make sure that no one would even ever guess that these two accounts were the same to save me from painful embarrassment.

So right now the best I can do is just to use this in combination with my own opinion on ITRs to guess my type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

make a video

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make a video
    This made me laugh because it is dry humor that seems well-intentioned. It's good advice for accuracy, but what are your thoughts on privacy?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make a video
    Very funny Sol, but no, now is not the time.

Also I am like 70-90% sure of being SEI right now, and I am only being like 50% serious about socionics at the current moment. So if that somehow switches around, which I highly doubt it as no evidence of me being even minorly intuitive has surfaced, then yes I will make one. There is no way I could be Fi type, and no way to be Se type either, and I have to be Fe. That leaves four types, of which I can tell you I am introverted for sure. More likely that I sense. An educated guess tells me that SEI is most likely because I don't see how I use Ne or Ni.

Or I could just be trash at socionics, which considering that I have only begun to really try to understand it in the last couple of months and only a sparse attempt at it.

I hope Sol can have his dreams come true, a perfect world where everyone loves video typing before assuming anything about their type.

However I will say one thing about video typing, it is best to type with patterns of behavior in real life. People can try to mimic any kind of movement, say anything on camera, but in real life it is much more easily done.

I can clearly see Ne patterns of behavior in my boyfriend, the Ti in the background as usual, and the frequent mishaps with Si, also the Fi polr, all clearly observable over time.

And my boyfriend sees Si, Fe, and so on in me. He can't see any Ne or Ni in me. That should already point toward Si-Fe, SEI type being much more likely. (Albeit he also has poor knowledge of Socionics as a whole, makes mistakes and so on, bad assumptions, so we can't say that this is 100% accurate, but it does point more towards SEI.)

It's harder in real life if that person doesn't talk a lot or is secretive about their opinions on things, which is the only downfall.

Best of all is for me to create a YouTube channel, that way patterns of behavior are much more clearly seen.

Short time + observable patterns in the moment = mostly accurate, but still with the possibility for errors and confusion.

Long time + observable patterns over the lifetime = more accurate typing, including specific usage of functions to the individual (as some people lean into different functions more than others, making typing a little more difficult for some)

Now I could talk about my childhood, but then my functions were still developing as well, which won't give a very accurate picture of me now. But that would reduce the errors that could possibly be made.

So a video could be useful Sol, but currently I don't particularly wish to do so, when I feel I already know the answer to this question.

TL;DR I will think about it,

Sol ur suuuupper funny,
    calling me a sloth is very punny,
    but I think my type I already know,
    If I have major doubts again, fine I'll show.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midnight, that's great! A few months in and digging deeper for insights. I agree that long-term pattern tracking in various contexts is very important. It's also the case (with the advent of parasocial interactions and youtube stardom) that some of us have become talented authenticity-actors for the camera. Much easier to create and maintain a desired image for the short-term, controlled environment videos

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    I am only being like 50% serious about socionics at the current moment.
    As there is no objective to trust Socionics theory still, it would be useful to have own experience to see when the theory works.
    It's possibly to get this by trying to understand types of people near you. It's also is good way to undestand own type by IR and by a comparision with them.
    To read Jung and Filatova's books, later mb other texts to understand typology basis. Then to type people IRL by tests, VI, behavior analysis. It's better approach than making typing themes in the situation since you are relatively sure in your type.
    If you want a help, anyway, the materials should be quality (video as min) - this allows typing accuracy to be acceptable.

It's easy to mistake in own type without IR checking.

> perfect world where everyone loves video typing

What you need to love is the truth and reason, as this fits your interests. Nonverbal data is very useful for typing of people, especially not well-known to you and which know types theory.
    Without reasonable approach to the typing you have much higher chance to get a mistake and to loose your efforts and time without a use.

When people behave more reasonably, the world becomes more perfect. And more pleasant for them.
    To make a video is not hard. There is no other way to get good help with your type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sojourn View Post
    but what are your thoughts on privacy?
    There are no significant risks to be seen. Except you'll post "weird secrets" from the account, what is not needed for a typing.
    In social networks as fb, tiktok, vk, etc are many people who post their photos with real names. To have only a look is softer situation.

I doubt it's possibly to be reasonably assured in a type without this data. Especially when people know types theory and may filter the info.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you need to love is the truth and reason, as this fits your interests.

Hmm truth and reason sounds more like what you love.
    Ti HA just wants to understand things, not necessarily have a rhyme or reason for everything.

Nonverbal data is very useful for typing of people, especially not well-known to you and which know types theory.
    Without reasonable approach to the typing you have much higher chance to get a mistake and to loose your efforts and time without a use.

True that it could be useful, but I think verbal is better in the long term, and nonverbal is better when you have less data. True that if you don't have a reasonable approach to typing there are higher instances of mistakes. And true that I could lose my efforts, but I have not seen an instance of Socionics being beneficial to me yet, although I do believe it has major use.

When people behave more reasonably, the world becomes more perfect. And more pleasant for them.

Ahh the beautiful LSE dictatorship where everyone believes in the beautiful Te reason and logic.
    Sounds very pleasant to be supervised for the rest of my life in a practical and efficient Delta ST world.
    Every single order is gently and passive aggressively carried out so as not to hurt the feelings.

To make a video is not hard. There is no other way to get good help with your type.

I agree to make a video is not hard, but you did not see the possibility that others may not want people to be able to trace their faces back to this forum. As the EII said, what about privacy? And clearly tracing can happen, albeit in extreme circumstances, but you must be prepared for that possibility.

But I will think it over Sol...

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no significant risks to be seen. Except you'll post "weird secrets" from the account, what is not needed for a typing.
    In social networks as fb, tiktok, vk, etc are many people who post their photos with real names. To have only a look is softer situation.

I doubt it's possibly to be reasonably assured in a type without this data. Especially when people know types theory and may filter the info.
    Hmm fair point, but usually on such accounts people will filter their opinions. And so posting photos with your name is less of an issue when you only post what you want others to see, giving you a sense of security.

Although I haven't posted much of anything that I would be majorly ashamed of.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For both verbal and nonverbal, what do you think about these two guys: https://youtu.be/PWIjHjGATA0

Rhett is a clear ILE.
    Not sure about Link, but thinking he's Alpha or Delta for now. They have years of videos (maybe 10??) showing their development/nonverbal patterns.
    Last edited by sojourn; 05-19-2021 at 12:49 PM.