Thread: SEI hobbies

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEI hobbies

I didn't actually see any separate threads for SEIs and I wondered what my fellow SEIs liked doing.

I'll start, I have had depression for a long time and so I couldn't form hobbies for the longest time, but recently I have started learning Russian and that seems to keep me happy and motivated.

Although I haven't read in a month, I do enjoy reading, I keep marking it down on my calendar to go and pick up a book, but I keep forgetting and so I had to put a giant sign on my door telling me to look at my calendar. Hopefully I will remember to do it soon.

Anyways, what I ultimately like is writing, (In general things connected to literature) even though currently I am cringe at being able to do it, it connects to everything I eventually hope to achieve.

I want to become a musician and write my own song lyrics, and one day I want to write and direct a psychological rock opera film.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of my hobbies are a little weird.

In 2017-19 I got super into researching all of the ties between the Trump campaign and Russia. There were so many of them that I started mapping them out in visio. In 2020 I started doing the same thing but with Giuliani and Ukraine.

I love reading books written by and about politicians. I'm super excited to read John Boehner's new book.

Last year I got super interested in this hobby I call "snping". I was basically just reading about every interesting snp I could find on snpedia.com and cross-referencing them to my DNA file exported from 23&Me. I wonder if there are genosets that correspond to personality type.

This isn't really a hobby, but right now I'm studying to get my real estate license as a plan b career.

I also enjoy exercise (running, hiking) and playing video games (COD, Destiny 2).

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Eat and Fart. Also following ILEs around. Besides that they enjoy hosting parties and doing paper crafts with their furry paws.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t be confused by their external formality, their true hobbies are have sugar daddy, be bisexual, twerk, eat hot chip N lie.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha very funny guys but actually no...

I hate arts and crafts

I have major projects of my own

and I ain't got no formality in my speech

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    Eat and Fart. Also following ILEs around. Besides that they enjoy hosting parties and doing paper crafts with their furry paws.
    I have an ILE boyfriend, he is okay to talk to but I wish he would give me more alone time. I hate parties, they are full of small talk and loud noises, I am an introverted type. I eat only when hungry. I hate paper crafts because I don't have the energy for that. My hands aren't furry.

See Akira, what do SLIs like to do? Craftsmanship and eating lots of practical food? This could go both ways with the insults

Jk I understand your hate towards some of them but come on

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    Don’t be confused by their external formality, their true hobbies are have sugar daddy, be bisexual, twerk, eat hot chip N lie.
    Flames, I thought EIEs were like this:

Don't be confused by their poetic speeches, their true hobbies include dramatically sighing, having LSI sugar daddies, being edgy for the lulz, and so on

Just kidding I don't actually know any EIEs in real life... But an eye for an eye

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    Flames, I thought EIEs were like this:

Don't be confused by their poetic speeches, their true hobbies include dramatically sighing, having LSI sugar daddies, being edgy for the lulz, and so on

Just kidding I don't actually know any EIEs in real life... But an eye for an eye
    Not legitimately formal (Si + Ip), it’s just the combination of Ti hidden agenda and being a negativist type that gives a bit of that impression online.

I would say the EIE part is right just replace the words “sugar daddies” with emotional anchors.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Haha very funny guys but actually no...

I hate arts and crafts

I have major projects of my own

and I ain't got no formality in my speech
    No SEI for you then.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have an ILE boyfriend, he is okay to talk to but I wish he would give me more alone time. I hate parties, they are full of small talk and loud noises, I am an introverted type. I eat only when hungry. I hate paper crafts because I don't have the energy for that. My hands aren't furry.

See Akira, what do SLIs like to do? Craftsmanship and eating lots of practical food? This could go both ways with the insults

Jk I understand your hate towards some of them but come on
    You are wrong. I don't hate SEIs. I just tell what I've seen

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not legitimately formal (Si + Ip), it’s just the combination of Ti hidden agenda and being a negativist type that gives a bit of that impression online.

I would say the EIE part is right just replace the words “sugar daddies” with emotional anchors.
    Unwilling emotional support anchors with actual money

Negativist not really, realist yes

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's one person I knew I think was SEI, she liked reading a lot, called herself a "bookmouse" because it's... I'm not sure anymore which words she used and I'm translating. We say "library rat" here, that's why she used mouse.
    She liked tarot cards but was a bit scared of them, she did some volontier work.
    She was also interested in spirituality, synchronicity.
    I remember she enjoyed drinking her coffee in the morning while looking outside, she spoke quite colorfully about it, sounded beautiful.
    I don't remember her talking about arts n crafts nor cooking. Maybe art, saying words that repainted it in a new light.
    SEI-Fe, I'd say.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    the one I know

1) this bead thing where you put tiny beads together and iron them over and you make something that way
    2) crochet
    3) legos
    4) travel
    5) sending each other letters and stuff once in a while
    6) certain online communities and friends she has on them

Again sorry
    Last edited by MidnightWilderness; 04-24-2021 at 06:49 PM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    There's one person I knew I think was SEI, she liked reading a lot, called herself a "bookmouse" because it's... I'm not sure anymore which words she used and I'm translating. We say "library rat" here, that's why she used mouse.
    She liked tarot cards but was a bit scared of them, she did some volontier work.
    She was also interested in spirituality, synchronicity.
    I remember she enjoyed drinking her coffee in the morning while looking outside, she spoke quite colorfully about it, sounded beautiful.
    I don't remember her talking about arts n crafts nor cooking. Maybe art, saying words that repainted it in a new light.
    SEI-Fe, I'd say.

Sorry
    Last edited by MidnightWilderness; 04-24-2021 at 06:49 PM.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unwilling emotional support anchors with actual money

Negativist not really, realist yes
    Realism is usually just a soft form of negativism considering the real world is very negative, but I was speaking on socionics dichotomies (I am also negativist but not always a negative person, it’s more of a balance for me, I think [I see what’s wrong first but I make it better somehow - IEE 7 is also like this])

Unwilling is debatable - I think EIE often crashes into an LSI’s life so it may be somewhat like that initially but LSI willingly allows it. However, the money part is irrelevant since I have never used an LSI for money (sometimes weed, but it’s truly a give & take relationship- I’m actually the one that often brings the money to the table lol)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are wrong. I don't hate SEIs. I just tell what I've seen

Hmm maybe you should get out more to find better examples, but oh, wait, you need an IEE to push you out of the house and suggest new places for you to go.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realism is usually just a soft form of negativism considering the real world is very negative, but I was speaking on socionics dichotomies (I am also negativist but not always a negative person, it’s more of a balance for me, I think [I see what’s wrong first but I make it better somehow - IEE 7 is also like this])

Unwilling is debatable - I think EIE often crashes into an LSI’s life so it may be somewhat like that initially but LSI willingly allows it. However, the money part is irrelevant since I have never used an LSI for money (sometimes weed, but it’s truly a give & take relationship- I’m actually the one that often brings the money to the table lol)
    Realism is like this for me, we are all going to die, but wait, that means I can pursue my dreams and do what I want to do as long as I am not dead. So I will keep trying no matter what to suceed.

Also the real world is bittersweet, whos the negativist now? There are so many wonderful things to go and pursue, love to be had, joy and emotions, but also sadness and death and isolation, and people who fight against you. But you must win against them.

Oh ok, I mean I wish that I would be the one to bring money to the table but I will be a starving artist instead.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like reading too
    Tarot cards are nonsense
    Hopefully not into the mumbo jumbo "spirituality" and more into a philosophic spirituality
    I go outside only to run
    Same I don't particularly like that
    Tarot cards are only tools one can use, it can be useful to think about stuff, take a step back. One day, I pulled random cards to show her how it works and it fitted her current life so well, it scared me. It became a thinking tool for her to consider a job offer she wasn't sure about, ended up refusing and got a better one.
    I think her spiritual search was linked to loss, I'm unsure of the details.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flowers and sugar View Post
    Tarot cards are only tools one can use, it can be useful to think about stuff, take a step back. One day, I pulled random cards to show her how it works and it fitted her current life so well, it scared me. It became a thinking tool for her to consider a job offer she wasn't sure about, ended up refusing and got a better one.
    I think her spiritual search was linked to loss, I'm unsure of the details.
    Ohh I just didn't consider it since prefer to do self reflection on my own. I would just have analyzed the job offer on my own.

Hmm yes I could see loss being linked to trying to find spirituality and so on. I think loss or emptiness is a reason why people become therapists too, they go further and further into psychology and spirituality to find themselves.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm maybe you should get out more to find better examples, but oh, wait, you need an IEE to push you out of the house and suggest new places for you to go.

I go outside only to run
    hmmm...

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm...
    Yes because there is nowhere to go currently outside. Everywhere would cost money, and besides I am content sitting inside and studying.

I am not even saying that all SLIs are boring craftsmen types and only want to follow IEEs, I just have such a reaction to you saying we just do arts and crafts all day and follow ILEs around.

Let's just agree that Si egos do not have to be boring together.

And fair enough you have me there... with your Te

Darn it being 1D Te and making bad logical arguments...

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am just very tired of all the hate we get for being SEIs...

I can't even make this post without people jumping in to just make assumptions...

And then because of my 1D Te I fail to properly argue anything and make more assumptions

I admit my full apologies to everyone on this thread

There should be a special forum for each separate quadra...

but then nah it would be boring and not as much fun to argue

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realism is like this for me, we are all going to die, but wait, that means I can pursue my dreams and do what I want to do as long as I am not dead. So I will keep trying no matter what to suceed.

Also the real world is bittersweet, whos the negativist now? There are so many wonderful things to go and pursue, love to be had, joy and emotions, but also sadness and death and isolation, and people who fight against you. But you must win against them.

Oh ok, I mean I wish that I would be the one to bring money to the table but I will be a starving artist instead.
    Optimistic nihilist seems true for SEIs regardless if you are one or not, actually. I would say ILI is pessimistic nihilist and EIE is somewhere in between and all three types share the same cognitive style.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Optimistic nihilist seems true for SEIs regardless if you are one or not, actually. I would say ILI is pessimistic nihilist and EIE is somewhere in between and all three types share the same cognitive style.
    "Optimistic nihilism views the belief that there is no underlying meaning to life from a perspective of hope. It’s not that we’re doomed to live in a meaningless universe–it’s that we get the chance to experience ourselves and the universe we share. The optimistic nihilist looks at a world lacking meaning and purpose and sees the opportunity to create their own.

Existentialism - A philosophical theory or approach which emphasizes the existence of the individual person as a free and responsible agent determining their own development through acts of the will."

It's pretty close to existentialism there, I would say however that my version of beliefs is like this:

People make choices based on observations and/or feelings, those choices then affect everything around them. Like the Ray Bradbury story about time travel and the butterfly. Each choice matters greatly for the outcome. And I do not believe actually in living only for yourself, but rather trying to make choices so that others can feel meaning in their lives. You shouldn't just create meaning for yourself but for others, and maybe not meaning but pleasant experiences. And not only pleasant experience and meaning, but to buy as much time as possible for the human race to live and progress before we die.

I do not know the name of this philosophy however...

Oh wait and there may or may not be a God controlling this world, but that is currently unclear to me.

So like expanded Optimistic Nihilism with Agnosticism where I go back and forth from believing in God to this.

And oh wait another thought came into my head, the most important thing humans have is willpower of the soul.

As I writer, I believe humans can write their own destiny if they try very, very, hard they can beat all odds.

So that's why there are "dark horse" and fighting themes when I write or dream.
    Last edited by MidnightWilderness; 04-24-2021 at 06:07 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am just very tired of all the hate we get for being SEIs...

I can't even make this post without people jumping in to just make assumptions...

And then because of my 1D Te I fail to properly argue anything and make more assumptions

I admit my full apologies to everyone on this thread

There should be a special forum for each separate quadra...

but then nah it would be boring and not as much fun to argue
    Actually, @MidnightWilderness, your making these posts caused me to see that you’re a pretty cool person.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange

UwU my conflictor thinks I'm cool

Jk IRL you would change your mind

Sometimes my Fe emotions kind of puke themselves a bit too much and sometimes I am too random, and sometimes I am too dry, and mostly I am a mentally confused individual so that's what really constitutes any coolness.

I actually don't know you that well but here:
    I would describe you as the person on the ultimate conquest for finding a fair ESI maiden, and reading the posts of half crazed individuals with enthusiasm.
    A member of the knights of the Te-mplar

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes because there is nowhere to go currently outside. Everywhere would cost money, and besides I am content sitting inside and studying.

I am not even saying that all SLIs are boring craftsmen types and only want to follow IEEs, I just have such a reaction to you saying we just do arts and crafts all day and follow ILEs around.

Let's just agree that Si egos do not have to be boring together.

And fair enough you have me there... with your Te

Darn it being 1D Te and making bad logical arguments...
    ...But all SLIs all boring craftsmen.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange

Sometimes my Fe emotions kind of puke themselves a bit too much and sometimes I am too random, and sometimes I am too dry, and mostly I am a mentally confused individual so that's what really constitutes any coolness.

I would describe you as the person on the ultimate conquest for finding a fair ESI maiden, and reading the posts of half crazed individuals with enthusiasm.
    Thats because he's not your conflictor.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange

Well, we’re not interacting in real life, so that’s not a problem.

Some SEIs are pretty terrific in real life. I work with one. I keep our relationship good by not interacting with her any more than is strictly necessary. I told her that’s the reason I never set foot in her office, and she’s cool with that.

I met an SEI from here for lunch once. She was very nice and super-intelligent and that was the longest, most painful lunch I’ve ever had. Lol. So you are right about that.

I AM on a quest to find a fair maiden. I’ve tried the rest and I want the best.

As for enjoying reading random posts, I have 4D Ne, but I only use it for jokes and entertainment.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-24-2021 at 06:35 PM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...But all SLIs all boring craftsmen.
    @Akira

On a serious note (forget my earlier aggressions), every type is needed. We need craftsmen to repair items so we can use them again so that it doesn't end up in landfills causing further pollution, someone to make practical furniture that makes our lives easier, someone to call on when our faucets break and our cars give out, to design better products with attention to detail and expertise of skill so that they are efficient and easy to use. SEIs don't have the Te practicality for that level of work, and N types do not have the Si attention to detail for that. A craftsman is a skilled worker, not just nobody.

Heck just do whatever you want to do as an SLI and it will be useful somehow (unless it involves like murdering innocent people or something like that).

And hey, I think your duals and other SLIs would politely disagree with you.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats because he's not your conflictor.
    @Akira I don't know, online interactions are different from real life, as Adam says.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Akira

On a serious note (forget my earlier aggressions), every type is needed. We need craftsmen to repair items so we can use them again so that it doesn't end up in landfills causing further pollution, someone to make practical furniture that makes our lives easier, someone to call on when our faucets break and our cars give out, to design better products with attention to detail and expertise of skill so that they are efficient and easy to use. SEIs don't have the Te practicality for that level of work, and N types do not have the Si attention to detail for that. A craftsman is a skilled worker, not just nobody.

Heck just do whatever you want to do as an SLI and it will be useful somehow (unless it involves like murdering innocent people or something like that).
    ok, no problem and no need to say sorry, I'm not taking any of this seriously. I was obviously joking in my first post too.

And hey, I think your duals and other SLIs would politely disagree with you.
    ...they are probably not my duals neither other SLIs.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post

minus the last eyeroll.
    The level of maturity on this thread is so high you can smell it, it smells like a hormonal teenager

And this was supposed to be about SEI hobbies originally, but all my threads keep derailing into something else

And true, fair enough, each to his own thing and that is fine...

If there are two major lesson to learn from this thread it's,

1. Please take time off of the internet if you are having emotional troubles (I fail at this.. :\)
    2. Don't attack other people for their interests, never ever do such a thing because each person derives enjoyment and happiness from them, and there isn't nearly enough positivity here

I will write an apology the best I can for any person, be it here on this forum or somewhere else:

I should not have in the least been any kind of snobbish towards any person or anything, everything can be useful in someway, and people can derive happiness from their activities, and the happiness is what matters and not how "interesting" it is because those are subjective attributes for everyone.
    Last edited by MidnightWilderness; 04-24-2021 at 06:55 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

real life examples:
    -making "slime"
    -playing the ukelele and singing
    -making various types of smoothies
    -thrifting for clothing and finding obscure thrift shops/sales
    -nail painting
    -dancing
    -reading classical literature
    -videogames
    -bookbinding
    -learning languages
    -going to art museums
    -sending postcards when travelling

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The level of maturity on this thread is so high you can smell it, it smells like a hormonal teenager

And this was supposed to be about SEI hobbies originally, but all my threads keep derailing into something else

And true, fair enough, each to his own thing and that is fine...

Dearie me, time to take a small break from the internet...
    wait, are you a teen?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait, are you a teen?
    Yes Akira I am 17 years old right now

(Wait how is that constructive? Because you can watch me attempt to mature slowly? I think constructive markers are being abused here)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes Akira I am 17 years old right now
    well that makes sense.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well that make sense.
    If it will also make more sense to you, I have a terrible self esteem, chronic depression, mood swings, no friends, etc...

But that is not to say that everyone who is 17 and has these things will post awful and cringe things like me, there are teens here who are actually normal people.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If it will also make more sense to you, I have a terrible self esteem, chronic depression, mood swings, no friends, etc...

But that is not to say that everyone who is 17 and has these things will post awful and cringe things like me, there are teens here who are actually normal people.
    Ok, if you need to talk some day you can send me a pm.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They also plan with ILE's how to make LIE's bankrupt.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast