Thread: LII-INTj revolutionaries or other types?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LII-INTj revolutionaries or other types?

Andrei Sakharov, cosmologist/political activist/nobel peace prize winner

Vojislav Kostunica, Lawyer, Yugoslavian president,Serbian prime minister

Girolamo Savonarola, preacher, ruler of Florence
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you, on average INTJ don't give me the impression of revolutionaries in a political sense, but perhaps they are ideological revolutionaries?

Is ideology Ti or Ni in your opinion?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If revolutionary was only meant in the political sense, it would be too narrow to be applicable to a type. So when talking about LII being revolutionaries, it would almost have to be ideological revolutionaries. There are of course LII political revolutionaries, noteably Robespierre and Jefferson, but even in those political realms, they considered themselves to be more like ideological revolutionaries.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you seem to have an expanded view of ideology. I meant it as in "revolutionaries in the field of ideas". What did you have in mind?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    I agree with you, on average INTJ don't give me the impression of revolutionaries in a political sense, but perhaps they are ideological revolutionaries?

Is ideology Ti or Ni in your opinion?
    I'd say any judging function can be called an ideology. Many of the connotations of the word fit best to accepting Ti. Suggesting that Ni = ideology, is just wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes

I'd say any judging function can be called an ideology. Many of the connotations of the word fit best to accepting Ti. Suggesting that Ni = ideology, is just wrong.
    i would have to disagree. not to say that only Ni types can have ideologies, but ideology and intuition are very much linked.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes

i would have to disagree. not to say that only Ni types can have ideologies, but ideology and intuition are very much linked.
    Of course they're linked. Judging and perceiving functions are linked quite tightly. Thing is, if you observe something without making decisions, it's not ideology. It's an idea. There's a difference. See the -logy suffix? A connection to logos, logic, qualification of subject matter by deciding to call it with a certain name. And Ni types, do in fact have the possibility of using a judging function. And yes, intuition does, by its actions cause the birth of ideologies, but at that point the analysis of the subject matter ceases to be in the sphere of the intuitive function, only to enter it once again, when one starts to think about the possible results of using said ideology in practice and it's effects to the world at large. If you cease to use this distinction, you can pretty much throw away the whole concepts of judging and perceiving functions.