Default Middle Age

What is it and when does it start/end?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1090 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is a time defined by feudalism as a social system and extends roughly from 500 A.D. to 1500 A.D.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1090 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, wait. You meant a person's Middle Age.

It begins when you have achieved your major goals and ends when you don't care any more.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Oh, wait. You meant a person's Middle Age.

It begins when you have achieved your major goals and ends when you don't care any more.
    Gah can't wait for this to happen
    R

The Ultimate Aeon of Will RaptorWizard's Avatar
    TIM
    Ash INTP 5w6 so/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 27, and the journey, ride, eons, unfolding, events, undertakings, quest arrows, engines of motivation, power, surge, venom, all of that has crashed and flowed through my armory.

And it seems like an eternity. All of this time to question, ponder, explore, untangle, unravel, all of that is the life milk and fragrance.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Middle age is the period of age beyond young adulthood but before the onset of old age. Though the exact range is disputed, most sources place middle adulthood between the ages of 45-65.
    Middle-aged adults may begin to show visible signs of aging.[9] This process can be more rapid in women who have osteoporosis. Changes might occur in the nervous system. The ability to perform complex tasks remains intact. Women experience menopause in the years surrounding the age of 50, which ends natural fertility.[12] Menopause can have many side effects. Men may also experience physical changes.
    Erik Erikson refers to this period of adulthood as the generativity-versus-stagnation this is the seventh out of eight stages of Erik Erikson stages. Persons in middle adulthood or middle age may have some cognitive loss. This loss usually remains unnoticeable because life experiences and strategies are developed to compensate for any decrease in mental abilities.[10]During this stage, we can see that adults strive to have things that will outlast them. When we are talking about this stage, the generativity means that one is making ones mark. This is where one is trying to make the world a better place.
    Key characteristics of generativity:

• Mentoring others
    • To develop relationships with family
    • Contributing to the next generation

Then we can see that stagnation means a failure to find a way to contribute. When people are in this part of the stage we can see that people can feel disconnected from the community and society.
    Key characteristics of stagnation:

• No improvement of oneself
    • Placing themselves above everything
    • Being self-centered

There when we can understand how to increase our generativity and make sure that we are not using stagnation we can become better and be more connected in cognitive ways.
    -Wiki
    R

Mentioned
    1184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There are different views.
    In Europe I'd link the start with the end of significant slavery (with the end of Western Roman Empire in 5th century) and the end with industrial time since 18th century.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors