Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Somebody uses your ignoring function, do you get bored/lethargic?

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Yes nothing fazes you obviously, you’re still a loser and your gallery is a massive joke, you would have spent your time better collecting bottle caps or something
    Rent-free in your head. enjoy your mediocre life
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive
    Rent-free in your head. enjoy your mediocre life
    I’m happy with a mediocre life, it’s a lot better than being delusional and the laughing stock of an obscure underwater basket-weaving forum after spending countless hours on collecting images and watching youtube videos.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    People who use my ignoring function tend to get an indifferent response from me. I never say it openly. Certain types value my ignoring. Completely rational. My question is what you all think/feel when people emphasize your ignoring function?
    A bit of Fe excites me, and I tend to match the other person's level of energy/emotion. Intense displays of enthusiasm drain me, though, and I have difficulty connecting with people who seem too performative in their emotional expression.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I’m happy with a mediocre life, it’s a lot better than being delusional and the laughing stock of an obscure underwater basket-weaving forum after spending countless hours on collecting images and watching youtube videos.
    The crowning achievement of this forum will always be the 16types Adventures game and its sequels, created by a self-typed IEI. That's why Alive has to type everyone IEI in particular and try to make it sound like an insult while denying it. Alive thought 16t was a blank slate just because he hadn't heard of it before, but it was anything but.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Aw. I <3 you too, Compassionate Blue

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m in a group chat with some age types that I met at a work event and it’s just an endless stream of laugh and heart emojis that I barely feel the urge to contribute to anymore, especially because I’m generally unhappy

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I find it inspiring. I wish I had that kind of energy

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Excessive displays can derail and frustrate me. I don't want to be handheld either or getting advised. If it stays at bay I think it is preferable as I can find total lack of it bit stiff because I'm not the one who arrives there to resolve it (I may just drop passive hints).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For now I have analyzed only the contrary relations, so...

The Ignoring is considered to be a function with an obvious content for the type, which in use is opposite to its lead and therefore its influence must be diminished to allow it to make the lead produce.
    But,in this case it must be taken into account in order to deal with the lead valuer of that function. In my case and the those experienced by my friends, when someone uses their own ignoring as a lead, a sort of competition immediately starts.

Usually the extrovert feels inclined to have to show a sort of introverted artificial use of that ignoring, to make the other understand that he has also taken into consideration the single subjective impression of the function. He knows that the other requires it and must respect the expectations before he has the opportunity to show his reasons. He knows that by promoting his lead he would not receive any feedback instead. On the contrary, the introvert will continue showing his strong subjectivity, not caring about what the extrovert affirms with his ignoring.

Exemple: An EIE will try to show their strong and personal attachment to something or someone (Fi), and how much it matters to them, because he knows that the other is not able to accept or considering "good" an approach that is too expansive, and not "intense" like his, so he tries creating that intensity, but still in a too boisterous way which is not normal to a standard use of it. The introvert hardly evaluates this artificiality, because easily understands it being "false" (which is in fact unvalued of the type, and could appear in all its artifice in the eyes of EIIs). The responsive introvert intensifies his lead by not wanting to hear the other's reasons.
    This will lead the extrovert (EIE) to believe that the introvert tries to sabotage him with his "superior" behaviours, not paying them respect, until the extrovert could decide to walk away, sending the introvert from "superior" to a state of crisis.

It is very frequent that the relationships between these types are reconstructed, because both understand the importance of the other in their life, even if it is very unstable. Over the time, the extrovert learns that he does not need to fake an artificial valued use of the ignoring, as there is no reason to compete, simply opting to show respect for the type of behavior of the other (in this case his intensity, Fi) without trying to mimic it, while the introvert accepts more a communication through an use of his ignoring from others, giving more freedom to the other and accepting their point of views.

The sad thing in these cases is that this calm after the storm is always an apparent genuine acceptance, while it is not. Both will continue to see each other as limited, but they choose to keep them in their life and live together by accepting the situation instead of fighting, both for the feelings they have for each other and because they perceive it as a kind of side of the same coin. Because the ignoring It's something that they know they understand well and that they have to suppress to give vent to their lead.

I think that accepting and growing up with a contrary relationship is initially heavy, but it educates you to accept that part of you that is hidden and that counterbalances you. However, I don't consider it ideal for a partner, but more like friendship.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    The crowning achievement of this forum will always be the 16types Adventures game and its sequels, created by a self-typed IEI. That's why Alive has to type everyone IEI in particular and try to make it sound like an insult while denying it. Alive thought 16t was a blank slate just because he hadn't heard of it before, but it was anything but.
    Haha, nailed it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12