Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somebody uses your ignoring function, do you get bored/lethargic?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Somebody uses your ignoring function, do you get bored/lethargic?

People who use my ignoring function tend to get an indifferent response from me. I never say it openly. Certain types value my ignoring. Completely rational. My question is what you all think/feel when people emphasize your ignoring function?

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the only two types that have the ignoring has their main function are the mirage and extinguishment relationships. I'd say with mirage at least that it runs almost completely through T and F, with the occasional Se force of will coming from my end. Extinguishment on the other hand i'm not very close to, but in general it's just a mutually repelling force, with the occasional problem from a painful F function.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes it’s funny in a “bless your heart” kinda way

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pretty much zone out (LSE) or it irritates me (LIE). someitimes I find it valuable really depends.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like ILE Ne-Ti more than IEE Ne-Fi, but I can't have close relationship with ILE, we are too different. It is ILE's thinking process that I feel interested in, not their personality (still I like them the most in Alpha quadra).
    Last edited by Tarnished; 04-19-2021 at 07:16 AM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Well the only two types that have the ignoring has their main function are the mirage and extinguishment relationships. I'd say with mirage at least that it runs almost completely through T and F, with the occasional Se force of will coming from my end. Extinguishment on the other hand i'm not very close to, but in general it's just a mutually repelling force, with the occasional problem from a painful F function.
    What do you mean by it runs through T and F?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When a person is overinflated of their own ignoring it makes base less tolerable in all cases. Boredom might be even emphasized when those situations occur. Anchoring your ship above Mariana trench. You'll know it never catches its target.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

conveying facts and information about things gets annoying fast when they aren't related to or organized into a specific logical structure. Just learning random facts is extremely boring and a waste of time without a good reason to do so. I can't assimilate information without organizing it and understanding the overall logical map of why and how they all fit together.

I get annoyed and sleepy. "This is irrelevant.." may escape my lips.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    I think you meant "When a person is overinflated of their own base it makes ignoring less tolerable in all cases" right? It's true that the IEE-Fi I know seem to understand Ni way faster than I do. I don't even 'sense' most of it, flies right over my head if I don't concentrate on it.
    Point is: Person needs a way to release ignoring if not they become disoriented - role helps here. LSE who gets anal about rules is one such example or IEI who is all about potentials without any sensible target etc. When base has no actual access to the other side it becomes increasingly banal. I think it has a special effect in cases when base and ignoring collides.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is ok in a casual setting for example if it's for humor. Otherwise, from ILE I can tolerate it but from IEE I have a more internally hostile reaction to it.
    But yeah, overall it seems superfluous which leads to boredom and sometimes exasperation as I try to dismiss it.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like some of you are saying a valued function helps to digest the ignoring function. I can see that being cool. I tend to believe "valued" function are called such for a reason.

Nevertheless, its helpful discussing this topic with self aware people (like yourselves). Intertype interactions are still fascinating to me.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    What do you mean by it runs through T and F?
    Logic and Ethics, Thinking and Feeling. While it's debatable weather it's Ti/e or Fi/e (demonstrative or creative), mirage is definitionally a relationship based on either the rational functions for 2 irrational types, or the irrational functions for 2 rational ones.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i have the opposite experience of bored, one way or the other, but it is Fe we're talking about. i respond very differently to alpha and beta Fe.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Sounds like some of you are saying a valued function helps to digest the ignoring function. I can see that being cool. I tend to believe "valued" function are called such for a reason.

Nevertheless, its helpful discussing this topic with self aware people (like yourselves). Intertype interactions are still fascinating to me.
    Yes, I think P types would have more tolerant toward types that use their ignoring function because their nature is observe first/ judge after.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moharu View Post
    Yes, I think P types would have more tolerant toward types that use their ignoring function because their nature is observe first/ judge after.
    I got an SEI buddy. She's my mirage. I often willingly engage my Ne role cause its fun for us both. We're both P types, very much gather evidence prior to concluding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Logic and Ethics, Thinking and Feeling. While it's debatable weather it's Ti/e or Fi/e (demonstrative or creative), mirage is definitionally a relationship based on either the rational functions for 2 irrational types, or the irrational functions for 2 rational ones.
    I got it now. With my mirage friend, she & I approach life similarly (in a non-socionics way) but also at an age where excitement & emotions aren't everything. Def hear where you're coming from. Communication styles (rational functions) are a definite help

Depends on context. Bored if it's something I can safely ignore but for whatever reason I don't ignore it. But if it's something important, maybe annoyance - I feel like I listen to it with the base function, and internally I wonder, "why is this being explained in such an unwieldy way?". In practice, this means a lot of questions and confirmations.

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever I've been a part of a group of people that was mainly composed of alphas and deltas I have been in a constant state of irritation. They tend to love making silly jokes and doing weird things that are just unfunny to me. So I become the boring joy killer of the group and we stop hanging together at some point.
    I have quite a few ILE friends but we've learned to laugh about how unfunny they are to me.

Ne egos also tend to try to nuance everything I say (EIEs do that a lot too with their Ne dem). When this happens I just ignore it most of the time. It's very rare that I find it interesting unless maybe sometimes when it comes from an ILE.

To be honest I feel like within your dyad your dual uses your ignoring function more than you do in a way. Of course you have better mastery over it but still in a weird way it comes easier for them (I don't really know how to explain it).

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YXPR View Post
    Whenever I've been a part of a group of people that was mainly composed of alphas and deltas I have been in a constant state of irritation. They tend to love making silly jokes and doing weird things that are just unfunny to me. So I become the boring joy killer of the group and we stop hanging together at some point.
    I have quite a few ILE friends but we've learned to laugh about how unfunny they are to me.

Ne egos also tend to try to nuance everything I say (EIEs do that a lot too with their Ne dem). When this happens I just ignore it most of the time. It's very rare that I find it interesting unless maybe sometimes when it comes from an ILE.

To be honest I feel like within your dyad your dual uses your ignoring function more than you do in a way. Of course you have better mastery over it but still in a weird way it comes easier for them (I don't really know how to explain it).
    Well put. Thanks for the take

As an SLE, I don't value Ne but forums which do seem to be oversaturated with it. It's basically tons of messages of the Ne-ego variety. Because Ne & Se hinder eachother, Se is then perceived as ruining the party. I'm unapologetic with my Se. After a while, I was annoyed by that particular forum's culture. It's no secret Se-ego generally prefers real world anyway

I generally use Ne towards my dual to change things up cause the unusual can be a breath of fdesh air at times.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It makes me incredibly bored lol. I guess a positive side of being so bored though is I also feel 'safe' with it (cuz boredom & safety kinda go together in a way) and I understand most ILEs don't really have malicious intent with it.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    It makes me incredibly bored lol. I guess a positive side of being so bored though is I also feel 'safe' with it (cuz boredom & safety kinda go together in a way) and I understand most ILEs don't really have malicious intent with it.
    I can see that being the case in certain ways. Appreciate your perspective on it

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Ignoring function kind of sits as a 'taken for granted' part of the psyche.

If someone is strong in it, they don't really consider it relevant at all unless:
    a) they come upon it in interaction with others who use it,
    or, b) they need to fall back on it in certain situations.

Regarding the latter, I think I've seen it said that it's sometimes used to 'justify' the necessity of the base/dominant function.

Please let me know if I'm off my rocker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really feel this way at all about Ni-bases, and generally seem to get along with them just fine. It does feel a bit like I'm adjusting for them, I guess? But that's not something I mind.
    C’est ainsi, je ne danse pas pour vous,
    Mais seulement pour le vent.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience (If I truly am IEE): when I speak with IEI/ILI I feel as they are concentrating too much in something that for me is obvious. Obvious because these matters interest me a lot, but I seek them to complete me when I'm alone in my room with my PC. Bringing them out with people would be useless to me. And, also, I don't need people to talk about it because I'm not interested in what other think about it.

There was this IEI girl who loved my presence because I could keep a conversation about philosophy and concepts, which are things that interest me a lot, but I always tried to change argument or speak to others about stupid things because when I'm out with friends I just want to chill. The girl didn't interest me. Maybe If I liked her I would have acted as more interested.

I already spend a lot of my time doing my researches related to that matters, but speaking with a Ni lead irl make me feel "tired".

When I was with my ILI ex Gf I felt a lot connected with the "ID Block" part of myself, but It was draining after certain periods. I think illusionary relations are useful when you are little to better know yourself, but on the long run make you feel static. I still think she was the best girl I ever met, but I would't return with her because I see no personal development for both.

Another IEE friend of mine studies philosophy at university but never talks about it when he is out with friends. It happens we both are able to make good arguments and connection between things and these concepts, but that's all. We still try to be light when out with others.

So... I think we need to take care of our ignoring, because it is too much connected to the lead function. It's more private and hidden in general. It is unvalued from external, I think.
    Last edited by Lesri; 07-17-2022 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There have been times where it hasn't registered to me that someone was using my ignoring until after the fact. But when I am aware of it my mind immediately tries to see the motive behind it, or I get suspicious. Loads of Fe makes me think "What do you want? What are you trying to sell me?"

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes bored, sometimes frustrated, annoyed, repulsed, disturbed. The interest in Mirage lies in the opposing dichotomies and the partial support of the weak valued functions.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They remind me that I still have another strong function to make use of, which I normally forget about.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bored, yes. Lethargic, no. I usually just leave when Fe valuers arrive and Fe up the room. Too boring, and since it is boring, it is also annoying when that happens.

It's like...I'm having some decent conversation, then all of a sudden the emotional atmosphere people come in and take over chat while saying nothing substantial, just making the atmosphere lighthearted and upbeat. I prefer serious conversations that possess some kind of productive purpose.

It's like a storm that rolls in and ruins your beach trip, except it's also obnoxious like people who run in loudly chattering and bumping into you while you were lying out in the sun on a nice, peaceful, quiet afternoon. Fe pretty much just ruins my good time.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Bear View Post
    Bored, yes. Lethargic, no. I usually just leave when Fe valuers arrive and Fe up the room. Too boring, and since it is boring, it is also annoying when that happens.

It's like...I'm having some decent conversation, then all of a sudden the emotional atmosphere people come in and take over chat while saying nothing substantial, just making the atmosphere lighthearted and upbeat. I prefer serious conversations that possess some kind of productive purpose.

It's like a storm that rolls in and ruins your beach trip, except it's also obnoxious like people who run in loudly chattering and bumping into you while you were lying out in the sun on a nice, peaceful, quiet afternoon. Fe pretty much just ruins my good time.
    I feel similarly. I'm not sure I'd say it ruins a good time, but it puts a damper on it. It tries too hard to claw out the parts I want to keep in and seems to demand constant emotional response whereas I prefer sort of a sense of closeness that's kept to myself.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha Fe = Bored/annoyed

Beta Fe = Amused, invigorated, sometimes cringed out if it’s the campy theater kid variety

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post

I feel similarly. I'm not sure I'd say it ruins a good time, but it puts a damper on it. It tries too hard to claw out the parts I want to keep in and seems to demand constant emotional response whereas I prefer sort of a sense of closeness that's kept to myself.
    Exactly this

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'd say it's interesting as a fun discussion but otherwise not worth the time if we're talking serious matters. So long as that's the context of the discussion I could (and gladly will) talk all damn day. Hell, I'd say it's a good reason I get along so well with my LII cousin. We like to bounce ideas about things like alternate possibilities of how and why past events unfolded for us as they did and/or how a given plotline in a series we both know about could have been better. Y'know, things removed from "real life" as it were.

The instant it turns to that in all seriousness (hence why we both tend to avoid the rest of the family instinctually if we're together because they all love to talk politics for some reason) the predictable interactions ensue. is good and all, as is , but in IRL what matters is results. Direct, physical, actually played out by the historical record results. He gets where I'm coming from on that front, but only abstractly as I do his own for perfect systems only play out well in the fantasy lands of . That's a fun idea for a novel series and all, but it ain't any way to organize a society IRL. That's the thing with quasi-identicals. They truly "get" your primary functions on the same level you do, but they utterly lack their counterparts. An ILI has at least a hint of and to them, an LII doesn't and vice-versa.

I also feel the grind between and in casual conversation with him. He seems to as well but we both shrug it off as simply coming at the same answers through different (though vaguely and illogically yet also very mildly frustrating to us both) means and hey, we're at a similar IQ level so that in itself is a rare occurrence for us so we just let bygones be bygones and continue to smile and nod at each other as we admire how imaginative (to me) or perfectly linear/analytical (to him) their thinking is. I wonder if that's also a common occurrence in interactions between Quasi-Identicals...

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just care too little about money and how to effectively use it and safe the most and purchase things in the most cost-efficient ways to really engage with it. yeah I can use it if my life dependent on it but otherwise get away from me with your tax returns.

at work it gets a bit annoying with Te base because they constantly bother you with that one step that can save a small little of energy/resources/money whatever but the only thing I'm seeing is that I have to work a lot more for this minor improvement that barely matters when I can just get back to thinking about more interesting stuff in my head. Te are workaholics and it's unpleasant to be around such people

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive
    I just care too little about money and how to effectively use it and safe the most and purchase things in the most cost-efficient ways to really engage with it. yeah I can use it if my life dependent on it but otherwise get away from me with your tax returns.

at work it gets a bit annoying with Te base because they constantly bother you with that one step that can save a small little of energy/resources/money whatever but the only thing I'm seeing is that I have to work a lot more for this minor improvement that barely matters when I can just get back to thinking about more interesting stuff in my head. Te are workaholics and it's unpleasant to be around such people
    Okay Te polr.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Okay Te polr.
    ah yes totally, that's why I get into arguments with Se base types and only feel boredom and indifference when it comes to efficiency. it's totally not Se PolR and Ignoring Te. I avoid SEE and SLE like the plague because they are my dual and semi-dual. genius.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah yes totally, that's why I get into arguments with Se base types and only feel boredom and indifference when it comes to efficiency. it's totally not Se PolR and Ignoring Te. I avoid SEE and SLE like the plague because they are my dual and semi-dual. genius.
    Dude you are in denial and can’t type anything

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude you are in denial and can’t type anything
    Dude, I have you on ignore in chat. why don't you save your precious time on earth and do the same and continue to larp as a sensing type if that makes you happy. life is short.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, I have you on ignore in chat. why don't you save your precious time on earth and do the same and continue to larp as a sensing type if that makes you happy. life is short.
    I have time to tell you you’re full of shit every now and then, enjoy.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have time to tell you you’re full of shit every now and then, enjoy.
    it leaves me pretty unaffected, since I know you don't really understand the theory. you are not as significant as you think you are.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it leaves me pretty unaffected, since I know you don't really understand the theory. you are not as significant as you think you are.
    Yes nothing fazes you obviously, you’re still a loser and your gallery is a massive joke, you would have spent your time better collecting bottle caps or something

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast